Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who was accepted, what does the first line of the acceptance email state? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Received a Middletown II yesterday for Monday 3/27.

Can anyone share how long the interview day ran? This is last minute for me so I have some scheduling conflicts.

EDIT: NVM got it

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they reject pre-II? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary and wondering if they send out any notification on a decision.

Does anyone know if they reject pre-II? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary and wondering if they send out any notification on a decision.

Pretty sure I remember them mentioning that they do send rejections pre-II, when they told us they get ~10k apps and interview 500. At this point I think you should send an update letter and then call/email them to see where you stand. Good luck

FYI guys, I got an email from the Middletown campus last week saying that they are hoping to release decisions for the 2/6 and 2/13 interview dates by the end of THIS week. Good luck to everyone who interviewed on these dates!

For anyone who was accepted, what does the first line of the acceptance email state? Thanks

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it gives me great pleasure to notify you of your acceptance to the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine for Fall 2017 at the Middletown, NY campus."

Reactions: 1 user
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it gives me great pleasure to notify you of your acceptance to the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine for Fall 2017 at the Middletown, NY campus."
Thanks!!!

Waitlist today, Harlem

Primary sept. Secondary November. II January. Interviewed 2/6. cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.4 MCAT 509. 3 yrs clinical experience, OOS, Non trad

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
anyone know why the first deposit ($2000) is so high here relative to all other schools?

anyone know why the first deposit ($2000) is so high here relative to all other schools?

WVSOM is the same way. I assume it's because they see a lot of people bail after they pay their deposit so they figure they might as well make some money off of it. Just a guess though

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/6 looks like they are delayed further.

Interviewed 3/6 at harlem and was accepted via email yesterday!

Reactions: 1 users
At least now I know I won't hear back for a good three weeks (Interviewed 2/27) and can stop stressing.

Interviewed 2/13 middletown. The waiting game is strong. Im guessing they'll send out decisions on friday like they usually do.

For those of you who still have to interview..... I encourage you to inquire about the variability of the quality of the clinical equcation and our poor COMLEX level 2 pass rates. Students who will be matriculating here should know as much as possible about this school especially our clinical rotations are.

For those of you who still have to interview..... I encourage you to inquire about the variability of the quality of the clinical equcation and our poor COMLEX level 2 pass rates. Students who will be matriculating here should know as much as possible about this school especially our clinical rotations are.
Why don't you tell us?

WL today. Good Luck everyone!
Waitlisted as well. Interviewed at Middletown 2/6. Did anyone from 2/6-2/13 get an acceptance?
Also, anyone know what the waitlist movement is like? Do they have rankings or is it by interview date?

Accepted today from 02/06 interview! First acceptance :)

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed at Middletown 2/6. Did anyone from 2/6-2/13 get an acceptance?
Also, anyone know what the waitlist movement is like? Do they have rankings or is it by interview date?
I don't know if it's ranked or not but I remember they said they have tons of movement!

For those of you accepted you should really try to look into the problems this school faces. Many have not been improved and have been dismissed by the faculty and administration.

For those of you accepted you should really try to look into the problems this school faces. Many have not been improved and have been dismissed by the faculty and administration.

Instead of posting all these warnings why not shed some light onto these problems??

Reactions: 4 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance from Middletown today, good luck to everyone!

got an interview invite yesterday to interview tomorrow!! I'm excited but had definitely thought that interview season was over for me. Anyone have any thoughts or tips about interview day they'd like to share? I'm feeling a little unprepared

Could you be any more vague?

does anyone know how much movement usually occurs for waitlisted students? really hard to gauge with no waitlist status. got accepted into at still soma, but I think id pull out if I got into harlem. thanks!

Could you be any more vague?

If anyone has questions about Touro Harlem, feel free to PM me.

But make sure you're actually PMing me, and not doing that weird public SDN chat thing.

got an interview invite yesterday to interview tomorrow!! I'm excited but had definitely thought that interview season was over for me. Anyone have any thoughts or tips about interview day they'd like to share? I'm feeling a little unprepared

Congrats and good luck! Be prepared with traditional interview questions and be able to address on any weaknesses on your application. Other than that just be confident!

We are all interested to hear what you have to say about the school. Please share.

does anyone know how much movement usually occurs for waitlisted students? really hard to gauge with no waitlist status. got accepted into at still soma, but I think id pull out if I got into harlem. thanks!

I'm interested in this too, I seemed to get a mixed impression when I read back previous years' threads. I'm waitlisted at a couple schools (no acceptances) and the uncertainty blows!

Will be withdrawing my seat! Hope it goes to one of you on the wait-list :)

So what? Every school has problems. In the end if you work your ass off it affects you very little if at all. In the end you will graduate and be a doctor and if you worked hard, in the desired specialty in the desired location you want. Time is best spent furthering yourself than whining on internet forums about your woes. There were many issues that arose during my time there with many people complaining about it and freaking out, but nothing really affected me in the end. Some people just like complaining I guess.

With that said, there is one concern I have with the school and it is the current clinical education at Middletown. They are supposedly securing more hospitals but as is this year it is a mess with placing students. Besides that all I can say is I learned a ton from my clinical experience there and put in the work to make sure I got the most out of it. On elective rotations I knew the same/more than most of the MD students I was with, many from "top 10-20-50 or whatever" schools, and felt more than competent in my knowledge and skills. The school doesn't make sure of this and reflects in the lower step 2 scores vs step 1. If you can learn to be independent and stay on top of your work, like a normal adult I guess, you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app