This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im confused on the "experiences" section of the application. Under "contact name" and "contact title"; does this indicate a supervisor or yourself, because there is no section to list contact information and there is also no section to list your personal title. Anyone have any insight on this?

I took it to mean supervisor. I think they just want to see who was in charge of you and their title so to speak. I don’t believe they want actual contact info cause they don’t really have time for that. I used the “experience name” part as my personal title such as Research Assistant. Then I put the organization name down below that etc. that’s just what made most sense to me. If anyone has any other way they did it, feel free to let us know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When posting my coursework I've noticed they didn't include the "BUSI" or business category this year. I wonder if that was just an oversight. I have an accounting degree so there will be quite a lot of "Other" classes I guess

Im confused on the "experiences" section of the application. Under "contact name" and "contact title"; does this indicate a supervisor or yourself, because there is no section to list contact information and there is also no section to list your personal title. Anyone have any insight on this?

I listed the name of my supervisor where it says "contact title" and my personal title where it says "experience name" :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone! I hope this message finds you well. I am currently a postbacc for UCI's program so any questions about UCI's program or the app process hit me up.
For contact name -- if it is a PI in a research lab or academic experience you are going to want to put their academic title - ie. MD, PhD., B.A. Sociology etc.
Now for contact title- that is their position in your experience ie. Program Director, Store Manager, Principal Investigator Etc.
For experience name you want to put the type of experience - volunteer work - clinical or volunteer/community service -non clinical was it an award/scholarship -- if a category already exists for this portion then I would but your role in the experience- Were you V.P. of a club did you hold a supervisor position, outreach coordinator, volunteer, Direct Care Professional, etc.
I think they may have changed up the format a bit this year but that is what you want to put

Hi all! Question. I am a re-applicant and the instructions state that you can use previous LORs used for medical school but, since I hadn't taken classes since 2016, my last science LOR is dated early 2017. Would this be frowned upon in a 2019 post-bac application?

Hi all! Question. I am a re-applicant and the instructions state that you can use previous LORs used for medical school but, since I hadn't taken classes since 2016, my last science LOR is dated early 2017. Would this be frowned upon in a 2019 post-bac application?

I think this would be fine. I was told by a post-bacc advisor that medical schools are fine with LORs that are dated a max of 3 years back. I'm assuming that post-baccs operate similarly? If anyone else has any insight, please advise :)

Does anyone know what email the referral request comes from? One of my referrers isn't getting it and he's currently in a third world country. Im trying to help him find it but have no idea what it looks like from his end.

Disregard. Got it figured out with several frustrated long distance phone calls lol. Just submitted. UCSD as well. AND NOW WE WAIT.........

Hi, I am interested in applying to UC Consortium. I am CA resident, didn't get any interviews this cycle yet,so looking for gap year options. As I read the requirements for this program I see that it's for those that "come from an educationally and/or economically disadvantaged background". I don't belong to any of those categories, so does that disqualify me or it's just that those that come from those categories are preferred ? Feel free to pm me if you have any specific advice.

Called UCR's postbacc office and they said that the application should be available mid February!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, I am interested in applying to UC Consortium. I am CA resident, didn't get any interviews this cycle yet,so looking for gap year options. As I read the requirements for this program I see that it's for those that "come from an educationally and/or economically disadvantaged background". I don't belong to any of those categories, so does that disqualify me or it's just that those that come from those categories are preferred ? Feel free to pm me if you have any specific advice.
For the consortium you MUST be from those backgrounds. For these programs specifically, it is not preferred but required. In the application they do ask you to explain how/why you consider yourself as such etc. But there are plenty of other postbaccs out there that are open to any applicant so I would look into those. Hope this helps!

Hello everyone! First ever post right here! Hope to see you some of you as classmates soon. :p

When you guys are putting in your work/activities, what do you put for the end date if it's something you're still doing? :oops:

Hello everyone! First ever post right here! Hope to see you some of you as classmates soon. :p

When you guys are putting in your work/activities, what do you put for the end date if it's something you're still doing? :oops:
Just put in a future date and put an explanation in the description box.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im still working on it myself. Work has gotten in the way but hoping to submit it before UCI deadline.

Hi everyone! I am finishing up the app. I was wondering if I am sending my letters of reccomendation via interfolio, do I still have to "send request" to my letter writers?

Hi everyone! I am finishing up the app. I was wondering if I am sending my letters of recommendation via interfolio, do I still have to "send request" to my letter writers?
I believe you would still need to "send" the request to the writers. However, I think you may be able to call the consortium and let them know you're mailing them in from Interfolio and maybe you won't have to "send" them.

Hey friends ! Does anyone know if the UC consortium is based on a rolling basis? Also do you need to send transcripts at the same time you send your applications or after II are offered? I was waiting for this current quarter's grades to apply, but should I apply right away?

Hey friends ! Does anyone know if the UC consortium is based on a rolling basis? Also do you need to send transcripts at the same time you send your applications or after II are offered? I was waiting for this current quarter's grades to apply, but should I apply right away?

Hi, It states that it is rolling basis online. Also, your application isn’t considered “complete” until everything is received. Meaning app, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Only then do they send your app out to the schools you asked for. Good luck!

Hi, It states that it is rolling basis online. Also, your application isn’t considered “complete” until everything is received. Meaning app, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Only then do they send your app out to the schools you asked for. Good luck!

Thank you! I remember you mentioning that you applied last year, and you were able to get an interview, did you remember when you sent in your application if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! I remember you mentioning that you applied last year, and you were able to get an interview, did you remember when you sent in your application if you don't mind me asking?

I submitted around the 20th of February and heard back about the interview one week later (that was the first batch of interviews that went out that year).

If we're applying as reapplicants, are we expected to modify our personal and disadvantaged statements in any other way besides shortening our personal statements to 2500 characters? I am confused because we are asked to submit our AMCAS primary application, but we're inputting pretty much the same info?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been able to contact UCR about when their application will be available? I know a user previously said around mid-February, and I've been trying to contact them as well but have not had any luck. I was just wondering if anyone has any news about their apps? Thank you in advance.

Called UCR's post bacc office yesterday. They said that they are still having technical difficulties with the application. Not sure if it will be out before the month is up. Also not sure if this means that the deadline for the application will be extended.

UCR's post bacc is the only one I am applying to since 1) I live in Riverside County and 2) all of my other obligations are in downtown Riverside.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been able to contact UCR about when their application will be available? I know a user previously said around mid-February, and I've been trying to contact them as well but have not had any luck. I was just wondering if anyone has any news about their apps? Thank you in advance.

Called UCR's post bacc office yesterday. They said that they are still having technical difficulties with the application. Not sure if it will be out before the month is up. Also not sure if this means that the deadline for the application will be extended.

UCR's post bacc is the only one I am applying to since 1) I live in Riverside County and 2) all of my other obligations are in downtown Riverside.
I was told by someone there when I called the riverside post bac will only be for locals or people with ties to the immediate area

Last year today UCI sent out interviews FYI. Nothing so far yet though at least on my end.

Question -- I noticed that you can add work experiences in two sections (disadvantaged status section and work/activities section). Do we have to add them in both or should we add the work experiences to the disadvantaged status section and then just keep the extracurricular-esque experiences in the Work/Activities section?

I called UC Irvine, they will start sending out interviews after the priority deadline feb 27

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my application on the 10th. Hoping to get into any one of the 3 UC's . Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I called UC Irvine, they will start sending out interviews after the priority deadline feb 27
I also thought they were going to send out invites today. Guess we’ll have to sit tight a few more days. Any Bruins on here?!

Just submitted my application!

Does anyone know if UCI offers a "skype/facetime" interview option or does it have to be in person? I currently live in the Bay and although I don't mind making a trip down to Irvine, it would save me some $$$$ hahaha

My application is still waiting on the last person to submit their LoR (my neuroscience professor). If he waits until the last minute to submit it (as I suspect he might), do you think this'll hurt my chances at admission since it's a rolling basis? It's better to submit your application earlier rather than later, right?

My application is still waiting on the last person to submit their LoR (my neuroscience professor). If he waits until the last minute to submit it (as I suspect he might), do you think this'll hurt my chances at admission since it's a rolling basis? It's better to submit your application earlier rather than later, right?

I recommend just emailing them or letting them know of a specific due date or day you would like to submit. Although it is important to turn in your application ASAP, you need a strong LOR and if you rush the person htne it might not be as strong. Communicate with them though.

I recommend just emailing them or letting them know of a specific due date or day you would like to submit. Although it is important to turn in your application ASAP, you need a strong LOR and if you rush the person htne it might not be as strong. Communicate with them though.

Thank you! I sent him an e-mail yesterday and explained to him that while the due date isn't technically for a couple weeks, it's a rolling admission so a sooner submission would be appreciated. Hopefully he does it soon. Thanks for the quick reply - I appreciate it!

Thank you! I sent him an e-mail yesterday and explained to him that while the due date isn't technically for a couple weeks, it's a rolling admission so a sooner submission would be appreciated. Hopefully he does it soon. Thanks for the quick reply - I appreciate it!

No worries! And yeah I had to lie to my recommenders and told them the due date was the 27th. Barely got them yesterday haha.But like I said, as long as its a strong letter of Rec then you should be okay.

Submitted application: 2/26
Marked complete: 2/27
Best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone had any issues with their transcripts they've sent via mail not being uploaded? I sent mine out in Jan and they've still not received them :/

Has anyone had any issues with their transcripts they've sent via mail not being uploaded? I sent mine out in Jan and they've still not received them :/

Have you gotten in contact with them via email or phone? I emailed them about my mailed in transcripts and they uploaded them that same day. It seems like it’s been way too long for them to not be uploaded yet so they may have been overlooked.

Have you gotten in contact with them via email or phone? I emailed them about my mailed in transcripts and they uploaded them that same day. It seems like it’s been way too long for them not be uploaded yet so they may have been overlooked.

So I just submitted my app and almost immediately received an email saying they've received all my letters and transcripts and my application is now considered complete. So maybe they just hadn't updated it? I'll guess still contact them tomorrow to confirm haha

Actually hoping for uci too! I interviewed there last year and was waitlisted so trying again. Fingers crossed!!
Hi there, I remember you from last year's forum! I won't be applying this year but plan to do so in 2020. I am wondering if you completely changed your personal statements and if you asked for new LOR? Is there anything you did differently this time around in terms of work experience or volunteering?

Hi friends! I just submitted my application yesterday, and had a similar problem with my transcripts! I just emailed them today about it since I sent the request for it about a month ago and just received that my app hasn't been completed from UCI, would I not be considered as apart of the priority deadline?

Hi friends! I just submitted my application yesterday, and had a similar problem with my transcripts! I just emailed them today about it since I sent the request for it about a month ago and just received that my app hasn't been completed from UCI, would I not be considered as apart of the priority deadline?

From my understanding, in order to be part of the priority deadline for UCI your application has to be marked complete, which includes having all transcripts and all letters or Rec. Either way tho, you should still try your best to get those in ASAP. The sooner the better.

From my understanding, in order to be part of the priority deadline for UCI your application has to be marked complete, which includes having all transcripts and all letters or Rec. Either way tho, you should still try your best to get those in ASAP. The sooner the better.

Dang :( Thanks though!

Has anyone had any luck when UCR is opening their postbacc app? I know some here said they were having trouble setting up the website, but my friend has been trying to contact them for update.

Has anyone had any luck when UCR is opening their postbacc app? I know some here said they were having trouble setting up the website, but my friend has been trying to contact them for update.

I called Ms. Kofield this past Thursday and she said that she will be having a meeting with members of the post bacc to discuss the release of the application, the technical difficulties, and whether the due date will remain the same or change?

Just thought I'd share my stats.

Currently a senior @ SFSU. Majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology as well as Psychology.

Science GPA: 2.82
Overall GPA: 3.17

Applied to UCI, UCSF, and UCD. UCSF is my top choice, mainly because I currently live in San Francisco and would love to stay in the city. But getting accepted to any of the programs would be amazing!

Application Submitted: 2/26
Application marked 'Complete': 2/26 :banana:

Hey everyone,
Has anyone gotten an interview for UCI?
I submitted 2/27 around noon and was marked complete an hour later. I received an interview invitation e-mail Friday afternoon.

Hey everyone,
Has anyone gotten an interview for UCI?
I submitted 2/27 around noon and was marked complete an hour later. I received an interview invitation e-mail Friday afternoon.

Congrats on the interview!! Mine was marked complete on 2/26 but no interview yet :(