University of Cincinnati c/o 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my White Coat today, but it's blank. Does anyone know if we should receive a UC patch at the bookstore or at the White Coat Ceremony, or if the coats are supposed to be unadorned?

Members don't see this ad.

Darko said:
I got my White Coat today, but it's blank. Does anyone know if we should receive a UC patch at the bookstore or at the White Coat Ceremony, or if the coats are supposed to be unadorned?

mine is also blank and my buddy's is too. we were wondering about this also as it looks so plain... :confused:

There is no "UC Patch" that med students wear. However, in the beginning of the year, one of the organizations (AMSA, I believe) will embroider your name on the jacket for $10 as some sort of fundraiser. I would say that more than half of students have their name and title (either "medical student" or "student doctor") on their coats. Unfortunately, other than that the coats are pretty plain.

Members don't see this ad :)
ucmed07 said:
There is no "UC Patch" that med students wear. However, in the beginning of the year, one of the organizations (AMSA, I believe) will embroider your name on the jacket for $10 as some sort of fundraiser. I would say that more than half of students have their name and title (either "medical student" or "student doctor") on their coats. Unfortunately, other than that the coats are pretty plain.

Another question. According to the academic calendar we just got our exams fall on Saturdays. Is this correct, exams are given on Saturday? For example September 30th, October 28th are both listed as exam days but they are saturdays. I have some weddings to go to so I am trying to figure that out.

-Also has anyone big bro/sis contacted them yet?

Unfortunately, that is probably not a scheduling error. They have scheduled exams on Saturdays before in the past. It is really hard to re-schedule a test too; they usually only allow it for situations such as a death in the family. If you are in the wedding party you may have some leverage, but I would ask well in advance of the date of the test. Even then, you will still have a hard time taking the test on a different day as they work hard to protect the integrity of the exam.

which parking lot should we park in during the year?

dtdfusion said:
which parking lot should we park in during the year?

I think Eden Garage 8th floor is closest and cheapest.

Punkinhead said:
I think Eden Garage 8th floor is closest and cheapest.

does 8th floor have a roof?

Is anyone going to the faculty dinner with Dr. Chris Bollinger?

WiggyUD said:
Is anyone going to the faculty dinner with Dr. Chris Bollinger?

Not me, I'm with Dr. Jeffrey Susman. Starting my 4.5 day drive from Los Angeles to Cincinnati tomorrow. Fun. :p

Messerschmitts said:
Not me, I'm with Dr. Jeffrey Susman. Starting my 4.5 day drive from Los Angeles to Cincinnati tomorrow. Fun. :p

good luck on the drive messers. I have the same faculty dinner member. cant believe it all starts in a week.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone. Well, I moved into my apartment yesterday, then subsequently had to move right back out, due to a cockroach infestation. It is safe to say that I will NOT be living in the same apartment (Piedmont Mews) next year. OK, see everyone next Monday or Tuesday.

wertdogg21 said:
Hello everyone. Well, I moved into my apartment yesterday, then subsequently had to move right back out, due to a cockroach infestation. It is safe to say that I will NOT be living in the same apartment (Piedmont Mews) next year.

Holy crap, sorry to hear that! When can you move back? Are they paying for your hotel?

Darko said:
Holy crap, sorry to hear that! When can you move back? Are they paying for your hotel?

Well I"m actually back in Pittsburgh right now for a couple of days (high school buddy is getting married). I'm coming back to Cincy on Sunday, so if the situation isn't resolved by then, I'll be looking for a new place to live. Very few things in this world can creep me out, but the sight of over 40 dead cockroaches in my apartment under the heaters and sinks made me scream like a little girl. Oh well, I guess what doesn't kill me will make me stronger (assuming the roaches dont' kill me)

Greetings from Springfield, MO everyone! I'm in my hotel where they have free internet. It's been a grueling drive so far, 1.5 more days to Cincinnati.

Btw, has anyone been able to fill out the Perkins Loan Master Promissary Note online? When I try to do it, the website claims I have no Perkins loan in my financial aid, but the offer letter said I did. I suspect it's because we're not officially registered yet, but who knows? Maybe my account is messed up?

Messerschmitts said:
Greetings from Springfield, MO everyone! I'm in my hotel where they have free internet. It's been a grueling drive so far, 1.5 more days to Cincinnati.

Btw, has anyone been able to fill out the Perkins Loan Master Promissary Note online? When I try to do it, the website claims I have no Perkins loan in my financial aid, but the offer letter said I did. I suspect it's because we're not officially registered yet, but who knows? Maybe my account is messed up?

Haha, nice. I'm driving from Seattle to Cincinnati and right now I'm at Columbia, MO.

I couldn't fill out the Perkins Loan form also. There are too many financial aid forms. I don't even know how many I need to fill out. :confused:

wertdogg21 said:
Well I"m actually back in Pittsburgh right now for a couple of days (high school buddy is getting married). I'm coming back to Cincy on Sunday, so if the situation isn't resolved by then, I'll be looking for a new place to live. Very few things in this world can creep me out, but the sight of over 40 dead cockroaches in my apartment under the heaters and sinks made me scream like a little girl. Oh well, I guess what doesn't kill me will make me stronger (assuming the roaches dont' kill me)

There is still a room (a very nice one I might add!) available in my house that I share with another soon to be med student. No roaches, reasonable rent (425/month), utilities split 3 ways, and completely furnished besides the remaining bedroom. Not to mention the lucky person who decides to live there would have 2 awesome roomates. Only 2 miles from the med school nice/safe street. Email me if you are interested ([email protected]) and want to take a look.

Random post: Does anyone else think Dr. Tobias is really hot? :D God, I'd like to be mentored by that! I wish she was my CFMP preceptor. She's got this inexplicable feminine charm. :love: Can't find an excuse to approach her though...maybe I develop a sudden interest in family medicine and shadow her?

Random post: Does anyone else think Dr. Tobias is really hot? :D God, I'd like to be mentored by that!
:D
Yeah, my class called her Dr. Hot. I randomly worked w/her nephew in Dayton a couple times and offhandedly made the remark that she was pretty frekkin hot. About a month later I see her in the hallway and I mentioned that I had worked w/her nephew. She gives me a smile and says "oh, so you're the 'Dr. Hot' one, funny". :oops: It was pretty funny, and she was cool w/it. Great physician.

Hope you are all hanging in there!!! Hopefully the new school will be finished soon for you!

:D
Yeah, my class called her Dr. Hot. I randomly worked w/her nephew in Dayton a couple times and offhandedly made the remark that she was pretty frekkin hot. About a month later I see her in the hallway and I mentioned that I had worked w/her nephew. She gives me a smile and says "oh, so you're the 'Dr. Hot' one, funny". :oops: It was pretty funny, and she was cool w/it. Great physician.

Hope you are all hanging in there!!! Hopefully the new school will be finished soon for you!

HA HA HA HA HA :laugh: Damn, so she knows exactly how much the male students are in love with her. She is indeed Dr. McHot. So...I requested her as my faculty mentor...I have like no interest in FM...I'm such a bastard, :laugh: (I also put that if she's not available, I'd be happy to have an EM or OB/GYN doc be my mentor)

And thanks for checking up on us, we first-years are in the middle of block II exams right now, gross anatomy on Friday. One thing I must say about UC, they are VERY efficient and punctual about getting your exams graded! Our scores for physio were posted the very next day.

How's EM residency, TysonCook? You are livin' the dream! :D I hope I can score a good EM residency in 4 years. (Although also considering OB/GYN)

BUMP :) Just for fun lol