University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not attending St Augustine for anybody that was waitlisted that should give you all some hope!
Good Luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back whether or not their forms were received by the San Marcos campus? I've been trying to reach them all week. Also I was told that for the San Marcos campus that the drug test didn't need to be completed by the 20 day period, but need to be completed before the start of classes in May.

Has anyone heard back whether or not their forms were received by the San Marcos campus? I've been trying to reach them all week. Also I was told that for the San Marcos campus that the drug test didn't need to be completed by the 20 day period, but need to be completed before the start of classes in May.
There is a place on your portal where you can see what forms are filed. I called them and they received mine but it hasn't shown up on the portal yet. they physically have to put it in the system once they get the fax/emails. click the "candidate" link at near the top and then on the far right click on "view folder items" to see if they have been logged.

There is a place on your portal where you can see what forms are filed. I called them and they received mine but it hasn't shown up on the portal yet. they physically have to put it in the system once they get the fax/emails. click the "candidate" link at near the top and then on the far right click on "view folder items" to see if they have been logged.
Thanks! Also, another question. On page 10 of the enrollment agreement did you sign anything? I just initialed on the bottom but it says that we should sign but I'm not sure where on that page I would sign my signature

Thanks! Also, another question. On page 10 of the enrollment agreement did you sign anything? I just initialed on the bottom but it says that we should sign but I'm not sure where on that page I would sign my signature
I just checked off everything, initialed and dated that page.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just checked off everything, initialed and dated that page.
Don't forget to get someone to sign as your witness. I turned it in and Tara told me that we need to get it sign but it can be anyone. I got one of my coworkers to sign at the clinic that I am at and it worked. I believe it is on the Statement of Financial Ability and pages 11 and 13 of the Enrollment Packet. Hope this is helpful.

Is anyone invited/going to the interview on Jan. 29 at the Austin Campus? I'm new to the forums, but from what I've been reading it looks like there has already been a couple of interview sessions and that makes me kind of nervous haha.

I had my application delayed because I still had some pre-req classes in progress in the fall, so I am hoping this is why I didn't hear back from anyone until this past week.

It sounds like most of you who went through the interview process got accepted from what it looks like, so congrats!

Do any of you have any interview advice? I did a bunch of interview type stuff during my undergrad so I feel pretty comfortable doing that, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is anyone invited/going to the interview on Jan. 29 at the Austin Campus? I'm new to the forums, but from what I've been reading it looks like there has already been a couple of interview sessions and that makes me kind of nervous haha.

I had my application delayed because I still had some pre-req classes in progress in the fall, so I am hoping this is why I didn't hear back from anyone until this past week.

It sounds like most of you who went through the interview process got accepted from what it looks like, so congrats!

Do any of you have any interview advice? I did a bunch of interview type stuff during my undergrad so I feel pretty comfortable doing that, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'll be there. I've been accepted to other schools but my parents want to retire asap (they pay for COL) so I may end up going to USA if I get accepted.

It is the most laid back interview I have had so far. I got the impression that the candidates there were pretty much accepted and the interview was used to confirm their decision. maybe not but thats what it felt like. I didn't feel like I had the best interview but still got accepted. That said, there may not be as many available spots for you, so be on you A game. The interview is a group interview of two or three students. The faculty at Austin is really nice. It's so small that everyone knows each other and is willing to help. I was with three interviewees and some of my questions were things like what does integrity mean and how do you know someone has it? what is a time you had a strong opinion and it changed? What is a challenging situation you have seen with a PT? What was a stressful experience and how did you deal with it? Most stressful semester? there were probably a couple more but all were pretty standard. The weirdest thing for me was "taking turns" between the other candidates. The interview was probably only 10-15 minutes per candidate. Dress sharp, and smile and practice a few interview questions and you should be good. Hope this helps. Congratulations and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot of the feedback! I feel a little more at ease now.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your impression of the program in general? The PT clinic I work at had a USA student come in and do an internship this summer and everyone was pretty impressed with what the student knew - and like really good manual therapy skills. I know I saw somewhere that USA's program does very well with manual therapy education and they offer a MTC at some point during the program.

Congrats again to you both on the acceptance! Maybe we'll be classmates!

I have also been invited to the Austin interview for the 29th, however, I have to see if I can reschedule this interview or my other interview. I made plans to interview at another school for the 28th and I don't want to be on such a tight time constraint.

From the tour that we had on interview day, I was impressed with their campus and equipment. Ive been interviewed at 3 other schools (UNT, TT, Baylor), and USA (in Austin) definitely has the best campus of the 4, and by a pretty good margin too. But I guess thats what happens when they have 100k going into tuition vs 35k lol. The selling point to me was like someone mentioned, every time I had contact with a USA student/grad, they always impress me on how much they know. Sure the program costs quite a bit more, but I think the the price offsets a little because you are able to get in the field and start getting paid earlier since it is a faster program. Just my 2 cents on why I chose USA over the others.

Thanks a lot of the feedback! I feel a little more at ease now.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your impression of the program in general? The PT clinic I work at had a USA student come in and do an internship this summer and everyone was pretty impressed with what the student knew - and like really good manual therapy skills. I know I saw somewhere that USA's program does very well with manual therapy education and they offer a MTC at some point during the program.

Congrats again to you both on the acceptance! Maybe we'll be classmates!

I have heard great things about the program and that they are really into manual therapy. The student giving our tour loved the school and faculty. Other programs didn't have students that gave me that vibe as much. She said they would request modalities they didn't have and USA would buy them so they could get some hands on training. Also keep in mind throughout your whole career you are continuing you education and learning more. If your program didn't teach alot of something you are interested all is not lost. All the buildings and equipment is new so it has a clean vibe and everything works. We get out own cadavers which is cool. Most other programs share them or get "seconds" after the med students. The school is by a nice area so I felt safe at any time of day. Personally I thought it was an excellent campus and program.

I will say the cost of tuition is outrageous, but it is nearly a year shorter than any other program I am looking at(starts earlier and finishes sooner). I could make money for a whole year longer which makes it less of a blow. I have a friend that is finishing his last trimester there and he suggested I look at cheaper schools. Remember the Grad loans start collecting interest right away and fast when you are talking so much money. Cost of living in Austin is pretty expensive, too, even for a Californian. That factors in to even more loans/debt. I am worrying less and less about the debt because there are lots of ways to help pay them off. For me the only con right now is the money. Oh, and I also wasn't a big fan of the city even after everyone raved about it, but Im sure over time I will enjoy it. I only spent 4 days there. Traffic was always a mess no matter what time I was driving. I haven't made up my mind for sure yet. I have two interviews left but USA is one of my top choices.

I have also been invited to the Austin interview for the 29th, however, I have to see if I can reschedule this interview or my other interview. I made plans to interview at another school for the 28th and I don't want to be on such a tight time constraint.
I would be careful trying to reschedule with USA. They already had two rounds of interviews in the fall (for summer start date) So they may not offer another interview date. Just wanted to give you a heads up. They are very nice there! I can't wait to start in May! Best of luck to you in your interviews.

I would be careful trying to reschedule with USA. They already had two rounds of interviews in the fall (for summer start date) So they may not offer another interview date. Just wanted to give you a heads up. They are very nice there! I can't wait to start in May! Best of luck to you in your interviews.

Ah man I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I made plans to interview at Western U on the 28th, made hotel reservations and flights, and received the invite just several days ago to interview at USA on the 29th. I guess I could try postponing Western's interview to a later date.... Does anyone know if it goes against your chances? (Later interview dates, much more competitive, less spots, etc?)

Man that was nothing like my interview. I had a tough interviewer and I may have sweat a little. I still got in and will be joining this class. He insulted my undergrad school for the performance of a previous class and so he challenged me in my knowledge. One of his questions, "What are the hamstring muscles, their actions, insertion, and nerve innervation?" Apparently, I was good enough to the point that we talked about types of wines and cigars. He told me to bring up my alcohol tolerance because "this is Austin." LOL

Man that was nothing like my interview. I had a tough interviewer and I may have sweat a little. I still got in and will be joining this class. He insulted my undergrad school for the performance of a previous class and so he challenged me in my knowledge. One of his questions, "What are the hamstring muscles, their actions, insertion, and nerve innervation?" Apparently, I was good enough to the point that we talked about types of wines and cigars. He told me to bring up my alcohol tolerance because "this is Austin." LOL

Haha wow, that sounds very informal, but also a bit random yet relaxed? Maybe they're trying to see how well you handle under pressure.

Did you interview in a mini group as well? I can't imagine how that would go..

Ah man I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I made plans to interview at Western U on the 28th, made hotel reservations and flights, and received the invite just several days ago to interview at USA on the 29th. I guess I could try postponing Western's interview to a later date.... Does anyone know if it goes against your chances? (Later interview dates, much more competitive, less spots, etc?)
I would call them and ask if they have another date that you can interview on…. the worst they can say is no…right?

I am also attending the January 29th interview.

I'm just confused because I thought I applied for the fall term, but this sounds like a late interview for the summer term.

I was pretty happy thinking that I had a first round interview for the fall, but now I'm nervous!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I already emailed Jimmy about it, but I still find it strange.

Edit - I just checked my application and only my GRE scores were accepted by St. Augustine before the summer deadline. All of my other documents were submitted early November. Weird.

Last edited:
I am also attending the January 29th interview.

I'm just confused because I thought I applied for the fall term, but this sounds like a late interview for the summer term.

I was pretty happy thinking that I had a first round interview for the fall, but now I'm nervous!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I already emailed Jimmy about it, but I still find it strange.

Edit - I just checked my application and only my GRE scores were accepted by St. Augustine before the summer deadline. All of my other documents were submitted early November. Weird.

Funny, I also thought I had applied for the fall term but I just checked the USA Portal and had indeed applied for the summer term.

I just switched my other interview date around so I'll be attending the January 29th interview as well. Also nervous being in the last round of interviews like you all, but good luck to everyone and I hope for the best.

Haha wow, that sounds very informal, but also a bit random yet relaxed? Maybe they're trying to see how well you handle under pressure.

Did you interview in a mini group as well? I can't imagine how that would go..

Yeah. It was me and another guy. We both did well. Just make sure you stay calm and answer the questions. If you don't know be honest. Do not try to make an answer, they will know.

OK guys. My last 3-4 weeks have been crazy for me. I swear, I don't think there is another person who has been through so much craziness than me. So I applied to the Summer cohort as most of you guys did. I found out right after Xmas that I had been wait-listed for the summer program and so that was a little bummer for me but also better than a rejection. ONE week later, I receive a call from an admissions person from the Florida campus and was told that I was being called because there was a Spring 2016 seat that was probably going to be available (probably because of a late drop). They told me it was guaranteed and that they just wanted to know if I was interested in accepting the seat if it went through. (The only reason they called me, was because I lived in Austin and since the Spring semester was starting in the next week, that they felt I would be able to accept). They called me the next morning and told me that it didn't go through and that I would still be on the waiting list for the summer. TWO DAYS LATER, the same person calls again to inform that the seat did open and that the seat was mine if I so choose. (Classes were to start in the next 2 days) My mind was going crazy...! I ended up accepting and suddenly starting making changes (job, living situation, etc). It's been 3 weeks of class, and let me tell you, it has been crazy and busy. Very overwhelming with the amount of classes and studying. But let me tell you, I would not change anything. It has been great. Everyone from classmates to the professors to the upper class-men have been great. The school seems like one big family with everyone wanting to help each other. The campus is great. We just had our 1st anatomy exam this past week and we have our 2nd one this week! Anatomy is craziness. A must study class!

If you guys have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to help you guys out. USA-Austin is a great program thus far.

OK guys. My last 3-4 weeks have been crazy for me. I swear, I don't think there is another person who has been through so much craziness than me. So I applied to the Summer cohort as most of you guys did. I found out right after Xmas that I had been wait-listed for the summer program and so that was a little bummer for me but also better than a rejection. ONE week later, I receive a call from an admissions person from the Florida campus and was told that I was being called because there was a Spring 2016 seat that was probably going to be available (probably because of a late drop). They told me it was guaranteed and that they just wanted to know if I was interested in accepting the seat if it went through. (The only reason they called me, was because I lived in Austin and since the Spring semester was starting in the next week, that they felt I would be able to accept). They called me the next morning and told me that it didn't go through and that I would still be on the waiting list for the summer. TWO DAYS LATER, the same person calls again to inform that the seat did open and that the seat was mine if I so choose. (Classes were to start in the next 2 days) My mind was going crazy...! I ended up accepting and suddenly starting making changes (job, living situation, etc). It's been 3 weeks of class, and let me tell you, it has been crazy and busy. Very overwhelming with the amount of classes and studying. But let me tell you, I would not change anything. It has been great. Everyone from classmates to the professors to the upper class-men have been great. The school seems like one big family with everyone wanting to help each other. The campus is great. We just had our 1st anatomy exam this past week and we have our 2nd one this week! Anatomy is craziness. A must study class!

If you guys have any questions, let me know and I will try my best to help you guys out. USA-Austin is a great program thus far.

OH WOW, That is crazy... Congrats on getting in! I am in the May 2016 Cohort, I'm beyond excited and nervous. Im worried about the course load of an accelerated Doctorate program. I know its do-able because so many have done it. My husband and I are in the process of getting our house in New Mexico ready to rent out and looking for a new place out in Austin and a job for him. It is definitely a lot to do to get ready with notice. I couldn't imagine the craziness you went through. What is the anatomy class like? I am going to take the refresher course they offer (its been a few years since i took anatomy).. My main concern is the anatomy cadaver lab… what is it like?

Last edited:
When will they send out contact lists for people searching for roommates?

Hey Guys, anyone know if they're holding any more interviews for San Marcos Summer (May 2016) start date? Thanks!

Good luck to everyone that got in! I'm withdrawing my acceptance to the San Marcos campus so hopefully this benefits someone else on this forum.

Hi all,

I know this is a DPT thread, but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything for MOT?

I applied for MOT at the Austin campus for fall 2016. I just received an invite for an interview last Friday. Anyone else?

Just got done interviewing at the Austin campus (Jan 29th). How does everyone think they did. Not a lot of spots left but I believe I did well enough to get in. Let me know what ya'll think and how ya'll did.

Just got done interviewing at the Austin campus (Jan 29th). How does everyone think they did. Not a lot of spots left but I believe I did well enough to get in. Let me know what ya'll think and how ya'll did.
Was this for second round interviews?

This was for the 3rd and final round. DPT class, start date in May. Let me know how y'all did.

anyone from San Marcos DPT know if they're holding anymore interviews for the May summer start class?

Has anyone from San Marcos started looking for roommates yet? Does anyone know when they will send out contact list for people searching for roommates?

Was just wondering if anyone has heard from St. Augustine in Texas yet? Had our interviews last Friday (Jan 29). Suppose to know late this week early next week. Let me know if anyone has heard anything!

Hey...I also attended the interview at St. Augustine in Texas last Friday the 29th and I have yet to hear anything back yet. Been anxiously refreshing my email.

Hey...I also attended the interview at St. Augustine in Texas last Friday the 29th and I have yet to hear anything back yet. Been anxiously refreshing my email.

Well good-luck to you as well. I hope that we both get in and become classmates. I refresh my email every 5 minutes lol.

I declined my spot today, hope this helps someone out :)

anyone from San Marcos DPT know if they're holding anymore interviews for the May summer start class?
Hi, I have an interview scheduled for the San Marcos campus this Friday for the May start date. Wish me luck! And good luck to all of you!!

Hi, I have an interview scheduled for the San Marcos campus this Friday for the May start date. Wish me luck! And good luck to all of you!!

Hey there, congrats on the interview invite! I will be at the San Marcos interview on Friday as well; however, I am almost certain that I applied for the Fall 2016 cycle. Would you be able to verify whether this upcoming interview is the 2nd interview for Summer 2016 or is it the 1st interview for Fall 2016?

Has anyone heard from the Austin campus regarding the Jan 29th interview? I figured we should be hearing something pretty quick.

Has anyone heard from the Austin campus regarding the Jan 29th interview? I figured we should be hearing something pretty quick.

I also interviewed at the Austin campus on Jan 29th and have been anxiously waiting for a response. I have been refreshing my email and checking the status page on the USA website every 5minutes. I found this thread a couple days ago and was curious if anyone from the 3rd round of interviews for the summer 2016 cohort was communicating here. I hope we hear something by the end of this week or early next week. Let me know if you hear something. Good luck...

Congrats dannibambi! when did you get your interview invitation? how many days ago? and do you know if this is the last interview round for the May summer start class?

Interviewed on Jan 29th for the Austin campus and just received an acceptance email!! :clap:

Last edited:
Interviewed on Jan 29th for the Austin campus and just received an acceptance email!! :clap:
Congratulations!...I also interviewed on Jan 29th for the Austin campus and I heard back from Jimmy today about my acceptance as well!
I'm so pumped!