Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in the market to buy a tablet before school starts...can any current students comment on what most people use/like? I've been wanting an iPad mini, but would there be compatibility issues with the Touro-issued PC?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the market to buy a tablet before school starts...can any current students comment on what most people use/like? I've been wanting an iPad mini, but would there be compatibility issues with the Touro-issued PC?

I don't have a tablet but Ive heard some people recommending a smaller tablet so you can fit it in your white coat during clinical years.

Got my acceptance yesterday! Class of 2018!!! Touro was my first choice and my wife could not be happier with the location!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone accepted last week still waiting on that letter? nothing today. I gave a call out but went to voicemail :/

anyone accepted last week still waiting on that letter? nothing today. I gave a call out but went to voicemail :/
I've gotten nothing, yet. I called the admissions counselor and she said the letters should arrive by Friday. If they don't, call her/email her.

I've gotten nothing, yet. I called the admissions counselor and she said the letters should arrive by Friday. If they don't, call her/email her.

man what a bummer. hopefully it comes tomorrow. really looking forward to that letter!

Do any of you accepted students mind sharing your stats?

Did this school have sim dolls? I can't remember. I know they have the unlv patient actors but what about the sims?

Did this school have sim dolls? I can't remember. I know they have the unlv patient actors but what about the sims?
I want to say no they don't, but I could be wrong

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anything we need to do for immunization records or a drug screen? Shouldn't be a problem but there wasn't any mention of those items in the letter or packets and I know other schools require them prior to matriculation

Okay y'all. We are done with finals ... so here's a little information. For our school PC, we use a dell with google chrome. You CAN use your own laptop for the school's software and it is no big deal. I have the school software on my windows 8 computer and it purrs like a kitten. We have no sim dolls...or whatever they are...you have to go UNLV's nursing school for that. We have paid actors that we get to train on next year.

Just put down my deposit!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry for the barage of questions, but who do we make the check out if we decide to send in a check rather than pay via cc. the letter wasnt too clear on mailing in a check.

Just got accepted.. interviewed last week. wow

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! I'm withdrawing my seat though, hope it goes to one of you! This cycle has been an interesting change of events for me! Haha

Last edited:
Annnnd got the mail. Deposit paid.

Can any current students comment on apartments/housing nearby? I can't recall exactly but some students mentioned some that were better than others... thanks!

Got a complete email from them today. I'm impressed someone is working the day after Christmas! The email said to expect a 4 week process, can anyone comment on how accurate that is?

I was complete july 20, II Sept 12.. so roughly? They might be more caught up now though

submitted my deposit! so broke :(
Wouldn't mind being broke if I submitted a deposit here!!! I am Interviewing on 2/3, anyone else??? any pointers from you guys that have been accepted?

Withdrew my interview for January 13th. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Wouldn't mind being broke if I submitted a deposit here!!! I am Interviewing on 2/3, anyone else??? any pointers from you guys that have been accepted?

Just be honest. I thought my interview went horrific. I still do. I want to say I misunderstood their question twice? And bird walked once? But I guess as long as you end up answering their question honestly it is fine. The interview is rather short too like 20-30 minutes I think?

somewhat of a random question, but are there any plans to expand the school and maybe add another building or such? I know space is somewhat limited

From what I hear, we have extra space inside the building in the back. We will use that space eventually for a vet program and expand upon the other floors. But until then, I use it as my secret lab where I conduct experiments related to time travel.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody hear anything here lately? I have been complete since around November 20th and haven't heard anything. I am dying for an interview here.

Anybody hear anything here lately? I have been complete since around November 20th and haven't heard anything. I am dying for an interview here.

Best information I can give you, keep calling.

I told you.... :welcome: Bug and ye shall receive.

For those who have placed a deposit, how soon after did you get the instructions regarding criminal background check immunization records, etc.?

For those who have placed a deposit, how soon after did you get the instructions regarding criminal background check immunization records, etc.?
I placed my deposit right before Christmas. I received a confirmation e-mail from Touro saying my deposit has been excepted as follows:

This will acknowledge receipt of your admissions deposit. We welcome you as a member of the Touro University Nevada Osteopathic Medicine Program’s Class of 2018.

Below are a number of important reminders:

· The deposit will be credited to your tuition for Fall 2014.

· Registration for courses is contingent upon

§ Completion of all course pre-requisites

§ Receipt of official transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended.

§ Receipt of an official transcripts listing the completion of a baccalaureate degree.

· Orientation will begin July 30, 2014. Expect to be in orientation all day on Thursday and Friday. Classes will begin on August 4, 2014.

Note that it is your responsibility to follow up to ensure that all institutions send transcripts to the following address:

Touro University Nevada Office of Admissions

ATTN: DO Admissions Counselor

874 American Pacific Drive

Henderson, Nevada 89014

You will receive a series of emails about such important topics as registration, orientation, immunizations, financial aid, and health insurance. It is important to read carefully and respond, as necessary, in a timely manner. You have taken the first steps toward your goal of becoming a physician. We look forward to assisting you as you move closer to orientation and the first day of classes. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. It is especially important to let us know if you are encountering difficulty completing the admissions requirements and/or your status changes.

I have not yet has any other e-mails regarding immunizations, background check, etc.

Hi everyone! I just received an ii here, and am pretty excited! I'm currently holding an acceptance, but it's across the country, and Vegas area is much, much closer to family (and cheaper to live!). Does anyone know approx. how many they've accepted so far? Also, for those of you that have scheduled interviews recently, how far out are they? Thanks a ton!!

Hi everyone! I just received an ii here, and am pretty excited! I'm currently holding an acceptance, but it's across the country, and Vegas area is much, much closer to family (and cheaper to live!). Does anyone know approx. how many they've accepted so far? Also, for those of you that have scheduled interviews recently, how far out are they? Thanks a ton!!

I don't know how many spots are open. I scheduled my interview about 5 weeks out and I called immediately after I received the II. It was the earliest time available... As far as acceptance spots go, they list some stats saying they interview about 500 people for 135 spots. My guess would be they actually offer about 200+- acceptances to fill those 135 seats. So you have slightly more than a 1 in 3 chance of acceptance if you get an interview... Not quite what you asked for but the best I can do...

Can you please share when you were complete?

Can you please share when you were complete?

Complete on 10/22.....forever ago! I had just figured I had a silent rejection. Interviews are being scheduled for 1/27 (full....I'm on the waitlist for it), 2/3, and 2/11, so not too far out.

For sure go to it if this is somewhere you want to go!

For sure go to it if this is somewhere you want to go!

Oh yeah, I'm going! I'm scheduled for 2/11, but hoping a spot opens up on 1/27. It's much closer to family, cheaper to live, has all the rotations in the Henderson/LV area (don't have to move for years 3 and 4), and great public schools (I have 4 kiddos!). At this point, without even interviewing, it's my top choice DO school (the WWAMI program through UW is #1, but that's a whole different ballgame!).

I placed my deposit right before Christmas. I received a confirmation e-mail from Touro saying my deposit has been excepted as follows:

This will acknowledge receipt of your admissions deposit. We welcome you as a member of the Touro University Nevada Osteopathic Medicine Program’s Class of 2018.

Below are a number of important reminders:

· The deposit will be credited to your tuition for Fall 2014.

· Registration for courses is contingent upon

§ Completion of all course pre-requisites

§ Receipt of official transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended.

§ Receipt of an official transcripts listing the completion of a baccalaureate degree.

· Orientation will begin July 30, 2014. Expect to be in orientation all day on Thursday and Friday. Classes will begin on August 4, 2014.

Note that it is your responsibility to follow up to ensure that all institutions send transcripts to the following address:

Touro University Nevada Office of Admissions

ATTN: DO Admissions Counselor

874 American Pacific Drive

Henderson, Nevada 89014

You will receive a series of emails about such important topics as registration, orientation, immunizations, financial aid, and health insurance. It is important to read carefully and respond, as necessary, in a timely manner. You have taken the first steps toward your goal of becoming a physician. We look forward to assisting you as you move closer to orientation and the first day of classes. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. It is especially important to let us know if you are encountering difficulty completing the admissions requirements and/or your status changes.

I have not yet has any other e-mails regarding immunizations, background check, etc.

Has anyone received the post deposit email yet? I still have yet to receive it

Oh then no, deposit receipts went out, transcripts receipts should be feb, everything else I guess after like you mentioned

I don't know how many spots are open. I scheduled my interview about 5 weeks out and I called immediately after I received the II. It was the earliest time available... As far as acceptance spots go, they list some stats saying they interview about 500 people for 135 spots. My guess would be they actually offer about 200+- acceptances to fill those 135 seats. So you have slightly more than a 1 in 3 chance of acceptance if you get an interview... Not quite what you asked for but the best I can do...

Psst....its technically 136....

For those of you who have interviewed and heard back, did it really take 4 weeks for them to make a decision?

For those of you who have interviewed and heard back, did it really take 4 weeks for them to make a decision?

Mine took like 10 days...

However others have had it take around 4 weeks yes