University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!...I also interviewed on Jan 29th for the Austin campus and I heard back from Jimmy today about my acceptance as well!
I'm so pumped!
Congratulations to y'all! I also interviewed on Jan 29th and just got my acceptance email for Austin. Excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just wondering if anyone knows if all the seats have been filled for the summer start date. I was also at the Jan. 29th interview and have yet to receive anything. I know some of ya'll have already got acceptances, just wondering if anyone knows if they are done sending them out or if they are going to continue next week. Any help is much appreciated.

Was just wondering if anyone knows if all the seats have been filled for the summer start date. I was also at the Jan. 29th interview and have yet to receive anything. I know some of ya'll have already got acceptances, just wondering if anyone knows if they are done sending them out or if they are going to continue next week. Any help is much appreciated.

Hey King! I just withdrew my application from St. Augustine in Austin today, so hopefully that helps you out! Good luck!

Hey King! I just withdrew my application from St. Augustine in Austin today, so hopefully that helps you out! Good luck!

Thanks for the info qwertyDPT. The information is much appreciated. Good luck to you as well!

Anyone else heard anything? I have not heard of I'm accepted, wait-listed, or denied. I know they sent out acceptances last week. Just wondering if the class has been filled?

@King4489 Maybe you can ask Jimmy about it? I'm in the Austin DPT group on FB and there are currently 47 members in there. Although that isn't a clear and concrete answer of course but there's still a chance the group hasn't been filled yet.

Last edited:
@King4489 Maybe you can ask Jimmy about it? I'm currently in the Austin DPT group on FB and there are currently 47 members in there. Although that isn't a clear and concrete answer of course but there's still a chance the group hasn't been filled yet.

Thanks for info. Hopefully the class has not filled and I find out something quick. This Friday marks 3 weeks since the interview so maybe they will send out some more emails. Congrats on getting in. I wish you the best of luck!

Anyone else heard anything? I have not heard of I'm accepted, wait-listed, or denied. I know they sent out acceptances last week. Just wondering if the class has been filled?
I agree with Elchino. I would call Jimmy and check on your status. It could be that their was a problem with your email. Good luck.

Hey King, I'm in the same boat as you are. I still haven't heard anything either. It's got me kind of nervous. Hang in there and, either good or bad, we should find out something before the week ends I would hope. Like someone previously mentioned, I saw the Facebook page was still under 50 which has given me a little hope - maybe some remaining spots! I wish you all the luck!

Hey King, I'm in the same boat as you are. I still haven't heard anything either. It's got me kind of nervous. Hang in there and, either good or bad, we should find out something before the week ends I would hope. Like someone previously mentioned, I saw the Facebook page was still under 50 which has given me a little hope - maybe some remaining spots! I wish you all the luck!
Good-luck to you as well. I hope we both get in!

Has anybody got any denials for the Summer 2016 class in Austin, TX? Been over 3 weeks and still have not received anything. I've emailed Jimmy twice and another lady that works in admissions and got no reply. Is the class full? Any help would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody got any denials for the Summer 2016 class in Austin, TX? Been over 3 weeks and still have not received anything. I've emailed Jimmy twice and another lady that works in admissions and got no reply. Is the class full? Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm in the same boat. I haven't received anything either, but I emailed Jimmy last week and he said they were still in the process of sending out final decisions. I interviewed for the MOT program and was told I will hear back in 2-3 weeks. Tomorrow would mark the end of 3 weeks. Wish you the best of luck!

Anyone know how many spots they're looking to fill for MOT summer 2016 cohort?

Update!! Acceptance!!! :soexcited:

I logged into USA's application portal this morning and saw that I had been accepted for Summer 2016 at the San Marcos, CA campus!!! I'm sorry I didn't see some of your messages until now, but the interview had some summer applicants as well as lots of fall applicants. I talked with someone this morning who was accepted for fall (he found out yesterday on his application portal), but I don't know if they have filled all of the spots for summer or not yet. If I find more out, I will be sure to post!

For those of you who have been accepted, will anyone be commuting from the riverside county area? I live in Lake Elsinore and will be commuting every day, so I am looking for a carpool buddy! :hello:

Hi dannibambi,

Congratulations on your acceptance! When was your interview held?

I logged into USA's application portal this morning and saw that I had been accepted for Summer 2016 at the San Marcos, CA campus!!! I'm sorry I didn't see some of your messages until now, but the interview had some summer applicants as well as lots of fall applicants. I talked with someone this morning who was accepted for fall (he found out yesterday on his application portal), but I don't know if they have filled all of the spots for summer or not yet. If I find more out, I will be sure to post!

For those of you who have been accepted, will anyone be commuting from the riverside county area? I live in Lake Elsinore and will be commuting every day, so I am looking for a carpool buddy! :hello:

Hi dannibambi,

Congratulations on your acceptance! When was your interview held?

Thank you so much! They emailed me February 1 with an offer to interview, and the interview was on Friday February 12.

Congratulations!

I looked at your avatar and you looked really familiar. I think we interviewed together on Feb 12th with Kristen.

Again, congratulations! :)

Congratulations!

I looked at your avatar and you looked really familiar. I think we interviewed together on Feb 12th with Kristen.

Again, congratulations! :)

Thank you very much! I wish you the best of luck with getting in very soon! :)

Thank you so much! They emailed me February 1 with an offer to interview, and the interview was on Friday February 12.

Thank you for the quick response. I have a question regarding where to check the admissions status? Is the USA portal different from the online application? I never received an email with a username and password for the portal like it says online. It would be great if you could help clear my confusion because I've already interviewed and not sure if I'm checking the right place for updates!

Thank you for the quick response. I have a question regarding where to check the admissions status? Is the USA portal different from the online application? I never received an email with a username and password for the portal like it says online. It would be great if you could help clear my confusion because I've already interviewed and not sure if I'm checking the right place for updates!
I agree, I haven't been able to figure that out either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

It is on the website we did our application on. So log into your application, and at the top there are several tabs. Click on "Admissions Decision" and when I clicked on it, there was a letter that basically said congratulations and that I have been accepted, and it stated that it was for the May 2016 start date. Hope this helps!

I'm still waiting to hear back since the January 29th interview for Austin.

I've emailed Jimmy with no response...starting to think the worst, but hoping for the best.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm still waiting to hear back since the January 29th interview for Austin.

I've emailed Jimmy with no response...starting to think the worst, but hoping for the best.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I received an acceptance letter yesterday for the Austin campus. I had a skype interview in February though.

Hey is there a essay portion on interview day? or is the interview the main part?

Hey is there a essay portion on interview day? or is the interview the main part?
I interviewed in Austin, Tx on Jan 29th and we were told that the essay portion was no longer part of the interview process. I am not sure if that was just for Texas or if it was eliminated for all campuses. I would call one of the counselor's to verify. Good Luck!

Does anyone know if they've started sending acceptance letters to people on the wait-list yet?

I interviewed in Austin, Tx on Jan 29th and we were told that the essay portion was no longer part of the interview process. I am not sure if that was just for Texas or if it was eliminated for all campuses. I would call one of the counselor's to verify. Good Luck!
Will do, Thank you!

My st aug fall application has not had a decision on it :/ no interview or rejection... How do they let you know if you have an interview? email or the application website?

I received an acceptance letter yesterday for the Austin campus. I had a skype interview in February though.
Hi pvn. Congratulations!!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

For anyone that has/was waitlisted, did yall get any more information regarding that? I read somewhere that if you get waitlisted and don't get admission to the term you applied for, you get a seat for the next term?

Same question as mvpfuturept but just wondering if anyone got in through the waitlist here?

Same question as mvpfuturept but just wondering if anyone got in through the waitlist here?
I'm on the waitlist and eagerly waiting too. I haven't heard anything yet, but i'm hoping its very soon.

I'm on the waitlist and eagerly waiting too. I haven't heard anything yet, but i'm hoping its very soon.

When did you interview and have you had any correspondence with the admissions office? I messaged Diana Aybar today and she said it is completely randomized, they do not pick who comes off the waitlist.

When did you interview and have you had any correspondence with the admissions office? I messaged Diana Aybar today and she said it is completely randomized, they do not pick who comes off the waitlist.

I applied for the Summer and my interview was in December (first Friday of December I believe). I contacted the admissions office and they said that they would let us know via email when they make a decision. It was vague but I was under the impression that we would know soon. I hope anyway lol

I applied for the Summer and my interview was in December (first Friday of December I believe). I contacted the admissions office and they said that they would let us know via email when they make a decision. It was vague but I was under the impression that we would know soon. I hope anyway lol
your interview was in December and you still don't know if you're in or out??

your interview was in December and you still don't know if you're in or out??

I was put on the wait list and from what i've heard I could find out if I'm accepted or not just weeks before school starts.

Would you mind to share that Ms. Aybar e mail address, please!?

Just an FYI to all the guys waiting to hear back, I was accepted last Friday from the waitlist!

I have to be one of the last stragglers to just sneak in, but there's hope!

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Just an FYI to all the guys waiting to hear back, I was accepted last Friday from the waitlist!

I have to be one of the last stragglers to just sneak in, but there's hope!

Good luck to everyone!

That is awesome! Congratulations man! I can't even imagine what you must be going through, haha.

I'm also on the waitlist for the St. Augustine campus, but haven't heard back anything since I got the waitlist email. So I'm hoping I get rolled over to the next semester or something.

So I wrote this in reply to someone who asked some questions about how I ended up getting in. Thought I'd share for everyone (especially for the hopefuls that don't have the best stats).

- I actually applied for Fall '16, but they snuck me into the interviews for Summer '16 which was really interesting.

- I interviewed at the Austin campus for the Austin campus.

- January 29th was my interview date and I found out last Friday (4/8/16) that I was accepted.

- Here's the interesting part - my GPA is terrible. I went to UT Austin and left with a 2.78 because of one semester where I had a lot going on with my family and decided not to drop the classes. (I ended up with two D-'s)

I did fairly well on the GRE with a 161 on quantitative, 155 on verbal and a 4 on writing.

What I did do well that I think helped me a lot was stay on top of my experiences and extracurricular activities.

I was an officer in a large student association during undergrad and was active (just enough...haha) in the physical therapy organization.
I worked as a therapy technician at Healthsouth (a rehab hospital) in downtown Austin for a while before I started working for a pediatric therapy clinic as a tech there. I did well and got along with the kids which eventually led to a therapist recommending me to be trained as a casting technician at the clinic. I was trained by a therapist from Dell Children's hospital and my duties expanded to 'serial casting' kids on a regular basis as well as help around the clinic on more important issues.

I think it's REALLY important to always try and expand your role as a tech or else you're stuck wiping stuff down with disinfectant all day.

I graduated from undergrad and I began to retake classes that I did badly in (that were PT related) for the next year, but still not enough to get my cumulative GPA over a 3.0. This was on top of working full time at the clinic, but wasn't bad because the work was actually fun. I finally got all of my applications in and realized that more hours in the same setting weren't going to help me (I've racked up well over 3000 at the pediatric clinic alone).

I've been working full time at a medical equipment distributor since then who works closely with a lot of PTs and OTs. It's been a totally different experience which was why I took the job in the first place and it showed me a completely different side of rehab. I will say though, that I'm not sure it's something I could do for the rest of my life even though I enjoyed it for the time being.

Interesting fact is that I actually gave inservices with some ATPs at St. Augustine for a couple of their OT and PT classes.

So that's my story of getting in so far. Pretty pumped about starting class soon, but sad that I'll be studying my life away for a bit over two years.

Hope this gives people hope who have a part of their application that is substantially weaker than others like mine.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone i will be applying for spring 2017 and I had a question: I will have 2 prereqs pending (those grades won't be stated on my transcript between 1st or 2nd week of August) - I am worried that this might hurt my chances? Did any of you have classes pending? Would appreciate some input thanks!

If anyone here was accepted to the San Marcos campus and is interested in purchasing study material let me know. I have a lot of helpful tools/notes/media, which are laid out and organized based on where you are in the program.

I'm applying to the Florida campus.

Biology Major
GPA 3.1
GRE 293
Prerequisite GPA 3.3
Observation hours 4,458

These are ballpark estimates. GPA's are calculated differently from PTCAS and USA.
Hello do u know if anyone has been accepted with a gre of 292?