U of T Pharmacy 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1000 for suit + shoes + dress shirt
250 on PCAT books
300 Application fee
70 on sending transcripts and other stuff
160 on writing PCAT
680 for flying back and forth to Toronto

holy crap...who would have realized i spent over 2500 on this.
And I probbably have to pay deposit fees because UT not my first choice

Your SDNer credit points are losing due to unreal-statement to cause controversiality.:)

Sorry:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

its called attending 4 institutions during my undergrad years + high school transcript.

please do not be so ignorant. Why would I lie about how much things cost? Would you lie about such things on the forum? LOL

-1 for your ignorance

its called attending 4 institutions during my undergrad years + high school transcript.

please do not be so ignorant. Why would I lie about how much things cost? Would you lie about such things on the forum? LOL

-1 for your ignorance

lol I also had to pay from 2 unis + high school... + rush order fees since I was lazy & waited far too long to send transcripts :p I probably paid more than 70 myself

Members don't see this ad :)
:confused::confused:
1000 for suit + shoes + dress shirt
250 on PCAT books
300 Application fee
70 on sending transcripts and other stuff
160 on writing PCAT
680 for flying back and forth to Toronto

holy crap...who would have realized i spent over 2500 on this.
And I probbably have to pay deposit fees because UT not my first choice

All I meant is your statement about transcripts confusing the other SDNers.

If you still think that your statement was not confusing anyone, I would take it back and apology.:)

Gosh I'm really nervous guys. My combined GPA and PCAT sits at a mere 83, with the PCAT being the higher of the two. I really can't assess my interview- hopefully all went as it was supposed to.

I want to find out so bad if I'm in but at the same time I kinda don't :oops:

Does anyone know if they consider how many years of university are contributing towards your GPA. For example is a person coming out of 2nd year with a 3.6 looked at the same as a 4th year with a 3.6.
I'm starting to fill this week with any activities I can find, as I can't stop thinking/worrying about Friday. :scared:

Gosh I'm really nervous guys. My combined GPA and PCAT sits at a mere 83, with the PCAT being the higher of the two. I really can't assess my interview- hopefully all went as it was supposed to.

I want to find out so bad if I'm in but at the same time I kinda don't :oops:

do they really combine the two as a way of ranking individuals?

hey all you toronto go-ers!
Just wanna get some insight onto your pharmacy MMIs.. I have one coming up. Took a bioethics course so I'm hoping I can harness some of that knowledge. I just REALLY need to ace this interview since my grades are like... mid-ish 70s :-S (damn full time work during school!!)
obviously I'm not talking about U of T
but ya ANY advice would be great
any practice material?
PM me if you wanna be confidential!!
thanks in advance!

The UBC scenarios will probably be different. There are practice scenarios floating around the internet. But be prepared for ethical scenarios, what-if situations, explaining yourself and "acting." There's nothing more I can say.

4 days, I've gotten rejected from every other uni i applied to for pharmacy so it is all riding on uoft

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys knew what proportion of applicants are from out of province. I know it's the 10% max but there seem to be a fair bit of applicants this cycle from there (and from the looks of it in the interview- I think the lady asked and like 5-6 said they were from BC). Is it true they'll be taking a higher percentage this year? I say this because at the info night someone asked and they said they MIGHT increase it...

Any insight would be nice. Thanks!

haha we go to the same school cheesecake lol

lol funny thought that i probably walked past you at school sometime or another XD.
and about the pharmacy cuts, im thinking of practicing at alberta or even the states after i graduate. i don't see why i would work in a province where the its government demonizes and belittles pharmacists.
thanks ontario for money used to pay for mt 12 years of public education and money that will fund my OSAP~

4 more days to go!

thanks ontario for money used to pay for mt 12 years of public education and money that will fund my OSAP~

Ontario thanks you for the taxes you will pay for the rest of your life.

does anyone know what time of day on friday it will be?? I remember how horrible clicking every two seconds for hours till 8 or 7 last time was

I wrote the pcat two days ago. I was wondering those of you that wrote it last year, if you could please give me some feedback. what %of the questions were you guys getting correct in your practise test(for bio and other sections) and how did you do on the actual pcat. How many questions did you guys guess on the quantitative?

thanks

does anyone know what time of day on friday it will be?? I remember how horrible clicking every two seconds for hours till 8 or 7 last time was

I don't think they mentioned the exact timing, just before the end of the day. Ya i know what you mean, last time they drove me nuts, I really hope they put it up early in the morning so we can enjoy the rest of the day! lol

I don't think they mentioned the exact timing, just before the end of the day. Ya i know what you mean, last time they drove me nuts, I really hope they put it up early in the morning so we can enjoy the rest of the day! lol

Hahahahh I hope so but I am not sure what will be happened at the end.

I am so nervous and anxiety neurosis high.:scared:

Last edited:
anyone find out if G20 will affect the release of the results, portal says every building on uoft campus is closed 24-28.... soooo are these results like pre-input into the computer and released the 25th?

I e-mailed them with that questions and they said that the G20 summit will have no affect.

:whoa:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

I'm glad the G20 summit won't affect when we hear back from U of T. I honestly think they'll put it up towards the end of the day...that's just the way they roll lol. I still hope they'll put it up earlier. :xf:

I'm glad the G20 summit won't affect when we hear back from U of T. I honestly think they'll put it up towards the end of the day...that's just the way they roll lol. I still hope they'll put it up earlier. :xf:

you never know ;)

My plan is sleep late on THurday so that i wake up naturally really late. If you end up waking up too early and it's not out, your gonna be refreshing all day LOL. I rather wake up and get the news :)

My plan is sleep late on THurday so that i wake up naturally really late. If you end up waking up too early and it's not out, your gonna be refreshing all day LOL. I rather wake up and get the news :)

lol i like that idea but too bad for me i have work on friday morning; I guess i'm just gonna have to try and avoid going on the internet;)

I'm starting to become nervous about the loans.

For anyone who's interested. OSAP will cover only about $11k. If you're still in financial need, the school will give you the rest of what they think you need up to $2k. There is also a bursary available in early October for $800.

Then they will negotiate a loan for you with Scotiabank for the rest (prime + 2 = 4.5%, but it is a floating rate so it will change), supposedly covering your interest payments while you're still at U of T.

Work study is also available for $10.66 an hour + what the department pays you (usually 1-3 dollars extra. at my old school it was based on what year you were in). As soon as school starts on Sept 7th, submit a Declaration of Eligibility/Hiring form.

Here are related websites:
http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/html/financial aid/workstudy.htm
http://www.careers.utoronto.ca/jobsearch/workstudy.aspx?tr=

So that's extra money, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm starting to become nervous about the loans.

For anyone who's interested. OSAP will cover only about $11k. If you're still in financial need, the school will give you the rest of what they think you need up to $2k. There is also a bursary available in early October for $800.

Then they will negotiate a loan for you with Scotiabank for the rest (prime + 2 = 4.5%, but it is a floating rate so it will change), supposedly covering your interest payments while you're still at U of T.

Work study is also available for $10.66 an hour + what the department pays you (usually 1-3 dollars extra. at my old school it was based on what year you were in). As soon as school starts on Sept 7th, submit a Declaration of Eligibility/Hiring form.

Here are related websites:
http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/html/financial aid/workstudy.htm
http://www.careers.utoronto.ca/jobsearch/workstudy.aspx?tr=

So that's extra money, I guess.

+1
Job well done.;)

Ok waiting is torture, I don't even mind if i get a rejection letter, i just want to know!! so i can plan courses for next year !!!!!!!

I wasnt thinking about it for the longest time, but now that it is so close it is the only thing on my mind !!!!

This is a litte late, but for those thinking that people using pharmacy as a back up are doing the wrong thing are being unrealistic. University of Toronto speicifically states that applicants to the pharmacy program should have a back up, as pharmacy is a very competitive program. And it shouldn't be any different for medical school. I know that I want to be a Pharmacist, but is it wrong for me to apply to nursing, paramedics, medicine etc. Absolutely not. If I can't get into Pharmacy, does that mean I shouldn't apply to any other program because I'm using it as a back up? Should I just keep applying to Pharmacy for the rest of my life?

Many people trying to get into medicine out of pharmacy won't succeed. It would be unrealistic for them to not enter the program soley based on the fact that they still want to get into medical school. And while they are waisting all that time trying to get into medical school, they could have had a career in pharmacy. And it certainly does not mean that they are not passionate about the field. For that reason I don't blame anyone entering a program as a back up plan. You need to keep all your doors open.

It is possible to be passionate about more than one field.

Good Luck on Thursday guys! I know how you all feel but just hang in there :) . We can't wait to see you all at Phrosh (Pharmacy frosh) week!

Thank goodness I have a job to keep me occupied. I couldn't imagine sitting around all day thinking about when we get our answer! I wish you all the best (and remain calm!!!!).

Unfortunately its friday not thursday:(

Lol my bad... It was Friday for us but they delayed it till Monday at 5pm and let us know Friday afternoon (worse day ever!). Worse thing ever! Don't worry though, I'm sure things will turn out :)

I really hope it won't be delayed like last year. To kill my anxiety I try to fill my day up as much as possible. Good luck to everyone that is awaiting Friday.

if they delay the results, i'll be so mad! i mean all this waiting is killing me...

U of T has no real reason to torture us like this. We could have found out months ago...

At least U of T is better than UBC which just had its interviews a couple days ago.

hahahah.. if they delay it until monday without at least informing us i will just go to waterloo.. u of t is so far up its own ass it bothers me sometimes..

hopefully that wont happen and we will all get our happy ending etc

good luck everyone

28th at midnight, ie. the Monday after this friday.

does anyone know how long we get before we have to accept UT offer?

Lol my bad... It was Friday for us but they delayed it till Monday at 5pm and let us know Friday afternoon (worse day ever!). Worse thing ever! Don't worry though, I'm sure things will turn out :)

omg if they do that this time im gonna have a heart attack, its enough that we had to wait till now to find out. What bothers me is that UW already gave out their results and their classes don't start till january while, UOFT classes start in september and we hear from them after UW:wtf: