University of Oklahoma Fall 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When are you considered an intern in Oklahoma? In Texas a student is considered an intern after their P1 year, is it the same for Oklahoma? I am considering transferring with my job there as a technician but just curious when I would be considered an intern. And what is the average pay for an intern?:rolleyes:

You will be considered an intern after school starts your P-1 year. The intern licensing paperwork will be filled out at orientation I believe (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). So you will be considered an intern from the time you receive that licensing. From what I have heard average pay is between 12 and 13 dollars an hour...just what I have heard though! Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Just passing time with this post. Not much to say, little to do. I hope this changes soon!

Thanks Pharm OU for the info:)

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be considered an intern after school starts your P-1 year. The intern licensing paperwork will be filled out at orientation I believe (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). So you will be considered an intern from the time you receive that licensing. From what I have heard average pay is between 12 and 13 dollars an hour...just what I have heard though! Hope this helps!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi everyone!! It looks like I will be attending the OKC campus!! :) By the way, does anyone know if a facebook page has been created for us yet?

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Did you just find out today??
I am so excited I can barely wait..I wish this semester would hurry up!

Good question PharmOU. I thought all letters went out on the 10-12th and the committee would meet in about 2 weeks?

No--I actually got my acceptance letter on March 10th but found out about SDN from a friend very recently and just joined yesterday! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!:thumbup:

Oh!! Well welcome to SDN!!!

Should we receive an e-mail or some sort of notification when/if our deposit check has been received. The last thing I want is for it not to show up for some reason and they assume I've declined.:eek:

my deposit check has not cleared but I know that they received it because I sent it certified mail and they had to sign for it!

If you send an email to the assistant director of pharmacy student affairs, they will tell you if they have received your deposit. I had the same worry so I sent an email!

If anyone out there is going to turn down OU please do it soon! It would be nice to know something before summer. If you got in and are going, CONGRATS!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one paranoid about my deposit! :)

I visited the Health Science Center last Thursday to turn in my immunizations record (whoohoo, all done!) and asked if they received my deposit. She took a second to think, remembered my name, and said yes. I hope her memory is right! haha

I think we just need to take deep breaths and celebrate our acceptance. I'm excited for the white coat ceremony!

Yay for the facebook group!!! Thanks for starting that!:D

The admissions committee was supposed to meet yesterday or today but still no word. I just keep checking my email and NOTHING!

The admissions committee was supposed to meet yesterday or today but still no word. I just keep checking my email and NOTHING!
Yep still waiting. If they did meet this week and have finalized their decisions I wish they would let us know. Something. Anything. The weekend is upon us. We have a few more days wait.

Well I checked my e-mail and it looks like I'm on the alternate list.

Well I checked my e-mail and it looks like I'm on the alternate list.

As am I. I wonder what the chances are of getting accepted from this list? Do a few people get pulled from this list every year? Or is it rare that anybody on this list gets in. There has to be some percentages somewhere but I can not seem to find them. Anybody have any experience with this. I'm not losing hope but damn if the candle hasn't grown dim this morning.

What is the dress code? I was reading the dress code policy on the website but I'm a little confused. Are jeans allowed????? I saw no sweat pants (I'm a little dissappointed by that but I'll get over it:p) It said business casual...is this every day or only on special event/lab days?

I think you can wear jeans but they cant have holes in them and have to be kind of like dressy jeans...haha.

What is the dress code? I was reading the dress code policy on the website but I'm a little confused. Are jeans allowed????? I saw no sweat pants (I'm a little dissappointed by that but I'll get over it:p) It said business casual...is this every day or only on special event/lab days?

What RxBritt said about "dressy" jeans is correct (no holes or major 'whiskers'). As far as I know, the dress code is for every day even if it is just a class day.

What RxBritt said about "dressy" jeans is correct (no holes or major 'whiskers'). As far as I know, the dress code is for every day even if it is just a class day.

They revised the dress code the week after spring break. You can wear pretty much any kind of shirt, including t shirts. You can wear jeans with no holes, and you can wear any kind of shoe except for rubber sole flip flops.

sounds like a great excuse to go shopping!!!!

I just received an Oklahoma city relocation guide from OUHSC yesterday in the mail, but other than that and the P1 update email from Jennifer Richardson a while ago, has anyone received anything else from OU in the mail or via e-mail??

So what exactly is the tenative schedule like?? Just curious! thanks

Hey, everyone! I just found this forum and I will be attending the Tulsa campus this fall! Congrats to everyone else who got in!

--Lindsey

where can we find the tentative schedule? i think im looking in the wrong place... but i definitely would love to know what times we will have class and what not! thanks for being so helpful!
congrats to all!!

where can we find the tentative schedule? i think im looking in the wrong place... but i definitely would love to know what times we will have class and what not! thanks for being so helpful!
congrats to all!!

Has any one received an email from Jennifer stating she has received your spring transcripts?

Mine should have been there last week. I want to verify that she received it but she said not to email her about it.

Just worrying (probably unnecessarily)

I was also worrying about that. Mine too should have gotten there last week and I haven't heard anything.

Well I am glad it is not only me.

Possibly she is going to send a mass email to the ones that she has received transcripts from.

Well I am glad it is not only me.

Possibly she is going to send a mass email to the ones that she has received transcripts from.

I think you should probably just email her if you want to make sure. I don't think that they would mass email something like that.

Are they supposed to let us know when they receive our vaccination stuff? Cause I also sent that earlier this month so it should have gotten there.

I still haven't heard anything about my transcript but they've probably only had it for a few days now.

As far as vaccinations go, I dropped mine off last Thursday and the receptionist told me that I would be contacted if anything was missing. So I guess for vaccines, no news is good news.

As far as vaccines go, you're right, they don't contact you unless something is wrong.

Well that's good to hear about the vaccines. I wrote to Jennifer today about my transcript. She said that they are in the process of switching offices, so she didn't have it right in front of her. That probably explains the delay in hearing whether or not she has received it.

Thanks Lindsey, Cyclo, and Senator

Cyclo,

What kind of supplies would you suggest we purchase for our first semester?

Also, should we do any type of studying to prepare during the summer?

Thanks Lindsey, Cyclo, and Senator

Cyclo,

What kind of supplies would you suggest we purchase for our first semester?

Also, should we do any type of studying to prepare during the summer?

For now, I would wait until school to buy paper/notebooks/binders. They provide comprehensive syllabi that are several hundred pages long, and I would wait until then to buy binders and things like that. I would definately suggest investing in a day planner, it'll help keep you organized and on your deadlines.

As far as studying goes, enjoy your summer. They are going to slam you come August. Take a break and get rested.

For now, I would wait until school to buy paper/notebooks/binders. They provide comprehensive syllabi that are several hundred pages long, and I would wait until then to buy binders and things like that. I would definately suggest investing in a day planner, it'll help keep you organized and on your deadlines.

As far as studying goes, enjoy your summer. They are going to slam you come August. Take a break and get rested.

Thank you!

Great Advice.

Wow, syllabi that are several hundred pages long. :eek:

Thank you!

Great Advice.

Wow, syllabi that are several hundred pages long. :eek:

yeah, and they are much more useful than the books. Only book I actually used was the pharmacy math book.

For the anatomy & physiology requirement, do you need to take the lab? Every other science class says if it requires a lab, but those don't.

I took the physiology requirement online, and it didn't include a lab. So I'm pretty sure the lab isn't required. I took an anatomy lab, though, because my school required it if you took the lecture. But I am fairly certain neither of the labs are required.

So I have been trying to figure out where I want to live, aka where I think it will be best to put down a deposit and get on a waiting list. If anyone has heard of these places, knows anything about them, or anyone that has lived at them let me know!! Here are my main choices I'm looking at, and I have already gone through all the amenities/prices/location, but it is still a tough decision!

The Vintage on Yale (81st and Yale)
Riverside Park Apartments (about 71st and Riverside)
Renaissance Uptown (Denver, downtown)
Crown Woods (91st and Riverside)
Lincoln Park Apartments (off Riverside, north)

Thanks guys!
PS If anyone understands the whole waiting list thing... let me know! I am confused about how it works, since they do not know what will be open until about 30 days before anyways. Thank you!

So I have been trying to figure out where I want to live, aka where I think it will be best to put down a deposit and get on a waiting list. If anyone has heard of these places, knows anything about them, or anyone that has lived at them let me know!! Here are my main choices I'm looking at, and I have already gone through all the amenities/prices/location, but it is still a tough decision!

Thanks guys!
PS If anyone understands the whole waiting list thing... let me know! I am confused about how it works, since they do not know what will be open until about 30 days before anyways. Thank you!

I would not choose Renaissance. The apartments looked nice when they were built but look to be going downhill fast. The area is not the best. It is on the outskirts of downtown, i.e. large homeless population.

I am not familiar with Crown Woods. But if I had my choice of the above listed I would choose The Vintage on Yale. Not only will it be very close to the campus but the apartments are beautiful and in a great location. Very well kept.

Thanks guys!

The Vintage on Yale

Cyclo, maybe you could shed some light on this. When I look at the bursar's website under the schedule of tuition and fees, it sites around 5K a semester for instate students, and 7K for out of state students. So I was planning around 14K a year in tuition for myself since I am going to be out of state. However, people who have been receiving packages from the financial aid office are getting quotes of 32K a year for tuition for out of state students. Could that 32K be a combined cost for a year (tuition + living expenses)? I am just curious. I haven't received anything from the financial aid office yet and 32K seems really steep for tuition alone. Thanks.