University of Hawaii at Hilo COP - Applicants for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a call from Liz today. Got the e-mail soon after. ACCEPTED and SO excited.

One problem: MIC units? I know they want 6 quarter units but the MIC course I took on the quarter system was only 5 units. Does anyone know if they still round up? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I know that this thread has died a bit, and everyone is gearing up for school in august, but I was just wondering if anyone else was still on the wait/alternate list??? If so, has anyone heard anything lately? (Aside from those already accepted)

Got a call from Liz today. Got the e-mail soon after. ACCEPTED and SO excited.

One problem: MIC units? I know they want 6 quarter units but the MIC course I took on the quarter system was only 5 units. Does anyone know if they still round up? :scared:

I think I recall something about how they still round up, not entirely sure, but call, e-mail, whatever and find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Shimmery! You were right. I called Dan the next day before I got my hopes up. Good to know for future generations of SDNers! See you in the Fall! =)

Thanks Shimmery! You were right. I called Dan the next day before I got my hopes up. Good to know for future generations of SDNers! See you in the Fall! =)

RxShazzie,

Congrats on your acceptance! I've been absent from the forum for a long time due to my job working on a cruiseline and I'm not gearing up for the move to Hilo. Flying there on July 25 so I can hit the ground running to find a place to live, get settled, and prepare for orientation. Would prefer to room with other P1's so if anyone here is looking to rent out a room in a house near campus, let me know! :D

Thanks Forrest! Welcome back to solid land. =)

Another girl and I are looking for a third roommate if anyone is interested. The house we are hoping to rent is closer to the medical center and 2 miles from campus. 367/mo + utilities and all that good stuff.

PM me if this sounds good to you!

See you all in the Fall!

Woops! Thanks for the heads up. For some reason it didn't show up when I searched for it.

Thanks Shimmery! Yeah, Shazzie, I'm not sure why fb groups don't always show up when you search for them. Thanks for joining!

Congrats RxShazzie!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Let's see if the rest of waitlisters have any hope. Thanks!!!!

Hello I was wondering if anyone needed an extra room mate at a house or apt. thanks

I know that this thread has died a bit, and everyone is gearing up for school in august, but I was just wondering if anyone else was still on the wait/alternate list??? If so, has anyone heard anything lately? (Aside from those already accepted)

I'm still on the waitlist. I've called a couple of times and have been told that people are coming and going so there is a constant flow of accepted students from the waitlist. I failed to ask how many students are still on the waitlist though. I hope to hear soon...it's already the end of July :(

They won't give you the number of people that are on the wait list so don't bother with that...