Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was wait listed :( Anyone know any information about the wait list? This is my top school by far.

Dam, when did you interview? I heard there's a lot of movement on the waitlist. I know many people who were accepted after the masters students put down their deposits.

Members don't see this ad.

how long after your interview are people hearing decisions?

Reactions: 1 user
Was wait listed :( Anyone know any information about the wait list? This is my top school by far.

My tour guide was accepted three days before classes started and they implied they pretty much accepted until day of. Apparently, a few of the master's students were even pulled out of the master's program for the DO program after they were accepted. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?
I interviewed 1/23. Were you guys saying you've heard movement already? Or just that there has been movement in the past?

I interviewed 1/23. Were you guys saying you've heard movement already? Or just that there has been movement in the past?

I interviewed the same day at the Middletown campus and heard back at the end of 5 weeks. They told us 4-6 weeks we'd hear.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just called and they said that they would be emailing me some time this week.

Is anyone interviewing this Wednesday?

I'm interviewing this Wednesday :D

I'm interviewing this Wednesday :D

Good luck! Interviewed there today. Everyone there is super friendly. I know people say that about every program (or so it seems), but they really are. That is the 8th interview I've done and thought it was the least stressful one.

Has anyone heard back since interviewing in early feb?

Interviewed 2/22 and just received my waitlist email today.

I asked about waitlist movement during my interview. They said they typically see a lot of movement and have exhausted their waitlist in previous years, but last year they saw very low movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/23, also just received my waitlist email.

Interviewed 2/22 and just received my waitlist email today.

I asked about waitlist movement during my interview. They said they typically see a lot of movement and have exhausted their waitlist in previous years, but last year they saw very low movement.

I wonder how the whole over-enrollment ridiculousness from last year will affect the wait list. You would think that they would have accepted less people up front and then put more people on the wait list, which would result in more movement but also more competition I guess.

I wonder how the whole over-enrollment ridiculousness from last year will affect the wait list. You would think that they would have accepted less people up front and then put more people on the wait list, which would result in more movement but also more competition I guess.

So they actually outright told my interview group that due to over accepting last year, they would be accepting fewer students for this cycle. I wasn't aware of the fiasco at the time so I interpreted it as having a smaller 1st year matriculating class overall, but now I'm thinking it referred to accepting less and wait-listing more.

Reactions: 1 users
For what its worth, the Facebook group doesnt seem even close to the total class size. Im sure they'll accept way more people off the waitlist this year.

Reactions: 1 users
See you tomorrow! Do you know if breakfast will be provided?
They had some small snacks and stuff, like muffins and fruits, as well as coffee and other drinks. No eggs and sausage or anything like that, in case thats what youre expecting! :laugh: Good luck!

Harlem. They said Middletown acceptance numbers won't be affected by harlem's mistake.
awesome. im applying to middletown and interview the 13th. hopefully they arent full yet

awesome. im applying to middletown and interview the 13th. hopefully they arent full yet
Best of luck! It's a really laid back interview, faculty members are super nice and welcoming

i interviewed sunday and they're not full but they only have 15 spots left :( for our group and the 2-3 groups who have yet to interview :/ probably gonna be a lot of waitlists i think

Its been 4 weeks and 3 days. Is it too soon to send an email asking for a status? LOL

I had a dream I was at orientation and was ecstatic at how cool and nice my classmates were. So at least Touro is good in my dreams! :laugh:

Has anyone started looking at places in Middletown? I dont know if I want to be alone or with roommates, and there isnt raelly much activity on the facebook page...

Same here, I'll be bringing a small cat and little dog with me and there's not many options to begin with unless your fine living somewhere dive-y. Rent is surprisingly high considering the location lol

For those accepted-at tourocom middletown

I know this is a FAQ but what's your reason for going? I love the vibe from the school but the tuition hurts my soul.

For those accepted-at tourocom middletown

I know this is a FAQ but what's your reason for going? I love the vibe from the school but the tuition hurts my soul.

Facility. Looks scary on the outside, but so beautiful and modern inside. Also, love the flipped classroom style. I do well with reinforcement learning to find my areas of weakness.

The tuition isn't terrible. Yes, high, but it is medical school. Tuition will be relatively the same everywhere.

Facility. Looks scary on the outside, but so beautiful and modern inside. Also, love the flipped classroom style. I do well with reinforcement learning to find my areas of weakness.

The tuition isn't terrible. Yes, high, but it is medical school. Tuition will be relatively the same everywhere.

I agree wholeheartedly. The tuition is the only thing that scares me. I'm looking to live off campus so that's going to be more $$ around 90K but hey it's medical school.

I agree wholeheartedly. The tuition is the only thing that scares me. I'm looking to live off campus so that's going to be more $$ around 90K but hey it's medical school.

To be honest I loved the size of the school and the atmosphere when I interviewed. I was very comfortable there. They are super dog friendly which I love because I'll be bringing my ESA dog with me. I brought him on interview day. I have mixed feelings about the flipped class system but we shall see about how that goes. And I love the anatomy department and the fact that the open lab hours are catered to you and not the other way around. BUT the living expenses and tuition hurts my heart. Hello LOANS LOANS LOANS *bitch better have my money* to loan venders. But it's medical school I'd need to take out loans wherever I go lol

On the search for a roommate now and the Facebook page is eerily quiet.

Last edited:
interviewed 2/27 waitlisted today

Did you mean February 27th because that was fast? I interviewed on 2/27 too and I've heard nothing so far. I don't know what that means. I loved the school.

Did you mean February 27th because that was fast? I interviewed on 2/27 too and I've heard nothing so far. I don't know what that means. I loved the school.

Yes, Feb 27th. My interviewers grilled me and truly put me down the entire time so maybe that's why they made a decision so fast. (*Harlem)

Yes, Feb 27th. My interviewers grilled me and truly put me down the entire time so maybe that's why they made a decision so fast. (*Harlem)

I interviewed at Middletown so maybe Harlem is just first. Two "bad cop" interviewers must have been terrible.

does anyone know if there's a facebook page up for incoming students yet? is there a special roommate/housing forum anywhere???

does anyone know if there's a facebook page up for incoming students yet? is there a special roommate/housing forum anywhere???

I've been looking for the same thing! I wonder if we're supposed to just make one..

I've been looking for the same thing! I wonder if we're supposed to just make one..

Facebook group.

Send a picture of your acceptance letter to an admin. Also, let me know if it works cause I'm on my phone right now. I'll send the link when I get on a computer if needed.

Facebook group.

Send a picture of your acceptance letter to an admin. Also, let me know if it works cause I'm on my phone right now. I'll send the link when I get on a computer if needed.

Thanks! Isn't that group specific to Middletown? I was accepted to the Harlem campus

Thanks! Isn't that group specific to Middletown? I was accepted to the Harlem campus

same! accepted to harlem and want to know if this facebook page is supposed to be for both campuses??

Whoops. Sorry I didn't see that in previous posts. That is just for Middletown.