University of North Texas (UNTHSC/TCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed nov 20th. Still says invited for an interview. I wonder if that should have changed by now

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed nov 20th. Still says invited for an interview. I wonder if that should have changed by now
It took a while for mine to change. Like 5 days? And with Thanksgiving this week.... don't expect anything.

It took a while for mine to change. Like 5 days? And with Thanksgiving this week.... don't expect anything.

Just curious cause other people from the same day said theirs changed to under review. Wasn't sure if they did it individually or if everyone from the same day at once changed

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious cause other people from the same day said theirs changed to under review. Wasn't sure if they did it individually or if everyone from the same day at once changed
Oh I see. I'm pretty sure it's individually. I have no proof but...I've spent too much time this semester on SDN reading past threads. :p

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I interviewed Nov 7th. My UNTHSC application status changed from "...invited to an interview" to "...under review" on Nov 25th.
During the interview day the staff suggested that our Nov 7th interview group could see pre-match offers. No details, no promises.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Andy

Last edited:
When I interviewed in September we were told it takes a month after our interview for the committee to make a decision. By the way, I live in Ft Worth so if anyone has any questions about living in the area feel free to contact me.

When I interviewed in September we were told it takes a month after our interview for the committee to make a decision. By the way, I live in Ft Worth so if anyone has any questions about living in the area feel free to contact me.
I have a friend who has been waiting to hear back about a decision since interviewing in August.

So, when they've made their decision, the adcom members must just sit on the result for a while?

I interviewed on 10/03/13, and my portal still says, 'Under Review.' I guess a decision has been made, but they're not letting me in on it yet!! :annoyed:

I have a friend who has been waiting to hear back about a decision since interviewing in August.

So, when they've made their decision, the adcom members must just sit on the result for a while?

I interviewed on 10/03/13, and my portal still says, 'Under Review.' I guess a decision has been made, but they're not letting me in on it yet!! :annoyed:

I think once a decision is made, it is either to reject or place on some sort of a rank list. Those near the top get prematch others and as more people interview, some near the bottom get bumped off and rejected later in the cycle. This is just my theory.

I think once a decision is made, it is either to reject or place on some sort of a rank list. Those near the top get prematch others and as more people interview, some near the bottom get bumped off and rejected later in the cycle. This is just my theory.
It sounds like a good theory.

Interview invite today for dec. 12!!!! So exited!!! This my number one choice! And I was complete back in May

Stats: 23 Mcat 3.86 Gpa 3.75 scienc
Instate

Reactions: 5 users
I'm assuming this is typical SDN neuroticism but since I didn't see this last time I checked my status:

Does everyone who has interviewed have a scholarship application link show up when you sign in to check your status?

I'm assuming this is typical SDN neuroticism but since I didn't see this last time I checked my status:

Does everyone who has interviewed have a scholarship application link show up when you sign in to check your status?
Yep! I have it too. I don't think it's a sign of anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on the trend last yr, we should hear more decisions this week?

They said it probably would be the end of the year depending on how the first batch of pre-matches go.

Still "under review." I check periodically to see if anything has changed. Hopefully, TCOM will send out their next round of acceptances soon! An acceptance would be a great Christmas present :)

Reactions: 1 user
Well, TCOM is closed all day today due to the winter storm. I doubt any pre-match offers will be made today :(

Yep, it's been a while since DFW had an ice storm. All area schools are closed today. DFW airport is still pretty much shut down. Pic of I-30 this morning:

ksTJbGU.jpg

Last edited:
During the 2011 storm, classes were cancelled for a couple days. Maybe this time, school will be closed on Monday too. Probably they will not send out any more pre-match offers until mid-week.

I'm looking forward to these ice days in fort worth. It seems like everyone just camps in and sits out the storm without any pressure to drive anywhere. Where I live got 4 inches of snow on Monday and they didn't even delay schools! Then again, we do have plows dumping beaches worth of sand all over the road..

12/8 UPDATE: Temperatures are expected to climb above freezing this afternoon and melt some ice. “I don’t think it’s going to make much of a difference,” said Jennifer Dunn, a meteorologist in the Fort Worth office. “Anything that does melt is going to refreeze. An event this massive is going to take some time to get over.” “We’re still discouraging all travel throughout the Metroplex,” said TxDOT spokeswoman Jodi Hodges. “There are bridges with ice packs of 5 to 6 inches. We’ve got 18-wheelers stopped in the middle of the road."

I-30 today:
XJCCAx1.jpg

Aaannnnnddd unthsc is back and running again!

Accepted via portal status!

Congrats! Stats and when you interviewed, if you don't mind? Also I saw you posting something about sending a letter of intent. Did you end up doing it?

Congrats! Looks like the Christmas batch of offers has started.

Thank you! IS/30MCAT/3.36GPA/3.25Sci/Interviewed 11/5
Also I never sent the letter of intent

Last edited:
accepted via portal status! I interviewed beginning of october. Stats: MCAT:30 GPA:4.0
Had been accepted to other schools but have been really wanting to stay in fort worth for family.

Congratulations!

I'm still under review. Not looking good....:(

Does anyone know if they have anymore interview dates left? I'm gonna send a letter of intent to Joel Daboub today as a last ditch effort..

Same :/ do you think that's it for today or this week?
I think that's it until match. But I could be wrong (and I hope I'm wrong!) I'm just going off of old threads.

Mine still says invited for interview on the portal and I haven't had Tcom show up on TMDSAS rank. Interviewed 3 weeks ago so seems like it's been a little long.

Mine still says invited for interview on the portal and I haven't had Tcom show up on TMDSAS rank. Interviewed 3 weeks ago so seems like it's been a little long.

Mine does too and I interviewed at the same time. Called them today and they said it was "weird" as they try to update the portal daily. Was told they would look into it and to call back Monday if it wasn't changed.

However....viewing this thread it seems like it can take awhile before the status changes for some people.

Maybe give them a call sometime this week or next to make sure things are squared away?

Mine does too and I interviewed at the same time. Called them today and they said it was "weird" as they try to update the portal daily. Was told they would look into it and to call back Monday if it wasn't changed.

However....viewing this thread it seems like it can take awhile before the status changes for some people.

Maybe give them a call sometime this week or next to make sure things are squared away?

That's what I was thinking. I'll call them if it doesn't change in a couple days and report back.

I have the "this application is complete" status. Does anyone else have this? I feel like I am the only one...

I have the "this application is complete" status. Does anyone else have this? I feel like I am the only one...
I think everyone has that. You need to look above the boxes with all the information to see what it says there.

Last edited:
Will they spread this last batch of prematches little by little during the next days or do they all come in as one big batch in one day and that's it until match day?

Got in!!! :D Got an email at 4:15 pm and a phone call. 29 MCAT/ 3.8 GPA. Interviewed 10/3. Good luck to everyone else!

Accepted. Email/phone call at 4:00 today, 30 MCAT/ 3.6 GPA/4.0 graduate. Interviewed 10/11. Good luck, guys.

Will they spread this last batch of prematches little by little during the next days or do they all come in as one big batch in one day and that's it until match day?
Historically, it's been one big batch. So yes, I'm about 90% sure that this is it until match day. I'm praying for that 10% but the probability isn't high.

ACCEPTED via telephone call around 2 pm yesterday!
29 MCAT/3.88 undergrad GPA/4.0 Masters
Interviewed 10/11
Congrats to everyone accepted!

I guess I'll start studying for the MCAT again in case I'm not accepted March 1st. I applied so darn late this cycle. If I have to do it again, I'm hoping for a higher MCAT and I'm definitely applying on or near June first. My app is still under review so there's still hope!!! :):xf: Good luck, everyone! Enjoy your holiday break.

I'm going to try for SMP's because my MCAT is more than fine but my GPA is below avg. As a non-science major, I've been asked about my ability to handle upper-division science courses. Also going to apply to MedSci. The wait for Match Day is long, might as well spend it filling out paperwork...

Congratz to the folks with acceptances! Stay safe over the break, happy holidays!

I interviewed on December 12 and the 13 was the last interview date for the fall . They will interview the first two weeks in January but those that interview then may not be elgible for match since it takes the committee at least 3 weeks to review your application. I was told that they are interviewing about 50 less people than last cycle and by no means were they close to filling their class. For those that did not pre match don't worry a lot of the class is filled by match so stay strong until February 1!

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I thought Match Day was March 1st. Feb 1st sounds a lot better! The sooner I can hopefully ditch studying for another MCAT, the better!

Hi all, been stalking the three for a few weeks and just wanted to introduce myself! I'm dying for a match- this year will actually be Feb 3- sucks because I have a second $1000 deposit due on
Feb 1 at another school:( I hope everyone here gets in- you all seem really motivated and nice! Starry, I interviewed at Western the same day as you- saw you Over on that thread! I really hope you get into one of these schools! Have a good night all.

Hi all, been stalking the three for a few weeks and just wanted to introduce myself! I'm dying for a match- this year will actually be Feb 3- sucks because I have a second $1000 deposit due on
Feb 1 at another school:( I hope everyone here gets in- you all seem really motivated and nice! Starry, I interviewed at Western the same day as you- saw you Over on that thread! I really hope you get into one of these schools! Have a good night all.
I hope so too! Good luck to you as well :)