University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
kellybean! i miss you! hehe

anyhoo, im one of the few people on sdn who are anxiously waiting for a response from uacp. we hear rumors like they are working with accredation right now and too much is going on for them to keep on track with the waitlist. i dont know how long the waitlist is. i wish i knew so id have some idea on where i stand. i even lost count on which monday is ad com meeting day.

Members don't see this ad.

we hear rumors like they are working with accredation right now and too much is going on for them to keep on track with the waitlist.

Anybody please post the accredation status if any news has been heard from the UACP. I hope they can get accredated this year or at least get the candidates status instead of pre-candidates
:luck:

hi kellybean.
i read about ur acceptance.congrats.i hope i get in too.i just received an email about the interview from ms vickie.so it's confirmed - March 31st.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi kellybean.
i read about ur acceptance.congrats.i hope i get in too.i just received an email about the interview from ms vickie.so it's confirmed - March 31st.

oh congrats! please please ask them about the numbers for me? thanks!!

i will surely do that.The interview notice has been in my mailbox since last week but I just checked it now.I don't really have the time to use internet like I used to cuz i work like crazy and I take full-time courseload in school.

i check my email alllllllll the time. any chance i get. im waiting for an email response from uacp and a pendable letter from them. been waiting since jan -_-

kellybean, i know im not on yahoo much. i dont use yahoo as my primary chat. sometimes i forget to log on.. but for some days, i wasnt home.. anyhoo, hope everythings all good.

Hey Jessie :) Miss you too...havent seem you on Yahoo lately.

What are your stats realname and when did you submit your application?? Before I was worried for myself, now I'm worried for my roommate. I hope she gets in so that we can all go to the same school again :)

What??? I check my email like every 5 minutes and I work and I go to school fulltime..hahaha...
science 3.57 and cum GPA 3.51,PCAT 78.I applied around the deadline, not sure of exact date but it was after the february interview for sure.I have pharmacy and healthcare experience and volunteer.What's ur roommate stat if u don't mind me asking and when did she apply?.

kellybean,
I know working and checking emails has to do with time management but at the same time some jobs are harder...have u ever done factory jobs before?..u'll come home and sleep,no doubt...lol...well,that's what I do and I work everyday ...i know i choose to do it...lol...cuz it pays good and im tired of being broke...i work as a cert.pharm tech as well..it's crazy..

youre just a workaholic. some of us are. but you make sure you get in the habit of checking your email more often. most schools contact you primarily by email.

it's good to know we all work.I will fail in school if I have more free time.I don't know why but the semester that I work 40hrs/week was my worst semester in term of GPA.I think I perform better under pressure and I can study better than when I think I have the whole week to study.I won't get anything done in that case!.I'll definitely have question b4 interview as it comes to mind and i'll let u know.thanx a lot.I have calculus II and org.chem II exams tmrw,that's why im home now.actually,im only scheduled for 40hrs/wk but u can work as many overtime as u want so I try to clock in 8hrs/day for 7 days...sorry for boring u wt my work details.....i applied to USN too but I sent my transcript after the deadline and i haven't heard anything about the appl.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's good to know we all work.I will fail in school if I have more free time.I don't know why but the semester that I work 40hrs/week was my worst semester in term of GPA.I think I perform better under pressure and I can study better than when I think I have the whole week to study.I won't get anything done in that case!.I'll definitely have question b4 interview as it comes to mind and i'll let u know.thanx a lot.I have calculus II and org.chem II exams tmrw,that's why im home now.actually,im only scheduled for 40hrs/wk but u can work as many overtime as u want so I try to clock in 8hrs/day for 7 days...sorry for boring u wt my work details.....i applied to USN too but I sent my transcript after the deadline and i haven't heard anything about the appl.

good luck to you! a lot of us work and go to school. its like.. the thing to do nowadays. at least you are not just sitting at home doing nothing.. or at least not just going to school. your workload will be your plus. like kellybean, they didnt ask me about my work. they didnt know and silly me didnt think of mentioning anything. im a full time student and i work about 20ish hours a week. certainly not like you realname. i know people who do that.. its insane. kudos to you :)

Oh mentioning the workload might be a plus..good...im also a Army veteran.I have been to Afghanistan and Iraqi and my husband is still in the Army...Maybe that'll help too..I read about the scholarship fund for veteran on the school website.

Oh mentioning the workload might be a plus..good...im also a Army veteran.I have been to Afghanistan and Iraqi and my husband is still in the Army...Maybe that'll help too..I read about the scholarship fund for veteran on the school website.

see now i had the impression that you were a youngun or at least in your 20s? you certainly have some experience. good good!

see now i had the impression that you were a youngun or at least in your 20s? you certainly have some experience. good good!
no..im old school...lol...in my 30s but no kid yet..Hubby just went back to Iraq and he's now a Army Captain.What's ur stat plz if u don't mind me asking?..

id do the same if i was accepted. hehe

btw realname. i PMed you

i PMed u back...I don't know how to start the PM,can u explain it to me here plz?

UACP told me that they will be filling spots until the school year begins...so that all the slots are full. You think your sick of waiting now!! we could be on the wait list until July!!! THey would not give me any updated information as far as how many slots are full and how many more they need.

I just called them and the lady told me that they are still reviewing applications. I wanted to know because I sent in my app. really late, like a week before the deadline and I was worried cause I noticed some people already received an email about an interview for March 31st.

I just got a letter explaining that I am on the alternate list....so I went from the hold list to the alternate list. I called UACP and they told me that 12 seats are left and 3/31 is the final interview....they are going to try to invite 50 applicants. I never heard of being on the alternate list before all the seats have been taken ...I really don't understand...isn't this school rolling admissions? Anyone else heard anything?

I just got a letter explaining that I am on the alternate list....so I went from the hold list to the alternate list. I called UACP and they told me that 12 seats are left and 3/31 is the final interview....they are going to try to invite 50 applicants. I never heard of being on the alternate list before all the seats have been taken ...I really don't understand...isn't this school rolling admissions? Anyone else heard anything?

I thought that the alternate list meant that once a slot was available you were given it...so that does not make sense that they put you on that list while there are still spots available!!!!

Anybody please post the accredation status if any news has been heard from the UACP. I hope they can get accredated this year or at least get the candidates status instead of pre-candidates
:luck:

Yes, our professors are REALLY busy right now with accreditation. They spent all of last week (student spring break) working on it. There is a TON of work to put do in order to get a pharmacy school up, running, and accredited while still giving the students on campus now everything that they need to progress through the program. Some of our students are also helping out on committees and with other behind-the-scenes work.

As it stands now, the accreditation team will be here on April 23 & 24 to evaluate our program for Candidate status. Right now, we have pre-candidate status. The accreditation team will then submit a report to ACPE with their recommendation and ACPE will make their decision at their meeting in June. We should know their ruling shortly after this meeting. I wouldn't be here as a student still if I didn't think we would get our accreditation.

We cannot get our full accreditation until the 1st class graduates (May 2008). 90% of that class must pass both the NAPLEX and the law exam in order for the school to be fully accredited. If this doesn't happen for some reason, we continue under Candidate status and the pressure falls to the Class of 2009 to get the school fully accredited.

I hope this helps. I know it stinks to have to wait, but I don't think this waiting is any different that what you would be put through at any other school. Lots of schools will have a wait list that they are still pulling from in July, so UACP is no different. I knew people that got called in a week before schools started because someone in their class decided to drop-out the week before classes (this happened at another pharmacy school).

If anyone has any concerns about our accreditation, you should call ACPE and look at our website. Like I said before, I wouldn't still be here, spending 25,000 out of my college fund if this school was going to fail. It won't fail, it has too much support from the community and Buchanan County.

Hey peeps, im new here, nice to meet everybody, they sent me an email for the Mar. 31st interview, Im very nervous and excited, i have one tomorrow for ETSU school. luckily i lived in the northeastern part of TN, so im close by, so anybody going for the 31st interview?, let me know if you need a ride or sumthing. Good luck

i didnt get anything in the mail today. tmr maybe?

whats this about an alternate list.. that is weird they are putting people on an "alternate list" when there are still spots. its just a list? not rank?. that defeats the purpose of calling it rolling admissions. maybe you should call cherryblo. that is really weird.

Nothing for me yet either. I'm also confused about the alternate list.

I don't know about that alternate list thing...im just wondering that if they have 12 seats left that means everyone of us on the last interview will have 1/4 chance of getting accepted..wow...that's the demerit of applying late..lol..let's hang in there guys.

Hey peeps, im new here, nice to meet everybody, they sent me an email for the Mar. 31st interview, Im very nervous and excited, i have one tomorrow for ETSU school. luckily i lived in the northeastern part of TN, so im close by, so anybody going for the 31st interview?, let me know if you need a ride or sumthing. Good luck
i live in texas and im flying to the airport there...my friend lives around there and is picking me up to spend the night and to the interview...I'll see u when u get there...what's ur stat if u don't mind me asking?

i live in texas and im flying to the airport there...my friend lives around there and is picking me up to spend the night and to the interview...I'll see u when u get there...what's ur stat if u don't mind me asking?

stat:
3.65gpa.
pcat 64(my vocab n reading score sux 15, and 25 lol) luckily my other 3 brought it up.
english is my second language.

stat:
3.65gpa.
pcat 64(my vocab n reading score sux 15, and 25 lol) luckily my other 3 brought it up.

What is your primary language?

stat:
3.65gpa.
mine is horrible even though I grow up with english.I got 99 in both chemistry and math to end up with 78 composite.

i just got accepted at ETSU, so i think im probably not gonna go to the interview, maybe that would leave a spot for someone. still thinking about it tho.
my primary language is Vietnamese

KellyBean, when did this person get accepted off the alternate list and when were they put on the alternate list? Thanks.

i just got accepted at ETSU, so i think im probably not gonna go to the interview, maybe that would leave a spot for someone. still thinking about it tho.
my primary language is Vietnamese
congrats...im happy for you.I can't wait to get accepted somewhere too.Does that mean we are not gonna meet at Garden campus on the 31st?..congrats once again.

I just called them and the lady told me that they are still reviewing applications. I wanted to know because I sent in my app. really late, like a week before the deadline and I was worried cause I noticed some people already received an email about an interview for March 31st.
Have u heard anything from them as per the interview notice?...let us know pls,hopefully we'll meet there on the 31st.

You will have a chance to introduce yourself. I'm sure they will be very impressed with your background. I see that you're trying to get it done in 3 years. Did you also apply to Lecom-Erie? I think you will love the people and what they have to offer in term of their program, but you will be shocked to see the town. If you don't have verizon, then your phone won't work there. I mean 2 years will go by so fast and then you can do your rotations (last year) somewhere else. There are a few negative things about the school and town, but look on the bright side...if you get in, you will have wonderful people as your classmates (me for example)..lol...

(I think the school should pay me for this)
Yes..I applied to Lecom-Erie as well..I am not sweating about it right now cuz I applied late.My friend applied around March 1st last year and he didn't get interview till May and he got in.Hopefully,I will get in somewhere.

Its AZN domination. kidding, but i think most asian student stay far away of rural place, too boring.

Its AZN domination. kidding, but i think most asian student stay far away of rural place, too boring.

i think so too haha. most want to stay on east or west coast. big cities and such

Hey you guys,

I was wondering when orientation will be and when you guys (attending UACP in the Fall) are planning on moving down there in august?

also, do any of you guys know about the Walmart and the cell phone tower they're planning to build??

THANKS!!!

Hey you guys,

I was wondering when orientation will be and when you guys (attending UACP in the Fall) are planning on moving down there in august?

also, do any of you guys know about the Walmart and the cell phone tower they're planning to build??

THANKS!!!

theyre planning a cell phone tower? the walmart is going to be 3 stories tall, walmart on the top, parking in the middle and little shops on the bottom. at least thats what i heard. they didnt start the actual construction yet, but they did bulldoze a huge portion of the mountain to make way for the building. hope that helps!

will you be attending uacp in the fall?