University of Maryland Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lippincott biochem is the way to go. It's got great clinical correlations, has killer diagrams, and I found it very helpful during step 1 review.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a med student yet, but i will be in 8 months. Hopefully I will be at Maryland but that is yet to be determined. To clarify maybe one of you know what this means. I interviewed in early november and put on hold in late november. I called the other day and an admissions rep said the letter ment "I was not good enough to accept now, but i wasnt bad enough to reject yet." Then she said my file will be re-reviewed and most likely will not hear news until May. How bad of a status is this, it seams like a lot of state residence applying are getting this news post interview. Should i keep hope alive?

Thanks

Sorry dude, but a hold is just that - a hold. Not an acceptance, not a rejection. I know it's not what you were hoping for. Nobody likes being stuck in limbo. I'd take the admissions office's word at face-value, and just sit tight. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Send period updates to let Maryland know that you are still interested (but don't be neurotic about it - seriously, once every few months is fine, as long as you have something substantial to update them with). In the meantime, keep busy with stuff - work, school, whatever. There's no use stressing about acceptance vs rejection right now; it's not really in your hands anymore.

For the record, students are still accepted in May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry dude, but a hold is just that - a hold. Not an acceptance, not a rejection. I know it's not what you were hoping for. Nobody likes being stuck in limbo. I'd take the admissions office's word at face-value, and just sit tight. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Send period updates to let Maryland know that you are still interested (but don't be neurotic about it - seriously, once every few months is fine, as long as you have something substantial to update them with). In the meantime, keep busy with stuff - work, school, whatever. There's no use stressing about acceptance vs rejection right now; it's not really in your hands anymore.

For the record, students are still accepted in May.

Thanks for your input.

How does that work if i would get an acceptance in may? when am i committed to other schools?

Favor to ask: any current students willing to show me a class or two when I come up for a self-run tour?

I'm a non-traditional (postbac) premed and in-state for UMD. Planning on coming up tomorrow (1/6) I know this is super short notice but would really appreciate it if there's someone who could point me to a class and maybe answer a question or two about your experience.

Not sure if this is the right location for this post, but would appreciate any help you can offer! (Since such short notice, I guess PM me with cell phone number if youre comfortable with that...)

Thanks,

Tyler

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone (well, LS/LW/MSK) on matching. I'm sure you guys are all happy to be finishing up now, despite looking down the barrel of internship/etc.

Any idea if there's a match list floating around?

Congrats to everyone (well, LS/LW/MSK) on matching. I'm sure you guys are all happy to be finishing up now, despite looking down the barrel of internship/etc.

Any idea if there's a match list floating around?

Its around, we all got copies. But they're all marked confidential, etc. Eventually they'll put it up on medscope and on the OSA website. Until then you'll just have to find an MS-IV willing to show you their hard copy.

I Eventually they'll put it up on medscope and on the OSA website.

That's what I thought about last year's list, but as far as I know they never put it up (although it made its rounds otherwise).

That's what I thought about last year's list, but as far as I know they never put it up (although it made its rounds otherwise).

Hmm. Interesting. Up until last year they had the past several years of match lists on the Match Day section of the OSA website.

The lists for 2004-2009 are definitely on Medscope but in the MSIV section which you might not have access to. PM me.

Hmm. Interesting. Up until last year they had the past several years of match lists on the Match Day section of the OSA website.

The lists for 2004-2009 are definitely on Medscope but in the MSIV section which you might not have access to. PM me.

Nevermind, I just looked at the MSIV section (which I assumed I had no access to since that's generally been my experience with accessing anything but my current year's page) and I do indeed see the 04-09 lists. Thanks. I guess I'll wait until they put this year's up on there.

Nevermind, I just looked at the MSIV section (which I assumed I had no access to since that's generally been my experience with accessing anything but my current year's page) and I do indeed see the 04-09 lists. Thanks. I guess I'll wait until they put this year's up on there.

2010 is in that list now too. Also never would have looked.

Hey guys, congrats on getting accepted to maryland. I am a fourth year getting ready to move and am trying to get rid of a lot of the books that I have accumulated over the past 4 years. If you are interested I have most of the required books for first and second year and most of the review books people use during third year clerkships. I really just want to get rid of them and maybe get some money back. I also have a lot of the review books for step I studying. Let me know if you are interested and I can tell you more about which specific books I have. I won't bs you about which ones are and aren't important.
good luck next year