This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't we still have UCSF? I have not heard anyone get a response yet. Looking back at the 2018-2019 (due date last yr 3/23) cycle, it seems like they got their invitations for an interview around mid to late April.
Yes you are right about UCSF. I haven’t been taking them seriously given the cost of living there and forgot about them. Last year I saw someone get interviews on the 1st in the forum (I think)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't we still have UCSF? I have not heard anyone get a response yet. Looking back at the 2018-2019 (due date last yr 3/23) cycle, it seems like they got their invitations for an interview around mid to late April.

On top of that, I saw multiple examples of people getting rejected to UCI/UCD and only accepted to UCSF. Examples were found in last year's thread and people I personally knew. Wishful thinking or a real last chance? Really want the latter.

Yeah I believe UCSF usually send out interviews later on, late april and early May, so there is still a good chance!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! So here what i know from my understanding

1. I'm not too sure how many get an in person interview, but I think not everyone who got a 1st interview will get a 2nd one. Also, the program at Davis accepts about 20 ppl for the post bacc.

2. UCD will still be handing out interviews so even if your friend didn't get one there is still time! I think they do interviews all month of march and april.

3. Im on the same boat as you, I submitted my app on 2/26 and haven't heard from them, but that does not mean we can't get an interview. UCI also interviews until about April so there's still hope!

Ahh thanks peers! Talking here is a way of me dealing with my anxiousness (look at my username). I hope to see you all in one of these schools. Cannot wait for this to be over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pure speculation but I don’t remember anyone getting interviews late in the process last year. I’m in the same boat where I turned in all my stuff very early (third person complete according to UCD) but didn’t get a single response. I think we are pretty much boned for this cycle unfortunately

Also something to remember is not everyone uses or knows about SDN so some may have gotten interviews later on but we just never knew about it. So lets keep our heads up high! There is still a good chance we will hear back from them

has anyone who submitted their app around early february heard back from either school? :]

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone applying for UCR postbacc? I have a few questions regarding their app. I’ve gone through the app just to see the length and what is needed (answering essay questions and whatnot) but I didn’t see a section for transcripts or letter of recs? Do those part come after submitting the app or completely filling out the application? Thanks in advance.

Anyone applying for UCR postbacc? I have a few questions regarding their app. I’ve gone through the app just to see the length and what is needed (answering essay questions and whatnot) but I didn’t see a section for transcripts or letter of recs? Do those part come after submitting the app or completely filling out the application? Thanks in advance.

I assume you would need to send them to the email/mail them to the address that they provided at the same time that you apply! That's what I did!

App complete 2/5 and haven’t heard from either school :(

I saw a quote that mentioned that UCI is currently performing interviews for those strong candidates and will still be doing interviews and invites for the rest of the candidates until the priority deadline and/or March 20th (on this thread).

Hoping that we're still in the game. I don't really know how to really be a stronger candidate asides from volunteering and research. Really hoping to hear back soon!

Last edited:
If any of you didn't get into any of the post-bacc programs to which you applied, what did you end up doing instead? I'm waitlisted for an interview at UCSD and just want to know what my options are haha.

I saw a quote that mentioned that UCI is currently performing interviews for those strong candidates and will still be doing interviews for the rest of the candidates until the priority deadline and/or March 20th.

Hoping that we're still in the game. I don't really know how to really be a stronger candidate asides from volunteering and research. Really hoping to hear back soon!

So people who applied to UCI should have already heard back for interviews??

So people who applied to UCI should have already heard back for interviews??
Sorry to clarify, they are currently doing interviews for strong candidates. They will still be doing interviews (and invitations?) until March deadline. It was from page 2 or 3 of this thread.

We're all anxious so take my word and those you read here with a grain of salt. I don't mean to spread misinformation if it is false. I just wanted to bring up the fact that someone brought that up.

They have extended the March deadline to the 20th, so we still have hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I called UCI a and UCD yday and they said they haven’t looked thru 80% of applications so we have hope! Also they said if our app is under review it will say so on our app (i don’t know how accurate that is bc I’ve never heard of that but maybe they changed it this year)

Reactions: 7 users
Sorry to clarify, they are currently doing interviews for strong candidates. They will still be doing interviews (and invitations?) until March deadline. It was from page 2 or 3 of this thread.

We're all anxious so take my word and those you read here with a grain of salt. I don't mean to spread misinformation if it is false. I just wanted to bring up the fact that someone brought that up.

Nah you're good dude. I just wasn't aware that they openly made a distinction between "strong" candidates and "regular" ones, lol.

I found it! It's post #112 on page 3. It actually utilized the word "competitive" not "strong."

I'm applying as a re-applicant, so I'm still working on getting my LOR in. How long does it take for your LOR to appear on your status page? My letter writer told me he sent it today and it does not show that it has been submitted yet. Is there a delay in the system?

I'm applying as a re-applicant, so I'm still working on getting my LOR in. How long does it take for your LOR to appear on your status page? My letter writer told me he sent it today and it does not show that it has been submitted yet. Is there a delay in the system?

It should show up immediately. You might need to send them another LOR request email through the portal.

I don't want to inconvenience my letter writer. Has this happened to anyone else?

if this is really important to you then you have to do what you need to do. Your letter writer already has the letter saved in their computer all they have to do is upload it again. But I’m just saying it personally showed up immediately right after my letter writer notified me. But goodluck hope you get it fixed or maybe you can call the UC consortium to ask

Any new interviews from UCI? Or word from any other school?

Has anyone had their interview with UCI and care to share what to expect/ any tips?

Ive gotten interview invites from UCI AND UCSF. UCI interview is 3/18 and UCSF is 4/16
Wow congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

I was wondering if there is anyone who did not exactly meet the letter of recommendation requirement (1 science professor, 1 community service, and 1 professor/employer) and was still able to secure an interview?

to anyone that got interview invites: when did you submit your application? when was it considered complete?

also does anyone know if theres an sfsu forum for this cycle? has anyone applied to their post bac

Does anyone have any advice on what to do during a gap year (to build your resume to apply again) if you don't get into a program for this cycle?

Hoping more interviews get sent out this upcoming week! Wish you all the best of luck! Feel free to share any tips if you've had your interview already :claps:

Reactions: 7 users
[INACCURATE]?
I'll keep the post up just in case someone refers to it.

Hmmm, can someone confirm about UCSF doing interviews? I called* as to how much of the applications they have gone through (someone made a post here stating that UCI and UCD has not gone through 80% of their apps); they mentioned they only started going through the applications. I followed up with when can we expect a response, the lady responded with " ... we will start sending out invitations late April." Do you all think there is a possibility that she just didn't know some people got invitations? Is there anyone else I can contact? If anyone can corroborate/contradict this statement please do.

Also makes me nervous that UCI/UCD sent out (some) invitations already, but also agreed to a deadline extension.

*I called the number provided for UCSF on the Portal and asked to speak to anyone with information about the program for which she responded that she can help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hmmm, can someone confirm about UCSF doing interviews? I called* as to how much of the applications they have gone through (someone made a post here stating that UCI and UCD has not gone through 80% of their apps); they mentioned they only started going through the applications. I followed up with when can we expect a response, the lady responded with " ... we will start sending out invitations late April." Do you all think there is a possibility that she just didn't know some people got invitations? Is there anyone else I can contact? If anyone can corroborate/contradict this statement please do.

Also makes me nervous that UCI/UCD sent out (some) invitations already, but also agreed to a deadline extension.

*I called the number provided for UCSF on the Portal and asked to speak to anyone with information about the program for which she responded that she can help.
I don't think whoever you spoke to would not be aware of invitations being sent out. the person who posted that they got an interview at UCSF might be confused on schools or could not be telling the truth. Especially if the person said they'll start sending invitations late April.

Is anyone still waiting on UCSD Waitlist invitations...?

happy monday guys! hopefully another batch of interview invites will land in our emails this week :)

Is anyone still waiting on UCSD Waitlist invitations...?
I am waitlisted with UCSD, nothing from them yet. Was waitlisted last year as well and notified April 29th I was not selected

So there’s another post bac thread for UCSF and some got rejected and some got invites. But this is for school of dentistry post bac. Is this different than the premed one?

Wow congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

3.0 sGPA 3.2 cGPA lots of community service, research, and clinical experiences, college athlete.