TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does the acceptance letter come in a large yellow envelope or a regular white envelope?

Members don't see this ad.

man now i'm super excited!!! i just want the letter... please please give me that letter haha

haha i know what you mean. if i got one, i'd rip it open in the living room and dance in the confetti!

Mike said to open the letter over the trash can, because there's a ton of confetti inside, which I think is kinda cool. I'm sure that's why they don't update the online site until after the letters come either. They want it to be a really exciting, memorable experience.

Haha okay there is confetti inside the small white envelope :). Don't expect a huge box full of confetti and a small acceptance letter inside. But yeah..i threw that small handful of confetti around when i received my acceptance letter even though i had already known online. Thats whats weird...I received my online notification first and then the letter the next few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm expecting to see the online update first... my university mail has a tendency to run things at least one day late.

First of all, nobody get excited yet... Let's see if this means anything.

I'm wondering if we can dig out anything from the Techsis page that might reveal something. You can get to it here http://techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/

You log in with the same ID and password as the application page.

I see something potentially of interest in the "unofficial transcript" page. Under "--------------2008 Fall----------" I see

" Admitted Program:
School of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy
Major: Pharmacy"

Do we all have this? I guess the best confirmation would be from someone who interviewed on the 22nd or 29th.

I've got the above, but I found the following:
Go to your eRaider sign-in (you can get there from the above link) and look up your user name? When you give the info to get it, it lets you select account type. There is a choice for "TTU admitted student". If you put that in, does it bring up your username?

I interviewed on the 22nd, if it helps. Don't want to get anyone's hope up, but the suspense is wearing me down.:eek:

Go to your eRaider sign-in (you can get there from the above link) and look up your user name? When you give the info to get it, it lets you select account type. There is a choice for "TTU admitted student". If you put that in, does it bring up your username?

I interviewed on the 22nd, if it helps. Don't want to get anyone's hope up, but the suspense is wearing me down.:eek:

Try the TTUHSC Admitted Student (instead of plain TTU) and tell me if that works. It worked for me.

It gave me mine when I chose TTUHSC admitted student but I think everyone's might be like that

i'm thinking about staying away from sdn for the next couple of days. all this false hope is driving me crazy. at least this week isn't my spring break so i'll be busy everyday. but i could just skip class and sit next to the mailbox all day waiting for the mail man to come. tell ya what... i'll be lookin like a dog waitin for his treat!!!

Anyone get a letter today? Nothing for me again except for the usual 20 credit card offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that on the page where you see the status admission status ("Invited for Interview," in my case)?

Heh, I can't keep up with your edits. So the button is gone?

Is that on the page where you see the status admission status ("Invited for Interview," in my case)?

Heh, I can't keep up with your edits. So the button is gone?

Yes, it was, but now it's not...

Yes, it was, but now it's not...

There was an "Accept Offer" button there? Was it there for a few minutes or a few seconds? This is tough waiting especially since I'm on spring break and have nothing else to do.

There was an "Accept Offer" button there? Was it there for a few minutes or a few seconds? This is tough waiting especially since I'm on spring break and have nothing else to do.

Yes, there was, but when I went back to it, it was gone. :eek: Don't know how long it was there. I saw it twice when I signed in and the next time it was gone.

I guess they just aren't quite ready to put it out there, yet.

Arghhh... the waiting is frustrating.

I guess they just aren't quite ready to put it out there, yet.

Arghhh... the waiting is frustrating.

I wish that they would just do the online updates. The letter with confetti will be nice, but I'd rather have fewer days of my stomach burning from worrying about not getting into pharmacy school.

Maybe they were using yours to test their updating... seeing if everything would work when they get ready to hit the magic "update all" button...

Pilot,
what if your window to accept was only a few minutes long, and you missed your opportunity?
I am totally kidding, that would really suck.
hope it gives you a laugh in the long run, please dont hate me...

Pilot,
what if your window to accept was only a few minutes long, and you missed your opportunity?
I am totally kidding, that would really suck.
hope it gives you a laugh in the long run, please dont hate me...

Okay, that was funny. That would so suck... :laugh:

Hi everyone,
I just check my online status, and it said "Accept Offer"... I guess I am innnn!!!!! Good luck everyone.

I got accepted!!!!!!:love:

Hi everyone,
I just check my online status, and it said "Accept Offer"... I guess I am innnn!!!!! Good luck everyone.

does it mean that we accept the offer after we click on it? does it say which campus we are accepted to on there

if not, how do we find out

Well, looks like another year of wasting my life for me.

does it mean that we accept the offer after we click on it? does it say which campus we are accepted to on there

if not, how do we find out

It should be in the letter you receive the mail I think. I'm at work so I haven't had the chance to check.. but that's the formal letter that you have send back

Did you people who got in interview early in Amarillo?

Well, looks like another year of wasting my life for me.

Congratulations everyone... I know there are more acceptances to come... but I've got a bad feeling... I feel like I'm against a wall now...

A&M or bust...

unless you're on to something with the Amarillo/Abilene thing Knick... I hope you are... I want to be able to definitively say "Im going to pharmacy school... somewhere" as soon as possible.

knick, i havent heard anything yet either. maybe next week? since we were the second round?

for those that got accepted, did u find out online before you got the letter?
and did both of you get in on the first round 2/8/08?

oh and congrats!!!

knick, i havent heard anything yet either. maybe next week? since we were the second round?

for those that got accepted, did u find out online before you got the letter?
and did both of you get in on the first round 2/8/08?

oh and congrats!!!

I interviewed during the first round in Amarillo
I didn't get anything in the mail yesterday but I'm at work right now so I can't check if I got anything today. But I found out online this afternoon. So I found out online before I got my letter

Ok, so far, as best as I can tell, only people who interviewed in Amarillo in the first week or two have been accepted. Perhaps there is still hope.

Ok, so far, as best as I can tell, only people who interviewed in Amarillo in the first week or two have been accepted. Perhaps there is still hope.

wait when did u interview? i'm almost positive mike said that those who interviewed in the first two rounds would get their offers first then a week or two later, those who interviewed during the third and fourth rounds would get theirs?????? i dunno bout the amarillo/abiliene thing tho

wait when did u interview? i'm almost positive mike said that those who interviewed in the first two rounds would get their offers first then a week or two later, those who interviewed during the third and fourth rounds would get theirs?????? i dunno bout the amarillo/abiliene thing tho

I just realized something... Do we have two Mikes? Which Mike are you quoting? I believe the Mike in Abilene was Mike Nall. I get the feeling that there is probably another Mike handling things in Amarillo. Was Mike Schwettman your Mike?

I interviewed in Abilene on the 15th.

Cripes, maybe yesterday WAS my only chance. :confused:

I interviewed on the 22nd, so I'm going to hope they haven't sent out that round yet.

Another week of this??? That is just wrong.

CONGRATS to everyone who got their acceptance today. :clap:

Im still waiting with you Knick and I interviewed in Abilene on the 22nd.

yeah, I interivewed at Abilene 22nd too...UH finally rejected me :(, so Tech is my next chance

I just realized something... Do we have two Mikes? Which Mike are you quoting? I believe the Mike in Abilene was Mike Nall. I get the feeling that there is probably another Mike handling things in Amarillo. Was Mike Schwettman your Mike?

I interviewed in Abilene on the 15th.

yea i'm talking about Mike Schwettman

yea i'm talking about Mike Schwettman

Ah, ok. Does anyone have any clue about how Abilene fits into the equation? Also, does the Abilene staff make decisions about people they interviewed, or is everything decided in Amarillo?

Knick do you know how to find last year's Tech forum? I cant find it but maybe they had this same issue before with Amarillo getting accepted before Abilene?