University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man, I really hope I get in!!! I guess there's hope for me! I will be waiting by the mailbox tomorrow! (As if I wasn't today--haha!)

I'm sure you did alright on the PCAT, and if not then at least you know you'll be in Pharmacy school for sure! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I live in Washington state, not DC.

15 minutes was apparently short but sweet!

im getting antsy.. i havent heard back from them yet.. i think i wont this go round.. well, i could hear something tmr since you guys who interviewed on the 17th havent heard anything either (except for you kellybean! hehe). you should at least hear something whether itd be on hold or acceptance.. but its just weird! why are we waiting so long.. i on the other hand may still be waitlisted.. sigh.

vickie emailed me back and told me there is a waitlist and that most of the students are accepted.. she didnt tell me numbers.. just a yes to the waitlist question. yarg!!!

i got my pcat scores.. better than the last two, but still ugh. today is a bad day.

Jessley: I was waitlisted too!! ; ( best of luck to you!!

I still haven't heard anything! I also interviewed 2/17. Has anyone heard about others who interviewed 2/17 who may not be on this site and if they have received their letters? Are they all acceptances or wait-listers who have heard back? Or has anyone gotten a denial?

You have to wait for your mailman again tomorrow..lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
Still nothing today! Should I e-mail them or something?

I interviewed 2/17 and still haven't heard anything either. Wonder if I hurt myself by telling them I had been accepted to other schools? I totally didn't mean to, but they asked how I could be an intern, so I had to explain. lol

I interviewed 2/17 and still haven't heard anything either. Wonder if I hurt myself by telling them I had been accepted to other schools? I totally didn't mean to, but they asked how I could be an intern, so I had to explain. lol

yeah, why did you tell them you were accepted to another school? either way, you should get something in the mail whether id be a hold letter, acceptance, or rejection. but as kellybean said, since youve been accepted elsewhere, do you care if you get accepted to uacp? or is uacp your first choice?

On the contrary to what others say, if I were put in the same situation, I would have told them the same thing. I don't think it hurts your chances and it proves that you are honest. To me, honesty makes up a big part of my morality and I couldn't lie even if it was my first choice of school to go to. If they are judgmental about accepting you based on you already been accepted to another school, then you don't need to consider going there anyways. I have been accepted to UACP and I feel that this is not the case, however. If this was your first choice of school, you maybe should have stated that so that you would stand out b/c it's not everyone's first choice, but they do have an excellent program and it'll take a year+ less than other schools......Good luck to you!

did anyone hear anything? whats the latest news? how many spots are left? i tried asking vickie, but she said since a lot of people havent confirmed their acceptance, she cannot give me a definite answer. i just want a ballpark answer. anyone else know whats up?

bump? for some reason, after my last post, this thread wasnt moved to the first page.

Still nothing. So annoying!!!

ive been emailing them. they told me the same thing. once they make a decision, ill get a letter. if not, then no letter. and so far, no letter.

i thought they still had an interview for march?

i believe they do, but i dont know when..

They will have another one, but they haven't set a date yet. So I'm guessing it will be sometime in early April.

according to vickies email, she said there are a number of people who were accepted but havent responded. so they dont know how many spots they have left. its all in limbo if you will. and bc of that, a lot of us have to wait even longer...

at least thats my take on it. any thoughts?

I thought there was like a ten-day time limit to respond. What did your letter say KellyBean?

Oh, I've talked to Vickie through e-mail. She said they haven't made a final decision on me yet. Thanks for your help! I want one of those letters!

gr to waiting.. but if and when i get one of those letters, the wait will be worth it.

so kellybean, if you heard they accepted 10 students from the last interview, that should be about 40ish spots filled right?

Yeah whats going on with them? I had my application in a few weeks ago. Do you guys think I'll get an interview? I called and left a voice mail on Monday and they haven't called me back. Do you think I should call them tomorrow? I don't want to be annoying but I want to know if I'll get an interview.

yeah.. really taking there time is right! gr!

My roommate talked to Vickie on Monday. Vickie told her that there will be another interview, but they haven't set the date yet. Why are you rushing? If you get into Temple, then you don't have to fly out to VA for another interview. It might be a good thing after all. Not having to spend so much money flying.

You're right, I really don't want to spend any more money on flying out for interviews. I guess I'm just really scared I'll be put on another waitlist. They told me at Temple I should hear back in 2-3 weeks. Do you think that UACP will interview before then?

I hope so too because I am so stressed right now at the possibility of not getting in somewhere. I am just praying that I'll get into Temple.

I had 9 days notice for my interview, and I live across the country. I bet They might tell you when the next date is if you ask, brasilia!

Hi everybody.I am new to this site.I applied to UACp as well and im expecting the next and last interview myself.My friend that applied there called them last week and they told her the interview is gonna be on March 31st.So,we should hear from them this week or next week if invited for interview.for those of you that have been to the interview in the past,can u share ur thoughts on the kind of ethical questions that were asked.thanx .

i emailed them a few days ago, but i havent received an answer. i asked them what the numbers look like.. how many spots left and so forth. arent we suppose to know of any decision by april? at least thats what it said in my letter. thats in two weeks!

we might have to wait until summer.. now that they have that interview on the 31st.

You should click on the interview feedback and read what other students have posted about the school. I read and answered them before the interview and their questions were nothing like that...lol..

Ethical questions would be something like if you see your classmate cheats, what would you do or something of that nature.
Like how many questions did they ask you? was it all ethical questions?.was it open file or closed file?..thanx for ur quick reply.

I know that when I interviewed there I was asked about 10 questions. Of those I only remember 1 being an ethical type question. The others were just examples of times you helped someone or how you have had to deal with a difficult situation and stuff like that. The questions they ask are fairly easy to answer. Also I don't know for sure but I believe that the interview is closed file.

for me, the interview was closed file. they knew nothing about me. as for the questions, just think of it as casual talk. and for those whole will go to the march 31st, could you please ask them how full the class is? when i interviewed (which was in jan) they said the class was half full.

thanx everybody for the interview advice.I'm gonna see if I get interview first b4 i start worrying myself.I just like to stay ahead of things.By the way,the last time I called down there after the 02/17 interview,I was told they had 23 spots filled not including the ones accepted during 02/17 interview.I'm thinking at the most they should have 45 filled by now.I think they waitlist anybody with GPA above the minimum GPA required till august if possible just in case someone decides to go somewhere else after paying 1 grand.Just my opinion !.