University of Incarnate Word- Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, I've got a new question now..anyone know of a good orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist close by?? Im having knee surgery on June 11th and I need to find somewhere to follow up..anyone know of anything?

My dad had arthroscopy surgery to repair a torn miniscus. My parents live in Stone Oak which is North of 1604 off of 281 and his doctor was out that way. Wayne Lee was the physician. My dad thinks he is part of (or may be the whole thing) Hill Country Orthopedics, 19016 Stone Oak Parkway, 210-491-4125. That isn't the address for his location when my dad saw him, but he may have moved to a newer office.

My dad was referred from him to the Physical Rehabilitation Institute, 19260 Stone Oak Parkway, No. 107, 210-545-9355, Dr. Hank Bussey. They were good on the rehab work. They also offered an extended workout program which he tried for a month but found it was pretty minimal and dropped it in favor of a Bally's membership--which was cheaper.

Hope this helps and hope you have a successful trip.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have an idea what areas in SA are nice meaning peaceful, quiet, and secure to reside in? I am moving from Houston and would like some suggestions from those that live in SA. I only know of Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills.

Thank god, I thought I will be the oldest person in the class of 2012. I will be 43 in november.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea what areas in SA are nice meaning peaceful, quiet, and secure to reside in? I am moving from Houston and would like some suggestions from those that live in SA. I only know of Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills.

How much are you willing to spend a month? That will have a lot to do with how safe, peaceful and quiet the area you live is. Something people don't know about is, the airport is very close and you will get some airplane noise. That being said, there is a law that by either 2009 or 2010 all large jets have to have these quieter and more fuel efficient engines so there will only be a little while that you have to endure. My girlfriend came from Austin to get her BSN and lives close to campus and she said that she doesn't even notice the planes over head anymore. I would definitely look in the Alamo Heights area, Terrell Hills, medical center, and off blanco and wurzbach pkwy off of a street called vista del norte. If you can't find anything there you should get hooked up with an apartment finder.

How much are you willing to spend a month? That will have a lot to do with how safe, peaceful and quiet the area you live is. Something people don't know about is, the airport is very close and you will get some airplane noise. That being said, there is a law that by either 2009 or 2010 all large jets have to have these quieter and more fuel efficient engines so there will only be a little while that you have to endure. My girlfriend came from Austin to get her BSN and lives close to campus and she said that she doesn't even notice the planes over head anymore. I would definitely look in the Alamo Heights area, Terrell Hills, medical center, and off blanco and wurzbach pkwy off of a street called vista del norte. If you can't find anything there you should get hooked up with an apartment finder.

Thanks. I will definitely look into those other places you suggested. By the way, where can I get P1 textbook information. I like to buy my books ahead of time and off-campus if possible, such as half.com or ebay.

BTW, I would take airplane noise over people's noise. I could not live in a neighborhood with too much commotion and activity.:smuggrin:

BTW, I would take airplane noise over people's noise. I could not live in a neighborhood with too much commotion and activity.:smuggrin:

Any of the areas I listed will be about the same. It depends on the complex and neighbors on people noise. The place that my girlfriend lives at now is an older complex but they have a very strict no noise policy, with three strikes and you're out. It doesn't matter when or how fast you get them either. They also pay all bills to include extended basic cable. If you're just looking for a place and don't care much about amenities it's not bad and pretty cheap. She pays around $565 for over 750 sq. ft. But, it was built around the 60's so it will have some issues. The office staff is very nice and they are pretty prompt with fixing things when you bring the problem to their attention. Oh, I almost forgot. It's up Broadway from campus and takes about 10 minutes to get to the main campus by going down Broadway and you can get to 281 and be at the pharmacy school in about the same time.

Thanks. I will definitely look into those other places you suggested. By the way, where can I get P1 textbook information. I like to buy my books ahead of time and off-campus if possible, such as half.com or ebay.

I'm not sure where to get the book list. I can understand about wanting to purchase them online. If you do this, make sure you get them early enough in advance b/c the sellers can sometimes take a while to get them to you. I think we had a book list sent to us from the school. Either call or send an email to Liz or Kristen and see if they know anything about it.

I'm not sure where to get the book list. I can understand about wanting to purchase them online. If you do this, make sure you get them early enough in advance b/c the sellers can sometimes take a while to get them to you. I think we had a book list sent to us from the school. Either call or send an email to Liz or Kristen and see if they know anything about it.

We're supposed to receive a packet in early June, which will contain information regarding textbooks.

has anyone heard from the financial office? i wonder if we'll receive substantial amount of financial aid since we're the last ones to apply for assistance...

has anyone heard from the financial office? i wonder if we'll receive substantial amount of financial aid since we're the last ones to apply for assistance...

You should get enough to cover the tuition, maybe the fees and books from stafford loans. You probably won't avoid taking out grad plus loans unless you have a big stock of cash lying around. I don't know about not getting substantial financial aid b/c of how my taxes are, I usually don't file until later in the summer.

Thank god, I thought I will be the oldest person in the class of 2012. I will be 43 in november.

Wonder if at orientation, the others will be able to figure out who we are based on our "look of wisdom" gained from our decades of living...haha!

hey guys! Been a while since i've been on here since the internet at my place in Boca Raton died...I just cancelled the service, but right now I'm here in San Antonio, I LOVE this town lol. Its a little busy in parts but such a nice place to be. I came out for the past couple days to get a place to live, and I ended up going a little further away and getting a place at the abbey in Stone Oak. Its a BEAUTIFUL complex, the price for what you get is great, and the area its in is very nice. Its a townhome and its a little out of the way, but if our classes are at 8, I have no problem gettin up a little earlier and leavin at 700-715. its a straight shot on 281 to get to the school. I went by the school and talked with ms. Dicianna for like an hour or so and then went to the financial aid office. The lady I spoke with at the financial aid office said to check next week to see if they received the list of accepted students because they cant do anything with it yet but it should be soon. My fiancee and I went down to riverwalk tonight. Great great place to kill some time and spend an evening. The Alamo is really cool and the area down there is REALLY nice. Im sure you Texans already know all this, but this is for all the out of towners lol....anyways, i'm movin out here next weekend, so excited!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! Been a while since i've been on here since the internet at my place in Boca Raton died...I just cancelled the service, but right now I'm here in San Antonio, I LOVE this town lol. Its a little busy in parts but such a nice place to be. I came out for the past couple days to get a place to live, and I ended up going a little further away and getting a place at the abbey in Stone Oak. Its a BEAUTIFUL complex, the price for what you get is great, and the area its in is very nice. Its a townhome and its a little out of the way, but if our classes are at 8, I have no problem gettin up a little earlier and leavin at 700-715. its a straight shot on 281 to get to the school. I went by the school and talked with ms. Dicianna for like an hour or so and then went to the financial aid office. The lady I spoke with at the financial aid office said to check next week to see if they received the list of accepted students because they cant do anything with it yet but it should be soon. My fiancee and I went down to riverwalk tonight. Great great place to kill some time and spend an evening. The Alamo is really cool and the area down there is REALLY nice. Im sure you Texans already know all this, but this is for all the out of towners lol....anyways, i'm movin out here next weekend, so excited!!!

You should check out La Villita if you have time. Any other points of interest you are curious about, just ask.

Pharm,
at the CC here the class is University Physics and no Cal 2 needed. I just took physics last semester, and the course even says "not for health majors, this class is for engineers". I have to take this class all over again, and the books here cost more than the class, but oh well, gotta do what I gotta do!

anyone got opinions on roommates?? I think I am going to get my own for now.
VitaminhD - is looking for one, pref - female. give her a shout if anyone is looking.

Just to let you know, if you graduated with a degree 9 out of 10 times they will wave the pre-req since you are degreed. I applied for a waiver and they accepted it, although I am waitlisted at the moment.. I hope they send out those letters soon for the second rounders!!! agony!!!!

Oh my goodness... apartment shopping is such a drag!

Hey There! Sounds like you found a great place. I'll be living out that way too. I suppose I'd better figure out when I'm going to get over there to find someplace. I've got to get my house here sold too. Not enough time! When is your knee surgery or did you already have it?

I have the book list for those that want it. Send me a message with your personal email so I can send you the excel file. I will put it into the older version of excel for those that haven't updated their office package software. Oh, this is also a good bit of advice to go ahead and update/purchase the office 2007 (2008 for mac) software for class b/c the profs don't put out files in earlier versions. You don't really need to purchase the full version b/c you won't be using publisher or entourage, just power point, word and excel. I almost forgot. Don't waste your money on a medical dictionary. HEB will come in for a forum, give you a free lunch and a medical dictionary about mid-way through the first semester. You won't really need one before then.

Irishman, can you shoot me a copy of that booklist to [email protected] please? Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm back in fl now so no internet, just what I can pick up on the blackberry every once in a while...biopharm I can't even imagine how expensive its gonna be for you to move out there...its costin me 2500 just to move from fl. Good luck sellin your house, shoot me an email if you need any info about the places I looked at while there. And surgery is june 11th....I'm dreading all those damn stairs in the townhouse lol....haven't been on in a while good luck to everyone finishin up your pre-reqs!

Irishman, please send a copy of the booklist to [email protected]. Thanks in advance and thanks for the other info. What computer requirements does the school have? Do they recommend anything specific?

Irishman, please send a copy of the booklist to [email protected]. Thanks in advance and thanks for the other info. What computer requirements does the school have? Do they recommend anything specific?

There are two options for purchasing a computer through the school. Both are Dell and one is a tablet. The prices are $1300 and $1600 for the tablet. You can have financial aid pay for the laptops and if there's anything wrong with it you can drop it off with the on-campus tech support and they fix it for free. If you decide to get a computer from somewhere else, all you have to have is an anti-virus program and anti-spyware. I personally have a MacBook Pro and I love it. I have had no issues with the computer or the software. The tech guy at the pharmacy school doesn't know much about them, but there's a few mac faithful in my class and the class ahead of me. Mac tech support over the phone or in the apple store here is very good. I asked the main campus tech support if they had considered getting MacBooks for the school computers and they said they were looking at them. You just want to make sure you have at least 1GB of RAM and at least an 80GB hard drive.

If you are going to get the school laptop you need to go to the UIW website and download the form, fill it out and fax it in. There's something else you have to do and I can't remember what it is. Give the tech support a call to see what it is you have to do.

Let me know if you don't get the book list.

There are two options for purchasing a computer through the school. Both are Dell and one is a tablet. The prices are $1300 and $1600 for the tablet. You can have financial aid pay for the laptops and if there's anything wrong with it you can drop it off with the on-campus tech support and they fix it for free. If you decide to get a computer from somewhere else, all you have to have is an anti-virus program and anti-spyware. I personally have a MacBook Pro and I love it. I have had no issues with the computer or the software. The tech guy at the pharmacy school doesn't know much about them, but there's a few mac faithful in my class and the class ahead of me. Mac tech support over the phone or in the apple store here is very good. I asked the main campus tech support if they had considered getting MacBooks for the school computers and they said they were looking at them. You just want to make sure you have at least 1GB of RAM and at least an 80GB hard drive.

If you are going to get the school laptop you need to go to the UIW website and download the form, fill it out and fax it in. There's something else you have to do and I can't remember what it is. Give the tech support a call to see what it is you have to do.

Let me know if you don't get the book list.

Hey can you email me a copy as well? [email protected] thanks!

Just taking a time out to say how much I freakin hate moving lol....

Has anyone heard of any pharmacy companies offering students tuition reimbursement if they agree to sign up? (specifically tuition/loan forgiveness) I thought HEB offered an incentive but my manager said no. I'm trying to figure out what's the most cost effective option for me and my family.

I don't think many companies will do that until after you've completed atleast 1-2 years of pharmacy school. I may be wrong though..

Here's to 8:00am classes!! :D

Has anyone heard of any pharmacy companies offering students tuition reimbursement if they agree to sign up? (specifically tuition/loan forgiveness) I thought HEB offered an incentive but my manager said no. I'm trying to figure out what's the most cost effective option for me and my family.

There are companies like CVS and Walgreens that offer tuition reimbursement, but they will only give 4K per year. At our cost of tuition, it's not worth the commitment to the company for four years if you don't know you are going to like it. I wouldn't worry about tuition perks just yet. Just enjoy as peaceful a summer as you can and ready yourselves to jump in with both feet in August, because it's going to start quick and you won't have time to have an off day. Companies will come in to talk to you for forums and tell you all about what incentives they offer. They will give you free shwag and free food as well as a talk about their company. Just some food for thought, I spoke with a pharmacist with Dakota Med Temps and he told me they were offering 100K sign-on bonuses on top of 200-250K per year for Alaska. You will find offers out there that will amaze you by the time you graduate. This is why joining groups like APhA and being active in them is so important. The networking you will do gains you much more than just grades alone.

There are companies like CVS and Walgreens that offer tuition reimbursement, but they will only give 4K per year. At our cost of tuition, it's not worth the commitment to the company for four years if you don't know you are going to like it. I wouldn't worry about tuition perks just yet. Just enjoy as peaceful a summer as you can and ready yourselves to jump in with both feet in August, because it's going to start quick and you won't have time to have an off day. Companies will come in to talk to you for forums and tell you all about what incentives they offer. They will give you free shwag and free food as well as a talk about their company. Just some food for thought, I spoke with a pharmacist with Dakota Med Temps and he told me they were offering 100K sign-on bonuses on top of 200-250K per year for Alaska. You will find offers out there that will amaze you by the time you graduate. This is why joining groups like APhA and being active in them is so important. The networking you will do gains you much more than just grades alone.

Thanks Irishman for all the info! I keep telling myself to relax but I literally have SO many thoughts running through my head. Just curious though, what's your input in regards to joining the military so they will pay for school?

I am prior military, serving almost 8 years before I got into pharmacy school. I personally have hot and cold days as far as wanting to go back in. As far as a way to pay for school, I seriously wouldn't worry too much about it. The military is a good way to get money for paying student loans off, but they tell you where to go and what to do. You literally are "government property." I once knew a guy that was going to get an article 15 for damage to government property because he got a bad sunburn and could not wear his flak vest without it hurting. You would be going in as a captain and they have nice bonuses to lure and keep medical professionals in the military. If you talk to an officer recruiter, they will tell you that you will make a huge salary that is equal to or greater than what you can make on the outside. Ask for a breakdown of that number and where the values are coming from. They factor in the cost of medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance b/c you don't pay for that. They also figure in the cost of living on post, which again you don't pay for the house or any utilities. If you are serious about going in, don't look at the Army or Marines. I would go with the Air Force first and Navy second. The Air Force has the highest quality of living and treat their people the best. The Navy's not bad because they have bases all over the world and you have a good chance of seeing a lot of the world on their ticket.

I was in SA yesterday and looked at a couple of areas. I scratched off half of the places I had on my list that was off San Pedro down the street from school. I ended up with 2 prospects. I am looking for townhomes or a house. Where is Stoney ... of 281, I would like to look in there, too? I found a townhome in the Med Ctr, but a bit overpriced ~ 975.00/month, so I want to keep looking. I agree, looking for place is a drag.

I have the book list for those that want it. Send me a message with your personal email so I can send you the excel file. I will put it into the older version of excel for those that haven't updated their office package software. Oh, this is also a good bit of advice to go ahead and update/purchase the office 2007 (2008 for mac) software for class b/c the profs don't put out files in earlier versions. You don't really need to purchase the full version b/c you won't be using publisher or entourage, just power point, word and excel. I almost forgot. Don't waste your money on a medical dictionary. HEB will come in for a forum, give you a free lunch and a medical dictionary about mid-way through the first semester. You won't really need one before then.

Can you please send a booklist my way to [email protected]? thanks.

I was in SA yesterday and looked at a couple of areas. I scratched off half of the places I had on my list that was off San Pedro down the street from school. I ended up with 2 prospects. I am looking for townhomes or a house. Where is Stoney ... of 281, I would like to look in there, too? I found a townhome in the Med Ctr, but a bit overpriced ~ 975.00/month, so I want to keep looking. I agree, looking for place is a drag.

I think you're referring to Stone Oaks/281N area. It's a really nice area, usually upper middle class and higher. I never suggested the area before because it's not too close to school (although it's a straight shot from highway 281) but it's very nice. Has a lot of nice bars nearby (not that I'm a drinker :rolleyes:) and it's centrally located to alot of things. The only negative aspect of Stone Oak is that there is a lot of traffic in that area during peak times but I guess that's everywhere.

I am prior military, serving almost 8 years before I got into pharmacy school. I personally have hot and cold days as far as wanting to go back in. As far as a way to pay for school, I seriously wouldn't worry too much about it. The military is a good way to get money for paying student loans off, but they tell you where to go and what to do. You literally are "government property." I once knew a guy that was going to get an article 15 for damage to government property because he got a bad sunburn and could not wear his flak vest without it hurting. You would be going in as a captain and they have nice bonuses to lure and keep medical professionals in the military. If you talk to an officer recruiter, they will tell you that you will make a huge salary that is equal to or greater than what you can make on the outside. Ask for a breakdown of that number and where the values are coming from. They factor in the cost of medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance b/c you don't pay for that. They also figure in the cost of living on post, which again you don't pay for the house or any utilities. If you are serious about going in, don't look at the Army or Marines. I would go with the Air Force first and Navy second. The Air Force has the highest quality of living and treat their people the best. The Navy's not bad because they have bases all over the world and you have a good chance of seeing a lot of the world on their ticket.

I was actually thinking about the airforce but the thing that sort of turned me off was their pay scale. If you're a captain then you're considered O3 (?) which makes about $3200/month. Is that right? Or is there a different pay scale for health professionals?

It's official: class starts in 3 months! (not that I'm counting). lol.

I was actually thinking about the airforce but the thing that sort of turned me off was their pay scale. If you're a captain then you're considered O3 (?) which makes about $3200/month. Is that right? Or is there a different pay scale for health professionals?

That's the base pay you get as an O3, then you get the bonuses to augment your pay. The quality of housing the Air Force has is much higher than the Army, so you will have nicer housing whether you have on base housing or they give you a housing allowance for you to live off base until one opens up for you on base. That's why I mentioned talking to an officer recruiter about the numbers. There is an Army officer recruiter on campus, but if you go to any Air Force recruiting station or give them a call, they should be able to get you in contact with the right people.

With bonus I believe you would be making about double that, but again nothing what you can expect in the private sector. You can work for the military in their pharmacy as a civilian contractor. At BAMC on Ft. Sam Houston that's primarily what works in the pharmacy. Prof. Trang works there from time to time. He is not here right now but he will be back later next month so feel free to send an email asking about it. [email protected]

What is "SI" on the schedule? free time? :laugh:

IrishRXMan, thank you for emailing me the book list!

I went to Incarnate Word High School my freshman year so back then SI meant you were given time to study. If that's the case I wonder if we could just leave early.

I went to Incarnate Word High School my freshman year so back then SI meant you were given time to study. If that's the case I wonder if we could just leave early.

SI is only by invitation and it's for those that aren't doing well in a course. It is designed to focus in on what is causing the student problems in a class and help them to improve and pass. So, yes, you can just leave early if you don't have SI.

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has received anything from school regarding the acceptance of admission deposits?

No, still haven't received anything. Someone posted on here earlier that they would send something out in early June.

ok, I have narrowed down the area and Bitters and 281 seems best. Is this too far to live from school? my friends at other schools think 8 miles is too far and that I will miss out on stuff at school, or I will be too tired from driving on late study night?
I really dont think 8 miles is that bad, but I do want to be involved in school activities, so what do you think?
I also see a few places around the Austin Hwy and 410 area, but I dont know what it's like there.
I am going to take a trip there next week, so I can get a better picture. But if you can help me narrow the search, I would appreciate it.

8 miles mightt be kinda far for an everyday route. :( just my opinion. But it is do-able.

Does anyone know how to get our email address for the school??

ok, I have narrowed down the area and Bitters and 281 seems best. Is this too far to live from school? my friends at other schools think 8 miles is too far and that I will miss out on stuff at school, or I will be too tired from driving on late study night?
I really dont think 8 miles is that bad, but I do want to be involved in school activities, so what do you think?
I also see a few places around the Austin Hwy and 410 area, but I dont know what it's like there.
I am going to take a trip there next week, so I can get a better picture. But if you can help me narrow the search, I would appreciate it.

If you're looking at Austin Hwy that's closest to 410 that's ok, especially if it's in the Oak Well Farm subdivision. But the further you go down austin hwy there are some spots that I would not recommend. The 281/Bitters is probably better. And no I don't believe 8 miles is too far. As I mentioned before during peak hours you'll have to deal with a lot of traffic, espcially around the airport and the 281/1604 area. You shouldn't worry about not being able to be involved with school activites. If I were to choose I would live off of Bitters. Hope this helps.

All of the complexes on Austin Highway and 410 close to Perrin-Beitel Rd. are complete ghettos. I believe they are section 8 housing and the people that live in them aren't the best of society. Your car would be very prone to being broken into. There's a complex called Spanish Oaks on Harry Wurzbach and 410 that has a lot of military that lives there. That's not a bad complex, but it has a bit of age on it. Some of the complexes in the Oakwell Farms area further away from 410 on Harry Wurzbach are pretty nice. I would stay away from El Chaparrel like the plague. I know people that live out on 1604 and Bandera and they still make it for school functions. When there's no traffic, you can make it from that distance to the school in about 30 minutes. From the 281 and Bitters area you can make it to school in less than 10 minutes without traffic and probably about 20 to 30 with traffic depending on when you leave. The closer to 8:30 to 9:00 you leave, the worse the traffic is. But, since you have class before then, i wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

That's the base pay you get as an O3, then you get the bonuses to augment your pay. The quality of housing the Air Force has is much higher than the Army, so you will have nicer housing whether you have on base housing or they give you a housing allowance for you to live off base until one opens up for you on base. That's why I mentioned talking to an officer recruiter about the numbers. There is an Army officer recruiter on campus, but if you go to any Air Force recruiting station or give them a call, they should be able to get you in contact with the right people.

With bonus I believe you would be making about double that, but again nothing what you can expect in the private sector. You can work for the military in their pharmacy as a civilian contractor. At BAMC on Ft. Sam Houston that's primarily what works in the pharmacy. Prof. Trang works there from time to time. He is not here right now but he will be back later next month so feel free to send an email asking about it. [email protected]

Any allowances you receive are tax free. People stationed in some high cost of living areas receive a COLA. In Hawaii, it comes out to over $900 a month (tax free). In some areas, the housing allowance is extremely generous (for an O4 in Hawaii, it is about $3300 I think, which is more than enough to cover costs for decent places) but in other areas, the housing allowance stinks. I don't know about the Air force, but government housing for O3's and above in the Navy can be very difficult to get - waiting lists are often over a year long. I haven't been in the military but until recently, I was married to the Navy (that's how it can seem to the military spouse!).

Jeffrey Copeland, one of my interviewers, was in the Army. He might be able to give you some more information.

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has received anything from school regarding the acceptance of admission deposits?

are you talking about a receipt for the deposit? if so, i received mine not so long ago.

are you talking about a receipt for the deposit? if so, i received mine not so long ago.

I never received a receipt but the school already cashed my check.

Irishman- you're so funny. I was thinking the exact same thing about the austin highway area but I didn't want to scare anyone off. :D

All of the complexes on Austin Highway and 410 close to Perrin-Beitel Rd. are complete ghettos. I believe they are section 8 housing and the people that live in them aren't the best of society. Your car would be very prone to being broken into. There's a complex called Spanish Oaks on Harry Wurzbach and 410 that has a lot of military that lives there. That's not a bad complex, but it has a bit of age on it. Some of the complexes in the Oakwell Farms area further away from 410 on Harry Wurzbach are pretty nice. I would stay away from El Chaparrel like the plague. I know people that live out on 1604 and Bandera and they still make it for school functions. When there's no traffic, you can make it from that distance to the school in about 30 minutes. From the 281 and Bitters area you can make it to school in less than 10 minutes without traffic and probably about 20 to 30 with traffic depending on when you leave. The closer to 8:30 to 9:00 you leave, the worse the traffic is. But, since you have class before then, i wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

I live near 1604 and Bandera and I can get to UIW in about 30 minutes. I like this area because it's nicer and pretty quiet. For me, it's pretty close to everything and far enough from everything (if that makes sense). You can pretty much get around the entire San Antonio from every direction in about 45 minutes! I know a friend who got a 2 BR apartment at The Springs (1604 and Bandera) during their specials for about $700 a month! That's a steal since the place is only 2-3 years old. I like the 281 north of 410 also, but they can be expensive. Anything in the N/NE/NW area outside loop 410 is good.