U of Waterloo 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish U of T released admission info first.

I can't even believe how close the day is! OH MY GOSH! I freak out every time I think about it! When do you guys hear back from Toronto?

Members don't see this ad :)
The 25th. What is the day exactly for UW?

can't believe it's tomorrow... good luck everyone!

What will it say on Quest if you're not admitted? I know from last year's threads that it says admit if you're in, but no real word on what it will say if we don't get accepted!
AHHHHHHHHHH :)

Just wanted to say good luck to you guys! :) I hope you all hear good news tomorrow!

has anyone heard yet?!?! i'm going crazy already...

You're inviting a troll... We all hear at the same time

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!! I'm so thrilled.. I think UW is my close second choice to U of T but I would be SO HAPPY to go to Waterloo too! Hopefully everyone else gets some good news today!

U of t is my first choice too but i think uw is harder to get into... Now I'm in a good mood!

Congrats!!!!! I'm so thrilled.. I think UW is my close second choice to U of T but I would be SO HAPPY to go to Waterloo too! Hopefully everyone else gets some good news today!
did you guys receive email too ?

No e-mails yet.. on quest my application status changed from "application" to "admit"
I'm sure they don't do it all at once on quest so at this point no news is probably good news!
i'm thinking e-mails will go out shortly and everyone will get that at the same time

No e-mails yet.. on quest my application status changed from "application" to "admit"
I'm sure they don't do it all at once on quest so at this point no news is probably good news!
i'm thinking e-mails will go out shortly and everyone will get that at the same time

accepteddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay got my number two and number 3 choices lol! i think UW sounds pretty amazing right now!

Good luck everyone!

YAYYYY :)

got into my first choice school!!!!! So happy I'm shaking lol.
Kind of freaked out when I saw everyone was getting acceptances when I was only checking my e-mail.

Congrats everyone! Can't wait to meet everyone :)

Congrats everyone! I didn't get accepted :(... heres to hoping U of T is good news. Again... grats!

ahh... no news for me :( but for those of us who didn't get in (yet), there's always the waiting list! keep your hopes up!

so for everybody who got accepted did you guys all finish pre-reqs???

hanj did u finish pre-req btw???

I got accepted but I still have to fulfill the Stats pre-req.

Read last year's thread.. it seems like the quest info wasn't posted all at once. so don't give up hope yet! And waitlist is not a bad place to be this year since a lot of people will be going to U of T instead and some people might be wary of the government changes.
As for the question about the prerequisites, yes, I have all of those completed!

You'll knowvin a couple hours... If it's any consolation, there's only a 5% chance i'll go to uw so there's one spot for the waiting list

I probably won't go to waterloo either but I need a backup to calm my ****ing mind

Hi everyone! I have been reading these boards for a while now and I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone who has been accepted! My quest account was updated at 9:30 this morning, but it seems like others were updated a bit later. So I think for those who have not heard anything there is still a chance! Congradulations to everyone who has been admitted and I am still hopeful for those who are still waiting! I am still waiting for my email as well.

Congradulations again! I can't wait until January!

Sorry to bother all of you..i was wondering those that got accepted if you can please post your gpa, who wrote your LOF, and Months of pharmacy experience...that would be great to all those that will be applying next year..

Thanks alot and Congratulations!

My GPA is around 81%, after completing all of the prereqs
My LOR was done by a Pharmacist who I have known since I was young; I job shadowed her for a month last summer as well. I also job shadowed a hospital pharmacist for 1 day.
I have other ECs and job experience unrelated to pharmacy. (hospital volunteering, etc)

We will not know for sure for those who haven't been accepted yet until e-mails are sent out. I wouldn't lose all hope! But keep in mind that if you don't get in this year you have a chance to boost your average and experience for next year. I'm also sure that the admissions committee sees it when people apply multiple times - it shows you are serious and passionate about the profession. you will also be familiar with the process by next year.

Congrats to those who know already, and good luck to those still waiting! (I personally can't wait until next Friday and we know both about UW and U of T)

ok I got officially denied:(

Oh well hope this becomes easier next year

what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
gpa, lof and pharmacy experience?

thanks

From what I've heard gpa isn't accounted for after the interview and that acceptance is based solely on the interview/reading-writing comprehension component. I may be wrong though.

From what I've heard gpa isn't accounted for after the interview and that acceptance is based solely on the interview/reading-writing comprehension component. I may be wrong though.

Thats partially true. The final decision is MAINLY based on interview and the RC test. A rough estimate would be 80% interview/RC and 20% GPA for the final decision.

I cant log in to Quest cus I forgot my password and I haven't received an email yet ....
so hard to waitttttt

Thats partially true. The final decision is MAINLY based on interview and the RC test. A rough estimate would be 80% interview/RC and 20% GPA for the final decision.

Who told you that? Ken told me gpa was only rarely a factor after interviews

I just finished 2nd year, 3.5 cGPA, 1 year pharmacy exp volunteering as of now, LOR from Pharmacist in the pharmacy, 1 year + 1 summer research experience in Biological chemistry lab (Currently on NSERC), many other ECs but all unrelated to pharmacy

Missing Microbio pre-req, and my last semester marks are pretty bad (Bs and B+s) because my research project got very busy...

Either that or I messed up RC/WR and interview badly

Last edited: