TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think i remember you redley...

My understanding was that on March 4 the admissions committee first meets to go over each of us... looks at our apps and interview stuff and begins to make decisions. Who knows how many days that process takes... but once it happens all that is left is for them to send the mail and perhaps post info online.

I'm going to be pessimistic and bet we wont find out anything prior to March 7 at the earliest (assuming we find out online first - mail adds at least 2-3 days).

Members don't see this ad.

I heard him say that too, I was just hoping for the 4th or 5th. :)

It is possible that I could find out on my birthday (the 8th) and have a really tragic (or really amazing) birthday.

I'm withdrawing my application...I'm going to email them sometime tomorrow or Monday to take my name out for consideration. I just hope I won't regret doing so. But I'm happy that I got in to my first choice. Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm withdrawing my application...I'm going to email them sometime tomorrow or Monday to take my name out for consideration. I just hope I won't regret doing so. But I'm happy that I got in to my first choice. Good luck, everyone!
thanks ethyl methyl...all of us hopefuls appreciate that :)

You will receive your notification first on the online website. Once you have accepted their offer on the website, they will begin to send you a letter by mail. Hope this helps!

if i interviewed for ED on feb 15th, when should i hear from tx tech by, and do you think they will notify us by email, snail mail, or online app first? i'm so anxious!

that doesn't leave much room for regular admissions :( that's going to be a tough competition then...

I think I was in one of the last groups last year, and like a lot of other people I felt that I didn't do well at the interview. Most of my interview group got in.

People on here have complained about the Dell thing in the past, but I agree, that IT guy was great.

The IT guys aren't as nice when you're a student. lol.
Once we heard the guy talking on his phone in his office, then he pretended not to be there when we knocked on the door.

:biglove:University of Houston College of Pharmacy:biglove:

It is so cool seeing someone so excited about where they're going to school. Congrats, Ethyl Methyl. I smile every time I see your posts. :bow:

I'm hoping for Texas Tech, so I'm still waiting.

It is so cool seeing someone so excited about where they're going to school. Congrats, Ethyl Methyl. I smile every time I see your posts. :bow:

I'm hoping for Texas Tech, so I'm still waiting.

Thanks!

Good luck! I hope you get in to your first choice as well.:)

Keeping in mind that the application deadline is today (March 1st), when do they begin notifying applicants they have earned an interview for the first round of interviews to be held on March 7th? I'm freaking out :scared: !

is that a possibility, will they call people this week and ask them to come in on Friday?

from previous years applicants, should I expect to get last minute interviews or they give a little time? I have work and school like most on here, and I thought I would get a little notice, but I am ok with spontaneous interviews. just thought I would ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there and I think I sat next to you. I was the blonde girl in the blue shirt/black suit. The morning after the interview I woke up at like 6 am thinking of all the things I should have said and couldn't go back to sleep. March 5th can't come soon enough.

That's how it goes sometimes... Try to just relax in the meantime. Check the on-line application and mailbox everyday. My on-line status updated just a few hours before my letter arrived. Best of luck in getting into your #1 choice.

Keeping in mind that the application deadline is today (March 1st), when do they begin notifying applicants they have earned an interview for the first round of interviews to be held on March 7th? I'm freaking out :scared: !

I got an e-mail from TTech saying that they extended the deadline from the 1st to March 3rd at 5:00pm.

They most likely will give you a little bit of time..a week possibly. Then again, I think I was a rare exception in which they called me three days before the interview because another person couldn't make the interview date.

is that a possibility, will they call people this week and ask them to come in on Friday?

from previous years applicants, should I expect to get last minute interviews or they give a little time? I have work and school like most on here, and I thought I would get a little notice, but I am ok with spontaneous interviews. just thought I would ask.

Thanks, Zeke1955. I relaxed more after I convinced myself there was absolutely nothing I could do about it now. And if they say no I'll just try again next year. :)

TX Tech has their first round of reg. admissions interviews on the 7th. Has anyone heard back that wasn't early decision? Are they really going to notify us a couple days in advance only?

I received another email about my immunization records not being up to date in 14 days or less. At the interview, all they said was that they needed my Hep B shot immediately. If I do get accepted but my immunization records need updating, will they notify me about that?

I received another email about my immunization records not being up to date in 14 days or less. At the interview, all they said was that they needed my Hep B shot immediately. If I do get accepted but my immunization records need updating, will they notify me about that?

I was missing my Hpe B #2 and #3 and my MMR #2. I got my Hep B #2 and my MMR shortly after my interview and they said I could hold off on my Hep B #3 until after I was admitted (well, if i get admitted). But they will keep reminding you every 2 weeks or so. So if you don't like to be bugged about it every 2 weeks then get it soon. You can actually view you immunization record somewhere on the website I believe. I'm pretty sure they will remind you tho after being admitted... they are pretty good about being on top of things (correct me if i'm wrong).

I was just about to post a tip for everyone here! After my records were completed, I received an email saying that my name would now be submitted to the admissions committee for the final review. So it sounds like you should take care of that ASAP.

I believe that the TB can wait until June. The flu shot will be October, and the CPR training will be done in boot camp.

I was just about to post a tip for everyone here! After my records were completed, I received an email saying that my name would now be submitted to the admissions committee for the final review. So it sounds like you should take care of that ASAP.

My status is completed, but I never received an email. Anyone else not get an email?

I just checked online and it is not showing an interview invite.

My status is completed, but I never received an email. Anyone else not get an email?

I just checked online and it is not showing an interview invite.
nope. didn't get an e-mail or an interview invite :(

Does everyone else's application for regular admission say PE.. as in pending i'm guessing? or does it say complete? i did receive that e-mail that said that my file was going to be sent to the admissions committee.. but now i'm confused!:scared:

They most likely will give you a little bit of time..a week possibly. Then again, I think I was a rare exception in which they called me three days before the interview because another person couldn't make the interview date.

Do they call everyone who has been invited for interviews, or just in events as you have described?

Does everyone else's application for regular admission say PE.. as in pending i'm guessing? or does it say complete? i did receive that e-mail that said that my file was going to be sent to the admissions committee.. but now i'm confused!:scared:

Hey. If it says PE that means they are considering you for an interview. That means that all of your info is in and complete. So just sit back and relax

To try and clarify a few things I see here:

1) As far as I know, the dates you see listed for deadlines etc. are sort of... arbitrary. I think I got my acceptance letter and confirmation on the on-line application (simultaneously) around the first week of March last year.

2) You'll get those immunization notices CONSTANTLY until the end of boot camp -- it's automated and there's nothing that can be done about it. The reason is that you don't have your "CPR certification" (which they count as an immunization) which you are certified for in "boot camp" the first couple weeks of school. DEFINITELY get started on the Hep B if it's not already complete. Immunizations are always a great idea anyway, and I can't see any sense in not getting the whole series regardless of admittance... Hold off on the TB screening until the first week of June as Mrs. Harrison probably advised you.

3) I believe that phone calls are only made to potential interviewees when it is scheduled on short notice (as described on this thread). Otherwise you either get an e-mail or the on-line application updates with an "interview offer extended."

4) If your status still says "pending" even though you've actually *submitted* your whole application, I'd be getting in touch with student services and trying to determine why... you don't want to risk being overlooked.

Again, for those that interviewed and those waiting on interviews, just relax as much as possible... What's done is done.

yay!!! expert advise from a P1 student :)
Thanks Zeke

So, is tomorrow really going to be the first review date?

Mine says Applied/Complete. Does yours just say PE or does it say PE/...?

how come i applied early and all my application says is received!? i didnt even get any email.

so does that mean im a loser and they threw out my application or something?

anyone know? :(

how come i applied early and all my application says is received!? i didnt even get any email.

so does that mean im a loser and they threw out my application or something?

anyone know? :(

Wow you seem to be taking control of the message board. Haha with all our tests coming up too :). Anyways...its always best to call Tech and just make sure that they have received your application. Best not to risk it.

they must not like me
Do you know what day you have?

Wow ...you seem to be taking control of the message board. Haha with all our tests coming up too :). Anyways...its always best to call Tech and just make sure that they have received your application. Best not to risk it.

Tests... What Tests?! :laugh: I've got to maintain my ~10 hr/wk studying pace.

a word to those who are even remotely computer savvy, ignore everything IT tells you, get whatever computer you wish, then, once they have done their thing to it and give it back. Reformat it yourself with the software available on the school's website.

the computer help guys are for the most part useless unless you need replacment parts for a dell

and just my humble (yet omnipotent) opinion, I would avoid abilene if possible, there's nothing "wrong" with it, but there are still a lot of kinks that they have yet to work out, they may have it fixed for next year, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I've never needed to defer to IT for anything... but I can tell you this much: having worked in IT for a few years before PHR school, it doesn't matter what hardware you get if you are irresponsible with the software... I'm about the only person at the school still running their original year-old Windows XP Pro install that came from Dell and has not had any significant trouble... Then again, you won't find PTP s/w and malware from Internet Explorer use on my laptop :laugh:

Whatever you do, DO NOT use Vista b/c from what I've seen with others, the staff will absolutely not help you at all if they see you running it (like they'll refuse to even try to install the DDS lab software). But despite what they told us, you can still do most everything w/ Vista -- get onto the wired network, set-up the printers (though it's hard w/ Vista x64), and outlook, but you won't get any help from the staff in doing it. Also, w/ Vista, no VPN from home or wireless @ school (which is useless anyway).

Does anyone know the applicant pool stats?
Like X applied and X will receive interviews and X will be accepted?

two years ago there were 600-700 applicants
I dunno about last year, I would imagine a few more due to the new campus

just relax, we take 130 students now, it's all good

Interview invitations are posted on the application!! Yay!

Where exactly is everyone seeing these interview invitations??? i click on the website, go to application, type in my SS and pin, and click on review application and nothing... is it like a pop-up window or something? All i see is that i've turned in everything since November of last year!

Where exactly is everyone seeing these interview invitations??? i click on the website, go to application, type in my SS and pin, and click on review application and nothing... is it like a pop-up window or something? All i see is that i've turned in everything since November of last year!

This is all I see as well. Anyone else see an interview invitation yet?

This is all I see as well. Anyone else see an interview invitation yet?

it would appear to the right of the 'review application'. if you don't see anything, then you haven't been selected for interview yet.

Where is used to say PE, it now says invited for pharmacy interview, and next to review application, there is a link to chose a date. mine only had two dates to choose from which probably means they havent sent out all their invitations. there are still 4 rounds of interviews left!

that means they are looking at the regulars now, I hope they see mine.
anyone else get interview invites today? did you calls or emails too? or just happen to check the application site?

PTP... P2P... Peer to Peer... Limewire....

Yep, exactly: Kazaa (still around?), Limewire, Torrentz software etc. (the latter of which is dangerous to use regardless).

As for interview stats, I believe that last year it was around 1000 that applied (and weren't automatically denied for failing to meet pre-reqs and GPA minimums). ~ 250-300 got interviews, and ~131 accepted admissions. More were offered, of course, but some chose to go to other schools, or withdrew their acceptance for various reasons.

I have felt your pain. It was this same week last year I was in your shoes.

Take it easy.

did any early decision interviewees hear from tech yet? they said they would send out acceptances the last week of feb or first week of march. isn't it a little late, then? maybe i didn't get in. just thought at least one person would have heard from them by now.

did any early decision interviewees hear from tech yet? they said they would send out acceptances the last week of feb or first week of march. isn't it a little late, then? maybe i didn't get in. just thought at least one person would have heard from them by now.

they'll either send them tomorrow or next week i think. its not late... they extend offers for early admissions up until the 31st. we still have up to 3 weeks