UBC Pharmacy 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i didn't get an email today too..and hopefully, i won't get anything tmr either.

Members don't see this ad.

maybe you guys are on the waitlist.
i didn't hear anybody with rejection emails yet. unless they just don't want to say it.
ooooh fooodd......i love food. how long is the white coat ceremony?

guys please reply to this .thanks:

do people with more than 30 credits that is required by ubc have a greater chance of getting in at UBC? like people with 60 credits or 40 or 50 or even with a bachelors.

does UBC like these people more or wut.i was thinking if more than 30 credits is better i should take orgo1 and 2 or some electives like psych before my application to UBC for next year.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? HOW MANY CREDITS HAD YOU TAKEN WHEN APPLYING? PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied with only 1 year of sciences under my belt, I took all the prereqs for the application... it worked out to 5 classes per term...

If you get a high GPA with a high PCAT (3.6+,85+) you should definitely get an interview, unless your references/EC's are REALLY weak

I have already taken most of the courses that are require for first year pharmacy. Like ochem 233 and 235, microbi 202, stat 203, etc...

as in terms of credits, i dont think they really care as long as you have the prerequisites. like english, math, physics, chem 121/123 etc...

I applied with only 1 year of sciences under my belt, I took all the prereqs for the application... it worked out to 5 classes per term...

If you get a high GPA with a high PCAT (3.6+,85+) you should definitely get an interview, unless your references/EC's are REALLY weak

well i ll finish the 30 credits plus the organic one or some elective at the end of my second year not including the summer of the second year. is that really a bad point that i ve finished them in 2 years not in one year...because i was doing volunterring at 2 different pharmacies and also workin at my college...

and how did you do in chem section of pcat since you hadent taken the organic?

i did really well on the chem section on my pcat. i think 96 or something.
it really helped when i took ochem 233 first before doing the pcat since there were a lot of questions based on ochem.

Has anyone's status on SSC been updated yet? Mine hasn't...
Edit: It's been updated now. I was a bit worried since my registration date is on Monday.:p

Wow, the thread is so quiet today. Where are you guys?:confused:

I'm still here.
Is everybody reg date July 9 at 7:00 am.
I haven't heard anyone who has gotten a rejection letter yet. Hmm..maybe that's why this post is so dead.

I'm still here.
Is everybody reg date July 9 at 7:00 am.
I haven't heard anyone who has gotten a rejection letter yet. Hmm..maybe that's why this post is so dead.

Looks like they're gonna make us sweat it out over the weekend before we find out lol

just got accepted!!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
just got accepted!!!!! looks like i was one of the first on the wait list!!!! don't worry everyone, you'll get in too!!!!

Wow! Congrats on the acceptance:) What time did you receive the e-mail? I still haven't received anything either way and I still don't know if the rejection e-mails have been sent or not.

i got my rejection letter yesterday at 5pm....:(

Hey Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear that:( Are you going to apply again or are you gonna move on to something else? Now I'm worried myself because I haven't received an e-mail either way. Damn this is getting more and more stressful as time passes on. Now I don't know if i'm on the waitlist or waiting for a rejection letter.

i did really well on the chem section on my pcat. i think 96 or something.
it really helped when i took ochem 233 first before doing the pcat since there were a lot of questions based on ochem.

does anyone know which college offer ochem 233.? becasue i'm at douglas and they dont offer it. they offer an organic I but its not equivalent to 233 of UBC. OR ANY OTHER WAY I CAN TAKE ORGO I IN UBC SFU OR WHATEVER?

hmm...you can still get into pharmacy without organic chem.. however, it's a required course for first year pharmacy.. so you can wait to take it until you get into pharmacy. another, i would recommend taking the course because the pcat deals with some ochem.

Really starstrike? i think you may be on the waitlist... just hope for the best!
sorry to hear that mena...i believe the final decision was based on 50% grades, 40% interview, 10% extra stuff (pcat, resume, EC, etc).

Really starstrike? i think you may be on the waitlist... just hope for the best!
sorry to hear that mena...i believe the final decision was based on 50% grades, 40% interview, 10% extra stuff (pcat, resume, EC, etc).

Yeah, I'm still waiting for an e-mail lol. I'm hoping for the best. Crossing my fingers. It would really suck to be on the waitlist and then get shot down in the end. Especially since I'm so close. Ah well, I guess I will have to wait at least until Monday to find out now unless they send e-mails on weekends which I highly doubt.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for an e-mail lol. I'm hoping for the best. Crossing my fingers. It would really suck to be on the waitlist and then get shot down in the end. Especially since I'm so close. Ah well, I guess I will have to wait at least until Monday to find out now unless they send e-mails on weekends which I highly doubt.

I know how you feel right now. It must be torturing. Yes you definitely have to be on the waitlist if you didnt hear anything. For the students who got accepted, we had to send an email back by today at noon to reserve our spots. and if they didnt, then it's assumed that they are not interested..so they are probably finalizing everything today, which probably means you'll find out monday. again good luck.

Hey Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear that:( Are you going to apply again or are you gonna move on to something else? Now I'm worried myself because I haven't received an e-mail either way. Damn this is getting more and more stressful as time passes on. Now I don't know if i'm on the waitlist or waiting for a rejection letter.

Hey Starstrike:

I dont know actually... I mean, I also got rejected after the interview last year. :smuggrin: I think I will weigh out my options after I get my ranking from Margaret, but frankly I'm pretty frustrated w/ the whole admission process right now. Rejection sucks!!

does anyone know which college offer ochem 233.? becasue i'm at douglas and they dont offer it. they offer an organic I but its not equivalent to 233 of UBC. OR ANY OTHER WAY I CAN TAKE ORGO I IN UBC SFU OR WHATEVER?

Well I know that other colleges offer something else that's similar to the chem203/204 at UBC. Which is the biochem/chem major's version of orgo. You can try looking for an equivalent course of that in ur college :thumbup:

may i ask what your GPA and pcat were? or any EC?

i jus wanted to know how much the interview contributed to the decision

Well I know that other colleges offer something else that's similar to the chem203/204 at UBC. Which is the biochem/chem major's version of orgo. You can try looking for an equivalent course of that in ur college :thumbup:

does the pharm program accept the chem 203/204 ? i thought they only accept 234 and 235. i m sure my college has 203/204

Hey Starstrike:

I dont know actually... I mean, I also got rejected after the interview last year. :smuggrin: I think I will weigh out my options after I get my ranking from Margaret, but frankly I'm pretty frustrated w/ the whole admission process right now. Rejection sucks!!

You get sent a ranking? :confused:

yup you can request it. she will let you know how you rank among all other students. i dont want to find out.

yup you can request it. she will let you know how you rank among all other students. i dont want to find out.

Do you have to e-mail her specifically to request it?

i believe so, because that is what i did last year. also, you should email her in two weeks....she is really busy.

i believe so, because that is what i did last year. also, you should email her in two weeks....she is really busy.

k, thanks for the info. I don't know if I will though...I'm kinda happy not knowing :p

guys who's margaret.is she the woman that cant talk properly??i had some questions couple month ago and i called UBC she said this is margaret...anyway who is she?is she the BOSS:D?

guys who's margaret.is she the woman that cant talk properly??i had some questions couple month ago and i called UBC she said this is margaret...anyway who is she?is she the BOSS:D?

Margaret Nicholson is the Admissions Manager, she's the one responsible for collecting and organizing the applications and answering any questions you may have about the application process. She was also the one that put the labcoat on you before the interview (at she was the one that did for me when I went).

i had another lady. i had the very last interview of all applicants, so no one was there really except for camjames and another person. is our names going to be written on it?

i had another lady. i had the very last interview of all applicants, so no one was there really except for camjames and another person. is our names going to be written on it?

I think they'll just give you a nametag instead of embroidering it on the labcoat.

Damn.......looks like the waiting continues for me:scared:

anybodyelse got in?

couple days ago somebody scare the s*** outa me. she said that UBC would love to accept as many as mature student as possible. by maature she meant people who have more than the 30 pre-reqz, associates, or even bachelors.

is it TRUE?

I DONT like this way of life that more and more people get their bachelors yearly and have a greater chance of getting in...:mad:i thought it s only true for medicine and dentistry..

CAN ANYBODY MAKE THIS THING CLEAR FOR ME?

(jus to let u know ubc website says no special consideration for mature student DO THEY REALLY MEAN THAT)?

if they say it i'm sure they mean it why would they lie?

How do we pay our registration deposit? I don't see an impending payments on my ssc financial account.

couple days ago somebody scare the s*** outa me. she said that UBC would love to accept as many as mature student as possible. by maature she meant people who have more than the 30 pre-reqz, associates, or even bachelors.

is it TRUE?

I DONT like this way of life that more and more people get their bachelors yearly and have a greater chance of getting in...:mad:i thought it s only true for medicine and dentistry..

CAN ANYBODY MAKE THIS THING CLEAR FOR ME?

(jus to let u know ubc website says no special consideration for mature student DO THEY REALLY MEAN THAT)?

Pharmacy admissions is currently moving towards this. As competition increases (which in Canada is at the boiling point of competition) - a student with more experience will become a requirement. Comparing two students, both with 87 % GPAs and all other things equal - The student with more academic experience (classes completed) is preferred.

~above~

I still haven't gotten anything yet =(. I hope I'll hear something on monday...i asked margaret on the phone on friday, she told me that i'm on the waitlist and the waitlist is pretty short. Hopefully, whoever is on the waitlist would get accepted.

I still haven't gotten anything yet =(. I hope I'll hear something on monday...i asked margaret on the phone on friday, she told me that i'm on the waitlist and the waitlist is pretty short. Hopefully, whoever is on the waitlist would get accepted.

Hey Buttercup, that makes the two of us; except I haven't been able to get a hold of Margaret at all. It keeps going to her voicemail, but at least you got through to her. I actually feel much better now because you said that she said the waitlist is quite short. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the both of us.

does anybody know how many are in the waitlist?:confused:
I didnt get rejection nor acceptance mail..so I guess lm in the waitlist too
I heard that there are 10 people but l'm not quite sure.

wow really? you haven't heard anything?
well i think you might definitely know today.. it's monday. and people who no longer wants to be in pharmacy at ubc must have given their notice on friday.

does anybody know how many are in the waitlist?:confused:
I didnt get rejection nor acceptance mail..so I guess lm in the waitlist too
I heard that there are 10 people but l'm not quite sure.

I'd like to know as well. For some reason I can't get through to Margaret, I keep getting her voicemail "Hi you have reached Margaret" lol Has anyone else tried to call her today?

I tried too...and no one picked up =(. I don't have a very good feeling about this waiting...it's really frustrating me.

I tried calling again and still received no answer. What's wrong with these people lol

Okay, I finally got through to Margaret, she said that there is a very small group of people currently on the waitlist (a few ppl). They said they're waiting to finalize the number of spaces they can alot to this years class and the number of people who declined their offers. She said the people on the waitlist should find out soon, in a few days or so. Also, she said that some of the waitlisted applicants still need to provide their final transcripts (they're sorting that out as we speak). So it looks like the waiting game continues for us waitlisters.

still waiting...:(
it's almost 3pm...and there's still no reply.