TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are people still getting interview invites?
Why wasn't I invited?!:(

Weren't you already accepted to UH?:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

aren't 22nd interviewees supposed to hear anything yesterday/today? I haven't seen anything new updated on the website. So, I guess my chance is slipping away one more time? :(

I interviewed on the 22th too, at Abilene though. I didn't get anything either. I checked the website and there is nothing. Didn't some people say they just got a letter about a month from the interview date for acceptance? I'm going to keep on hoping. Good luck to you!

aren't 22nd interviewees supposed to hear anything yesterday/today? I haven't seen anything new updated on the website. So, I guess my chance is slipping away one more time? :(

no i believe they are reviewing this week and will send out acceptances next week. i got my acceptance on the 15th so the next round will be sent out next week

Members don't see this ad :)
but , aren't you able to see the update on the website before actually getting acceptance letter? Like for your 1st round interviewees, you guys were able to see the online updates on 03/11, whereas the letters came in 03/15. Says if the letter does come next week, should I see something on the website by today? I check the website like almost every hour now, yet nothing's new there....that wears me down so much ...:(

but , aren't you able to see the update on the website before actually getting acceptance letter? Like for your 1st round interviewees, you guys were able to see the online updates on 03/11, whereas the letters came in 03/15. Says if the letter does come next week, should I see something on the website by today? I check the website like almost every hour now, yet nothing's new there....that wears me down so much ...:(

I think that means those of us who interviewed on the 22nd and 29th (and those reviewed again from the 1st round) who are accepted should see something online around the 25th, with letters arriving by the 28th.

Sigh... :hungover: It's been a long month. And I check the website far more than is healthy, too.

i heard around the 15th also..... i have been checking the mail far more than i ought to and the website still shows nothing...... has anybody who interviewed on the 22nd gotten anything yet???

I think that means those of us who interviewed on the 22nd and 29th (and those reviewed again from the 1st round) who are accepted should see something online around the 25th, with letters arriving by the 28th.

Sigh... :hungover: It's been a long month. And I check the website far more than is healthy, too.

yea that's exactly what I meant. You will be notified next week (first through the website then by mail)

pulling it back;)

I got a question abt reapplying at tech, do they allow us to use the same LOR's , or should we start everything frm scratch?

I got a question abt reapplying at tech, do they allow us to use the same LOR's , or should we start everything frm scratch?

i'm not sure but i think you have to start from scratch. well not really start from scratch but have LORs that are updated and aren't a year old. so if ur prof/pharmacists/etc. saved the ones they wrote you, just tell them update it (i.e. change the date)

one guy that I know from the Feb 22th interview at Abilene got acceptance letter today in the mail...I checked, and still nothing...I hope it will come on Monday, otherwise ....:(

one guy that I know from the Feb 22th interview at Abilene got acceptance letter today in the mail...I checked, and still nothing...I hope it will come on Monday, otherwise ....:(

you'll be able to see it online before you get it in the mail

Members don't see this ad :)
he told me his status is still the same, not updated yet...maybe this time they do the other way around, notifying by mails first....man, i'm really frustrating now...Monday is like 48 hours more away...:(

he told me his status is still the same, not updated yet...maybe this time they do the other way around, notifying by mails first....man, i'm really frustrating now...Monday is like 48 hours more away...:(

If you read previous posts in this thread and the thread from last year, you'll see that some people got it before and some people got it after.

You might have to wait 72 hours! Last time, they didn't post stuff until Tuesday.

Well I went out to check the mail and found nothing so I was a bit disappointed, but an hour or so later my mom called and told me I got a letter.

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although i've been telling myself for the last 4 hours or so that it might come on Monday, just be patient, I still wonder what if nothing comes...does that mean I'm gonna wait at least until May to see if I actually outperform the regular-admission people? ....darn, it's just too long....

although i've been telling myself for the last 4 hours or so that it might come on Monday, just be patient, I still wonder what if nothing comes...does that mean I'm gonna wait at least until May to see if I actually outperform the regular-admission people? ....darn, it's just too long....

From what I've read, after your group's initial review, the acceptances become a trickle (for your group). Your odds are still good, but you may have to wait a month or two.

The mail is unreliable, so it may very well be in your local sorting center, waiting for Monday's delivery.

Yay!!! Congrats!!!! Are you Abiliene or Amarillo?

They are one of those who created an account just for the sake of saying that they got in, so you probably won't hear from them again.

I'm in Amarillo, and Knickerbocker, I actually signed up a few weeks ago, I just don't post much because I am not on here all the time. But thanks everyone, and good luck to you too!

Oh, yeah! Confetti!!!

For those still waiting, good luck. I know this is painful.

I got in too!!!!! man i was so anxious about it all wk long; i was checking the website and mail.... and it finally came in today! i opened it up and saw the confetti and knew right away that it was GOOD!!!

btw, i'll be at Amarillo and last 2 yrs in Dallas. Congrats to everybody that got in! and for those that went to Feb 22 interview (that's when i had mine), you'll probably get it Monday

I'm in Amarillo, and Knickerbocker, I actually signed up a few weeks ago, I just don't post much because I am not on here all the time. But thanks everyone, and good luck to you too!

I was wrong about you not coming back, but let's be honest. You created your account 9 days ago (on 03-13-2008) to make the post that you got into a school in Oklahoma. Your second post was that you got into Tech.

Maybe it's just me, but it bugs me when people create accounts for the sole purpose of celebrating themselves. No question, no comments, nothing to add... Just posts about their own glory.

Just to clarify: I congratulate those of you who got in that have been here. I don't expect anyone to post as much as me, but I get ticked off by people who create accounts for the sole purpose of gaining public admiration.

Some of you are going to say that I have a bad attitude, but really, what kind of pharmacist are you going to be when you lack compassion and just want to brag?

You interviewed on the 22th in Abilene too? I still haven't gotten anything either. No mail or update on the web. Anyone in Houston heard anything from the 22nd?

yeah, I interviewed 02/22 at Abilene. I live in Arlington though. I know some people from Dallas-Fort Worth area got the letters already, but well, just keep your hope up for Monday's mails...even if you don't get anything, it's still better than a letter of rejection, at least to say...

@ Knickerbocker: i guess we're kinda the same boat now...I'm also desperately waiting for the UT's response...it's now all coming down to next week with both UT and Tech... :scared:....I still have the feeling I might not hear anything back from them next week, and the wait will go on and on....:confused:

You interviewed on the 22th in Abilene too? I still haven't gotten anything either. No mail or update on the web. Anyone in Houston heard anything from the 22nd?

The website has not been updated. Mine still shows the "Review Interview Dates". I suspect it is because no one was around on Good Friday to update the website.

@ Knickerbocker: i guess we're kinda the same boat now...I'm also desperately waiting for the UT's response...it's now all coming down to next week with both UT and Tech... :scared:....I still have the feeling I might not hear anything back from them next week, and the wait will go on and on....:confused:

It sucks that both UT and Tech have already made some kind of decision but we have to wait until they go through their process of notification.

Some of you are going to say that I have a bad attitude, but really, what kind of pharmacist are you going to be when you lack compassion and just want to brag?

Actually, some of us are really pulling for you. I hope you get your letter on Monday. I know I've been on pins and needles.

Actually, some of us are really pulling for you. I hope you get your letter on Monday. I know I've been on pins and needles.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that you got a letter and that the brief "accept offer" fiasco wasn't just a fluke.

The website has not been updated. Mine still shows the "Review Interview Dates". I suspect it is because no one was around on Good Friday to update the website.

Same as mine. I was suprised when I got a letter in the mail.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little bit better.

I remember someone saying at the interview that they wanted you to get you letter in the mail first before seeing it on the website. Something about a better experience opening a letter than just reading it on a computer screen. He said the website will be updated about 3 days after you receive your letter.

I interviewed on the 29th in Amarillo, I got the the letter today. Although it was sent to my parents house in Ft. Worth instead of my place in Lubbock.

To those that have interviewed and have not been accepted yet, just try to relax, you will be reviewed everytime the adcom meets. I was also told that ED interviewees are typically stronger than regular admissions. So yall have a really good chance. You're just gonna have to wait it out.

Anyone else chuckle when they find that the application website is closed for the night? The Saturday hours are lousy! :laugh:

omg, i just about gave up on tx tech when i got a letter in the mail with confetti in it. i interviewed on 2/15, and got my acceptance letter on 3/22. gosh, what took them so long? anyway, i'm glad the wait is over. checked my online status and it hasn't been updated to "accept offer" either. makes me think it might not be real.

btw, i am from houston. i've been assigned 2 yrs in amarillo, and 2 yrs in dallas to be with my bf at the end. i'm very happy. things are finally working out the way i've been praying for.

if i ever hear from uh, it will be a very tough decision. but for now, i'm just celebrating being able to stay in texas! good luck to the rest of you. :hello:

i heard that pharm students at tx tech have to dress up every day to class. i know this is true for a&m, but can someone confirm for tech? thanks.

congrats on all those who got in.... i'm still waitin...... mail is always slow in south texas.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::bullcrap:

omg, i just about gave up on tx tech when i got a letter in the mail with confetti in it. i interviewed on 2/15, and got my acceptance letter on 3/22. gosh, what took them so long? anyway, i'm glad the wait is over. checked my online status and it hasn't been updated to "accept offer" either. makes me think it might not be real.

btw, i am from houston. i've been assigned 2 yrs in amarillo, and 2 yrs in dallas to be with my bf at the end. i'm very happy. things are finally working out the way i've been praying for.

if i ever hear from uh, it will be a very tough decision. but for now, i'm just celebrating being able to stay in texas! good luck to the rest of you. :hello:

I have also been assigned to 2 yrs in Amarillo and 2 yrs in Dallas! I live in Austin but I am originally from Dallas so that is exciting! Good luck with your decision! :scared:

Did anyone get all 4 years in Abilene? I didn't put any preferences on the form...start to wonder maybe that's why they put me on hold....well, Monday seems never come fast enough....if I don't hear anything on Monday and Tuesday from Tech, I'll call/email them to see what is really going on....can't stand this painstaking wait!!!

Did anyone get all 4 years in Abilene? I didn't put any preferences on the form...start to wonder maybe that's why they put me on hold....well, Monday seems never come fast enough....if I don't hear anything on Monday and Tuesday from Tech, I'll call/email them to see what is really going on....can't stand this painstaking wait!!!

I emailed them after the first round. If you aren't accepted after your initial review, you'll be reviewed every two weeks or so.

Nevermind, doesn't matter, Tech doesn't care much about those things.

:clap:Congratulations, Pharmfriend!!!:clap:

i heard that pharm students at tx tech have to dress up every day to class. i know this is true for a&m, but can someone confirm for tech? thanks.

First of all...congrats to all who have received an acceptance letter...for those of you still waiting...hang in there! Most people in Abilene do dress up ..but for those in Amarillo people usually only dress up on lab days and special occasions.

If you start your 1st year in Abilene..you are required to complete all four years in Abilene. Only those in Amarillo have the choice of DFW/Lubbock/Amarillo.

Most people in Abilene do dress up because the program at Abilene is not accredited yet.

Really? I thought that it was accredited because it was a satellite program. Do you know what the status is?