TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gosh Knickerbocker, this is really starting to suck for us eh. So if us ed'rs get reviewed every other week, anyone know the schedule of when they do the reviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Gosh Knickerbocker, this is really starting to suck for us eh. So if us ed'rs get reviewed every other week, anyone know the schedule of when they do the reviews?

Yeah... uh... that would be every other week... assuming your statement is correct... "Ed'rs" are reviewed with everyone else pretty soon... maybe the reviews were "every other week" because Spring Break was in there somewhere...

and Evildarklord chill out man... you interviewed in Abilene the same day as me... we were both reviewed last week... and we should hear something tomorrow or Tuesday (since this was exactly what happened with the first group)... no one from Abilene 22 has heard anything... when they do you'll see me, Redley, phamTTU, or any of a number of random first time posters on this thread letting you know... then you can worry...

First of all...congrats to all who have received an acceptance letter...for those of you still waiting...hang in there! Most people in Abilene do dress up because the program at Abilene is not accredited yet. I don't know if Abilene will continue their tradition of dressing up next year...but for those in Amarillo.. we are only required to dress up on lab days and special occasions.

Are you positive about that? :confused::confused::confused: I don't recall hearing that anywhere. And as Knick says, it's a satellite program.

Members don't see this ad :)

well the deadline for the "ED" acceptances is the 31st. I would expect them to send another round of offers before then. After that, those who are interviewed early will be compared to other applicants.

omg, i just about gave up on tx tech when i got a letter in the mail with confetti in it. i interviewed on 2/15, and got my acceptance letter on 3/22. gosh, what took them so long? anyway, i'm glad the wait is over. checked my online status and it hasn't been updated to "accept offer" either. makes me think it might not be real.

btw, i am from houston. i've been assigned 2 yrs in amarillo, and 2 yrs in dallas to be with my bf at the end. i'm very happy. things are finally working out the way i've been praying for.

if i ever hear from uh, it will be a very tough decision. but for now, i'm just celebrating being able to stay in texas! good luck to the rest of you. :hello:

Congrats pharm friend~~!!!!! We are finally accepted to the same school~~so happy for you.:thumbup::clap:

omg, i just about gave up on tx tech when i got a letter in the mail with confetti in it. i interviewed on 2/15, and got my acceptance letter on 3/22. gosh, what took them so long? anyway, i'm glad the wait is over. checked my online status and it hasn't been updated to "accept offer" either. makes me think it might not be real.

btw, i am from houston. i've been assigned 2 yrs in amarillo, and 2 yrs in dallas to be with my bf at the end. i'm very happy. things are finally working out the way i've been praying for.

if i ever hear from uh, it will be a very tough decision. but for now, i'm just celebrating being able to stay in texas! good luck to the rest of you. :hello:

It's real. Mine has not been updated yet. I also interviewed 2/15 and got my letter on 3/22.

I got in too!!!!! man i was so anxious about it all wk long; i was checking the website and mail.... and it finally came in today! i opened it up and saw the confetti and knew right away that it was GOOD!!!

btw, i'll be at Amarillo and last 2 yrs in Dallas. Congrats to everybody that got in! and for those that went to Feb 22 interview (that's when i had mine), you'll probably get it Monday

Congrats!!!
Where are you from?

So apparently... ignoring those annoying immunization emails will keep your application/interview from being reviewed... or so I heard from a 9 AM wake-up call from Texas Tech this morning...

Seems kinda harsh to me... if I hadn't answered the "Unknown" call this morning (or had been in class) I would never have known... I assumed this was the kind of stuff that would get worked out after acceptance...

off to get a new tetanus shot... I'm pretty sure i had one... i just don't know where the documentation is...:mad:

So apparently... ignoring those annoying immunization emails will keep your application/interview from being reviewed... or so I heard from a 9 AM wake-up call from Texas Tech this morning...

Seems kinda harsh to me... if I hadn't answered the "Unknown" call this morning (or had been in class) I would never have known... I assumed this was the kind of stuff that would get worked out after acceptance...

off to get a new tetanus shot... I'm pretty sure i had one... i just don't know where the documentation is...:mad:

When u start getting those phone calls. Then know u have been accepted, but they can't make the offer till u turn in ur records. so do so ASAP.

i'm pretty sure that is just a computer generated e-mail..... i remember them saying something about that ..... i keep getting the same email and my stuff is all up to date except for the tb and cpr

When u start getting those phone calls. Then know u have been accepted, but they can't make the offer till u turn in ur records. so do so ASAP.

That's the vibe I got... "Are you still interested in TTUHSC, because we cannot review you for acceptance until your records are complete"... "You really need to get this done as quick as possible... today if possible"... I was still half asleep at the time...

and mpppharm... yes the emails look computer generated... but the phone call wasn't...

They couldn't send you name forward if you haven't taken the tetanus shot. This what Ms. Harrison urged me to take the shot in the e-mail 4 days before I got accepted. So I would say you may probably get accepted soon~~!!;)

Abilene IS accredited. TTUHSC SOP is accredited through the ACPE through mid 2012. Whenever a program expansion occurs (such as Abilene) the ACPE monitors the progress of the expansion, but the program still falls under the schools accreditation.
The ACPE was on site last fall to monitor the program and it was considered "acceptable".
In the process of monitoring the new program at Abilene, both campuses will be visited this fall. This is a normal process that occurs when there is an expansion of a program.

Members don't see this ad :)

So I got the shot... it hurt... sent the documentation to Ms. Harrison (don't know if that should be Ms. Mrs. or Dr. so I'll go with what has already been posted) and she confirmed everything was ok now.

I hope this means an acceptance is looming... but we'll see. Mine should have been reviewed last Tuesday and if accepted would have been offered acceptance online today or tomorrow based on the timing of the other group.

If nothing else... at least I can now safely resume my daily routine of gouging myself with rusty nails.

Partykiki: Was your email the standard "Your immunizations will expire in 14 days" with a link... or did you get something more personal...?

So I got the shot... it hurt... sent the documentation to Ms. Harrison (don't know if that should be Ms. Mrs. or Dr. so I'll go with what has already been posted) and she confirmed everything was ok now.

I hope this means an acceptance is looming... but we'll see. Mine should have been reviewed last Tuesday and if accepted would have been offered acceptance online today or tomorrow based on the timing of the other group.

If nothing else... at least I can now safely resume my daily routine of gouging myself with rusty nails.

Nguyen: I haven't been accepted yet... just been pressured into getting shots... and I'll make that decision at a later date.

Sorry Zimmerman, I didn't mean to quote-reply to you... but I hope your acceptance/shot thing gets cleared up soon

Sorry Zimmerman, I didn't mean to quote-reply to you... but I hope your acceptance/shot thing gets cleared up soon

I was like... what's this guy talking about... it makes more sense now lol

I called them today to find out if I got in or not. I didn't. So I went ahead and confirmed the other interviews. But good luck to you guys!

My interview with Tech was really awful - it's embarrassing to think about. So I'm not surprised I didn't get in, just disappointed, because it was my first choice.

I did get a UT interview invite today, though, so it's not all bad!

Haha sorry to everyone...I provided false information about Abilene not being accredited...I feel stupid and am going to delete my post.

okay seriously... tech has the best staff ever!!! they work with you so much to get your stuff resolved!!! i'm sooooo impressed!!!

Mine is a personal e-mail titled "Immunizations" from Ms. Harrison. The content is the following:
[My name],
"The Committee is making offers this week. I cannot send your name forward until I have a current tetanus. Please submit immediately. Thank you."
[Her name]

No link provided. Hope this helps you to get some idea.

Partykiki: Was your email the standard "Your immunizations will expire in 14 days" with a link... or did you get something more personal...?

I called them today to find out if I got in or not. I didn't. So I went ahead and confirmed the other interviews. But good luck to you guys!

My interview with Tech was really awful - it's embarrassing to think about. So I'm not surprised I didn't get in, just disappointed, because it was my first choice.

I did get a UT interview invite today, though, so it's not all bad!

They have officially rejected you? I thought they will not reject any students until May/ all spots are filled.:scared:

They have officially rejected you? I thought they will not reject any students until May/ all spots are filled.:scared:

No, not officially. I just didn't get in for this round.

Has anyone received interview invites for April yet??

I actually got my second Hep B shot today. It hurts too! It doesn't hurt when the needle first goes in but afterwards it stings. I just wanted to say that I feel your pain. :laugh:

alllright! that means you,knickerbocker, can go to TECH and quit being mad about UT. ALSO...that opens up a spot at a&m. haha:p congrats on your about-to-be-acceptance

OK so... after all that drama yesterday...

I've been accepted to the Texas Tech SOP

My online status must have been updated just now... since they open at 8 probably and it is only 9.

I am officially going to pharmacy school somewhere... next semester... wow.

Therefore... any Abilene 22 interviewers... and previous "recycled" candidates... go check i guess.

Now I can sit and wait for A&M in a little more peace before making a decision.

Can I click "Accept Offer" to see a little more info without actually... accepting the offer?

P.S. My arm hurts when I lift it...

Congratulations on your acceptance! :clap:

No invite here.

Anyone know when they send out invitations for the April interviews?
I received my invite on March 12th. I'm not sure if there is a specific time that they send the invites out for April. When I got mine, they still had spots open for March 17th. Anyway, goodluck to you!

Anyone here going to Amarillo for the April 11th interview? Any advice from previous interviewers.

My online status must have been updated just now... since they open at 8 probably and it is only 9.

Therefore... any Abilene 22 interviewers... and previous "recycled" candidates... go check i guess.

Can I click "Accept Offer" to see a little more info without actually... accepting the offer?

CONGRATS!!! WOOHOO!!!!

there isn't anymore info. it just has who u need to contact for certain things (i.e. financial aid, immunizations, etc.)

I received my invite on March 12th. I'm not sure if there is a specific time that they send the invites out for April. When I got mine, they still had spots open for March 17th. Anyway, goodluck to you!

Anyone here going to Amarillo for the April 11th interview? Any advice from previous interviewers.

That's great to hear! After an entire year of dedicating yourself, I hope you are rewarded.

So my guessing was right!!!!
:biglove:CONGRATS, Robert~~!!:hardy::biglove:

wow, who would have thought this would be so depressing to read everyone getting accepted but me:(

don't worry imperialto, ur not the only one who got recycled.... i thought i aced the interview, but i guess i didn't do as grat as i thought i did

Have u done ur backgroung check for TTUHSFC. If yes pls brief me on that, cos I am a liitle confused.

Have u done ur backgroung check for TTUHSFC. If yes pls brief me on that, cos I am a liitle confused.

i just did it a few hours ago, but i was a bit confused about it too. i just went to the website, completed and faxed the Consent for Release form, then ordered the background check which was just filling out my info and paying the fee at the end with my credit card. afterwards, i got a confirmation email from tx tech saying that my order has been processed through the website. i don't know if there's anything else to it, but i'm just gonna assume that's it until i hear something else from them later. hope that helps!

CONGRATS! Hopefully by the end of next week, you'll hear something from A & M as well.

Does anyone know when we hear about the march interviews? I know they look at the 7th, the 14th, and the 17th at the same time - and all early admission decisions go out by the 31st. So sometime after that I'm assuming? I'm just sooo anxious!

Also, are they still giving out interviews for April?

Thanks everyone: RNtoPharmacy, Partykiki, Achilleus, phamTTU

i just did it a few hours ago, but i was a bit confused about it too. i just went to the website, completed and faxed the Consent for Release form, then ordered the background check which was just filling out my info and paying the fee at the end with my credit card. afterwards, i got a confirmation email from tx tech saying that my order has been processed through the website. i don't know if there's anything else to it, but i'm just gonna assume that's it until i hear something else from them later. hope that helps!

Thanks for the info.

when do you guys plan on buying your laptops? i want to get a 12.1", but the minimum specifications say 13.1". do you think it really makes a difference? i like small laptops. i was looking at the dell latitude D430. any suggestions based on personal experience?

when do you guys plan on buying your laptops? i want to get a 12.1", but the minimum specifications say 13.1". do you think it really makes a difference? i like small laptops. i was looking at the dell latitude D430. any suggestions based on personal experience?

they said that the size of the screen didn't matter, as long as it had all of the specifications..... congrats on getting accepted.... where are u gonna be located?????

Gosh, you are planning to buy laptops already? I haven't even done the background check yet....wait for me....dun leave me alone.....:p

13.1" screen laptops are not that heavy....I have a XPS, which is pretty light...:thumbup:

Gosh, you are planning to buy laptops already? I haven't even done the background check yet....wait for me....dun leave me alone.....:p

13.1" screen laptops are not that heavy....I have a XPS, which is pretty light...:thumbup:[/quote

Are u still going to tex tech. thought u were going to the other one.

If u hear from Uh will u still go to Uh. Cos I am still thinking about Uh.
So I am not going to buy my laptop yet.

oh, i'm not buying my laptop til late june (cuz the deadline to ship it to them is july 1). i'm just planning wayyy ahead b/c i have nothing better to do.

mpppharm, thanks! i will be 2 yrs amarillo, 2 yrs dallas.

partykiki, will they accept your xps? i was looking at latitudes cuz that's what tech suggested.

krispharmd, i don't know about uh. it will be a choice b/t family and bf. i would be happy with either.