University of Hawaii at Hilo COP - Applicants for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, everyone got that.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol. I thought it was a reward for being interviewed first for the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol. I thought it was a reward for being interviewed first for the day.

I had dr. fisher too. he was cool. did u feel like he was grilling you though? I kind of did but hopefully it was because he was interested in what I had to say.

I heard Dr. Ma tell someone else to expect decisions next Thursday...is this pretty much on base with what everyone else has heard?

I also heard that, Carolyn told another person that results would be expected on March 4th.

Ehh...such a long wait! Since both my schools are deciding that week, it is going to be a very eventful few days!

One of my schools that I had an interview will tell me the results on March 1, then Hawaii on March 4th...woohoo, and possible many other schools as well.

Yeah same here...the 1st and 4th...where else did you interview?

I also got interviewed at the University of Wyoming.

I also got interviewed at the University of Wyoming.

Well how about that...ME TOO! What day did you go? I went last Thursday (the day after my Vegas interview!) Needless to say, I was just a little tired driving into snowy Laramie 8 in the morning after getting in around 11 at night in Cheyenne...

I went last Wednesday lol.

I was tired as well, and as a result I got sick :(

Funny how this works lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went last Wednesday lol.

I was tired as well, and as a result I got sick :(

Funny how this works lol.

Well good luck! I guess we'll start finding out in about a week for both our schools :)

Yup! Were you also out of state also?

On Wednesday, we had 11 people, ALL of them out of state...and they only accept 20 people out of state, so it's going to be tough.

Well I live in Utah but I grew up in Wyoming, so technically I would be in-state and get in-state tuition rates (which would be pretty nice!!). UW is a good choice because it is relatively a good price for a good education, my brother is a P4 there currently and out on rotations. I think we had 9 people in our group and 7 of 9 were out of state (one was actually from montana but was going to school in Casper). So it seems there is a lot more competition for the out of state seats than in-state. Where are you from?

Well I live in Utah but I grew up in Wyoming, so technically I would be in-state and get in-state tuition rates (which would be pretty nice!!). UW is a good choice because it is relatively a good price for a good education, my brother is a P4 there currently and out on rotations. I think we had 9 people in our group and 7 of 9 were out of state (one was actually from montana but was going to school in Casper). So it seems there is a lot more competition for the out of state seats than in-state. Where are you from?

Alaska :laugh:

One of our other members here, Kern, is also from Alaska!:D

Good luck to all those who are waiting to hear from the recent interviews and those on the waitlist. Hopefully your wait will be over soon!

I had dr. fisher too. he was cool. did u feel like he was grilling you though? I kind of did but hopefully it was because he was interested in what I had to say.
He got bored sometimes, so it was a bit scary. He actually went through his whole list of questions with me. Nervous...

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting lately because I've been trying to do other things other than worry about where I stand on the waitlist. Lol I was very sad about it at first but I've learned that it's a lot better than being immediately rejected. Since I've already completed my B.S. 2 years ago and have no more prereqs to take, I've decided to go back and get my Masters in Public Health. Do you think that it'll improve my chances of getting in, if not this year then maybe the next? I really hope so... Anyway, congrats to those who have recently been accepted and good luck to everyone else who is waitlisted! :)

He got bored sometimes, so it was a bit scary. He actually went through his whole list of questions with me. Nervous...

He went through his whole list of questions with me too. Why do you think he got bored? Did you know he is the associate dean?!!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting lately because I've been trying to do other things other than worry about where I stand on the waitlist. Lol I was very sad about it at first but I've learned that it's a lot better than being immediately rejected. Since I've already completed my B.S. 2 years ago and have no more prereqs to take, I've decided to go back and get my Masters in Public Health. Do you think that it'll improve my chances of getting in, if not this year then maybe the next? I really hope so... Anyway, congrats to those who have recently been accepted and good luck to everyone else who is waitlisted! :)

I think getting a graduate degree is awesome, I have one too! :) I went back to school also after getting my B.S. in 2004 and earned my masters last year. To be honest, I have a low overall gpa from undergrad but my masters gpa was really high. Since getting my masters, I've been offered 3 interviews--waitlisted for 1 (UH Hilo) and still waiting for 2 other schools decision...I say go for it if you don't get in (but that doesnt mean if you don't get a masters degree you won't get in either). You're probably in better shape now than I was b/c I was never offered an interview until actually getting my masters. Keep me posted w/what you decide.:)

He went through his whole list of questions with me too. Why do you think he got bored? Did you know he is the associate dean?!!
Yup, he said that when he was introducing himself, impressive background!! When I was answering questions I could see him looking around, and being bored. Did he give you any feedback after you answered the questions? He did with me.

7 days and counting till interviewees from this batch get decisions!!

Yup, he said that when he was introducing himself, impressive background!! When I was answering questions I could see him looking around, and being bored. Did he give you any feedback after you answered the questions? He did with me.

Let me think...I don't remember since it was in December...what kind of feedback? Like "great answer"? The only thing I remember was after the interview, he wanted me to make sure that admissions had all of my records so he told me to call...which was weird b/c why would he have me do that if it was a closed file...and actually they were missing one of my degrees!

Let me think...I don't remember since it was in December...what kind of feedback? Like "great answer"? The only thing I remember was after the interview, he wanted me to make sure that admissions had all of my records so he told me to call...which was weird b/c why would he have me do that if it was a closed file...and actually they were missing one of my degrees!
lol, I don't think it's closed filed. They just said that. Yeah, feedback like good answers and oks. I got mixed result. God, you have a master and you was put in waitlist? I don't think I would have a chance then, my overall GPA is really low. Oh well, what's done is done after all.

lol, I don't think it's closed filed. They just said that. Yeah, feedback like good answers and oks. I got mixed result. God, you have a master and you was put in waitlist? I don't think I would have a chance then, my overall GPA is really low. Oh well, what's done is done after all.

No, you definitely have a chance. They interviewed you because they think you're qualified so stay positive! You'll hear back soon and hopefully I will too! =)

I don't remember hearing any "good answer" or "i like that"

it was mostly my interviewer writing down what I said as if he's a student and taking lecture notes from me.

he was writing things, looking up, writing things rreally fast as if he's writing my words verbatim making sure he got every word down instead of engaging in a relaxing conversation with me. that made me kind of depressed a little.

I'd take the 'good answer" with a grain of salt. i received a lot of that from Pacific university and was on hold.

No, you definitely have a chance. They interviewed you because they think you're qualified so stay positive! You'll hear back soon and hopefully I will too! =)
I definitely hope so, thank you. Good luck to the both of us, and everyone else. My answer to the last question was really funny. He started giggling (so was everyone else) as soon as I said it. Bad thing...:xf:

I don't remember hearing any "good answer" or "i like that"

it was mostly my interviewer writing down what I said as if he's a student and taking lecture notes from me.

he was writing things, looking up, writing things really fast as if he's writing my words verbatim making sure he got every word down instead of engaging in a relaxing conversation with me. that made me kind of depressed a little.

I'd take the 'good answer" with a grain of salt. i received a lot of that from Pacific university and was on hold.

Lol, was your interviewer Dr. Fisher too? He wrote a lot, but hopefully it was a good thing. I was trying to look at what he wrote, but failed b/c it's upside down and the words were barely readable. Good luck:luck:

Lol, was your interviewer Dr. Fisher too? He wrote a lot, but hopefully it was a good thing. I was trying to look at what he wrote, but failed b/c it's upside down and the words were barely readable. Good luck:luck:

yeeah. lol

he wrote everywhere on the paper...even on margins and not within the lines. someone mentioned they can easily see high marks on their paper. I failed like you since I was unable to see anything.

but he did have an impressive background and looks really young for his all his professional accomplishments so it was somewhat intimidating talking to him but I tried to get pass that by making it seem conversational.

Just got my acceptance letter! 837pm est

WHAT A RELIEF!!!! :eek:

Those of you still waiting, hang in there!:xf:

hey standizzle, i met you the day of the interview..i'm waitlisted as well : (

hey standizzle, i met you the day of the interview..i'm waitlisted as well : (

the other asian?! you decided to sign up on the forums ha well hang in there, based on the other thread people were being pulled off the waitlist weeks before school started.

I am on the waitlist as well. :-(, we are on the same boat. How many people are actually on the waitlist? Sounds like a lot.

yes the other asian..lol i few weeks before school...thats a little crazy i dunno.

Yeah I got put on the alternate list also...Yes..at least I have some company!! :)

so many waitlisters..!
how many people do they normally interview in a day at:
Nevada?
Hilo?

anyone know

so many waitlisters..!
how many people do they normally interview in a day at:
Nevada?
Hilo?

anyone know
For Nevada, they have 2 students every 30 minutes. The interview process was for 3 days, so I guess the Nevada location along had about 100+

interviewed 02/19/10;
waitlisted;
i wonder how many spots they have left...

The earthquake in Chile with a magnitude of 8.8 has put the entire pacific rim on tsunami alert. One of the those areas is Hilo. Let's hope and pray that there are little to no ill effects to potential areas in the pacific. My condolences to those that have already lost their lives...may God bless them and their families.

Fox news is reporting that the waves are estimated to be about 8ft. at Hilo when the tsunami hits. I hope everyone/thing will be ok there!