Touro College of Pharmacy NY - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long till they send out the email?
How important is this interview to whether or not they will take you?

Sparda Touro Pharmacy should pay for all the help you give to students trying to get in or got in. Or atleast give you a tuition discount ..thanks again

Question #1 - How long till they send out e-mail? I believe 2 weeks after the end of interviews, you can ask questions like these in the QA part of the interview.

Question #2 - This interview is pretty much the most important thing in whether or not they take you. If you've made it this far, your stats are good enough, now all that matters is if they like you at the interview.

LMAO, in actuality, they'd probably like it I didn't help y'all out.

Members don't see this ad.

goodluck to all interviewing this week ..let us know how it went

Sparda or any other Touro Students,

do you guys know the federal code for touro? to apply for fafsa?

Members don't see this ad :)
finished my interview. Prof Cook was mad cool

Last edited:
finished my interview. Prof Cook was mad cool and Prof Tahir was annoying.

Cook actually liked all my answers and Tahir was coming of like she is an M.D. from another world.

I found out from students that no one likes her. Some one even said she is antiJewish.

Sparda, your thoughts please?

I like both of them. She's not Anti-Jewish, let me guess, someone Jewish told you that about Dr. Tahir. The guy that I know who doesn't like her is a douche anyway. They don't like her because she doesn't treat us like children.

Just curious.... does anyone know the demographics for this school?

Does enyone know when is the last day of the interviews????

my guess is they are doing 20/day in 2 sessions/day for either 2 or 3 weeks, not counting fridays. If 2 weeks then 160 interviewed for 100 spots, jibes with what was reported for last year's process, adjusted for the 25% year-over-year increase in class size. Started this tuesday so add 2-3 weeks to that...feb 15 will be finished if I was betting and notices sent out before end of the month...just a guess:)

3 weeks of interviews mon thru Thursday 14 daily x 4 days a week = 56
56 x 3 = 168 interview candidates for 100 seats, possibly more..

The P2 class I believe is pretty much is a mix of White, Black, South Asians (India/Paki), and East Asians, and Jews. The P1 class is majority East Asian and South Asian.

Gender wise, about 75% female.
Sparda the 75% females, any possible wifeys?

Hey,, guys i have interview coming up need some help with posssible question how does it work? thanks any help will be appreciate

Members don't see this ad :)
sparda is it ok to bring our resume and at the group part of interview is it more like solving problems or like more like discussion thxx

alright everyone best of luck, I got accepted to my first choice rutgers. So this will be last post here. All the best.

Thanks Sparda for all your help and good luck on the future wife.

thanks sparda,, beside beside public health and heath disparities what other corners are good to be prepared for thanks..

is interview with professors more like scenario based questions? if so what types of questions? do they ask any questions to throw you off or test your pharmacy - drugs knowledge?

Is there a reason why Touro-NY is not listed in the Interview Feedback list? I had hoped to use it as a resource :) Or am I somehow missing it? :confused:

is interview with professors more like scenario based questions? if so what types of questions? do they ask any questions to throw you off or test your pharmacy - drugs knowledge?

We mentioned several times throughout this thread on what is to be expected during the interviews. I don't want to give you all of the questions directly otherwise, it'll just be too easy. If you read this thread thoroughly and did on search on SDN regarding how to prepare for the interview then you will do just fine. BTW, none of the question are the same, they are randomized so whatever questions one person had for their interview will be somewhat different for another person.

alright everyone best of luck, I got accepted to my first choice rutgers.

were you already accepted to rutgers as a P1, or as a yr 1 of 6 student? i was under the impression they don't even contact transfers until late march, early april

guys, who went to the interview..how did it go, did any one recieve acceptance letter yet...i went to the interview on the 3rd...............

i declined my interview offer at Tuoro due to schedule conflicts with my tests and plus I got accepted into an instate school. But good luck to you all, living in NYC would be awesome :)

So they are calling 240 people for the interview but only 100 spots??????

I leave LA tonight for my Tuesday interview! It's at 1pm, and I definitely plan on getting there early.

Sparda, you've mentioned that we can go to the student lounge and talk to the ambassadors....when's the earliest that I can get there?

I leave LA tonight for my Tuesday interview! It's at 1pm, and I definitely plan on getting there early.

Sparda, you've mentioned that we can go to the student lounge and talk to the ambassadors....when's the earliest that I can get there?

Uhh, that student lounge is no longer in use (well some people might still go there) since the new building is up and running. If you have a 1PM interview, you'll probably see the pharm/med students all in the cafeteria. I have pharm lab on Tuesday afternoons so you won't see me.

They haven't used the student ambassadors yet, actually gotta find out when they want us. But if you get there early you can talk to us.

alright everyone best of luck, I got accepted to my first choice rutgers. So this will be last post here. All the best.

Thanks Sparda for all your help and good luck on the future wife.

wow congrats..goodluck

i declined my interview offer at Tuoro due to schedule conflicts with my tests and plus I got accepted into an instate school. But good luck to you all, living in NYC would be awesome :)

how many people want to go to touro as first choice or is this a backup school for most of you?

I know its 240-- because there are 20 being interviewed every day and they interviews run for 3 weeks---so do the math

They haven't used the student ambassadors yet, actually gotta find out when they want us. But if you get there early you can talk to us.

Do you mean this round has not had student ambassadors used thus far??:scared:

Can anyone who has had an interview offer their impression and experiences?

I know its 240-- because there are 20 being interviewed every day and they interviews run for 3 weeks---so do the math

Everyone says around 160..isn't it 16 a day for three weeks

Question: Did everyone already receive calls for interviews, or is Touro still going to call more people?

how many people want to go to touro as first choice or is this a backup school for most of you?

Touro is def. my 1st choice!!!! I loved the tour, my overall impression of the school was just great!! Sooo.. i'm hoping to hear from them after the last interviews!!!! :xf::D

Question: Did everyone already receive calls for interviews, or is Touro still going to call more people?

I assume they email everyone if you weren't emailed then you might not be accepted for this year...

Touro is def. my 1st choice!!!! I loved the tour, my overall impression of the school was just great!! Sooo.. i'm hoping to hear from them after the last interviews!!!! :xf::D

where else did you apply

I assume they email everyone if you weren't emailed then you might not be accepted for this year...

I read the thread, and people were getting invites before the end of the app deadline. Seeing how Touro is not admitting students on a rolling basis, then I wondered if they called some students who applied way back when first, and then will call the rest of the students who gave in their apps by the extended deadline. Any ideas Sparda?

/Know what happens when you assume?

I know this is was posted awhile ago, but I was just wondering if you have any more information on this?

This is not definite as we're currently trying to gather interest in the class and see if people would sign up for it, but there is a good chance that Touro is going to offer a dual degree Pharm D/MPH (Master of Public Health).
whoops..forgot original post. I was wondering if you have any more information on this?

did anyone get an accpetance email from touro yet?? i head someone got in and declined there acceptance