Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 3/6 and anxiously waiting :/ I'm guessing it'll be the 17th of April since that's the 6 week mark?

I interviewed the 27th of February. 6 week mark was yesterday. Haven't heard anything. They are closed today and tomorrow for Passover. Friday is Good Friday so I'm not sure if that's a statutory holiday. If it is I suspect we won't here until next week and you probably won't until the 7 week mark.

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed 3/6 and anxiously waiting :/ I'm guessing it'll be the 17th of April since that's the 6 week mark?

I interviewed the 27th of February. 6 week mark was yesterday. Haven't heard anything. They are closed today and tomorrow for Passover. Friday is Good Friday so I'm not sure if that's a statutory holiday. If it is I suspect we won't here until next week and you probably won't until the 7 week mark.

annieJ is right, Touro College and University campuses are closed in observance of Passover and admissions staff will return on April 19. Expect to hear a reply then or later.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary 2/19 Sent update letter 3/19 II 3/24 Interviewed 3/27 Waitlisted 4/6
Not sure if that's a good thing/bad thing/ or if i can even figure it out lol. Just going to continue to send update letters. I thought I nailed the interview, but who knows if they are being extra cautious this year with what happened last year.

Edit: Harlem campus

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary 2/19 Sent update letter 3/19 II 3/24 Interviewed 3/27 Waitlisted 4/6
Not sure if that's a good thing/bad thing/ or if i can even figure it out lol. Just going to continue to send update letters. I thought I nailed the interview, but who knows if they are being extra cautious this year with what happened last year.

Edit: Harlem campus

I interviewed 3/20 at Harlem, thought I did pretty well, and waitlisted 4/2 (yes, Sunday at 10:35 pm). Liana Perez did say that waitlisted candidates will be notified earlier. AHH hope we get in, they won't be looking at waitlist at least until second deposit is due May 15th.

I interviewed 3/20 at Harlem, thought I did pretty well, and waitlisted 4/2 (yes, Sunday at 10:35 pm). Liana Perez did say that waitlisted candidates will be notified earlier. AHH hope we get in, they won't be looking at waitlist at least until second deposit is due May 15th.

Yeah I try not to think about it too much. I have grades that come out May 17th so I keep telling myself that if I do super well it will help bump me off the waitlist. Just gotta focus on what we can control, sent an letter of intent day after as well.

All the best to ya.

awww okay thanks, the waiting is killing me :'( good luck keep us posted!

Has anyone tried calling the admins at touro middletown? Been calling for a few weeks now and no one ever seems to pick up..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone tried calling the admins at touro middletown? Been calling for a few weeks now and no one ever seems to pick up..

If you called sometime anytime last week or before Tuesday then they were closed for Passover. I left a message last Monday and no one answered or called me back.

I'm getting kind of frustrated. It's been almost 8 weeks now.

Does anyone know when immunization forms have to be in by? Online it just says two months before course registration and classes starting but there is no specified date for course registration.

Hey guys, anyone know if they've finished sending out IIs?

If you called sometime anytime last week or before Tuesday then they were closed for Passover. I left a message last Monday and no one answered or called me back.

I'm getting kind of frustrated. It's been almost 8 weeks now.

I called last week Thursday and they said that they will be sending out decisions for the March 6th interview date sometime early this week. Fingers crossed! They're running behind because of the Passover break.

Reactions: 1 users
I called last week Thursday and they said that they will be sending out decisions for the March 6th interview date sometime early this week. Fingers crossed! They're running behind because of the Passover break.

That's nice to know. I wonder if they forgot about Feb. 27th completely or will send it at the same time. I'm kind of frustrated.

I interviewed 2/27 and got accepted today!!! I had to call, apparently they forgot me :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind saying your stats? :)

Not at all. GPA is 5.4ish with an upward trend and MCAT is 508. I'm also Canadian. I do have research experience (I was working on an undergraduate thesis) and tons of work and volunteering.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone share their interview experience? I felt that one of the interviewers seemed really mad...I don't know if she just didn't like me or if it was part of the acting (the whole good cop/bad cop)?:( Any input is appreciated!
I really don't think I said anything that could be taken as wrong....Location: Middletown
Thanks!

Can anyone share their interview experience? I felt that one of the interviewers seemed really mad...I don't know if she just didn't like me or if it was part of the acting (the whole good cop/bad cop)?:( Any input is appreciated!
I really don't think I said anything that could be taken as wrong....Location: Middletown
Thanks!
Lol i think we may have had the same woman. It's nothing we said or did, she was being the bad cop and probably seeing how we handle pressure

Lol i think we may have had the same woman. It's nothing we said or did, she was being the bad cop and probably seeing how we handle pressure
I interviewed yesterday. Did u as well?

Not at all. GPA is 5.4ish with an upward trend and MCAT is 508. I'm also Canadian. I do have research experience (I was working on an undergraduate thesis) and tons of work and volunteering.
5.4 GPA?....

Haven't heard anything yet. Interviewed 3/6

yeah I figured lol.

Do you think it's really worth calling? It seemed to have worked for you.

Definitely can't hurt. They can't tell you anything over the phone but they can give you a timeline.

EDIT: Frank Rose (who seems to do admission emails) is away at a conference until Monday so maybe wait a couple days. They might just not have finished before they left.

Definitely can't hurt. They can't tell you anything over the phone but they can give you a timeline.

EDIT: Frank Rose (who seems to do admission emails) is away at a conference until Monday so maybe wait a couple days. They might just not have finished before they left.

Seriously? Looks like another week of waiting is in the works.

What do you mean by they can't tell you anything over the phone? Didn't they tell you about your acceptance like that?

Seriously? Looks like another week of waiting is in the works.

What do you mean by they can't tell you anything over the phone? Didn't they tell you about your acceptance like that?

Nope, Frank made a cryptic comment about how he thought he'd sent out everything out but had missed me then told me to wait 15 minutes at which point I would have the email.

Has anyone from the 3/6 interview heard anything?
Interviewed 3/6 waitlisted yesterday. Email was very generic, I wish they had given some more information as to where I was on the waitlist. I've tried contacting admissions but they never pick up. Does anyone know if they even have waitlist rankings/if anyone has been taken off the waitlist already?

Also, does anyone know the name of that professor who gave that great speech on interview day (white coat, older gentleman, kept getting calls in the middle of his speech)?

Interviewed 3/6 waitlisted yesterday. Email was very generic, I wish they had given some more information as to where I was on the waitlist. I've tried contacting admissions but they never pick up. Does anyone know if they even have waitlist rankings/if anyone has been taken off the waitlist already?

I got waitlisted also. I doubt people have been taken off already, I was looking at last years forums and it looks like the movement was mainly in July :/ im honestly pretty annoyed at how disorganized everything has been so far and if they pull people off the waitlist im expecting it to be last second and later on

and I know exactly who you're talking about but I don't remember his name lol

I got waitlisted also. I doubt people have been taken off already, I was looking at last years forums and it looks like the movement was mainly in July :/ im honestly pretty annoyed at how disorganized everything has been so far and if they pull people off the waitlist im expecting it to be last second and later on

and I know exactly who you're talking about but I don't remember his name lol
Someone on the forum said that may 15th is the deadline for the deposit for accepted students and that they start looking at the waitlist around then

Someone on the forum said that may 15th is the deadline for the deposit for accepted students and that they start looking at the waitlist around then

oh okay hopefully. but didn't he also seem to emphasize the masters program and the # of people they pull off there? like theyre gonna have priority over any of us if they meet the gpa requirement since it's a guarantee for them

also don't they still have interview dates later than ours to go through/accept people? I don't think we were the last date

From what I understand there has already been movement from the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Insert 20 posts about everyone on the waitlist starting to FREAK out because they think they just got passed up.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with anyone from Middletown admissions since Monday? I've been trying but nobody is picking up the phone or answering emails

Has anyone been able to get in touch with anyone from Middletown admissions since Monday? I've been trying but nobody is picking up the phone or answering emails

I know they have been extremely busy since Passover. Call at different times of the day, morning, lunch, early evening.

Also, the class roster will be finalized in the "next coming weeks". Just heard from Frank.

3/27 Middletown interviewers: I spoke to Frank today and he said we should be hearing in the next week.

Does anyone remember if the Middletown building has a gym? For some reason, I don't remember seeing that on the tour.

I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist, good luck to all of you!

I've been trying pretty much every day this week to get in touch with admissions, they aren't picking up my calls or answering emails. Are they closed or something? Has anyone been able to get in touch?

Waitlisted today, interviewed 3/27 at Middletown.

Touro Middletown Accepted 5/1/2017. Interviewed 3/6/2017. Can anyone comment on rotations at Touro? I have heard some grumbling about administration's disorganization. I am acceptance to Israel school as well, any suggestions?

It's a new school so everything is a bit disorganized. The biggest complaint I heard from the students during the tour was actually the faculty being very hands off and unhelpful when it came to the clinical rotations (which do not overlap very much with harlems rotation sites so they're a bit limited)

Touro Middletown Accepted 5/1/2017. Interviewed 3/6/2017. Can anyone comment on rotations at Touro? I have heard some grumbling about administration's disorganization. I am acceptance to Israel school as well, any suggestions?
I'll take your Israel acceptance if you decide touro haha