University of Cincinnati c/o 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stargirl50 said:
There is a new rec center on the undergrad campus... I think it just opened. Im not sure though, I was hoping someone else would answer. :) i go to a gym that's closer to where i live. but i do know that people in my class play pickup bball pretty often as well as intermural with the undergrads.

How far is the medical school from ugrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Freakedout said:
How far is the medical school from ugrad?

The undergrad campus is just a couple streets west of the medical center, probably about a half a mile to a mile away, but Clifton is extremely hilly and therefore difficult to navigate by foot. Plus its not the best neighborhood in the world, so if you are used to taking leisurley walks alone at night, I would recommend living someplace like hyde park where the the crime rate is a lot lower.

I am lucky enough to have already found a place for next year! Stetson Square is a new complex with apartments and condos going up right across the street from the University Hospital and the medical school. These places are really nice and brand new! The drawback is that it is still mostly under construction and there are a very limited number of units that will be available by the time August 7th rolls around and its time to start orientation! The website for the complex is www.stetsonsquare.com, check it out!

Also just finished filling out the first round of paperwork for financial aid stuff.. quite the chore, especially for a guy like me who has never done any of this before. It's scary to really think about how much debt accumilates over the four years.. even in state! I keep telling myself it will all work out in the end, but 40 some thousand dollars a year is fairly hard to swallow!

Can't wait for it all to begin!

Nick

irishnickname said:
It's scary to really think about how much debt accumilates over the four years.. even in state! I keep telling myself it will all work out in the end, but 40 some thousand dollars a year is fairly hard to swallow!

Can't wait for it all to begin!

Imagine for us out-of-state folks! (for the first year, at least). The debt will be something else! But even then I'm totally in the same mindset as you; I can't wait for it to begin either! I didn't get in the first time I applied, and I've been sitting at home after college, in this "year of exile", so I'm more than ready to finally "get back in the game", and get this show on the road! :D I'm so happy I didn't even have to get in through the waitlist this time, UCinn let me in through the front door, welcome mat intact! Who else is hella excited!? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a workout room near the cafeteria which is limited to med students use. It is minimal in what it has, but it is enough for most workouts (ellipitcal, treadmill, lots of free weights dumbells). The new building will have a very nice facility when completed, possibly before (I helped advise on it). The holmes center (across the street from the MSB) also had a workout facility, but I didn't use it so I'm not sure it is still there, but I assume it is.

Lastly, ugrad campus has a very very nice facility that is amazing. you can get to it via the shuttle or by walking (avoid at night), but it is about 1mi from the hospital.

This is a question for those of you who are at UCinn Med at the moment --

I have a couple of friends who just got into UC Law, and I wonder where the Law school is in realtion to the Medical school? Also does anyone have any friends who are in the Law school? Do the intense workloads between the two schools prevent med students from getting to know and become friends with law students? I know this is a random question, but I am just curious..

Thanks!

Just thought of another quick question --

So I have submitted all of my financial aid info, including fafsa, uc application, and master promissory note.. What happens next in the process? Will I recieve my aid package early because I have my application complete early? Also, is it worthwile to go ahead and apply for the extra ~4 grand in private loans above the maximum of $38,500 that you can recieve a year through Stafford loans? Is there a way to apply for those fund but then cancel them if at the end of the year I find out that they will not be necessary?

The whole financial aid thing is still somewhat of a mystery to me, even though I have tried to read up on the whole process!

irishnickname said:
This is a question for those of you who are at UCinn Med at the moment --

I have a couple of friends who just got into UC Law, and I wonder where the Law school is in realtion to the Medical school? Also does anyone have any friends who are in the Law school? Do the intense workloads between the two schools prevent med students from getting to know and become friends with law students? I know this is a random question, but I am just curious..

Thanks!

Ok so I just looked at a campus map.. apparently the Law school is the building furthest away from the Med schoo. I have also heard rumors of a Malpractice Formal.. can anyone substantiate this as fact?

Ok, so this in like my fifth post in a row or something, but this time I am just trying to get the forum to recognize that there are new posts and show up as shuch.. here we go.

Hey there hopeful UCCOM Class of 2010 Medical Students. I just wanted to see how everyone else's status was coming. I ask because I interviewed back in the first week of February and was told today that I've been assigned to the Alternate List. I immediately called the Dean and spoke with him at length about what such a designation means and the options staring at me. I am still awaiting word from a number of other schools in regards to acceptance (post-interview) but have UC as my #1. According to the office of admission, there is a difference between being waitlisted and being an alternate. I guess every year about 20-25 students are plucked from the alternate list when others who have been extended acceptance either fail to reply or choose to go elsewhere. With that being said, do any of you know the likelihood of actually making it this year from the alternate list? Do any of you have prior experience with this "special" list of student's awaiting acceptances? Thanks for any advice you can offer me...

JamMurray13 said:
Hey there hopeful UCCOM Class of 2010 Medical Students. I just wanted to see how everyone else's status was coming. I ask because I interviewed back in the first week of February and was told today that I've been assigned to the Alternate List. I immediately called the Dean and spoke with him at length about what such a designation means and the options staring at me. I am still awaiting word from a number of other schools in regards to acceptance (post-interview) but have UC as my #1. According to the office of admission, there is a difference between being waitlisted and being an alternate. I guess every year about 20-25 students are plucked from the alternate list when others who have been extended acceptance either fail to reply or choose to go elsewhere. With that being said, do any of you know the likelihood of actually making it this year from the alternate list? Do any of you have prior experience with this "special" list of student's awaiting acceptances? Thanks for any advice you can offer me...

Hey Jam, check your PM....
I think everyone I have talked to, like 20 people on here, have been given the alternate list. I have not heard of anyone getting the wailist. Did you just get a letter saying that they are impressed with your credentials and remain very interested in your application? Or did you get something else saying you were in a special group? I am also alternate listed. So is it possible we will hear before May 15th?

Freakedout said:
Does cinci have a 2nd look day ?

They might not have an official one, but I asked for a second tour and they found a med student to spend an hour with me. I'd ask.

1. the law school is farthest away from the Med Campus
2. You have time to hang w/whomever you please, but trust me it will be your med school friends. Law finals are not the same time frame as med finals, but several med students date law students (my roommate included).
3. Yes, we fund the "Malpractice Mixere" in which we rent out a bar, invite 5 colleges (Law, Nursing, Pharm, Allied Health, and Med), and get rowdy. Usually every spring. The med school is very well known for having rowdy parties and a very good social scene.
4. Don't borrow more money, it isn't needed. If you need money the financial aid office will take care of you. Award letters don't arrive for a while, as they wait for the class to be pseudo finalized.
5. Waitlist, don't know but people do get accepted up until the night before classes start.
6. Good luck to you all.

irishnickname said:

So I have submitted all of my financial aid info, including fafsa, uc application, and master promissory note.. What happens next in the process? Will I recieve my aid package early because I have my application complete early? Also, is it worthwile to go ahead and apply for the extra ~4 grand in private loans above the maximum of $38,500 that you can recieve a year through Stafford loans? Is there a way to apply for those fund but then cancel them if at the end of the year I find out that they will not be necessary?

The whole financial aid thing is still somewhat of a mystery to me, even though I have tried to read up on the whole process!

financial aid is confusing. but just do what they tell you to do and youll get your money.

Members don't see this ad :)
irishnickname said:

ok.... lets try this again. like i said... (but without the rest of what i wrote it sounded reeeeally nasty!) you just do what they tell you to do, and you'll get your money. :) in my experience, the financial aid office has been very easy to work with and seems very organized/ well run. They tell you exactly what you need to do and when.

I had my fin aid stuff in early last year too, and i didnt receive an award letter until june or july. but i don't have any scholarships/uc loans or anything like that... just $38,500 stafford. maybe if you get a scholarship or something they let you know sooner for recruitment purposes but thats just speculation.

as far as the private loans, you really don't need to worry about that yet. you can always take out more money if you need it. but you dont have to apply for those loans at the beginning of the year, you just apply when you need the money.

Gerry McNamara is now officially #1 on my ****-list.

Being from Notre Dame, I have had four years of experience with his rediculous last second circus three pointers to win games that Syracuse has no right winning. I wish I could have called Andy Kennedy during that last time out with 5 seconds to go to tell him not to let McNamara get the ball, no matter what, even if it means putting two guys on him and leaving the guy inbounding the ball uncovered. Here is why - during Syracuse's time-out, Coach Jim Behiem said something along the lines of, "ok, down two, five seconds to go.. get the ball to MacNamara so he can first travel and then heave an absurd three pointer while falling down surrounded by four defenders to win the game.. any questions?"

For those of you non-diehard UC Bearcats basketball fans out there, don't worry about not understanding this rant..

For the rest of you, be happy that Gerry McNamara is graduating this year and will go back to live in a trailer with the rest of his extended family in south-western Pennsylvania, Syracuse basketball will be completely forgotten in the new and incedibly competetive Big East, and our beloved Bearcats will undergo a rennisance under our new coach Andy Kennedy.

irishnickname said:
For those of you non-diehard UC Bearcats basketball fans out there, don't worry about not understanding this rant..

You're right, not having any interest or knowledge of sports, I have no idea what the hell you're ranting about. :p Anyhoo...good look to everyone on the alternate list! :luck:

Messerschmitts said:
You're right, not having any interest or knowledge of sports, I have no idea what the hell you're ranting about. :p Anyhoo...good look to everyone on the alternate list! :luck:

Apparently they are playing word games with the alternate list letters. :mad:

yeah, kind of a strange bball season this year. BUT-- UC plays Ohio State AND Notre Dame next year! Irish, who ya gonna root for? :D

irishnickname said:
Gerry McNamara is now officially #1 on my ****-list.

Being from Notre Dame, I have had four years of experience with his rediculous last second circus three pointers to win games that Syracuse has no right winning. I wish I could have called Andy Kennedy during that last time out with 5 seconds to go to tell him not to let McNamara get the ball, no matter what, even if it means putting two guys on him and leaving the guy inbounding the ball uncovered. Here is why - during Syracuse's time-out, Coach Jim Behiem said something along the lines of, "ok, down two, five seconds to go.. get the ball to MacNamara so he can first travel and then heave an absurd three pointer while falling down surrounded by four defenders to win the game.. any questions?"

For the rest of you, be happy that Gerry McNamara is graduating this year and will go back to live in a trailer with the rest of his extended family in south-western Pennsylvania, Syracuse basketball will be completely forgotten in the new and incedibly competetive Big East, and our beloved Bearcats will undergo a rennisance under our new coach Andy Kennedy.

Well, McNamara cost us the tournament :( I guess the Air Force and other questionable teams count for more than one of the hardest conferences and non-conference schedule. I'm too sad to even continue...

Hey everybody ... just wanted to say that I'm jumping on the ship to UCCOM Class of 2010. For now I am planning on attending unless something happens with the waiting list at some other schools. But I'm not worried about that right now, Bearcats HOOYAH.

Hello everyone, I've just started reading this thread today but I'm trying to decide between Cincinnati and OSU. The only points I have gathered are that the two schools are very similar and tough to decide between. I'm wondering if there is anything about Cincinnati or OSU that stands out and is a point to argue for attending one school over the other.

I know everyone says it will come down to where I think I might fit better. But for me these two schools are so similar it's difficult to say. How have others come to the conclusion that they fit best with UC.

WiggyUD said:
I know everyone says it will come down to where I think I might fit better. But for me these two schools are so similar it's difficult to say. How have others come to the conclusion that they fit best with UC?

Because UC let me in, and OSU didn't? Ha ha ha, sorry couldn't resist. In seriousness, I think the curriculumn between OSU and UC show marked differences. For one thing, UC spreads anatomy out over the first year, whereas OSU concentrates it into the first however many weeks (I don't remember) of school, then everyone "breaks up", with a certain number of students going into the ISP (independent study pathway) programme, and therefore you won't see them very much anymore. Some might say that due to the smaller class size and only one pathway, UC students may feel like they're more cohesive.

But I hope someone else chimes in, I doubt I'm the right person to ask, since I don't have this choice (yet?), and I like OSU a lot.

can someone lay out the 3rd/4th year curr. how many weeks for electives at other places. which ones do we have to do at cinci. you know stuff like that.

Any word on when they're coming? Do you place it just on their website or do you get a hard copy in the mail?

CruiseLover said:
Any word on when they're coming? Do you place it just on their website or do you get a hard copy in the mail?

I got a financial aid booklet several months ago via the mail. However, it's just an "instructions" book. The actual paperwork and applications are online, you do it through MedOneStop, the same website where you check your application status. If you're an accepted student, better step on it! Financial aid stuff is due May 1.

If you're talking about the actual financial aid offer letters, I have no idea, I assume sometime between May 1 and May 15.

Does anyone know what banks are available in Cincinnati, in particular which ones are close to the med school? My current account is with Washington Mutual, but I've been told they don't have a branch in Cincinnati.

US Bank has an ATM in the hospital and a strong presence in Cincy, also 5/3 bank as well, but with 5/3 if you travel a lot does not have a strong national presence (as does US Bank).

As far as 3rd and 4th year cirriculum, during 3rd year you have 2 x 2week electives that you must do in Cincy, then during 4th year you have many months that you can do away rotations if you would like.

Don't sweat cirriculum and stuff like that until you are here as they change ever couple years w/improvements.

I can say as I'm getting ready to graduate, that I really am glad that I went to UC (I'm from out of state, and had 6 schools to choose from), it really really really helped me get my top pick for residency, and would do it again in a heartbeat. :)

I'm a first year at cincy, and here are a few comments about my experience. First off, for those accepted to c/o 2010, congrats! UC is an excellent school, and I can honestly say I'm happy with my decision to go here. For those still choosing b/t schools, hopefully this post will help a little.

This first year has been incredible. I have enjoyed classes much more than I expected coming in. It's true that there is a lot of info to learn, but the first year curriculum is well integrated with labs, clinical cases, and personable, caring faculty that made learning the material much less daunting and actually enjoyable. With maybe only a couple of exceptions, the faculty are fully dedicated and willing to help students really learn and understand the material. They are readily available, very approachable, and probably one of the biggest reasons I have enjoyed this year.

Here are a couple of comments on the grading scale here, as i know pre-meds are always concerned w/ this. In my opinion DO NOT choose a school based on whether it is P/F or H/HP/P/F (like UC's grading scale). In my opinion, the P/F system was created by the private, power schools to reduce competitiveness between students (ie gunners). At UC this is not a problem. All of my classmates are willing to help their peers to succeed, and at UC there is a very friendly, non-competitve attitude amongst students. In fact, I receive daily emails that my classmates send out with useful websites and study guides they've created with the sole purpose of making this available to everyone so that everyone can do their best on exams. Also, I am a procrastinator at heart, and i feel that the extra incentive to get an honors or high pass has motivated me to stay on top of the material. I don't feel that a P/F system would provide this motivation for me. Besides, despite what you may have heard, most P/F schools still keep track of the actual percentage grades for purposes of ranking students in residency apps, which still makes it important to study hard and perform your best at the P/F schools. Take home message: for most students, exams will be stressful at any school, and I don't feel that the H/HP/P/F system here was in any way detrimental to stress levels. If anything, it has helped me learn the material better by offering study incentive.

The construction around UC hasn't affected me at all; I study at home and am only at school for labs and clinical correlations, which are unaffected by the construction.

The area around UC is not any more dangerous than other metropolitan campuses. It depends on your preference: either go to school at a metropolitan campus, which has its advantages with many nearby options for shopping, dining, nightlife, etc and deal with the higher crime rates, or go to a suburban campus with fewer options. For some reason, UC has a bad rep for crime rates. I don't feel it is any worse than going to school at Case or OSU, which people often overlook as being close to some pretty ****ty areas in terms of violent crime.

I have also been very impressed with research opportunity here at UC. My email this winter has been overwhelmed by summer research opportunities sponsored by the school, by uiversity hospital, and by children's hospital. Children's hospital alone is a top 5 pediatric center, and along with this comes mucho research $$$ and high-power research faculty.

Overall, I have been very happy with my choice to go to UC. Good luck all, and I hope this helps.

Thank you so much DocMizzle for your post. And thank you to other current students who have taken the time to post their experiences on this thread (ex.TysonCook). I am currently undecided about where I will attend and your posts have really helped me to feel more comfortable with UC. I thought that it was a great place when I visited but without a second look weekend, your comments are all the more important. I really encourage other students to let us why they love UC!

I received a housing packet in the mail today. Any idea when the financial aid awards are being mailed?

So, I've received the housing booklet from the Student Affairs Office, but I've only been to Cincinnati once in my life (for the interview). What is the safest and closest to campus place to live in? Where do most med students live?

I'm really looking forward to med school starting this August. Still waitlisted at a couple of places, so don't know for sure whether I'm coming here or not. But right now, Cinci is the only school that believes I'm qualified to be a future doctor. :)

Also, I have a car. I assume that it's safer to rent a place with a parking garage. Any ideas where? Thanks a bunch!

I'm from Seattle. Anyone else from Seattle? :D

Hey yall, I I know I'm not exactly all-knowledgable about Cincy, but I did do summer research there and I got some crazy shadowing experience, so I might be able to talk about the attendings and residents.

I got to shadow a surgery resident on his trauma rotation, and an EM resident. Both of those guys were the coolest guys in the earth. I was just a undergrad, freshly out of his freshman year and they let me pull tubes, anestisize gun shot wounds, scrub into surgeries, assit in the amputation of a leg (I actually held the leg and got to flush it with whatever fluid they used to clean it), suture up a guy's chest who didn't make it through a thoracotomy, etc, etc. Now I'm not sure how legal all this was, but the fact was that, they were SO willing to show me everything, and I was a undergrad. Now that is the residents, I also got to shadow two attendings, Dr. Pritz (MD/PhD) and Dr. Johanninngman (was on Discovery Health channel once). Dr. Pritz was cool, and very helpful in explaining things to me, along with explain things to the residents and med students, but Dr. Johanningman was absolutely the coolest. For a busy attending, when I had a question, he would stop everything, turn to me, and explain. And once again, I was an undergrad. Now I did see him CHEW into some nurses or residents for crapping up, but I think they deserved it, lol. Anyway, I had a experiences with a small amount of attendings and residents, but from what I had, I LOVE Cincinnati. The only thing that would keep me from going there is if they didn't accept my fiance.

I hope some of this helped.

Hassler said:
So, I've received the housing booklet from the Student Affairs Office, but I've only been to Cincinnati once in my life (for the interview). What is the safest and closest to campus place to live in? Where do most med students live?

I'm really looking forward to med school starting this August. Still waitlisted at a couple of places, so don't know for sure whether I'm coming here or not. But right now, Cinci is the only school that believes I'm qualified to be a future doctor. :)

Do a thread search, and I'm sure you'll find alot of info about housing. The safest and most popular places are clifton gaslight district, hyde park, mt. adams, mt. lookout. These require a 5-15 minute drive.

There are also some nice condos and apartments across the street from University Hospital on MLK.

So has anyone/everyone received their financial aid award letters yet? I haven't got mine yet and am starting to worry since the May 15 deadline is approaching. I'm going to Cincy almost without a doubt, but would like to know what aid I'm getting before I commit.

Hey everyone, I just received the following e-mail from UC:
Mr. Chen,

Please go into your MedOneStop.uc.edu account and verify your SS#.

Thank you,

Sara J. Fidler, MA
Admissions Officer
College of Medicine Univerisy of Cincinnati

Where in MedOneStop am I supposed to go? I can't find the place to verify my SS.

trb25 said:
So has anyone/everyone received their financial aid award letters yet? I haven't got mine yet and am starting to worry since the May 15 deadline is approaching. I'm going to Cincy almost without a doubt, but would like to know what aid I'm getting before I commit.

No, I haven't received an award letter. Just chill! :p

Any reactions to the housing brochure?

I'm probably going up in early june to look for an apartment. Still trying to decide what neighborhoods to consider. My priorities are (1) proximity, (2) safety, (3) cost.

Oh, and if there are undergrads in my complex I'll probably have to kill them.

ND2005 said:
Any reactions to the housing brochure?

I'm probably going up in early june to look for an apartment. Still trying to decide what neighborhoods to consider. My priorities are (1) proximity, (2) safety, (3) cost.

Oh, and if there are undergrads in my complex I'll probably have to kill them.

Sadly...I've already seen the housing booklet last year, when I was on the UCinn waitlist and never got off it. :p Ah, but this year it actually applies to me! Anyhoo, like you I'm probably going to wait until June to go to look for an apartment. By then I'll have a better idea of how certain other waitlist movements will look.

Are you guys going to send in the roommate listing thing? I'm thinking about it, but still not quite sure if I want a roommate. Not being from the area, it might be good to have a roommate for support.

My priorities are 1.) proximity 2.) cost 3.) atmosphere (things like "cleanliness", spaciousness, and general feel of the neighbourhood).

Messerschmitts said:
Sadly...I've already seen the housing booklet last year, when I was on the UCinn waitlist and never got off it. :p Ah, but this year it actually applies to me! Anyhoo, like you I'm probably going to wait until June to go to look for an apartment. By then I'll have a better idea of how certain other waitlist movements will look.

Are you guys going to send in the roommate listing thing? I'm thinking about it, but still not quite sure if I want a roommate. Not being from the area, it might be good to have a roommate for support.

My priorities are 1.) proximity 2.) cost 3.) atmosphere (things like "cleanliness", spaciousness, and general feel of the neighbourhood).

I was wavering back and forth on the roommate thing. I finally decided not to try for a roommate, b/c like you I'm hoping for some waitlist movement, and I don't want to commit to living with someone and then leave them in the lurch. I think my ideal would be to live in the same building (or on the same floor even) as some other med students, but not to actually live with them.

Hey guys I am currently a second year at UC. So first a big congrats on your acceptance. Secondly, just fflipping through some of your comments, don't worry about award letters yet. Will prolly be out within the next month. May 1 was the current student deadline so they are pretty busy in there right now. Also as far as housing most students either live in the gaslight district (short drive to school) or in hyde park/mt lookout area which is about 10 min from school. Its all a personal preference on area. i live in Hyde park and I am very happy there. I would say this is probably the most popular area in Cincy for recent college grads to live. Alot of grad students and young professionals live in my complex. I take my pathology final on monday and that is my last test for the year. So next week during the brief periods that I will be sober I'll take a peak on here and try to answer any questions you might have

BigRedMachine said:
Hey guys I am currently a second year at UC. So first a big congrats on your acceptance. Secondly, just fflipping through some of your comments, don't worry about award letters yet. Will prolly be out within the next month. May 1 was the current student deadline so they are pretty busy in there right now. Also as far as housing most students either live in the gaslight district (short drive to school) or in hyde park/mt lookout area which is about 10 min from school. Its all a personal preference on area. i live in Hyde park and I am very happy there. I would say this is probably the most popular area in Cincy for recent college grads to live. Alot of grad students and young professionals live in my complex. I take my pathology final on monday and that is my last test for the year. So next week during the brief periods that I will be sober I'll take a peak on here and try to answer any questions you might have

BigRed can you give me any idea of how many of your out of state classmates come of the alternate list and when most movement occurs. Cinci is my first choice and I am out of state but I also have an acceptance at another school where i need to buy a place to live so timing is tricky. What are the chances of getting of this "special group at the top of the list, rated for immediate acceptance when openings occur" list? Any info you or someone else in your class knows could be very helpful. Also how many people get this designation, I think they may be running admissions a little differently this year because of the new dean of admissions but past info may help. Thanks.

Bob

BigRedMachine said:
don't worry about award letters yet. Will prolly be out within the next month. May 1 was the current student deadline so they are pretty busy in there right now.

The next month? I would like to have the award letter to make a complete comparison among my choices by May 15.

Did anyone get that e-mail asking you to verify your SS#? Can someone answer my question from my earlier post?

Not exactly sure on waitlist stuff. I'll ask around and see what I hear. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if you are waiting on a big scholarship or something from a school to help determine your destination, its prolly not happening. I had a few friends in undergrad receive very generous scholarships that were not need based, but were merit based and they were offered those up-front with their acceptance. Basically the financial aid that is need based will not be that different between schools nor will it be very significant. For example, I came to med school straight out of undergrad, come from a middle class home with parents who are by no means rich, but are financially stable. I have a younger brother currently in college. My annual actual "aid" I get from the school is I believe about 4,000 in actual scholarhip "free money" and an additional 4,000 or 5,000 in what is called a School long term loan" Which essentially means that it is a loan, but the school pays the interest on it while i am in school, and i think during 3 years of residency, but I am not certain on the second part. Thats basically all the aid I get. The rest of my money is from stafford loans, and next year i will probably need a small private loan as well. Most of my friends at other schools receive similar packages. Basically the moral of the story is that your need based aid which you are waiting to hear about will not be hugely different between schools nor will it most likely be significant. If you are considering finances as a deciding factor then look at the school's tuition, and not really worry about the aid package. Sorry to burst any bubbles. You may receive your aid letter by may 15, but if not i wouldn't freak too much

I agree with what you just said. Its mostly determined by FAFSA EFC and the only difference is the schools tuition/costs. Your just going to get mostly loans, grants/scholarships are usually offered way before this date in an attempt to get people to commit to that school. The best you can hope for now is a favorable subsizied to unsubizied loan terms, and some school loans with favorable interest. Thats why schools dont rush out with the package at this point. The school I am likely attending wont even give us or packages until June. :thumbdown:
Thanks BigRedMachine...hopefully this WL has some movement this year.

Damn, turns out I typed my SS# wrong on my secondary, and there was a discrepancy between that and my AAMCAS application, so they needed to verify. They've had my financial aid "on hold" because of that, I hope I didn't lose any money. :(

Hi All!

I just got my estimated financial aid package (snail mail)- I got nothing but federal loans- :thumbdown: but at least I am in :thumbup:

I work at UC right now and know the area fairly well- so If people want to ask questions about apartments etc... I am happy to try to help-

I live in East Walnut Hills- I am about 2 miles from the Hospital- My rent is 630 (utilities not included) and it is a two bedroom apartment in a house.

Hope to see you all in August. Snumie