TX Tech 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Somebody definitely would have posted by now if they got into in (people come from out of nowhere when they get an acceptance so that they can announce it to everyone).

If you were in my group, you probably heard that it would start at the end of February. I think later groups were told that they would have the first meeting on March 4th.

The interviews started a week later this year, so we will probably be one week off from last year's schedule. When I searched the archives, the earliest acceptance from last year was March 5th, just for a reference.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll drive yourselves crazy thinking about it... just remember that it's out of your hands now! Best of luck...

You'll drive yourselves crazy thinking about it... just remember that it's out of your hands now! Best of luck...

Heh, I've been going crazy for the past 36 days waiting for UT's response. Sadly, I still have at least 14 more days to go before I get an answer from them (which, if it isn't a yes or no, will have me waiting at least another 30 days).

It's only been a few weeks for Tech, so I'm less crazy about their decision... For now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh, I've been going crazy for the past 36 days waiting for UT's response. Sadly, I still have at least 14 more days to go before I get an answer from them (which, if it isn't a yes or no, will have me waiting at least another 30 days).

It's only been a few weeks for Tech, so I'm less crazy about their decision... For now.

Heh I feel your pain about waiting to get into UT. Last year I was in the first interview group but didn't get an acceptance letter. Oh well...haha I love Tech!

Well I know a lot of people get really hyped up about UT and their "reputation." Don't buy too much into the hype -- if you're going into community/retail pharmacy, it doesn't matter where you went, AT ALL.

For clinical practice, TTUHSCSOP seems to be a pretty good place to go and that's why I applied here (real interested in pediatric clinical pharmacy). I believe that someone @ our school dropped a stat (could be biased, don't know) that some huge percentage (like 50%) of pharmacy residents nationwide went to TTU. I might have misunderstood it but I think that's what was said. Either way, you're definitely geared to succeed in clinical practice. In the first semester you're giving immunizations (and I don't think many places do that), you have an actual gross anatomy lab (I believe we were told that only one other school does that), and I know we do more clinical rotation hours than almost anyone.

Either way... best of luck with admissions wherever you want to go.

I feel like some of these pharmacy students posting on here know what's going on or at least know when they'll notify people about admission offers. I don't know if I want to be surprised or if I want to be told when to expect something. :D

Well I know a lot of people get really hyped up about UT and their "reputation." Don't buy too much into the hype -- if you're going into community/retail pharmacy, it doesn't matter where you went, AT ALL.

I know that it doesn't matter too much, but I really want to go to UT the most. If I don't get in, Tech is definitely my next choice.

I've got a gut feeling that UT will reject me. However, I'm not sure about Tech. Feels more 50/50 to me for some reason.

For clinical practice, TTUHSCSOP seems to be a pretty good place to go and that's why I applied here (real interested in pediatric clinical pharmacy). I believe that someone @ our school dropped a stat (could be biased, don't know) that some huge percentage (like 50%) of pharmacy residents nationwide went to TTU. I might have misunderstood it but I think that's what was said. Either way, you're definitely geared to succeed in clinical practice. In the first semester you're giving immunizations (and I don't think many places do that), you have an actual gross anatomy lab (I believe we were told that only one other school does that), and I know we do more clinical rotation hours than almost anyone.

Zeke I'm also interested in pediatric clinical pharmacy!!!!! :D
As far as UT, I've just heard some negative things about it from current students as well as students who interviewed this year. I didn't apply there cuz I just didn't think it was for me. I went up there and just wasn't really blown away. But they do have a good program no doubt!!! good luck to all of you who applied there!!!

I interviewed on Feb 29th, and Mike said that on March 4th the admissions committee would meet to decide on offers for those that interviewed on Feb 8th and 15th. He said they would hopefully be mailing offer letters by Wed or today. If you interviewed on one of those days I would expect a letter any day now if you got accepted. He also said they wouldnt update your status on the webpage until a few days after they mail the letter because they like for you to get the letter first. So unless you dont check your mail often, you should get a letter first. Good luck to those who interviewed then, I still gotta wait two weeks before my group goes to review. It hasnt even been a week since I interviewed and it feels like a lifetime.

I feel like some of these pharmacy students posting on here know what's going on or at least know when they'll notify people about admission offers. I don't know if I want to be surprised or if I want to be told when to expect something. :D

Haha you would think so...but I know very little about when the admission committee is meeting. I mean once you're in...you tend to worry a lot more about your classes and what not. Best of luck to all of you!

I interviewed on Feb 29th, and Mike said that on March 4th the admissions committee would meet to decide on offers for those that interviewed on Feb 8th and 15th. He said they would hopefully be mailing offer letters by Wed or today. If you interviewed on one of those days I would expect a letter any day now if you got accepted. He also said they wouldnt update your status on the webpage until a few days after they mail the letter because they like for you to get the letter first. So unless you dont check your mail often, you should get a letter first. Good luck to those who interviewed then, I still gotta wait two weeks before my group goes to review. It hasnt even been a week since I interviewed and it feels like a lifetime.

cool. thanks for the info. i hope i get a letter soon. :oops:

I remember hearing the very same thing. maybe they mailed them out today =D lets hopeeeee

Aw, I wish that they would have done the online updating already.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the online application status for you guys at this moment? Mine still says "Invited for the interview". I wondered if they have reviewed my files yet.

First of all, nobody get excited yet... Let's see if this means anything.

I'm wondering if we can dig out anything from the Techsis page that might reveal something. You can get to it here http://techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/

You log in with the same ID and password as the application page.

I see something potentially of interest in the "unofficial transcript" page. Under "--------------2008 Fall----------" I see

" Admitted Program:
School of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy
Major: Pharmacy"

Do we all have this? I guess the best confirmation would be from someone who interviewed on the 22nd or 29th.

First of all, nobody get excited yet... Let's see if this means anything.

I'm wondering if we can dig out anything from the Techsis page that might reveal something. You can get to it here http://techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/

You log in with the same ID and password as the application page.

I see something potentially of interest in the "unofficial transcript" page. Under "--------------2008 Fall----------" I see

" Admitted Program:
School of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy
Major: Pharmacy"

Do we all have this? I guess the best confirmation would be from someone who interviewed on the 22nd or 29th.

Mine says it too, and my stuff isnt supposed to be reviewed for 2 more weeks. It does say beneath that "INTERVIEW 2-29-08 NON-GRADED" So probably just something to do with the interview, unless yours says something different.

Mine says it too, and my stuff isnt supposed to be reviewed for 2 more weeks. It does say beneath that "INTERVIEW 2-29-08 NON-GRADED" So probably just something to do with the interview, unless yours says something different.

Anybody else check? Now, I searched the archives and found a thread similar to this one from last year. Everybody there had it and got in, so that tells me nothing. Also, some people who interviewed in late February of last year got an acceptance the first week of March, so it's not impossible.

Of course, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including my own!), but I'm curious if this might mean something.

Anybody else check? Now, I searched the archives and found a thread similar to this one from last year. Everybody there had it and got in, so that tells me nothing. Also, some people who interviewed in late February of last year got an acceptance the first week of March, so it's not impossible.

Of course, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including my own!), but I'm curious if this might mean something.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. Wont know for sure until we get a letter or something is officially updated on the site. Out of curiosity, were there people in that thread who didnt have that and didnt get it?

Hahahaha.... the mystery continues into the next year!!! (I asked this same question last year and speculated it meant that admissions was going to be offered... I discovered it about a week and a half before I got my letter)

I never did figure out what this meant exactly. In fact, after I got my acceptance letter ~365 days ago, I never even looked @ TechSIS again until registration time....

I speculate.... S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-E ... speculate.... that this has something to do w/ the interview only and does not correlate to an actual offer of admissions.

For the record, we really don't have any other "insider info" aside from what we learned from going through the interview process ourselves and what we hear on the interview days (same thing you hear....) :)

Again guys... you'll make yourselves sick over this! Just relax as much as possible.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. Wont know for sure until we get a letter or something is officially updated on the site. Out of curiosity, were there people in that thread who didnt have that and didnt get it?

Everyone who responded had it. They all got in shortly afterwards, but it's probably just a coincidence. Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up too much :(

I can tell you this much: don't take it too seriously. One of my buddies who passed on his interview with TTUHSCSOP last year for personal reasons (and is trying to get again this year) was able to set up an e-mail account and view techsis etc. even though he never even interviewed... I never checked to see if he had the "admitted program" dialogue, but even if he did, he didn't interview so that still doesn't determine anything.

Either way, you'll know soon enough (even if it doesn't seem soon enough). =)

mine says the same thing, but i don't think it means anything. just a feeling.

a word to those who are even remotely computer savvy, ignore everything IT tells you, get whatever computer you wish, then, once they have done their thing to it and give it back. Reformat it yourself with the software available on the school's website.

the computer help guys are for the most part useless unless you need replacment parts for a dell

I agree. IMO, you can get a much better deal on a computer if you don't go through the school.

Hahahaha.... the mystery continues into the next year!!! (I asked this same question last year and speculated it meant that admissions was going to be offered... I discovered it about a week and a half before I got my letter)

I never did figure out what this meant exactly. In fact, after I got my acceptance letter ~365 days ago, I never even looked @ TechSIS again until registration time....

I speculate.... S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-E ... speculate.... that this has something to do w/ the interview only and does not correlate to an actual offer of admissions.

For the record, we really don't have any other "insider info" aside from what we learned from going through the interview process ourselves and what we hear on the interview days (same thing you hear....) :)

Again guys... you'll make yourselves sick over this! Just relax as much as possible.

I will have to agree with Zeke here. I just logged on and my unofficial transcript shows that I have no transcript information on file. I have not yet been extended an interview.

For the record... I'm seeing the same thing as you are Knick... thanks for digging this up... even if it really is nothing.

i don't know about you guys but i didn't get anything in the mail today. looks like we're gonna have to wait till next week. stay in there guys... i'm pretty sure they will start sending them out next week :)

i don't know about you guys but i didn't get anything in the mail today. looks like we're gonna have to wait till next week. stay in there guys... i'm pretty sure they will start sending them out next week :)

Aww... But mail runs on Saturday!

Everyone who responded had it. They all got in shortly afterwards, but it's probably just a coincidence. Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up too much :(

Yep, it's got my hopes up, but I must admit I am estalking the emailman at this point. Wow, this part IS harder than I thought it would be...:hungover:

Good luck to everyone who's impatiently waiting.

-------------------
Persistence counts!

Yep, it's got my hopes up, but I must admit I am estalking the emailman at this point. Wow, this part IS harder than I thought it would be...:hungover:

Good luck to everyone who's impatiently waiting.

-------------------
Persistence counts!

Would you happen to speak Spanish? Just wondering because you added the 'e' before the before the 'stalking.' Then again, you also have an 'e' before mailmain :laugh:

Don't worry Knick if it gets out of control... I can translate some.

If anyone of you guys were accepted into Ohio State University or TTU, which would you choose and why?? Just would like to know other people's opinion out there of out of state school. I have lived in Tx all my life and plan to practice here, but I heard Ohio State has a really good program too. Please let me know what you guys think. Any input is appreciated.

If anyone of you guys were accepted into Ohio State University or TTU, which would you choose and why?? Just would like to know other people's opinion out there of out of state school. I have lived in Tx all my life and plan to practice here, but I heard Ohio State has a really good program too. Please let me know what you guys think. Any input is appreciated.

OK we don't give out random post awards here... so I'm not sure what you want.

I admit that I'm taking Spanish this semester in case I wind up in Kingsville.

lol... its not that bad really... i took hs Spanish but knew nothing... most of the people around speak better English than Spanish... you can just pick up a valley accent for fun... and don't go to certain restaurants alone....

Would you happen to speak Spanish? Just wondering because you added the 'e' before the before the 'stalking.' Then again, you also have an 'e' before mailmain :laugh:

Actually, I'm poking fun at myself for checking my email a hundred times a day. :laugh: But, I do speak enough Spanish to get by. I was fortunate enough to be an exchange student to Bolivia in high school.

I think agedpharmtech is probably trying to make up his/her mind about which school they would like to attend and is looking for some input on TTU. For instance, why choose TTU over any other school?

Actually, I'm poking fun at myself for checking my email a hundred times a day. :laugh: But, I do speak enough Spanish to get by. I was fortunate enough to be an exchange student to Bolivia in high school.

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if you meant "e-stalking" or if a Spanishism + Internetism (I invented some new words!) unintentionally came out.

The fact that you want to work here tells me that you should just go to Tech.

If you are more flexible, then I'd suggest seeing what Ohio is like. I've never lived in Columbus, but I've lived in cities near Canton and Dayton. Unfortunately, I was young, so I don't remember much other than enjoying winter more than I do in Texas. I'm sick of 33F rain and snow that melts in an hour. Snow that builds up and stays is a lot of fun.

Nothing in the mail today except for a letter from the American Chemical Society demanding money for membership renewal.

I wish that they'd just go ahead and do the online notification first. I just want to know if I am in or not!

i know...they shouldn't have told us we'd hear last week of feb or 1st week of march, cuz the wait is killiing me now! i'm so frustrated checking the mailbox and online app everyday. i had a dream that i got into tech, and it was so real. hope it comes true soon cuz i really want to stay in texas.

i know...they shouldn't have told us we'd hear last week of feb or 1st week of march, cuz the wait is killiing me now! i'm so frustrated checking the mailbox and online app everyday. i had a dream that i got into tech, and it was so real. hope it comes true soon cuz i really want to stay in texas.

i heard that and considering that it was the only school i applied to

hang in there guys and gals!!! i'm sure we'll hear from them this week... we've got to!!! all of you sound like great applicants who are really determined to get into this school. i'm anticipating that we will hear from them no later than wednesday. don't worry!!! we all applied early so we've got a really great chance of getting in :)

The gap between the interview and acceptance letter was unquestionably the most difficult part of the entire process for me. Just try to be patient.

One of my best friends from UNT is going to vet school this summer and the vet for whom he has worked applied to vet school SIX TIMES at dozens of schools before being accepted to one. That means he spent about 13 years to become a veterinarian (4 yr undergrad + 6 yr applying - 1 yr overlap + 4 yr in vet school). I'll bet this guy had a lot of patience...

I got my interview invitation last week for this Friday, Mar 14 in Abilene. Anyone else going to be there?

Did they really put confetti in your letter last year?

How large are the interview groups?
20? 30?

There were 25 or 26 when I interviewed in Abilene.

Did they really put confetti in your letter last year?

Mike said to open the letter over the trash can, because there's a ton of confetti inside, which I think is kinda cool. I'm sure that's why they don't update the online site until after the letters come either. They want it to be a really exciting, memorable experience.

Mike said to open the letter over the trash can, because there's a ton of confetti inside, which I think is kinda cool. I'm sure that's why they don't update the online site until after the letters come either. They want it to be a really exciting, memorable experience.

man now i'm super excited!!! i just want the letter... please please give me that letter haha