University of Oklahoma Fall 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cyclo, maybe you could shed some light on this. When I look at the bursar's website under the schedule of tuition and fees, it sites around 5K a semester for instate students, and 7K for out of state students. So I was planning around 14K a year in tuition for myself since I am going to be out of state. However, people who have been receiving packages from the financial aid office are getting quotes of 32K a year for tuition for out of state students. Could that 32K be a combined cost for a year (tuition + living expenses)? I am just curious. I haven't received anything from the financial aid office yet and 32K seems really steep for tuition alone. Thanks.

Yeah, tuition ALONE is 7000 a semester, but they also require fees that amount to that amount that you pay each semester. This year, my in state tuition will equal probably 9500 a semester, and out of state tuition will probably be double that. It's the fees that make it so much.

Members don't see this ad.

on my awards packet the 32K was purely tuition. they also included 20K for living and then books and a computer, and the total was about 60K. hopefully cyclo will have better news about this!

Members don't see this ad :)
oops didnt see the next page when i responded. at least now we know where that number is coming from

This might be a stupid question, but does orientation take place just in OKC, or do the Tulsa people have their own in Tulsa? I know that the white coat ceremony takes place in Midwest City, but it would be kind of inconvenient for us Tulsa people to have to find somewhere to stay for 4 days for orientation in OKC. I am hoping that for Tulsa we have our own orientation there.

This might be a stupid question, but does orientation take place just in OKC, or do the Tulsa people have their own in Tulsa? I know that the white coat ceremony takes place in Midwest City, but it would be kind of inconvenient for us Tulsa people to have to find somewhere to stay for 4 days for orientation in OKC. I am hoping that for Tulsa we have our own orientation there.

Yes, Tulsa does get their own orienation and some common parts will be televised between both campuses. The white coat ceremony venue alternates every year. Last year, we OKC people had to go down to Tulsa, and this year, tulsa people get to do the traveling.

Thanks so much for the info! That seems fair that the ceremony switch venues each year.

Orientation is pretty much like classes are going to be.......watching someone on a flat screen.

It is not that bad looking at a camera. You get used to it but you need discipline to drag yourself to class each day especially if you know the instructor is on the other campus.
Never miss class! and OU is one of the best places to go for your pharmacy education. Get excited!

Oh, believe, me I'm excited! I've been excited since I got the acceptance!!!

does anyone know where is a good place to get furniture like a bed or couch?

does anyone know where is a good place to get furniture like a bed or couch?
In OKC the main ones are Mathis Brothers, Bob Mills, and Galleria. If you buy from Galleria, don't expect them to have it in stock--it took 2 weeks to 3 months for us to get our furniture from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
In OKC the main ones are Mathis Brothers, Bob Mills, and Galleria. If you buy from Galleria, don't expect them to have it in stock--it took 2 weeks to 3 months for us to get our furniture from them.

thanks for the info, do you know any places in tulsa? just trying to figure stuff out before i move there.

I will be moving to Tulsa, too. I wish I knew of good places there to shop for furniture. I am pretty much buying most of my furniture before I move. There is a super Target in Tulsa, though, and they have cool tables, bookshelves, and stuff like that. I was planning on shopping there once I get to Tulsa.

I will be moving to Tulsa, too. I wish I knew of good places there to shop for furniture. I am pretty much buying most of my furniture before I move. There is a super Target in Tulsa, though, and they have cool tables, bookshelves, and stuff like that. I was planning on shopping there once I get to Tulsa.

We have a Mathis Brothers and Rooms Today, and you can get "same day" furniture there. There is also a Furniture Row, where I ordered mine from. It took a month to get my couch in. Our SuperTarget really dosen't carry much in stock, so you will probably have to order it as well, and shipping at Target can get expensive.

thanks for the info, i will definitely check those places out. can't wait to start and meet everyone!

What the heck is a ResponseCard XR Clicker and where are we supposed to get one.

The orientation website and book list still do not have a link to purchase these and we are supposed to bring them to the first day of orientation.

Any thoughts?

I hate using those stupid clickers.

I am coming in for my first year at the OKC campus and have not sealed up a place to live yet. If anyone could throw out a few good places to look at, that would be extremely helpful. I am also open to moving in with current students who have an extra room available. So if anyone has any information at all that could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Caleb

Does anyone know who I would contact to ask about course equivalencies and things of that nature?

Any of them should be able to either help you or tell you who to contact. Crystal Duffey has always been helpful when I had a question.
Thanks!

For those who have had loans before, is the school pretty quick about disbursing the remainder loan money to you? My money is scheduled to be sent to the school on August 14th, and I set up direct deposit for the remainder, but I was just curious about how quickly the money would end up in my bank account. Thanks for any info!

For those who have had loans before, is the school pretty quick about disbursing the remainder loan money to you? My money is scheduled to be sent to the school on August 14th, and I set up direct deposit for the remainder, but I was just curious about how quickly the money would end up in my bank account. Thanks for any info!

Mine comes either that day or the next, depending on if your tuition is calculated. It happens pretty quick though.

Yeah, I guess it's supposed to come pretty quickly if you have completed all the entrance counseling prior to that day. Oops.

Yeah, I guess it's supposed to come pretty quickly if you have completed all the entrance counseling prior to that day. Oops.

Providing you've done your part, money disbursed from your lender today, and should be in your account on Tuesday.