Uhcop 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang, I completely forgot about this site.
Let me start by wishing good luck to potential interviewees and P1s at UH!

I see my fellow P1s are doing the good work already. I will come by once in a while to check on the posts, but I think I should go back to studying for organs.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!
This thread has been great in getting to know what to expect at the interview and it has definitely provided a lot of information about UH COP.

I had a quick question about the interview attire, I know a lot of people recommended wearing suits. However, I was planning on wearing a nice dress shirt/nice pants/ nice shoes. Do you think this would be appropriate attire for a girl or do you think it would be good to go the safe road with the suit?

Hope everyone does well with the interview :):thumbup:

Hey guys!
This thread has been great in getting to know what to expect at the interview and it has definitely provided a lot of information about UH COP.

I had a quick question about the interview attire, I know a lot of people recommended wearing suits. However, I was planning on wearing a nice dress shirt/nice pants/ nice shoes. Do you think this would be appropriate attire for a girl or do you think it would be good to go the safe road with the suit?

Hope everyone does well with the interview :):thumbup:

I think it might be ok, but this is kind of how it goes. You get ranked on professionalism, so the more professional you look the better chance you have at getting an admit invite. Also one thing to think about is that, if you buy a suit and get into pharmacy school you will use that suit a couple times a year. And since you are a girl suits can be as little as $50 if you can find a sell. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last year and was denied admissions. Do they keep a record of everything that was sent? or will they start a completely new file?

I was just wondering because my pharmacist wrote me a great LOR last year and I want to submit it again.

I applied last year and was denied admissions. Do they keep a record of everything that was sent? or will they start a completely new file?

I was just wondering because my pharmacist wrote me a great LOR last year and I want to submit it again.

yes they do keep everything on file. You just have to let them know you want to use the same ones you submitted last year.

What kind of questions and activities do they ask in the interview. I also read that there is a writing proficiency test and a teamwork assessment. What kind of things happen in these two activities?

What kind of questions and activities do they ask in the interview. I also read that there is a writing proficiency test and a teamwork assessment. What kind of things happen in these two activities?

They did away with the written test and replaced it with some sort of diagnostic questionnaire..i dont know what it will prove unless you're all over the place on your answers.

Group project is a situation where you rank things and discuss with your group in front of a bunch of students that are just sitting there watching how you interact. It's not really that stressful but treat it serious.

yes they do keep everything on file. You just have to let them know you want to use the same ones you submitted last year.

Do they look at your entire file or just the current stuff for that years admission cycle?

Do they look at your entire file or just the current stuff for that years admission cycle?

that i am not sure about. but i applied one year and was rejected then applied again and i was accepted

I finally just did for March 13th!!! :) bad news is california northstate offered the same date....so what to do...
:) congratulations! although that is a dilemma...maybe you can talk to one of the schools to interview at a later date?

I did but they canceled the Jan 13th date. Jan.30th is going to be the first interview date instead.

Did anyone who attended the interview on Jan 30 hear back from UHCOP? I am trying my best to be very patient.

Does anyone know what documents are provided to the interviewers besides the questionaire?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who attended the interview on Jan 30 hear back from UHCOP? I am trying my best to be very patient.

When ethyl and I interviewed last year on jan 25th. We heard back a couple days after valentines day. For the first set of interviewees it usually takes a little longer than two weeks but after that its almost like clock work. But we are suppose to tell you wait 3-4 weeks cause sometimes things happen and admissions office might take a couple extra days to notify students.

Does anyone know what documents are provided to the interviewers besides the questionaire?

Thank you!

I dont remember anything else coming with the questionaire except instructions on essay and the instructions on where to go for the interview and when to turn in the questionaire.

Hi SDN'ers! My interview is scheduled for March 13th! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare....besides the SDN interview feedback. How many applicants are there at each interview date. Thanks for any help :)

Hi SDN'ers! My interview is scheduled for March 13th! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare....besides the SDN interview feedback. How many applicants are there at each interview date. Thanks for any help :)

Would love to help, but just read through this post and some of the other threads on the Pre-Pharmacy section. There are many people who talk about how to prepare for the interview and how the interview is structured itself, and like you mentioned, the interview feedback section is probably the best place to start.

Congrats!!!! Very exciting
I am on an emotional rollercoster lol! I was so depressed about not getting in to UT but then I got an email from UH. My poor heart lol has probably flipped 20 times today. So excited! lol. Where you gunna pick TexasPharmdocer?! you got 2, what a feeling congrats man!

Wow! Congrats!! :)

That must be the best feeling ever!

I'm definitely jealous but I'm so nervous for my interview this Friday. Just hope everything goes well!

Congratulations on everyone who got in :)

YAY!!! I'm accepted. I received an email from Ms. Smesny. Looking forward to August 2009 and meeting fellow pharmacy students.

Wow there is a lot of SDNers that got in first round. If any one has any questions about what to do now feel free to ask, especially me or Ethyl methyl.

I am officially accepted!!!!! :soexcited:

Do any of you new acceptees currently attend UH?

Yes, I am currently attending UH.

I think I can speak for all incoming Fall '09 UHCOP students (isn't it just insane to see that?!) when I say that this is THE BEST PRESIDENT'S DAY EVER. Congratulations to my fellow future classmates - I can't wait to meet all of you - and good luck to all of those with interviews or who are waiting for interviews!

What Jpham said!! (I know who you are:))

What Jpham said!! (I know who you are:))

DThai, I think I know who you :laugh:

Congratulations to you and everyone else that got accepted. Hopefully, I'll get there. :thumbup:

Haha you do? Who are you Bully Worm?!

Wow! ACCEPTED!!
Hey friend. can you tell a little bit more about your application? Like GPA, Pcat, experience, vouluteer ? How was the interview? Did you post any thing in Feed Backs?
For those who accepted I congradulate you all . May I ask you to tell more about everything. You know the rest of us are nervouse.

Hey friend. can you tell a little bit more about your application? Like GPA, Pcat, experience, vouluteer ? How was the interview? Did you post any thing in Feed Backs?
For those who accepted I congradulate you all . May I ask you to tell more about everything. You know the rest of us are nervouse.

I havent posted anything in the feedback section yet. But there almost is no need for me to do right now, because everything there is on point with what I was asked during my interview. The interviewer definitely wanted to get to the ethical questions and just wanted to know who I am, what I do, what I like, etc. The interview itself was very easy and laid back.

I have a little differnet experience than other applicants, so I made sure to get all that out there, which is what everyone should try to do when they interview. Know who you are, your strengths, and how they are relevant to using them in pharmacy school.

Congratulations to everyone who made it in so far! :claps:

To those interviewing this Friday, good luck. And, to those still waiting to hear from the college, hang in there.

Congratulations to everyone who made it in so far! :claps:

To those interviewing this Friday, good luck. And, to those still waiting to hear from the college, hang in there.
would you happen to have any idea when the next round of invites are going to be sent out? thanks...

does anyone know how many students they interview and how many acceptances they give out?

does anyone know how many students they interview and how many acceptances they give out?

I think for my class it was somthing like: 900 applied, 250 interviewed, and 125 accepted.

Be aware that things change. I know last year admissions were conducted differently than when I went through the process.

I believe they're only accepting about 110-115 students this year. I don't know why though..

I think for my class it was somthing like: 900 applied, 250 interviewed, and 125 accepted.

Be aware that things change. I know last year admissions were conducted differently than when I went through the process.

Wow its been a while since I saw you on here. almost this time last year when me and ethyl were in these guys shoes.:laugh:

would you happen to have any idea when the next round of invites are going to be sent out? thanks...

Same question. Does anyone know when the next round of interview invites are send out?

Edit: i'm answering my own question. I'm guessing the next round of interviews are being send out today b/c I got an invite.:)

Last edited:
To UH COP Pharmacy Students,

Do you guys perhaps know when the next round of invites is being mailed out?? Thanks a bunch!

Did anyone on here interview on the 20th?

Did anyone on here interview on the 20th?

I did :) It was actually really fun :) The interviewees were all nice and talking to each other and the pharmacy students were really sociable and talked to us all the time =D The teamwork activity was fun too! (The only bad part about that is the 15 people behind us watching... :p )

So glad I didn't have to write an essay though! Just a personality test :)

I did :) It was actually really fun :) The interviewees were all nice and talking to each other and the pharmacy students were really sociable and talked to us all the time =D The teamwork activity was fun too! (The only bad part about that is the 15 people behind us watching... :p )

So glad I didn't have to write an essay though! Just a personality test :)

Yeah no one seems to like the ominus presence while in the teamwork activity. and I kind of wish they had the personality test when I was there cause the writing was a little stressful, just cause I hate to write, and it was hand writen.

Well I hope you the best of luck. Are you a current UH student? and where is UH on your top choice list?

I also interviewed on the 20th! I thought it went well but it seems like that for everyone because everyone was so NICE!

It definitely made a positive impression on me and now just waiting on the results! :xf:

Yeah no one seems to like the ominus presence while in the teamwork activity. and I kind of wish they had the personality test when I was there cause the writing was a little stressful, just cause I hate to write, and it was hand writen.

Well I hope you the best of luck. Are you a current UH student? and where is UH on your top choice list?

Thanks :) I'm a UT-Austin student :) UH is tied with Austin on my choice list out of the four I'm applying too (A&M and Tech). I have not decided which one though, just hoping that I get into either one is fine with me :) If I'm lucky enough to get into both than I'll be happy to make a decision from there =D

oh, hi Feng! I remember you from my interview =D I was in your teamwork thingy group ^^