University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We just got an update on the move out to Anchutz. Apparently the P2 and P3 classes will be at the 9th ave campus through the entire fall semester of 07, and then moving out to Anchutz over winter break. The email also mentioned that the move schedule for next year's P1 class has yet to be finalized. I'd guess that means you'll move out there sometime mid semester.

Why do you say mid semester? Really hope we can just start out at Anchutz. Planning on buying a house in the southern Aurora/Parker area and it'd probably be an easier drive to Fitz. At least it won't be for longer than a semester. I'm curious about how it will work for the professors. I'm assuming the P1 classes are taught by profs who only work with P1s other wise they'd have drive back and forth between the campuses.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you say mid semester? Really hope we can just start out at Anchutz. Planning on buying a house in the southern Aurora/Parker area and it'd probably be an easier drive to Fitz. At least it won't be for longer than a semester. I'm curious about how it will work for the professors. I'm assuming the P1 classes are taught by profs who only work with P1s other wise they'd have drive back and forth between the campuses.

We just got an email from Catherine Jarvis. She said that "the move schedule for next year’s new P1 class has not yet been finalized so please note that the information above does not apply to that class". The information above confirmed that the P2 and P3 classes next year would move over the winter break. I'll believe it when I see it, honestly.

I'm guessing mid semester since they have been slowly moving the date back for the rest of us. At first they told us the beginning of fall 07, then mid semester, and now over winter break. Some of the p1 profs only teach p1 classes, but a fair number of them don't. Last we heard they were trying to move all the prof offices out to the new campus over the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll believe it when I see it, honestly.

My thoughts exactly. They've been pushing the date back for so long and giving rather vague answers for the move date that I won't be convinced we're moving till I have my first class out there. Frankly I'd be more than happy if they didn't move us out there till the summer of '08.

My thoughts exactly. They've been pushing the date back for so long and giving rather vague answers for the move date that I won't be convinced we're moving till I have my first class out there. Frankly I'd be more than happy if they didn't move us out there till the summer of '08.

I think because of this I am going to live in Denver but sort of in between the 2 campuses. I already have a job once I move up there that is in the middle of the 2 campuses. I wish it was more certain but this is all you really can do in the mean time, right?

hello , guys i have posted some questions concerning students who speak english as a second language
is there anyone who has heard from the school so far, with or without the secondary interview.
inshort has any one who speaks english as a second language heard back form the school:confused:

I think because of this I am going to live in Denver but sort of in between the 2 campuses. I already have a job once I move up there that is in the middle of the 2 campuses. I wish it was more certain but this is all you really can do in the mean time, right?

Do you mind if i ask what day your interview was?

Hey Everyone,
I'm sorry I haven't responded recently. My Comcast High Speed Internet hasn't been the most reliable over the past couple of weeks. I'm sure everyone has had a similar experience. I just wanted to congratulate everyone who has been accepted already, and let everyone else know that there is still time for acceptance. Don't stress too much because you never know if that letter will be in your mailbox tomorrow. It's good to see that everyone is already making plans and preparing for the Fall, because that is all that I have been doing over the past week or so. I mailed in all of the acceptance paperwork minus the Immunization Records earlier this week, so I'm a little worried about everything being received on time without being lost. I think that I'll have to call the Student Assistance number to make sure everything was received. I hope that the information is kept on file. Well, again I want to say congratulations to everyone who was accepted and I will see you all in the Fall!

hello , guys i have posted some questions concerning students who speak english as a second language
is there anyone who has heard from the school so far, with or without the secondary interview.
inshort has any one who speaks english as a second language heard back form the school:confused:

Pharm11, i am in the same boat as you are...but don't worry. We will find out soon. good luck to you too. Also, when I talk to the front desk lady...she told me that we would find out after the do all the secondary interview are over with. Their decision will be made on April 1st.

Did u have the 2nd interview?

This is for the current students: What's the parking situation at 9th and Colorado? I tried calling student services but they can't give me a clear answer on it. The website indicates that there is a waitlist and that it's difficult to get a spot. Just worried because they told me they won't be able to tell us what campus we'll be at until August and last thing I want is come August 17th I'm circling the area freaking out over where to park because at the last second they decided to keep us at 9th and Colorado.

The joys of a city campus. :rolleyes:

Where exactly is the new campus? Can anyone give me an address?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ask how many out of state students CO interviewed? Close to the first week of April and still no letter :(

Did anyone ask how many out of state students CO interviewed? Close to the first week of April and still no letter :(

relax, the rest of us will get it the first week of april.

It's right at Colfax and I-225. Driving on I-225 you can't miss it because it's part of a massive hospital complex. It's kinda out towards DIA. Here's a link that shows a map of the campus and all of the streets nearby.

http://www.uchsc.edu/fitzsimons/images/maps/FitzMap.pdf

Do you have an actual address? I appreciate the help, but I'm not familiar with the area other than interviewing at the school. I need an exact address to see how far it is away from my cousin that I will be living with for the first year.

Also, for anyone interested, I called the school today and they just received all of my papers from the acceptance. I sent them Friday and they received them Monday (3/26).

13001 E. 17th Place
Aurora, CO 80011

Also, for anyone interested, I called the school today and they just received all of my papers from the acceptance. I sent them Friday and they received them Monday (3/26).

I called today and they said they recieved mine as well.

:confused: Attached is a link to the zip code map of Denver. Could you advise future UOCOP students what areas to avoid for housing purposes. Thank you!

http://www.denverrealestateonline.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=541736&NF=1

The link is broken. :)

The answer to that question is going to depend on a lot of things. I personally like an urban environment and actively hate the suburbs. Other's have kids and move to where the school system meets their standards.

General rules of thumb: at least six blocks away from and south of Colfax; southern sections of Aurora are usually safer than the northern ones; Lakewood, Littleton, parts of Englewood, Centennial, Westminster, Louisville, Broomfield, Parker, Douglas County are all pretty affluent suburbs - but the commute to Fitz will be pretty brutal from all except Parker; and for people who like the city - Capitol Hill (where I live), the area around the Ninth Av campus, Congress Park, Cherry Creek/Country Club (for the heiresses in the forum), Stapleton (for the gay trust-babies in the forum), Washington Park, Platte Park, Mayfair, Highlands (up and coming neighborhood outside of Downtown, not to be confused with Highland's RANCH), and Sloan's Lake are all livable and generally safe.

Denver Metro is really pretty large. I'd recommend coming out and looking around. It's my understanding that, once you find a place you like, you can call that city's police department to get an idea of the crime rate in the area (I know that service exists for Aurora, it may or may not for Denver or other cities).

Denver is a pretty safe city. The only parts of town that make me nervous are Colfax and Five Points at night. I think some parts of Aurora are dicey, but I never go there.

Whoa.. thanks a lot! That's a huge help.

The link is broken. :)

The answer to that question is going to depend on a lot of things. I personally like an urban environment and actively hate the suburbs. Other's have kids and move to where the school system meets their standards.

General rules of thumb: at least six blocks away from and south of Colfax; southern sections of Aurora are usually safer than the northern ones; Lakewood, Littleton, parts of Englewood, Centennial, Westminster, Louisville, Broomfield, Parker, Douglas County are all pretty affluent suburbs - but the commute to Fitz will be pretty brutal from all except Parker; and for people who like the city - Capitol Hill (where I live), the area around the Ninth Av campus, Congress Park, Cherry Creek/Country Club (for the heiresses in the forum), Stapleton (for the gay trust-babies in the forum), Washington Park, Platte Park, Mayfair, Highlands (up and coming neighborhood outside of Downtown, not to be confused with Highland's RANCH), and Sloan's Lake are all livable and generally safe.

Denver Metro is really pretty large. I'd recommend coming out and looking around. It's my understanding that, once you find a place you like, you can call that city's police department to get an idea of the crime rate in the area (I know that service exists for Aurora, it may or may not for Denver or other cities).

Denver is a pretty safe city. The only parts of town that make me nervous are Colfax and Five Points at night. I think some parts of Aurora are dicey, but I never go there.

Thanks alot Twester

Thanks alot Twester, that helps out alot. You and Patmcd Have been a huge help in relieving some of the stresses that come along with the entire process.

Pharm11, i am in the same boat as you are...but don't worry. We will find out soon. good luck to you too. Also, when I talk to the front desk lady...she told me that we would find out after the do all the secondary interview are over with. Their decision will be made on April 1st.

Did u have the 2nd interview?
no i did not , i didnot have a secndary interview . that is what has bothered me . what about u , did u have the secondary interview .

To all the Phoenicians,
Crystal brought it up that we should have a celebratory dinner. Who is down for that?

To all the Phoenicians,
Crystal brought it up that we should have a celebratory dinner. Who is down for that?

I am down. It would be nice to know a couple faces when we get down there. During the weekend would be best for me. I get off at 9 on fridays and 6 on Saturday and sunday. What about you guys?

I am down. It would be nice to know a couple faces when we get down there. During the weekend would be best for me. I get off at 9 on fridays and 6 on Saturday and sunday. What about you guys?

My schedule is quite similar. I get off Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 6:30.. I live around 75th and Thunderbird. How about next weekend - 6, 7 or 8th?

Pharm11~~
Have you got my message?
I sent you one last night and might have made some mistakes..
because I was very drunk.. :oops:

Anyway.. check that message.. and let's share some information.

;)

My schedule is quite similar. I get off Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 6:30.. I live around 75th and Thunderbird. How about next weekend - 6, 7 or 8th?

Ok. Lets do it on a Saturday night. I get off work at 6:00pm so maybe 7 or 7:30pm would work out. So is Saturday the 7th OK?!? I am excited!

Thanks alot Twester, that helps out alot. You and Patmcd Have been a huge help in relieving some of the stresses that come along with the entire process.

Glad to help. See you guys in the Fall - depending on the Fitz situation, of course. It's weird to think that we won't have P1s in the building to haze and pull pranks on. :) Oh wait, that's juvenile, unprofessional and prohibited. Damn...

We won't be in the same building?

Phoenicians, Saturday works for me. 8:30-9ish would work best for me.

Glad to help. See you guys in the Fall - depending on the Fitz situation, of course. It's weird to think that we won't have P1s in the building to haze and pull pranks on. :) Oh wait, that's juvenile, unprofessional and prohibited. Damn...

Juvenile? Nah, I wouldent say so. I'd put up with the hazing, its all in good clean fun. Well....that and having gone through it would give me a green light to do it for the next three years!:smuggrin:

April is a couple days away! Good luck to all the others who havent heard yet.

The 7th at 8:30-9:00 sounds good to me. Question is where?

Anybody else hear from Colorado yet? Hopefully this week if not.

We won't be in the same building?

The "plan" as it was last told to us was that the P1 class would be out at the new campus part time, it not full time, before the P2 and P3 classes. Its still unclear if next year's P1 class will actually start at anschutz or move there sometime during the year. Currently the P2 and P3 classes won't be moving out to anschutz until winter break.

Anybody else hear from Colorado yet? Hopefully this week if not.

Still waiting :(

You think if we're denied, they'll automatically send us a rejection email on the first week?

hi, guys~ :)
this is my first time to post a message..
I am a non-native English speaker, and I got the message from the school today for the 2nd phone interview.. I am going to have it this Thursday..
I am not sure if it is good news for me.. :confused: but..
I was so worried because I did not hear anything from the school until today..
I thought I was denied..

Anyway.. congratulations for those who are accepted..

I am a non-native English speaker, and I got the message from the school today for the 2nd phone interview.. I am going to have it this Thursday..
I thought I was denied..

Anyway.. congratulations for those who are accepted..

well guess they lied about finishing w/ the acceptances on april 1st. :laugh:

well guess they lied about finishing w/ the acceptances on april 1st. :laugh:

In my interview they said, ".... the first week of April."

Has anyone that has been accepted who sent in their papers heard anything back from the school yet?

Has anyone that has been accepted who sent in their papers heard anything back from the school yet?

i meant done w/ making the decisions on acceptances/rejections/waitlist, not sending out acceptances.

but if the 2nd interview is on a thursday, then that poster won't hear until a week or 2 later.

guess the other non-native speakers didn't do so hot like me so they had to call more :laugh:

I haven't heard anything from them. I'm guessing we won't hear much more from them until June... or perhaps whenever they want us to start ponying up the tuition :rolleyes: .

I thought I was denied..

When was your 1st interview? Good luck to you, be ready an prepared for so intense question. Just be ready to support your answers.

They told us in the interview the first week of april also. Shaun I havent heard from them either. I called them and they said that they had all my paperwork. So..... i dont know what the next step is. Maybe twester or Patmcd can shed some light........ What's next?

When was your 1st interview? Good luck to you, be ready an prepared for so intense question. Just be ready to support your answers.

My first interview was on Mar 5..
And my friend who is non-native speaker had her first interview on Mar 12, and she got the call today too..
Thank you very much~~:)

They told us in the interview the first week of april also. Shaun I havent heard from them either. I called them and they said that they had all my paperwork. So..... i dont know what the next step is. Maybe twester or Patmcd can shed some light........ What's next?

They probably won't send anything your way for a few weeks, until they have a pretty good idea who is going to be in next year's P1 class. Eventually they'll send you a big packet of paper work and info for next year.

hello
for those who had the secondary interview, how was it like , i mean wht did they ask? was is more like the first interview or what? plz post all your experiances out here .
thak u

hello
for those who had the secondary interview, how was it like , i mean wht did they ask? was is more like the first interview or what? plz post all your experiances out here .
thak u

So, did they call u for the 2nd interview?
It was very intense for me. I thought it was harder than the 1st interview. There is no way to prepare for it. Just be prepared to back up your answers. It is very intense! But, just relax she just want to get to know u, and to see if she could understand you. Good Luck.
I still haven't heard anything....im dying of frustration...!

They probably won't send anything your way for a few weeks, until they have a pretty good idea who is going to be in next year's P1 class. Eventually they'll send you a big packet of paper work and info for next year.

If I remember correctly, I sent in my paperwork then waited all summer for other information about orientation. I started to wonder if I really had been accepted or if I'd dreamt it all up. :laugh: It was pretty frustrating.

Be patient, everyone. August will get here before you know it. After August comes November when you'll start wondering what the hell you've gotten yourself into (at least that's how long it took me). It's all good, just let time march on is all I'm saying. :)

So, did they call u for the 2nd interview?
It was very intense for me. I thought it was harder than the 1st interview. There is no way to prepare for it. Just be prepared to back up your answers. It is very intense! But, just relax she just want to get to know u, and to see if she could understand you. Good Luck.
I still haven't heard anything....im dying of frustration...!
hi there when did u interview for the secondary interview?