University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I got my acceptance in the mail on April 7th. My mom called me after I got off of work to let me know I got a letter from Colorado. She opened the letter and I started to tear up when I heard the words on the letter. I am so happy and relieved and I can't wait to see all of you in the fall. Hey Shaun and Crystal, it was great celebrating with you guys on Saturday night at the bar and we have to go out to celebrate again. Congratulations to all who have been accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to you and the rest that just recieved their acceptance letter!!!

hello guys , i just did my secondary interview on the 04/05/07 which is last thursday. is there anyone who have an appointement for a later day than mine . i just wanna know if we were the last group of people that they conducted the secondary intervew for.
and how long do u think it will take them to reply back to us

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, I know exactly who you are. How are you? Did your friend get accepted? Still, good luck!
hello , how are you? cograts on your acceptance. how does it feel to be in
i am going inpatient wating.
hope to see you this fall

Hi- I applied to CU for this year, but didn't get an interview. I just got an email from Beverly Brunson about some Summer Honors Program. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Hi guys,
I also received an acceptance letter last week...I'm an out-of-stater and interviewed Mar 14th. I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone in August :)
For those who haven't heard anything yet, don't stress too much; when I called earlier in the week they indicated letters will be going out until the 3rd week in April!
Best of luck to all and hope to see you in the fall :D

Congrats, where are you from?

Hi guys,
I also received an acceptance letter last week...I'm an out-of-stater and interviewed Mar 14th. I'm so excited and can't wait to meet everyone in August :)
For those who haven't heard anything yet, don't stress too much; when I called earlier in the week they indicated letters will be going out until the 3rd week in April!
Best of luck to all and hope to see you in the fall :D

Congrats! There have been alot of OS students posting. Where are all the in state students?

Got my acceptance today (interviewed 3/12; acceptance letter dated 3/29). I've already committed to UCSF, so for everyone who's still waiting, I'm freeing up an extra seat. :)

And for those who had questions about it, I am a non-native and wasn't asked to do a secondary interview.

Got my acceptance today (interviewed 3/12; acceptance letter dated 3/29). I've already committed to UCSF, so for everyone who's still waiting, I'm freeing up an extra seat. :)

And for those who had questions about it, I am a non-native and wasn't asked to do a secondary interview.

congrats jun

More congrats to everyone! Hopefully all of you out-of-staters will have a great time here in Denver. Happy apartment hunting to all of you over the next few months. :D

Any recommendations or suggestions for apt hunting? I dont even know where to begin.. Craiglist?

Twester made an excellent post summarizing Denver where to live (or not).

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4955813&postcount=371

The best advice is come out to Denver and get a look around. There are a lot of apartments in the area but it's near impossibly to judge them unless you come out and see them. The apartment I used to live in that was in Aurora looked decent enough in pictures, but was a real crap hole in person. Use rent.com, apartments.com, check in with UCHSC because I want to say they help with finding apartments and could probably recommend a rental agency you could use.

Members don't see this ad :)
Twester made an excellent post summarizing Denver where to live (or not).

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4955813&postcount=371

The best advice is come out to Denver and get a look around. There are a lot of apartments in the area but it's near impossibly to judge them unless you come out and see them. The apartment I used to live in that was in Aurora looked decent enough in pictures, but was a real crap hole in person. Use rent.com, apartments.com, check in with UCHSC because I want to say they help with finding apartments and could probably recommend a rental agency you could use.

It will definately be a change from Arizona. I havent been exposed to snow. The only snow I have seen was artificially made when I went snowboarding this last winter. It seems to me Denver has more things to do than phoenix. Searching for an apartment isent going to good. I think I am going to go to the housing fair on the 20th to check things out.

Congrats, where are you from?
Thanks! :)
I'm from upstate NY...can't wait to head out to CO!
Is anyone else coming out from the Northeast? It seems like everyone's from AZ! :p

hello guys , i just did my secondary interview on the 04/05/07 which is last thursday. is there anyone who have an appointement for a later day than mine . i just wanna know if we were the last group of people that they conducted the secondary intervew for.
and how long do u think it will take them to reply back to us

I had it on the same day..
I think she just wanted to check my English ability..
have you heard about anybody who had a secondary interview then denied??
I hope we can hear from them as soon as possible..
I can't do anything these days..:scared:

hello , how are you? cograts on your acceptance. how does it feel to be in
i am going inpatient wating.
hope to see you this fall

I can't lie, it feels great! I don't have to worry about getting A's in all my classes. In fact I only have to finish Microbiology with a C. It is wonderful. I do feel for you though. I hope you hear soon. Did you interview anywhere else? Is this your first year applying?

Thanks! :)
I'm from upstate NY...can't wait to head out to CO!
Is anyone else coming out from the Northeast? It seems like everyone's from AZ! :p

I am from Dallas, TX but there are quite a few of them from Phoenix...SUNS fans?

Then you can just stay in AZ :p

Are you a Nuggets fan? I would go to a Nuggets game if they were either playing the Suns or the Mavericks. Although, I am very impressed with the Nuggets this season. Did I see that tied with the Lakers? Maybe they aren't so shabby after all.

I guess since I am going to be in CO for 4 years I may need to make some adjustments. We'll see.

Suns fan all the way. Whatever happens I will not become a Nuggets fan.

The real important issue is if you can become a Broncos fan. People here are serious about their Broncos and John Elway worship.

I've been a Suns fan since I was born. I've never had any problems with the Nuggest as we beat them most times!

Are you a Nuggets fan? I would go to a Nuggets game if they were either playing the Suns or the Mavericks. Although, I am very impressed with the Nuggets this season. Did I see that tied with the Lakers? Maybe they aren't so shabby after all.

Yea...the Nuggets team is getting better with every game...but its Dallas Mavs all the way...its either Mavs or Suns to me...but its Mavs first and then Suns...may be we all can go when the Nuggets are playing the Suns or the Mavs.
GO MAVS!!!

I've been a Suns fan since I was born. I've never had any problems with the Nuggest as we beat them most times!

Im a diehard Lakers fan. I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey to the Pepsi Center when I have the chance. Too bad the nuggets have been owning them lately :(

The real important issue is if you can become a Broncos fan. People here are serious about their Broncos and John Elway worship.

I guess I just assumed this was understood. All you out of staters know that when you get here you have to go to Broncos indoctrination school right?

I guess I just assumed this was understood. All you out of staters know that when you get here you have to go to Broncos indoctrination school right?

When I moved here I had no clue who Elway was. I'm originally from Chicago so I ignored the existence of the NFL during the 90's since it was just too painful to watch the Bears so I failed to notice the Broncos won a Superbowl or two.

All I knew was that John Elway apparently sold a lot of Ford pick up trucks. :laugh:

Oh! That's another fun thing about living in Denver, when you watch South Park you understand some of it a lot better. Casa Bonita, Colfax, Five Points and other references suddenly make a lot more sense. My husband works with people who went to the same school as one of the guys who made South Park so they know the real people that some of the characters were based off of. I also met someone who knew the real Chef.

Im a diehard Lakers fan. I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey to the Pepsi Center when I have the chance. Too bad the nuggets have been owning them lately :(

You and me both. I can see it now, two yellow jerseys in a sea of light blue. :laugh:

Kobe > the rest of the NBA.

I hate the Lakers, but I will agree, Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Too bad Nash has won the MVP the last two years. Being the best and being the most valuable is a huge difference.

I hate the Lakers, but I will agree, Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Too bad Nash has won the MVP the last two years. There's a huge distinction between being the best and being the most valuable. I'd pick the latter if I had to put together a team. Not to mention, the Suns beat the Lakers last year in the playoffs with No Amare, No Kurt Thomas and a bunch of horrible calls.

I hate the Lakers, but I will agree, Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Too bad Nash has won the MVP the last two years. Being the best and being the most valuable is a huge difference.

I agree with Shaun....Kobe is the best player in the NBA...too bad the Lakers cant win...but this season its all about Dirk...he has got to be the MVP this season....Nash has been outstanding too but I dont think he will be the MVP for the 3rd consecutive year.

I agree with Shaun....Kobe is the best player in the NBA...too bad the Lakers cant win...but this season its all about Dirk...he has got to be the MVP this season....Nash has been outstanding too but I dont think he will be the MVP for the 3rd consecutive year.

Lakers teaming Kobe up with KG next year. book it :p

Glad to hear theres basketball fans in the upcoming p1 class. I'm so excited now...

Heck ya, we can study at Hooters while the game is on!

I hate the Lakers, but I will agree, Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now. Too bad Nash has won the MVP the last two years. There's a huge distinction between being the best and being the most valuable. I'd pick the latter if I had to put together a team. Not to mention, the Suns beat the Lakers last year in the playoffs with No Amare, No Kurt Thomas and a bunch of horrible calls.

I am not so sure Nash should be the MVP. I will admit he is a good player, but I dont believe the hype. There is a huge difference between what Nash does for the suns and what kobe does for the lakers. Nash has players like marion and barbosa to help him out. Kobe has luke walton and Smush Parker. If Nash left the suns, they would still probably make the playoffs. If Kobe left the Lakers, they would probably be the worst team in the NBA.

AI and Melo are decent players as well. It's too bad they cant seem to play together. Kobe and KG on the other hand.....those are next years Finals Champs.

kobe_over_nash.jpg

Unfortunately I dont think the Lakers will be able to make much noise in the playoffs this season. The Lakers are spiraling down quickly and are in danger of losing a playoff spot.

Does anyone happen to play? Maybe we can start some pickup games everyone in awhile

Yea...the Nuggets team is getting better with every game...but its Dallas Mavs all the way...its either Mavs or Suns to me...but its Mavs first and then Suns...may be we all can go when the Nuggets are playing the Suns or the Mavs.
GO MAVS!!![/quote]

Totally!!! We can go to both games if school allows us to.:)

I am not a big football fan. Probably since our team (the Cardinals) aren't the greatest. They spent so much money building to new Cardinals stadium to get more excited fans but it didn't make the team any better. lol.

Anyone here like to do outdoor activities such as kayaking, rock climbing and camping? To be honest this was a big reason why I wanted to go to Colorado (besides the awesome cirriculum :p). I love the outdoors...

Anyone here like to do outdoor activities such as kayaking, rock climbing and camping? To be honest this was a big reason why I wanted to go to Colorado (besides the awesome cirriculum :p). I love the outdoors...

Does snowboarding count? I have lived in the city my whole life and my parents are not the outdoor type. I'd love to go camping or kayaking. It sounds like a blast to me. I dont know if I would be down for rock climbing though.

Sorry crystal, I have to shoot down your predictions. The spurs are probably going to win it this year. It's science.