University of Oklahoma -- all peeps -- part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm back on SDN!!! whoot whoot!

done with usmle step 1.
u guys ready for ward years?

to the incoming students, congrats. Be ready for a life changing experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you happen to see the old hospital in Crescent City? It used to be right at the north end of the harbor, and had a fantastic view of the ocean. Sutter Coast built a new one, though.

My parents retired to Brookings, which is 8 miles north of the California border and about a 20 minute drive to Crescent City. Mom and Dad both loved it up there - they lived in a small private section that was actually within the borders of Samuel Boardman State Park and had a fantastic view of the ocean from about 800 feet up. Dad always kept a telescope on the deck to watch the whales go by.

The bad thing that you don't notice from the coast highway is that both logging and fishing in that region have been decimated. If it weren't for retirees and tourists, that whole section of coast would have died. If you take some of the interior roads in Curry County, you'll see families living in bombed-out school buses - it's as bad, or worse, than anything I've ever seen in the South. There is some major league poverty around there and very few jobs... if you want to practice as a doc, be prepared to be paid in chickens!!

When we drove down, my wife, whose father/sperm donor left the picture right after she was born, thought that Brookings sounded familiar as the home of her sort-of grandma, as much of one can be that you've never met. We stopped into a bar, because everybody there knows your name, right in the middle of the afternoon to use the phonebook/network; only regulars there then. All we had was a first name, and they knew her.... She had moved to Idaho, and my wife has since gone to meet that entire side of her family, it was like some Oprah ****...

Poverty, cow smell, trailer life, rusty cars...sounds a lot like here, only without receiving testimony all the time and sweating your balls off all summer...like a leftist Oklahoma, only with an ocean...mmmm, heaven...

Hey, at least you wouldn't have to fill out much insurance paperwork.

Members don't see this ad :)
tulsa peeps start July 5th, can't wait!
:hardy:

Wow, that's soon! I hope you all are living up your last few days of real freedom. You're going to have to keep us posted about how you like the Tulsa rotations because it seems like all the other people are going to be in OKC. :D

Poverty, cow smell, trailer life, rusty cars...sounds a lot like here, only without receiving testimony all the time and sweating your balls off all summer...like a leftist Oklahoma, only with an ocean...mmmm, heaven...

Hey, at least you wouldn't have to fill out much insurance paperwork.
LOL! That's a great story, Freeze. Actually, I spent some time in that Lumberjack bar that's on 101 in downtown Brookings (minding my manners, lemme tell ya) and lots of other places in Brookings. What's amazing is that a lot of Okies who migrated to California during the dust bowl (and I'm in that group - my dad was oilfield trash who migrated all over Creek and Osage counties as a tiny kid in the 1920s - now all my family is in L.A.) wound up going up the coast when they weren't welcome in California. I don't know how many times I was asked "do you know so-and-so in Muskogee or wherever...". There are TONS of people with Oklahoma roots on the Oregon South Coast. Maybe that's why it often feels familiar, except for the incredible scenery!! (If you were raised in a double-wide, don't tell 'em, 'cause they'll think you're snobbish.)

And the people in the country there aren't leftist, so it's more like just a greener Oklahoma. Maybe that's why it reminds me of Arkansas. :) All the liberals in Oregon seem to live in the Portland area and maybe in Eugene. Since the vast majority of the Oregon population is concentrated around Portland, Oregon looks really liberal when you look at election results.

I think the same is true with Washington. Spokane seemed like a very republican town.

Hey, Freeze, didn't you mention something a few posts back about your mom having a rush MRI to r/o a PE? How's she doing? Your mom is such a neat lady - I like her a lot. :love:

I think it was more like we don't know where to start, so here, have a CT. So I had to break out my mad EBM skillz about CT effectively missing pretty much all but a monster embolus, and grilled her about whether they did V/Q scan, etc. There is prolly nothing more dangerous than the amount of knowledge we have right now, and our relative inability to apply it. Ok, maybe just my inability to apply it...She thinks she might have dysautonomia of some sort, which sounds like something I also should know a great deal about. But she has these kinda diffuse symptoms and near syncope every once in awhile. I think it's cuz she works entirely too hard, but that's just me...

I think it's cuz she works entirely too hard, but that's just me...
She does work too hard. And I have to go see her - she'll probably laugh at me. When I went to Dallas over Memorial Day, my sister was going to be gone, too, so Ms. Jesse went to the most posh vet in OKC. Your mom's clinic is exactly what a good vet clinic should be like - good equipment, sparkly clean, but not elaborate and expensively over-decorated. Anyhoo... I knew the hospital where your mom practices has very limited boarding space so I took her to the "resort". Jess got all her vaccinations caught-up - at 4x what your mom would have charged me - and the only thing I asked them to do was to make sure her toenails were cut. They told me not to worry, that was "standard."

I got Jess back - they apparently hadn't traumatized her - but guess who has toenails long enough to do four colors of polish? They never touched 'em, and it was obvious on Memorial Day afternoon that they didn't have the staff to fix it. But, it's about time for Jess to have her annual knock-her-on-her-butt-and-clean-her-teeth session, and I want your mom to do that and she does very nifty toenails, too!!

Seriously, I'm glad she's stable and I hope things continue to improve. Anybody who Jesse likes on sight is OK in my book.

She doesn't advertise the fact unless someone asks, but she has a lot more space than meets the eye; her clinic is actually a satellite of a larger hospital here in the M-Dub-C. However, she gets a lot of her business, other than those that have been clients long enough to remember me starting 4th grade, because she is the organic whole foods shop to their big-box walmart style, even though the money all ends up in one big pool, AFAIK...but she does her surg and rads there.

tulsa peeps start July 5th, can't wait!
:hardy:

OKC has orientation on July 6 and officially starts on July 9th. I'm slightly less enthusiastic than Siam, but that was probably my fault for starting with Internal Med & Surgery... seemed like a great idea at the time, now I'm pissing my pants :eek: But, I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow, so that should be lots of fun. I'll have a few days to clean my house when I come back, and BAM-- right in the thick of third year, never to see the light of day for about 12 months. But 4th year's supposed to be fun, right? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
OKC has orientation on July 6 and officially starts on July 9th. I'm slightly less enthusiastic than Siam, but that was probably my fault for starting with Internal Med & Surgery... seemed like a great idea at the time, now I'm pissing my pants :eek: But, I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow, so that should be lots of fun. I'll have a few days to clean my house when I come back, and BAM-- right in the thick of third year, never to see the light of day for about 12 months. But 4th year's supposed to be fun, right? :D
Congrats on getting Step I done!!! I'm looking forward to your wise advice about 3rd year - you've kept me out of trouble more than once... :laugh:

Man...that's a tough line up, but hey, the rest of the year will be cake for you :thumbup:

yea...we officially start July 9th, after orientation.

41/150s are going to TULSA this year. Biggest OU-TULSA class in the history of the school.

Wow, that's soon! I hope you all are living up your last few days of real freedom. You're going to have to keep us posted about how you like the Tulsa rotations because it seems like all the other people are going to be in OKC. :D

sure, will keep you guys updated on TULSA.

I have an odd request, but here goes. I'm in charge of getting people to respond to the 31 question's thread in the mentor forum and am looking for current students at all of the med schools of the US. So, I realize this is the class thread for the incoming class, but perhaps someone from previous classes has been helpful in answering your questions and giving you advice in this thread. I have no time to read through every single class thread to get this info, but if you could post some user names of some such people (or pm them to me, including what school you are from), I can pm them with my request. Thanks!

edit: I know quite of few of you that frequent this thread are current students. Please pm me if your willing to post in the 31 questions thread! We can keep things anonymous for you if you prefer. We'd really like your help!

Hey, 2011ers and prospective 2012'ers. The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine has been the most active thread in the Allopathic Class section for the last two years running - 2009 started and 2010 kept up the tradition in fine fashion. Now, it's regularly going to page 2 and Doc Bagel had to bump it to keep it from disappearing.

What's with you guys??? :laugh:

Hey, 2011ers and prospective 2012'ers. The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine has been the most active thread in the Allopathic Class section for the last two years running - 2009 started and 2010 kept up the tradition in fine fashion. Now, it's regularly going to page 2 and Doc Bagel had to bump it to keep it from disappearing.

What's with you guys??? :laugh:

Personally, I'm busy working, but all the 10'ers have disappeared it seems. I guess med school will dothat to you.

I'm with soonereng. I've been working like mad. Not to mention that today is moving day.:clap:

It should be a fun trip with all of the flooding going on. Oh well.

Personally, I'm busy working, but all the 10'ers have disappeared it seems. I guess med school will dothat to you.

School makes me post more -- sdn's a good study break! And while I don't think I have ADHD, my attention span is not so hot. ;)

On a positive class note, I think our new president is doing a good job, so maybe student government doesn't have to be so bad.

I'm hoping everyone taking remediation exams today rocked them! :luck:

I just got signed up for the July 18 CPR class, anyone else with me?

If so, just look around for the 6'5" guy who has no clue what he's doing, that will be me. :D

Well, DocBagel, I'm back to doing what both of us were doing last summer - sitting at a desk working, waiting for school to start. On the one hand, it's nice to have a break from studying and to have my evenings free - but, on the other hand, I have discovered that being a CPA is no longer something I can pretend to be particularly interested in. I also found out that the databases that I used for research for years and the SQL query language needed to access the data has completely gone from my head - I must have purged it to make room for anatomy. They kept me at my old pay rate, which made the offer to work here for the summer irresistable, but they're sure not getting my old skill level. Yet. Had I not used my credit cards to pay for the little luxuries that make life bearable that student loans don't cover, I wouldn't have to be here!!!

I didn't know today was exam day (note to lurking paranoid spies: a) I really *didn't* know, and b) I have no clue who's there and don't want to know). I hope everyone who had to do that did very, very well.

Well, DocBagel, I'm back to doing what both of us were doing last summer - sitting at a desk working, waiting for school to start. On the one hand, it's nice to have a break from studying and to have my evenings free - but, on the other hand, I have discovered that being a CPA is no longer something I can pretend to be particularly interested in. I also found out that the databases that I used for research for years and the SQL query language needed to access the data has completely gone from my head - I must have purged it to make room for anatomy. They kept me at my old pay rate, which made the offer to work here for the summer irresistable, but they're sure not getting my old skill level. Yet. Had I not used my credit cards to pay for the little luxuries that make life bearable that student loans don't cover, I wouldn't have to be here!!!

I didn't know today was exam day (note to lurking paranoid spies: a) I really *didn't* know, and b) I have no clue who's there and don't want to know). I hope everyone who had to do that did very, very well.

Yes, we do not have a secret SDN list of exam retakers. We promise. ;) Considering how little gossip I know about anything, I'd be a horrible source anyway.

So I can see why you're popping in more. Work = boring. I didn't have the opportunity to go back to what I was doing and figured I didn't have any direct skills where I could demand anything beyond like $9/hour, so eh, it's not worth it. :) It would be interesting to see how much I had forgotten if I did go back.

So for the achieving types (you know, gunners without the malice) and I guess the gunners, here are the quartile breakdowns for our class at the end of the first year. The good news is that the first quartile went below 4.0. Based on rumors, I'd had the impression that 4.0 students would sink into the second quartile. The good/bad news is that the grades are overall quite high -- I'm surprised that a 3.0 would place one in the bottom quartile. :eek:

first quartile -- 3.85 to 4.0
second quartile -- 3.46 to 3.84
third quartile -- 3.01 to 3.45
fourth quartile -- 2.07 to 3.00

For incoming students, the school is pretty silent about the importance of basic science grades, but 4th year students and residents generally say they don't mean that much. SDN has conflicting info but generally supports the notion that board scores, etc. are more important. As you can see, if you want a higher ranking for whatever reason sensible or no, you pretty much need to shoot for As.

first quartile -- 3.85 to 4.0
second quartile -- 3.46 to 3.84
third quartile -- 3.01 to 3.45
fourth quartile -- 2.07 to 3.00

I've only made 1 B in my life (but I'm no gunner), but it's going to take some getting used to making less than an A (and heaven forbid a C). A whole new mindset.

I've only made 1 B in my life (but I'm no gunner), but it's going to take some getting used to making less than an A (and heaven forbid a C). A whole new mindset.

As you can see, though, the grades here are HIGH. I don't know if it's going to stay that way, but making 3 Bs might place you in the bottom half of the class, which is crazy.

Just got back from Omaha, Nebraska last night. Ordinarily I wouldn't condone riding in a car for 8 hours through portions of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska, but in this case there was a Roger Waters concert on the other end.

Wow... amazing show! If anyone has the chance or desire to see him it is well worth it.

Now I really feel like my summer is winding down. I've got 3 days of visiting in-laws and then it's orientation and rotations. What a short summer!

Anyway... Here are the breakdowns for our class for years one and two.

Year 1:

First Quartile: 3.86 - 4.00
Second Quartile: 3.41 - 3.85
Third Quartile: 3.17 - 3.40
Fourth Quartile: 2.23 - 3.16

Year 2:

First Quartile: 3.72 - 4.00
Second Quartile: 3.34 - 3.71
Third Quartile: 3.00 - 3.33
Fourth Quartile: 2.13 - 2.99

Jeez... talk about grade inflation.

I was implying that I might be in the bottom 1/2 of the class...:oops:

You won't unless you make that choice, and that's a perfectly OK choice to make, especially with newborn twins and a wife. :luck:

Goodness the 2009 breakdowns are really scary. 3.16 would place you in the bottom quartile -- that is just insane.

You won't unless you make that choice, and that's a perfectly OK choice to make, especially with newborn twins and a wife. :luck:

Yeah, that's kind of where I am coming from. I already promised my wife that I wouldn't choose an A over her and the kids. Not that I'm not going to be shooting for all As or anything, that's just my personality.

So from what I've read, Step 1, LORs, and rotations trump the 1st two years of grades anyway. So I'm setting my sights on Step 1 from day 1 rather than grades. If the grades follow, then great.

Hey guys
Hope all is well.

So, I'm in the market for a new computer, and having always had PC's, have been thinking about a Mac. I know absolutely nothing about them, but am sick of the constant Windows issues (crashing, crashing, ...) and have heard pretty good things about the macs.

I want something the PC equivalent of 1g RAM, 100 gig HD or so, DVD writer, etc.

I'm looking for something small size-wize (maybe ~12" screen or so), light, portable. Also want something pretty fast w/ a bunch of memory.

Also, any experience how easy the transition will be as far as moving all my PC stuff (pics, music, etc.) over the mac?
I have a 250 gig external that might help, but I'm not sure how compatibility issues work between the two systems as far as USB'ing the drive to both computers to transfer files?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Also, where would I go to purchase a Mac around the Edmond area?
Thanks!

I want something the PC equivalent of 1g RAM, 100 gig HD or so, DVD writer, etc.

I'm looking for something small size-wize (maybe ~12" screen or so), light, portable. Also want something pretty fast w/ a bunch of memory.

Also, any experience how easy the transition will be as far as moving all my PC stuff (pics, music, etc.) over the mac?
I have a 250 gig external that might help, but I'm not sure how compatibility issues work between the two systems as far as USB'ing the drive to both computers to transfer files?

Also, where would I go to purchase a Mac around the Edmond area?

If you want small, then probably go with the MacBook. They come with a 13" screen. You can get one with 1Gb RAM 2GHz processor and 120Gb HD for $1200 off Apple's website. I also think that being an OU student you can get a discount if you go through the website.

The only apple store that I know of in the OKC area is at Penn Square mall. Of course you can always order through apple.com

I like my macbook but can't answer any detailed questions about it. I care mainly about size and battery life, and it fits both of those for me.

Ditto on the apple store in Penn Square as the place to look in person. They're pretty talkative there and should answer your questions. I've ordered both my Macs at amazon -- they have competitive pricing, and it's a good deal if you have an amazon credit card.

Ah, soonereng, I predict good grades in your future. Seriously, I don't want to live or die by an "A" or a "B", either, but I think it takes some practice to know when you're obssessing. If someone could have taught me how to study for less than "A" with an absolute guarantee that I'd pass, I would have given it some serious consideration. What happened, though, was that I would do the best that I could to master the material - and if I got an "A", dandy. One problem you will have is that you can no longer predict an exam once you've taken the first exam in a course - each exam (in Biochem, at least) will have 5-7 instructors with their own question styles - so you will never know quite what to expect. I was much more worried about not passing. Perhaps that's why my mod nick-named me "Chicken Little." I will admit - I am insufferable from about a week before exams until exams are over - best just to avoid me. :laugh:

New topic: zoology! I was fascinated last night. I let Jesse, my German Shepherd, out last night - and all I saw was one big streak of fur. Turns out, by the time I got some lights on in the back yard, that there was a possum that she saw and I didn't. But, it looked quite dead to me - and I thought, "great - it fell out of the tree and now I have to get it into a plastic bag with a shovel." Not so! Jess quickly bored with the "dead" possum, but she wouldn't come in with such an interesting carcass in the back yard. Finally, it woke up and walked a few feet - Jess came flying after it and it promptly passed-out. I finally got Jess dragged inside - and, about an hour later, the possum was gone.

I did some reading on the internet - "playing possum" is a real phenomenon! Turns out the response is involuntary - the poor little suckers pass out when severely frightened - and their breathing is so shallow that they do indeed look quite dead - which bores the attacking German Shepherd. Remarkably effective defense mechanism.

I'm glad I didn't bag the little sucker up and put him in the garbage - the article on the web that I read said that being "assumed dead" is almost as lethal as automobile accidents to possums.

Fascinating. Here in Oklahoma City with my two 60-year-old oak trees, I have a little nature preserve in my backyard - I've actually learned a lot.

Yeah, that's kind of where I am coming from. I already promised my wife that I wouldn't choose an A over her and the kids. Not that I'm not going to be shooting for all As or anything, that's just my personality.

So from what I've read, Step 1, LORs, and rotations trump the 1st two years of grades anyway. So I'm setting my sights on Step 1 from day 1 rather than grades. If the grades follow, then great.

I told my wife something similar at the outset; I'm not so sure now. I wonder what the "choosing him for your residency is really scraping the bottom of the barrel" dean's letter sounds like...

The biggest adjustment/resignation I've made is that I'm not as smart as I thought I was. Or at least in the manner in which it is measured here. I must fake it pretty well, cuz people still ask me stuff, but maybe it's out of sympathy. But it doesn't really break my heart too much, a lot of these folks have no life whatsoever.

But on one hand, it's a blessing in disguise; I don't have to worry about the summer suck-up **** people pretend like they are interested in to bolster their "CV" :rolleyes: because it ain't gonna mask anything. It's like painting something before you sand it...

But on one hand, it's a blessing in disguise; I don't have to worry about the summer suck-up **** people pretend like they are interested in to bolster their "CV" :rolleyes: because it ain't gonna mask anything. It's like painting something before you sand it...
Well, what I wanna know is, who's bankrolling these kids' lifestyles? I keep reading on Facebook about how they're slaving away at their research assignments for the summer (just 3 or 4 weeks, apparently) in New York or Boston - and then they're so tired they have to spend the rest of July backpacking across Europe - or Brazil.

Jeez, I must have done something wrong since I had to go back to work. But, I guess, life as a grown-up blows - I have a mortgage, rent on the OKC house that I don't want to lose, and no financial support for June/July. My poor little savings account is already bruised by the extras I had to pay for. Heck, I was just pleased that my mom opened the coffers to the family fortune to send me to Palm Springs over Spring Break. I think I was so burned-out and weird by that point that she just didn't want me in Tulsa for the whole week!!

Speaking of animals, our back yard got invaded by a family of skunks a few days ago. We had 5 little guys who moved in under a tree. Then their mom came and found them and led them all out our back fence, which we kindly opened for them because they seemed to have some trouble figuring out exactly how they got in the yard. I'm guessing they live somewhere in our neighborhood and got flooded out but who knows. They were super cute, but I got a little worried that they spray something and the smell would permeate our place. I hope they're OK wherever they are.

Oh yeah, cool skunk tidbit -- they let you know before they spray you. They hiss and growl and stamp their front feet at you. Because of this warning, humans supposedly never get sprayed, but dogs get sprayed constantly. :)

You guys are reminding me why I don't have a facebook account. It sounds like it would just make me feel all the cr@ppier for spending the summer here in exciting OKC.

Possums are such a low-key slothy animal, but they'll scare the **** outta ya if they hiss at you and you didn't know they were there. My dad was cleaning up a carb in my parent's garage one night and those little bastards have the tiniest springs in 'em. Well one rolls of the bench, bounces off his foot under the bench. After a few choice "big-people words" he found a flashlight to go searching for said spring amidst the fiddleback farm under there. He bent down, played a little light into the depths, and satan's pet possum, with his little beady eyes and huge pale face, HISSES right in his face. He screamed like a little bitch, which is what caused us to go investigate, and promptly stood straight up, despite being part way under the bench. When we got out there he was holding his head and making gestures as if something that would make the Croc Hunter **** his pants was under there. When he could finally speak in complete sentences, we came to realization that it was in fact not a badger or some other manner of terrible creature, but a little possum. Of course this prompted much laughter...

Something similar happened to my wife when one was perched on the gate when she went to take a bag of trash out to the can. Only she didn't knock herself unconscious. No, I don't always take the trash out.

Speaking of funny defense mechanisms, look up feinting goats, now that's some funny ****

Well, what I wanna know is, who's bankrolling these kids' lifestyles? I keep reading on Facebook about how they're slaving away at their research assignments for the summer (just 3 or 4 weeks, apparently) in New York or Boston - and then they're so tired they have to spend the rest of July backpacking across Europe - or Brazil.

Jeez, I must have done something wrong since I had to go back to work. But, I guess, life as a grown-up blows - I have a mortgage, rent on the OKC house that I don't want to lose, and no financial support for June/July. My poor little savings account is already bruised by the extras I had to pay for. Heck, I was just pleased that my mom opened the coffers to the family fortune to send me to Palm Springs over Spring Break. I think I was so burned-out and weird by that point that she just didn't want me in Tulsa for the whole week!!

If I had to do MSI over again, which if O'Don taught all of anatomy would have been more likely, I would have put enough money for June/July into a 9 month CD. I had squirreled some away prior to getting here so I had a cushion, but there were enough bigger ticket items that cut into the budget that I feel good about taking out the same amount this year without stretching as much as this summer. Plus it won't have to go as far, since MS3 is a one-two punch...

If I can offer any advice to the soon-to-be proud daddy of twins, keep those suckers on the tit(s) as long as you can. Formula will ass-rape you. The less of it you have to buy the better...

hey back off. im not completely gone. i drop in on an off night here and nontrad´s hating. all i have to say is loans baby, loans. lots of the research gigs come with a stipend so the out of pocket for those is small. some may say its irresponsible, but as our careers continue to evolve, the one thing we will never have enough of is time. plus, nontrad your situation is unique in that you are being compensated for your time at a much higher rate than most other people.

hey back off. im not completely gone. i drop in on an off night here and nontrad´s hating. all i have to say is loans baby, loans. lots of the research gigs come with a stipend so the out of pocket for those is small. some may say its irresponsible, but as our careers continue to evolve, the one thing we will never have enough of is time. plus, nontrad your situation is unique in that you are being compensated for your time at a much higher rate than most other people.

This is true. If my rent were say $200/month cheaper (totally doable) and if my place were decently insulated, I'd probably have saved enough right there to cover one big trip. Brazil sounds very cool -- I'm jealous of that one.

Now my parents suggested that we just camp across the country, but that doesn't exactly work when you have 3 cats. And I'm a wimp who likes to sleep in beds occasionally and take showers.

Uh-oh. I forgot that there was one person who might nail me. It's green envy not hate, glp. My apologies. I wanna be in Rio, too! Yes, I am getting paid far more than I probably deserve (I prefer to view it as my last revenge for ten years of being underappreciated), but it's beginning to sink in with me that this is our last summer, and I'm spending it behind a desk!! At least I've got some time this week - I'm taking off Mon/Tue to get some paperwork and housecleaning done here in the city - Wed's the 4th - but then it's back to the 40/week slog until August 1 <sigh>.

I should have just borrowed more and put my loans on a 30-year amortization. It'll be the first time in history that an estate paid off a school loan, but it won't be my problem by then....

Well after all, I ended up buying a new desktop instead of a notebook. Wow it's fast, and I found a open box special on a 23" Sony LCD monitor that is between 800-1600 bucks on Yahoo shopping. I got it for 280.00 at circuit city. Sweet.

Good luck to all the new 3rd years. MS3 is trying, especially for the homeschoolers who have gotten used to the cush life of the recliner. The good news is it's still better than either MS1/MS2.

Any questions about any of the rotations, post them and I'll do my best to scare the hell out of you even more.
T

I should have just borrowed more and put my loans on a 30-year amortization. It'll be the first time in history that an estate paid off a school loan, but it won't be my problem by then....

And your loans are discharged when you die, so even better. ;) If I can work it out somehow I'm dying with my law school loans. They're at a ridiculously low interest rate, so they're exactly at the bottom of any financial priority list. I can't believe I was actually a big enough idiot at one time to pay ahead on them. Debt's bad and all, but d@mn when the interest rate is less than what I can get in my checking account, I think I can always beat those interest odds.

I'm a big fan of borrowing every cent you can.

Well after all, I ended up buying a new desktop instead of a notebook. Wow it's fast, and I found a open box special on a 23" Sony LCD monitor that is between 800-1600 bucks on Yahoo shopping. I got it for 280.00 at circuit city. Sweet.

Good luck to all the new 3rd years. MS3 is trying, especially for the homeschoolers who have gotten used to the cush life of the recliner. The good news is it's still better than either MS1/MS2.

Any questions about any of the rotations, post them and I'll do my best to scare the hell out of you even more.
T

Cool! I guess you should have a lot more time to post since you're hitting your slacker year. :)

A little going away present for you guys--a brief directory of the SDN OU Threads. :cool:

Pre-Allopathic:
University of Oklahoma (November 5, 2006)
Oklahoma (October 17, 2006)
Oklahoma waitlist movement??? (April 1, 2006)
University of Oklahoma (December 27, 2005)
Colorado vs. Oklahoma (December 1, 2005)
Oklahoma Anyone? part 02 (July 15, 2005)
Living in Oklahoma (May 29, 2005)
Oklahoma Anyone? (September 1, 2004)
University of Oklahoma 2008 - GO SOONERS! (March 15, 2004)
Rejections from University of Oklahoma (February 20, 2004)
Univ of Oklahoma Med School Info? (November 16, 2003)
Oklahoma Universities (November 13, 2002)
Oklahoma University (February 3, 2002)
University of Oklahoma (December 8, 2001)
University of Oklahoma and comments on AMCAS (August 19, 2001)

Allopathic:
THE University of Oklahoma 2008-2011 part two (April 20, 2007)
University of Oklahoma -- all peeps -- part 2 (April 19, 2007)
University of Oklahoma, Classes of 2008-2011 (January 25, 2007)
Oklahoma future 2011'ers part 02 (January 24, 2007)
Oklahoma future 2011'ers part 01 (September 29, 2006)
Oklahoma - (Prospective) Class of 2010 part 02 (October 12, 2006)
Oklahoma - (Prospective) Class of 2010 part 01 (September 4, 2005)
University of Oklahoma Class of 2009 Go Sooners! (May 8, 2005)
University of Oklahoma Medical School (August 10, 2002)
University of Oklahoma students (March 12, 2002)
University of Oklahoma School of Medicine (March 21, 2000)

Residency Programs:
Anyone know anything about Oklahoma? (Anesthesiology-January 19, 2007)
Oklahoma away rotation (Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons-May 11, 2006)
Oklahoma? (Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons-December 1, 2005)

Other:
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center - Spouses (May 30, 2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.