University of Incarnate Word- Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys thanks for the directions.

Members don't see this ad.

what time are you headed there, I have to go back to check on somthing too. I am thinking 10

what time are you headed there, I have to go back to check on somthing too. I am thinking 10

Probably around 11 - I have be at work by noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh that's cool. i"m a tech at walgreens haha. which heb do you work at?

right now I work the pharmacy retail support center

which walgreens do you work at?

Last edited:
right now I work the pharmacy retail support center

which walgreens do you work at?

Wow. I didn't know there was a pharmacy retail support center. Pretty cool though. I work at the Walgreen's on bulverde and evans. it's on the far north side of town.

Hi everyone....new to SDN...well had been reading on here for a few months but just now joined....congrats to everyone and cant wait to see you all in the fall!!!!!

I emailed ms hernandez today and she said packets arent going out until end of june - early july. is that enough time to get shots, and get everything done before school??

The only shot I can think of that you should need to get for the first semester are tetanus/diphtheria if you need a booster. That's the only one I had to get, but I didn't get it until a few weeks into the semester. You should have plenty of time to get them once you get the packet. It won't matter on the Hep B because it takes six months to get that series finished and you won't be going into a hospital the first year.

we should get everyone interested together for a big SDN-UIW dinner or somethin once everyone gets settled..give us a chance to meet some of our classmates, and some of those who have already gone through the first year...just a thought lol...cant wait to get back to San antonio...knee surgery comin up wednesday..not lookin forward to it lol

I am an incoming P1 and have some questions for those of you reading this who are P2 and P3. My situation is that I am somewhat recently divorced and my kids are 9 and 5. I am in Hawaii and I'd like the kids to come with me and their dad wants them to stay here. I want to gather as much info as I can as to how much time people spend at school (besides the classes) and how predictable things are. At my interview, I was told that there are married students with children and also other single parents. I would love to hear from any of you - you can email me at [email protected].

Here are some of my questions:
-Do you have required study sessions at school or can you set them up for off-campus?
-For those with kids, have you been able to have a predictable schedule with them? (my parents are in SA so will be there as back-up for me)
-If there are any single parents where the other parent is still in the picture, what kind of time-sharing arrangements work for you?
-How much work is expected from students during breaks?
-I've got the class schedules for this next school year - do the last classes of the day get out when they're supposed to? Do labs run over? (I rarely finished OChem labs on time)
-Are there any formal or informal parenting support groups around?
-How much time have you spent studying?

Thanks in advance for any help regarding my questions as well as anything else you can tell me. I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
we should get everyone interested together for a big SDN-UIW dinner or somethin once everyone gets settled..give us a chance to meet some of our classmates, and some of those who have already gone through the first year...just a thought lol...cant wait to get back to San antonio...knee surgery comin up wednesday..not lookin forward to it lol

I think it's a great idea. I'll probably be in a decent size house so if we wanted to have it there we could.

Wouldn't wanna make a mess of ur place, should just do it at a restaurant and let them clean it up :) :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that it may seem a little dead on here because the majority of us transferred over to Facebook for communication. We have a Facebook group set up for talking and posting events now and throughout the next 4 years called "UIW Feik School of Pharmacy Class of 2012" and the link is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45101025242. No pressure on joining, just wanted to update ya! Torkey, good luck on your surgery! I'm sure it'll go great!

Hey I noticed several of you are looking for places to live close to school. I was in San Antonio this weekend and was able to find an apartment hunter. They were very help full. They were located at 11825 West Avenue #103. Phone: 210-978-2941. Ask for Celso tell him Aaron refered you and your trying to find a place near UIW's Pharmacy School. He found me some places to look at that had some specials going on that were in a good area. The one I plan on signing with is called Fountainhead..Its located in the medical district. Its walking distance to UTHSC and I heard there are alot of younger people that live in that area. The ETA to Feik School of Pharmacy campus is 15 mins according to the GPS I had. They weren't very expensive 1/1 started at 550. and it had a Washer and Dryer in it. I drove around blindly for about 5 hours not knowing where or what to look for. It sucked. If your not from the area like me I recommend using them. Its free and they aren't tied to any particular property managment group so they will help you find the best deal for what your looking for without bias. I looked at someother places on my own and compared prices and even though some of the places they recommended I live at were a little more expensive, after the discounts they offered it only made it slightly more expensive. Everyone says money doesn't by you happiness..I would have to say that it can Its just not permanent, and I'd rather spend a little more and be happy than less and be miserable.

just wanted to let everyone know i heard that they might change some of the books for first year students from the ones they had last year

They did change some of the books. We did not use LexiComp's drug info, physicochemical principles of pharmacy, or applied pharmaceutics in pharmacy compounding. We actually had no text for drug info and I think it would have been better for us to have had a text. The book list that I have been putting out is the one that reflects this change. If you don't want to get the books just yet, I think the packets for new students are getting sent out in a few weeks and it will have the book list in it.

Last edited:
Anyone not done their financial aid yet? Ill be away from home til wed and thatll make like 3wks that I've been gone...I'm not gettin behind am I??
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone not done their financial aid yet? Ill be away from home til wed and thatll make like 3wks that I've been gone...I'm not gettin behind am I??
Posted via Mobile Device

You're not getting behind, but you don't want to wait until mid to late July. If you have the ability, make time to do it when you get back home and get it out of the way so you don't have to worry about it and if there is some issue, you can fix it instead of taking precious time away during the first block to figure something out like I did. ;)

Hey Torkey - how was your surgery? I hope it went well and that you're doing better than you had hoped to be doing.

Hey Torkey - how was your surgery? I hope it went well and that you're doing better than you had hoped to be doing.

Hey! Thanks for the kind words..surgery went as well as it could have I guess...we just got back to san antonio finally a few mins ago...time to get on the ball w financial aid and physical therapy lol...how's the house hunt going?

torkey, get you computer set up and join the facebook page. it is so quiet in here now, I can see the tumbleweeds rolling by...

torkey, get you computer set up and join the facebook page. it is so quiet in here now, I can see the tumbleweeds rolling by...

you're slackin, I've already been there for the past few days! :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! He Went There! :)

Hello everyone!

It has been awhile since I have visited and posted. I have been busy looking for a place to live and summer school. Anyway, has anyone received any information about classes and books from the school? I have not seen, read, or heard anything from Office of Student Affairs regarding the upcoming semester.

faizal,
they said packets are going out early July. all the info you asked will be in there.

Thanks, RXdoctor!!

faizal,
you need to get on the facebook page, thats why this place is so quiet. some people posted that they got their packets on sat 6-28. I did not get mine yet, but I havent check the mail today.

take care,

ps go to this site, and complete the background check, it is due today 6-30-2008.

www.precheck.com
and go to the student check at the bottom right and complete that. it takes about 2-3 minutes.

Hey where's everyone at? Its been dead around this place for a while.... (Sorry, kinda distracted from studying for finals):smack::bang:

Tryna identify who is who......(SMRX, RXDoctor - I know who you are!!!, but others I dont)

Good luck studying guys! three more days and we are done with our first year!!! YAYY:D