U of T Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey everyone!
Decisions are out. I'm accepted! Will be posting stats later (just got up so kinda still sleepy+excited) hahaha. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made the facebook group.

I hope nobody gets mad!

What is the name of the group? I'm having some trouble finding it lol!
I can't wait to meet all of you!

haha only two people WLed so far and both upper half? Anyone else?

Hmm.

Rejected again, not even wailisted, same as last year. Last year, I could blame it on PCAT (overall 85% but 15% verbal), now I wonder what is wrong this year, and whether or not I should still aim for pharmacy..

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i got in!!! SOOO surprised! i was not expecting too! Anyways I am hoping for UBC soo hopefully somone will be moving off the waitlist! :)

Hmm.

Rejected again, not even wailisted, same as last year. Last year, I could blame it on PCAT (overall 85% but 15% verbal), now I wonder what is wrong this year, and whether or not I should still aim for pharmacy..

What were ur stats like if you don't mind me asking?

hey guys i got accepted as well! i will most likely go to uw though, so that is good for anyone who is on the upper end of the waitlist.

I made a logo for the group! lol

And wow.. 20 people!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was wondering that among those who got into both u of t and waterloo, how many students prefer U of T?

Last edited:
hi, i got into both, and i am not really 100% sure of my decision as there are great advantages to both schools, but i am leaning towards uw because of the co-op program, community projects, don't have to do all the basic sci courses again (i just finished my degree), work with real cadavers, more business courses, and i live in the waterloo region-so financial reasons, and it is a newer school so i have a feeling that it might be able to adapt to the changes to pharmacy in ontario (but don't quote me on that, it is just an assumption). but omg it is going to be so difficult for me to turn down u of t.

hi, i got into both, and i am not really 100% sure of my decision as there are great advantages to both schools, but i am leaning towards uw because of the co-op program, community projects, don't have to do all the basic sci courses again (i just finished my degree), work with real cadavers, more business courses, and i live in the waterloo region-so financial reasons, and it is a newer school so i have a feeling that it might be able to adapt to the changes to pharmacy in ontario (but don't quote me on that, it is just an assumption). but omg it is going to be so difficult for me to turn down u of t.

Ok so if you are not sure which one to pick, then all I can tell you is that on my interview day at waterloo, I asked one of their students that where is the hardest place to get a co-op placement, and she said down town toronto. you have to realize that if you study at u of t, you will have the chance of getting your practicum at st. micheals, mount sinai, university health network, and sick kids hospitals (because they are all affiliated with u of t) and that will help you get hired faster after graduation as you can make connection while studying. i really hope that you choose u of t, but let me know which one you decide to go for when you make your final decision. plus u of t is one of the best universities in the world, waterloo is not fully accredited yet, so that is another reason to go for u of t,...

95% pcat. 79% gpa.

WOW, those are pretty solid stats... The only thing might be the interview (how did you feel about the interview?)

Also, they care about chem a lot, did you have good marks in all your chem courses?

It is really sad that you didn't make it with really good stats... but you never know, maybe it's meant to be (something better than pharmacy in future) :)

WOW, those are pretty solid stats... The only thing might be the interview (how did you feel about the interview?)

Also, they care about chem a lot, did you have good marks in all your chem courses?

It is really sad that you didn't make it with really good stats... but you never know, maybe it's meant to be (something better than pharmacy in future) :)

hi, did you get to both u of t and waterloo? which one do you prefer?

hi, did you get to both u of t and waterloo? which one do you prefer?

didn't apply to waterloo (1st year just finished) but got rejected for interview at UofT since I had a 19 on my verbal pcat (sucks only one point away) :mad:

Congrats on your acceptance! do you mind if you share you stats with us (and also others too PLEASE) thanks ;)

lol

dude I think you should tatoo a "I DIE FOR WATERLOO" on ur forehead!

ur hilarious!

lol, really? why? if that is what you think then it means i shuold delete the stuff that i wrote,lol!! no no i prefer u of t, because it is down town toronto and there is a possibility of getting all the practicums in down town toronto hospitals, they are all affiliated with u of t, versus for waterloo students it is hard to get to those hospitals for their co-op (or at least that is what one of the higher year students at waterloo told us on our interview day) ok which one do you prefer?

Last edited:
What kind of pisses me off is NEXT year they're starting the new and improved curriculum. It makes me wonder if we'll have to take an extra semester to get an EL PharmD.

Ok so if you are not sure which one to pick, then all I can tell you is that on my interview day at waterloo, I asked one of their students that where is the hardest place to get a co-op placement, and she said down town toronto. you have to realize that if you study at u of t, you will have the chance of getting your practicum at st. micheals, mount sinai, university health network, and sick kids hospitals (because they are all affiliated with u of t) and that will help you get hired faster after graduation as you can make connection while studying. i really hope that you choose u of t, but let me know which one you decide to go for when you make your final decision. plus u of t is one of the best universities in the world, waterloo is not fully accredited yet, so that is another reason to go for u of t,...
Actually, it is hard to get a community position in downtown TO. However, I am currently in a North Toronto hospital and pharmacy students from UW have consistently been taken in by St Mikes and Mount Sinai. There are plenty a opportunity to make connections in the toronto hospital world

i got in too!!! i can't believe it.

well, this is kinda interesting, my interview for ubc is tomorrow :p

EEP! I GOT IN <33 I'm so excited. I sat there for 30 minutes staring at the decisions link until I worked up the courage to open it. I can't wait to see all of you guys.

What kind of pisses me off is NEXT year they're starting the new and improved curriculum. It makes me wonder if we'll have to take an extra semester to get an EL PharmD.

I asked both u of t, and waterloo, and if they change to pharmd then they would both have an extra semester added!!!

Another thing: Currently working in a TO hospital meeting pharmacist who just transferred from other TO hospitals, the notion is UW pharmacy is good and it is a great program. This is amongst the practicing pharmacists. Why do they say this? Because we are out there starting first year making connections. They get to see us first hand. UT is a great school. UW is a great school. It is a personal choice. We will all end up working together one day. So stop dissing and grow up

Another thing: Currently working in a TO hospital meeting pharmacist who just transferred from other TO hospitals, the notion is UW pharmacy is good and it is a great program. This is amongst the practicing pharmacists. Why do they say this? Because we are out there starting first year making connections. They get to see us first hand. UT is a great school. UW is a great school. It is a personal choice. We will all end up working together one day. So stop dissing and grow up

ok I am sorry, ... i did not mean to offend anybody, the whole point of posting what I wrote was to see everyone's opinion and tell them my own opinion and see which school others prefer,... plus I was just saying studying and working down town toronto is more convenient for those who live in toronto, that is all, practicum and school all in the same place, than to go to waterloo for 4 months, and come back to toronto and work for 4 months, so much moving back and forth, just thinking about renting a place in waterloo for just 4 months and going and coming back looking for a new place within itself is enough headache to prefer u of t, i was not trying to belittle waterloo, ...

Last edited:
ok I am sorry, which one do you prefer? u of t or waterloo?
I am currently a UW pharm student. However, both schools are fabulous. I work with UT students. Both our programs will prepare us. go for what you like and what you want for the next 4 years. The outcome in 4 years will be the same.

Holy crap I got in!! Stats are 71% pcat (amazing in the sciences and math, crap in the englishes). 87% gpa and a decent to well interview. So there is hope for those scoring lower on the pcat. That's good for future applicants to know. Today is a great day. I'll be joining the facebook group.

Yay I got accepted :)
But UT isnt my first choice like i have mentioned before
so someone is probably gonna get my spot :p

PCAT chem: 99%.

GPA chem:

Physical 1st yr: 75%
Organic 1st yr: 71%
Physical 2nd yr: 70%
Organic 2nd yr: 81%

Sigh..interview? I had no clue whether or not it was good or bad when walking out of the building, but did my best. Judging by the results today, I suppose the interview results were, in fact, pretty bad..

Now I wonder what could that "better than pharmacy" thing be..I did research and didn't like it, so that rules out grad school...and my confidence for any professional schools (including pharmacy) is currently equivlant to none..

Hmm.

Dont worry Escse. And cheer up :(. There is always hope for those who chase after it without giving up.

GPA chem:

Sigh..interview? I had no clue whether or not it was good or bad when walking out of the building, but did my best. Judging by the results today, I suppose the interview results were, in fact, pretty bad..

Now I wonder what could that "better than pharmacy" thing be..I did research and didn't like it, so that rules out grad school...and my confidence for any professional schools (including pharmacy) is currently equivlant to none..

Hmm.

GPA chem:

Hmm.

Well, obv your stats are very solid... it should be the interview then.
And by "better than pharmacy" : I meant that you never know what's gonna happen later in life... maybe you end up doing something that you like more than pharmacy!

BTW, are you applying again next year?

Congrad every oneeeeeeeeee, you all deserve the best.
Please can you post your stat for us?
Please if your name is not on the list, add your stat, so we can know whats our chance for next year

chemreactionxxx 80.8 82 moderate
eyecandy5 82 92
pharmaniac
byork 82.6 96
nonzerosum 78
darkblue good
asuw
pharmazing
ksksks 74.3 90 excellent
chingoosarang 81 88
onionman 76.2 89
jh90 81 87
kalium ok
horroboy
hanj7
pharmacist1 91 83
parishilton2
hotpink12 76 80 bad
ilovechcolate 81.6 92 moderate
staffpro
ss2006
hurahman
rano 76 76
luso
celltech cycle 82.5 79 very good[

saltynose
natasha
tissane22
Famacie

Last edited:
hi Hasan,
dont rely on other ppl's stats to predict your possibility
its all about you !

if you have 70 or higher on both PCAT and cGPA
it all comes down to interview...
of course, the high scores, the better.

good luck !

p.s. these stats seem highly skewed -_-; nobody had 60's in PCAT..

Congrad every oneeeeeeeeee, you all deserve the best.
Please can you post your stat for us?
Please if your name is not on the list, add your stat, so we can know whats our chance for next year

chemreactionxxx 80.8 82 moderate
eyecandy5 82 92
pharmaniac
byork 82.6 96
nonzerosum 78
darkblue good
asuw
pharmazing
ksksks 74.3 90 excellent
chingoosarang 81 88
onionman 76.2 89
jh90 81 87