University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I remember correctly, I sent in my paperwork then waited all summer for other information about orientation. I started to wonder if I really had been accepted or if I'd dreamt it all up. :laugh: It was pretty frustrating.

That could very well be the case and I'm just blocking the "fun" of waiting from my memory.

Members don't see this ad.

hi there when did u interview for the secondary interview?

I think it was March 15th.
did you hear from them yet? I guess ur in a better spot, since you got in somewhere else. Well, would you change your mind if you get accepted to CU?

i interviewed on the first day of the interview and have heard back from them on monday. well , cu is my first chice , but i dont know if i will change my mind or not if i get accepted there . i will take my time and think about it when the time comes.
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got done checking my mail and registering on SDN and I’m excited to announce that I was offered admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program at CU's pharmacy school for the fall of 2007. I interviewed on March 14th and I’m an In-State-Student. Good Luck to the rest of you and congratulations on those who have already been accepted!!! :) :) :)

Just got done checking my mail and registering on SDN and I’m excited to announce that I was offered admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program at CU's pharmacy school for the fall of 2007. I interviewed on March 14th and I’m an In-State-Student. Good Luck to the rest of you and congratulations on those who have already been accepted!!! :) :) :)

Congrats

Congrates to you...how was the package sent?

Congrates to you...how was the package sent?

In a BIG WHITE ENVELOPE with the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center in the top left corner. The letter itself was dated on my birthday, March 28th. This is a birthday present from heaven!!! LOL

Thanks, Congrats to you as well. None of my roommates are home so I have nobody to celebrate with… this is not how I pictured it!!!

Tell me about it. I always thought I would scream, dance, yell, and run around (for no reason) when I got my letter. However, I opened mine up in front of parents (still live with them). I read the letter and said, "Sweet. I got accepted." My parents reaction was more pronounced than mine. At the time I dont think it all sunk in. About a week later I woke up one morning and thought, "You actually got into pharmacy school, and did it on your first try." I then got up and celebrated at about 7 in the morning. Odd isent it?

Tell me about it. I always thought I would scream, dance, yell, and run around (for no reason) when I got my letter. However, I opened mine up in front of parents (still live with them). I read the letter and said, "Sweet. I got accepted." My parents reaction was more pronounced than mine. At the time I dont think it all sunk in. About a week later I woke up one morning and thought, "You actually got into pharmacy school, and did it on your first try." I then got up and celebrated at about 7 in the morning. Odd isent it?

I'm sure I will have that same felling in a couple of days!!! Did you apply anywhere else?

Hi Everyone,

I just received an acceptance letter!! I'm so excitied :). My interview was Feb 28 and I'm in state. I live in Westminster. Can't wait to see everyone Fall '07! Congrats to everyone!

I'm sure I will have that same felling in a couple of days!!! Did you apply anywhere else?

I also applied to Mercer, Midwestern CPG, University of Southern Nevada, and Idaho state. Midwestern and Mercer did not like my PCAT scores and rejected me. Technically I havent been rejected from MW but...its all the same. Idaho rejected me, saying they prefer older applicants with degrees. USN I applied close to the deadline (Its rolling admissions) and I still havent heard back from them (dont expect to). Its funny at the start of the process, I thought colorado was the school I had the least chance of getting accepted to. It was my first choice so I Lucked out I guess.

Hi Everyone,

I just received an acceptance letter!! I'm so excitied :). My interview was Feb 28 and I'm in state. I live in Westminster. Can't wait to see everyone Fall '07! Congrats to everyone!

Which one were you? I too was at the Feb 28th date. I was the dude cracking the jokes with blue shirt and red tie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which one were you? I too was at the Feb 28th date. I was the dude cracking the jokes with blue shirt and red tie.

Hi Shaun,

I remember you :laugh:. I was the quiet blonde, I was wearing a black pant suit and a red dress shirt underneath. We never spoke, so you probably don't remember me.

Hi Shaun,

I remember you :laugh:. I was the quiet blonde, I was wearing a black pant suit and a red dress shirt underneath. We never spoke, so you probably don't remember me.

We have a second lady that remembers you. Shaun....you got skills.

lol! everyone was kind of quiet on my day. i had to get everyone going, relax them. there was too much anxiety and stress. interviews are fun.

i interviewed on the first day of the interview and have heard back from them on monday. well , cu is my first chice , but i dont know if i will change my mind or not if i get accepted there . i will take my time and think about it when the time comes.
good luck

You interviewed on Feb. 9th? Maybe I remember you. I was wearing a grayish suit with a pink shirt under and I have long dark hair. I think I talked to pretty much everyone at that interview so I might know who you are.

I guess I am the only one on SDN to interview on the 12th. I guess I cant be cool like phoenix counter parts and remember people........:(

There were a couple of guys I think from nigeria there interviewing. Very nice guys.... I hope they get in.

I guess I am the only one on SDN to interview on the 12th. I guess I cant be cool like phoenix counter parts and remember people........:(

There were a couple of guys I think from nigeria there interviewing. Very nice guys.... I hope they get in.

I interviewed on the 12th! I was the one in the black cardigan and blue shirt with dark hair that I wore up. I had the exciting task of passing out handouts at the beginning of the presentation.

You interviewed on Feb. 9th? Maybe I remember you. I was wearing a grayish suit with a pink shirt under and I have long dark hair. I think I talked to pretty much everyone at that interview so I might know who you are.
i remebered u . we talked while we were waitng to get in to the waiting room . congrats on ur acceptance.. i was wearing a navy blue suite with a white shirt.
well as for me i just did my secondary interview today and i guss i have to waite for a cople of weeks for the responce . i hope to see you there fall semister.

i remebered u . we talked while we were waitng to get in to the waiting room . congrats on ur acceptance.. i was wearing a navy blue suite with a white shirt.
well as for me i just did my secondary interview today and i guss i have to waite for a cople of weeks for the responce . i hope to see you there fall semister.

Were you the girl who went out with me to eat afterwords and hung out with me for a while before the interview? Good luck to you. Hope you hear soon!

I interviewed on the 12th! I was the one in the black cardigan and blue shirt with dark hair that I wore up. I had the exciting task of passing out handouts at the beginning of the presentation.

What group were you in? I think I might know who you are. I remember talking to a girl who went to Colorado for undergrad and was in her 20's. I was the tall guy with a grey suit/ grey shirt. I'll bet money that I was the youngest person there, if that helps any.

Were you the girl who went out with me to eat afterwords and hung out with me for a while before the interview? Good luck to you. Hope you hear soon!
i think u took me for another person, well we were sitting toghter befoure the interview and hint , it was me and my friend and he was asking you where he has seen you befoure, he finally told you that you had an intervew at usn in henderson nevada . ok ok i am from atlanta .

i think u took me for another person, well we were sitting toghter befoure the interview and hint , it was me and my friend and he was asking you where he has seen you befoure, he finally told you that you had an intervew at usn in henderson nevada . ok ok i am from atlanta .

How was your 2nd interview?

My first interview was on Mar 5..
And my friend who is non-native speaker had her first interview on Mar 12, and she got the call today too..
Thank you very much~~:)

How was your 2nd interview?

Right, I know exactly who you are. How are you? Did your friend get accepted? Still, good luck!

What group were you in? I think I might know who you are. I remember talking to a girl who went to Colorado for undergrad and was in her 20's. I was the tall guy with a grey suit/ grey shirt. I'll bet money that I was the youngest person there, if that helps any.

I was in group 1 I think. We were sitting in the back of the room closest to the entrance. Yup, I'm 24 and probably mentioned that I go to school at UCD. I'm easy to identify since I think I was one of the few who didn't have a suit jacket.

Youngest? How old are you? There were some other people there that seemed pretty young, like they were 19 or 20.

I question the 19 and 20 year olds commitment to pharmacy. I've never met a mature 19 or 20 year old. Just my opinion, don't start flaming me.

I question the 19 and 20 year olds commitment to pharmacy. I've never met a mature 19 or 20 year old. Just my opinion, don't start flaming me.

Why would you question their commitment? Just curious. At any rate, I guess we wont be hanging out much then. I suppose that jump from 20 to 21 makes a world of difference. I turn 21 in december....I am almost mature!

Why would you question their commitment? Just curious. At any rate, I guess we wont be hanging out much then. I suppose that jump from 20 to 21 makes a world of difference. I turn 21 in december....I am almost mature!

Oh it does! You can drink and rent cars at very inflated rates and you become magically more mature and responsible.

Tons of people make huge commitments when they're young and stick with it. Hey, making it through two semesters of OChem is enough commitment for me. ;)

Oh it does! You can drink and rent cars at very inflated rates and you become magically more mature and responsible.

Tons of people make huge commitments when they're young and stick with it. Hey, making it through two semesters of OChem is enough commitment for me. ;)

I guess if I am not committed then I am just hurting myself right? Yeah, I think I got you mistaken with someone else. I think my group was the second group closest to the entrance. O'well.....I'll get to meet you in the fall so its all good I guess.:D

I was very mature as a 19 year old, because I had a child and a husband. Most 19 year olds are very immature, but there are some that are more mature than some 25-26 year olds that I know.

Hey guys!
This is my first post but I have been reading all your posts...anyways I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I am a non-native and out of state student and I had my first interview on Feb 9th and my second interview during spring break. I guess they are going to start replying all non native speakers now...so everyone waiting for a reply...hang in there.
Crystal, you were discussing with me after the quantitative and biology test about one quantitative question...i think we were off by a decimal or something like that....do you remember me?
I cant wait to meet you guys in August!

I was very mature as a 19 year old, because I had a child and a husband. Most 19 year olds are very immature, but there are some that are more mature than some 25-26 year olds that I know.

Well said.

Congrats Ravish for getting in.

Hey guys!
This is my first post but I have been reading all your posts...anyways I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I am a non-native and out of state student and I had my first interview on Feb 9th and my second interview during spring break. I guess they are going to start replying all non native speakers now...so everyone waiting for a reply...hang in there.
Crystal, you were discussing with me after the quantitative and biology test about one quantitative question...i think we were off by a decimal or something like that....do you remember me?

Yes! I remember you. I guess it was ok with the admissions committee that I missed one question on the quantitative. What is a decimal or two off anyway? I was so worried. I am so excited to see you again in August.

Hey guys!

Congratulations Ravish1130!! I'm also non-native.. I'm glad they're finally sending out letters.. What is your stats? and How long have you been living here in the U.S.? and in which state do you live?

Has anyone got a rejection letter or been waitlisted? I have a feeling that I will be waitlisted or denied (don't want to think that way) since I haven't got a call for a phone interview. I wonder what the problems were with my interview..I thought it went pretty well except for the group discussion.. well, it's too early to give up though.. I hope I can find out in a few days.. I live in NY so it would take a little more time to get here if they had sent mine this time.. :(

Waiting is so painful.. I'm gonna get a stroke or a heart attack soon!!

[LECTURE]

You guys could at least wait until after orientation to start pissing each other off. :laugh: You have no idea how CLOSE you're going to be with your classmates. A comment like this is irritating and thoughtless to any 19 or 20 year old. Just because one has an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it should be shared. ;)

It's always a good idea to think before typing or speaking.

[/lecture]

I wasn't taking shots at anyone. Just because I've never met a mature 19/20 year old, doesn't mean that they don't exist. The people I've come across in pre-pharmacy say, "Yah, I totally want to become a pharmacist," and then they blow half their classes. In my opinion, in your younger years, age makes a huge difference in maturity levels. For example, 30 to 35 year olds probably don't differ that much in maturity levels. An 18 to 21 year old, HUGE difference. You can add as many sarcastic remarks as you wish... like I said, it was my opinion!

[LECTURE]

You guys could at least wait until after orientation to start pissing each other off. :laugh: You have no idea how CLOSE you're going to be with your classmates. A comment like this is irritating and thoughtless to any 19 or 20 year old. Just because one has an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it should be shared. ;)

It's always a good idea to think before typing or speaking.

[/lecture]

and comments like "it's always a good idea to think before typing or speaking" isn't an irritating statement? I'm very rational and don't have sympathy for people who get upset over opinions.

I wasn't taking shots at anyone. Just because I've never met a mature 19/20 year old, doesn't mean that they don't exist. The people I've come across in pre-pharmacy say, "Yah, I totally want to become a pharmacist," and then they blow half their classes. In my opinion, in your younger years, age makes a huge difference in maturity levels. For example, 30 to 35 year olds probably don't differ that much in maturity levels. An 18 to 21 year old, HUGE difference. You can add as many sarcastic remarks as you wish... like I said, it was my opinion!

Easy killer. It is your opinion and I respect that. I never lashed out or said your an idiot for having that opinion. I dident understand it and thats why I asked. I am a pretty laid back guy so its gonna take a little more than an internet post to ruffle my feathers. I totally agree that there are alot of people out there who think the whole pharmacy thing is an easy task. I know a couple people like that in my class. Based on the little info I have about you, I dident and still dont understand..... but O'well. Dont take the sarcasm personally. I am a sarcastic person. See ya tomorrow.

It's all good! I look forward to meeting you, Nick.

I got in! my mom gave me the envelope while I was taking a nap during my lunchtime (CVS pharm down the street from my house). So excited. Wish everyone who is still waiting for a letter the best of the luck! Im from out of state with a overall gpa of 3.67

Yes! I remember you. I guess it was ok with the admissions committee that I missed one question on the quantitative. What is a decimal or two off anyway? I was so worried. I am so excited to see you again in August.
I'm pretty sure that I had got that one wrong...and I kept telling you that its only one question!:)

Congratulations Ravish1130!! I'm also non-native.. I'm glad they're finally sending out letters.. What is your stats? and How long have you been living here in the U.S.? and in which state do you live?

My overall GPA is 3.78 (it will be really low after the end of this semester) and I live in Arlington, TX and I have been here since 4 years. And dont worry, may be you are one of those who does not require the second interview...I remember them telling us that only some of us might have to go thru the second interview. Just hang in there!

Hi everyone. I'm a first-time poster - kind of didn't want to "jinx" myself by posting before I heard back about school. But I just got my acceptance letter to CU this week! Just wanted to say congrats to everyone that's already been accepted and looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall.:luck:

Congratulations! Where are you from?

I actually live in the Denver area. Grew up and did my undergrad in Nebraska, then moved to CO and have been here for 5 years -- yep I'm kind of an "oldie." So it will be interesting going back to school.... But I'm really looking forward to it.