University of Oklahoma Fall 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed a day before my bday too! I did not have a group interview...only an interview before a pannel of three people.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question. I am the worst about thinking back on things and picturing what I could have done differently and replaying the events of things in my head. So when I walked in, my interviewer said "I am sorry I didn't even get a chance to look at where you are from". I answered the question but thinking back...does this mean they didn't even really look at my application before I walked in? Also, not one of the interviewers touched a pen to paper the entire time that I was in there. Does this sound bad? I just can't help but think that these people were so tired of hearing people by the time I got there that it may have hurt my chances. Another thing that tells you how tired they were... they introduced themselves telling me their names but didn't tell me who was the student or faculty or community member so I brought that to their attention.

Any comments would be welcome about this! At some point I will just have to let it be what it is....done!!

My interviewers did not tell me who was who(like the student and so on) however I knew who was the student, the professor, and the community pharmacist. I would not think too much about the interview because like you said it is done. I am sure you did well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting ready to fly out from Southern California this Friday, and I am so excited! I hope to get the whole OU experience while I am down there. Hope to see whomever ends up at the interview.

I am getting ready to fly out from Southern California this Friday, and I am so excited! I hope to get the whole OU experience while I am down there. Hope to see whomever ends up at the interview.

The weather is looking great for Saturday. Nice day for an interview! Good luck!

Good luck on Saturday!! The students and faculty are so kind and are so full of information! You will have a great time!

OH! To Downonthepharm: Thank you so much...that makes sense! I feel so much better thinking of it that way!

So how did the interviews go yesterday?

I was expecting to be nervous, however from the very beginning of the interview day everything was so laid back. The p1s were definetly very informative as well as genuinely concerned about the well being of our status. I was well blown away by the professioanlism of the school, faculty and staff. All in all coming from california to interview, I felt like this was going to be a unique experience and it was most definetly a worth coming out to Oklahoma for the interview.

Are there any p1s that were at the interview that are on here?
Cycloketocaine were you present at the interviews yesterday?

Oklahoma is my #1 choice out of the few schools I applied to, and I really hope to get in

I hope we all get in!!!

Thankfully, we should find out by the end of this month. :D

I didn't go yesterday.....I had a site visit on Friday and Saturday.

Good luck to all!!!! :hardy:

I was totally impressed with OU. The current students and faculty were so uplifting and encouraging. Even the faculty member that interviewed me met me at the door and then walked me back to the door afterwards. It was little touches like that made me feel comfortable and like they wanted us to be as impressed with them as we wanted them to be impressed with us. I was ridiculously happy to be there and I still feel awesome about the whole experience.

were you @ the march 1st interview??? if so what group did they have you in I was in c5

I am getting so tired of waiting. I want to know now!!!! I know I sound that a brat but the waiting is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting anxious too. I'm hoping we'll know by the end of next week!

I would like to know as well!!!!!!!!! I check my email all the time now!

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one! It's so hard to stay focused...I just want to know!!!

Pharm dude,
I was in C2. Wow, C5, that must have been hard waiting for the interview.
What a rush though huh?! I am finally back down to earth and the anticipation of waiting is painful for me to.
What did you think of it all?

Dude, I went back and read the end of the thread. You already said what you thought of it all :):)
I’m having trouble concentrating on anything else. This isn’t so great since I want to get great grades this semester. :D

Is this a NEW major ? Organismic ?

Hey! I just wanted to start a thread for those applying to OU!:) I know it will be a while before we hear anything from them. If anyone is interested my stats are:

Overall GPA: 3.90
Science GPA: 3.86
PCAT: 75( I was SO HAPPY with this!) I know its not amazing but to me it was!

I will have a B.S. in Organismic Biology as well!

My work experience includes:

Three years Pharm Tech experience
Over 200 hours volunteer work at Indian Clinic Pharmacy
And volunteer work at a Free clinic offered by the Health Department as a pharm tech! I am also an Indian Health Scholarship receipient (not sure if that helps in the admissions process?) Not sure on chances of getting in but I feel ok about it!

Best wishes for all applying!

I would have to say I agree with everyone. The students and faculty were extremely helpful, welcoming, and full of information. I had a wonderful time there and hope we all get in. Was anyone in the C3 group?

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one going crazy with anticipation here...:eek:. The waiting part for me is definitely the toughest part. Everyone was so nice in the interviews and you practically fall in love with the school :love:, then you get home and there is nothing to do but wait.... I hope we hear soon!!!

It is not a new degree from my university. They offer a B.S. in Cellular Bio and BS in Organismic Bio. They are basically they same.

I completely agree! That would put me in!!! I am saddened by the lowering of the number accepted this year. It makes me nervous.:eek:

You still posting on here man? Let me know if your around gotta keep in touch with you hah. Coincidence is funny in life, but running into you at an airport is really funny.

Oh mylanta!!!!

I got in. Just got the email from Jennifer. I am so excited.

Oh my word!! I GOT IN TOO!!! OU TULSA!! :hardy:

Tulsa here as well

Congratulations I will see you there in the Fall

I got in too!! OKC campus..... wow that was quick (was at the March 1st interview) =)

I got in OUCOP OKC YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got in also OU tulsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay no more waiting!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!! For everyone!!!!

You guys are so lucky that you heard back so soon!!! Anyway, I hope I helped some of you guys at interview, and I will see you all in August!!!

I'll still be hangin around here if you have any more questions! Enjoy your summer, and don't work too hard! You'll get plenty of that in the fall!!!

Congratulations again!

Yay!!!!!!!!!! For everyone!!!!

You guys are so lucky that you heard back so soon!!! Anyway, I hope I helped some of you guys at interview, and I will see you all in August!!!

I'll still be hangin around here if you have any more questions! Enjoy your summer, and don't work too hard! You'll get plenty of that in the fall!!!

Congratulations again!
Megan

You were very helpful in preparing for the interview!! I am too excited now to do any work! I have tons of homework to be doing but just can't right now because I am too excited to focus!!:love::D

I DID IT!!!!! I am so excited! I look forward to meeting all of you! :D:clap:

OH...I forgot, I will be at the Okc Campus

OU TULSA for the PHARM DUDE!!

yes sirree gotta make my move on over to the midwest.

LOL ...I still wanna see if its possible to get OKC, but hey I'm not gonna complain :D

You were very helpful in preparing for the interview!! I am too excited now to do any work! I have tons of homework to be doing but just can't right now because I am too excited to focus!!:love::D

Hah i know what you mean, I have a 3 tests this wk, but since hearing the good news, not in the mood to study! :hardy:

OU Tulsa! Is there any advice of places to live or places to avoid living at?

I would also just like to take the time to say thank you to all the current students who were at the interviews helping out. Your hospitality was greatly appreciated.

I would also just like to take the time to say thank you to all the current students who were at the interviews helping out. Your hospitality was greatly appreciated.

I DEFINITELY agree! The students at OUCOP are absolutely amazing! I am so grateful to be joining you all and hope I too can be as helpful to the future students!

i agree with all of their comments about the OU students not only on here, but the ones at the interview too. The help I recieved was unbelievable and It helped me keep my composure the whole day.

THANK YOU!!!

PharmDude

lwang81
Brookside is a great place to live so is the 21st street area and 15th and harvard . I grew up in Tulsa and those areas are all super close to the tulsa campus. Let me know if you need any other ideas I would be very happy to help! Where are you coming from? Also be careful of further north around 11th street and further around lewis it can be a bit scary

Im out....rejection letter today. I thought I did so well. It felt so right. Saying Im heart broken and confused is an understatement.

lwang81
Brookside is a great place to live so is the 21st street area and 15th and harvard . I grew up in Tulsa and those areas are all super close to the tulsa campus. Let me know if you need any other ideas I would be very happy to help! Where are you coming from? Also be careful of further north around 11th street and further around lewis it can be a bit scary

Thanks for the info! I will definitely keep that in mind when searching for places to live. I'm coming from Los Angeles so I have no idea how the Tulsa area is. All the visiting I did was in Oklahoma City. I'm sure we'll see each other in the Fall, congratulations my fellow classmate.

I see you got in too PharmDude, group C5. I thought you would be on my flight back? I got the earlier flight to Denver, but I went back on the same flight to LAX.

Hi everyone... I am new to this but have been reading the posts for a few days now. I have been accepted to the OKC campus:D But now I am freaking out because I am moving from out of state and have only been to OKC once. Does anyone have any advice on areas to live in or not to live in? Any info is greatly appreciated.

yesirre if I am right you were the fellow from UCLA on the March 1st date from Canyon Country. Yea, I waited the whole day at the airport, because my hotel wouldn't hold my luggage. Also, I got accepted to the Tulsa campus. Send me an email from here with any information like your AIM or MSN, perhaps we can meetup and get some coffee and talk.

Later

PharmDude

Hi everyone... I am new to this but have been reading the posts for a few days now. I have been accepted to the OKC campus:D But now I am freaking out because I am moving from out of state and have only been to OKC once. Does anyone have any advice on areas to live in or not to live in? Any info is greatly appreciated.
I must admit that I might not be the best advice because I am extremely afraid of going into the NE side of OKC when it is dark out. I really reccommend living in the NW OKC, Del City, or Midwest City. It would be a longer commute (I can get near the school from my house ~15 miles away in NW OKC in around 30 minutes during our "rush hour"). If you are interested in living in NW OKC, then I could probably help you figure out which apartments aren't as bad as the others.

Im out....rejection letter today. I thought I did so well. It felt so right. Saying Im heart broken and confused is an understatement.

I am so sorry to hear this. All I can say is perseverance pays off. This is the only school I have ever wanted to go to and I didn't give up when they told me no the first time. If this is really what you want you can definitely get it. So sorry to hear about the disappointment.

I must admit that I might not be the best advice because I am extremely afraid of going into the NE side of OKC when it is dark out. I really reccommend living in the NW OKC, Del City, or Midwest City. It would be a longer commute (I can get near the school from my house ~15 miles away in NW OKC in around 30 minutes during our "rush hour"). If you are interested in living in NW OKC, then I could probably help you figure out which apartments aren't as bad as the others.

Thanks... I've got an apartment guide but it's so thick and you can't really tell what's ghetto:cool: and what's not. Are there any apartments you would recommend? I was a little scared when I ventured out past the OKC campus downtown.

OU Tulsa! Is there any advice of places to live or places to avoid living at?

My advice would be to live south of about 41st. I actually live in Broken Arrow, which is only 10 minutes from school, and is really nice and safe. My friend lives in The Vintage at Yale (81st and Yale), and they're expensive, but nice. There are some really nice places to live down here, but I would stay out of downtown and the north (and probably east) sides.