Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
since now the interview cycle is closed, there no more reserve pool. i think that the reserve pool is when u r actually not waitlisted and ur applicant gets look at in each month of interview. Since theres no more interview cycle, then u r in the waitlist and your only chance is if someone declines ur seat. Im pretty sure alot of people r going to decline so hold on tight.

thx hombe

Members don't see this ad.

dont give up hope whoever that got waitlisted. keep your heads up. Sorry Tina, i thought u were going to get in. i think u were part of my group session. ill keep hoping for u

Thanks :) I hope Ill get in and see u in couple of months :D Pray for me :D

Congrats to everyone who got into the 2015 class. And I hope to God that you guys are a better group than the Class of 2014. :smuggrin:

According to the professors, Class of 2012 is their favorite class, 2013 is by far the smartest class, and 2014....

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if those who already attend touro can answer this. But during the interview, I saw the interviewer writing down numbers of 1 and 2 and then circling them right after I answered a question. Any ideas as to what this signifies????

:( Sorry to hear that :( Do you know if there is a priority system for waiting list or anyway to estimate the chance of getting admitted?

From what I know, each question is graded either 0 (not the answer they're looking for), 1 (sort of the answer they are looking for), or 2 (the answer they are looking for). This is how your interview is scored and there is similar grading done outside the interview room for appearance, hygiene, professionalism, personality, etc. Your scores are added up and you are ranked against other candidates based on this score.

And this is how they rank the waiting list.

Hi everyone, First of all good luck to everyone still waiting :). Im beinging the search for an appartment and if there is anyone out there looking for a roommate please pm me.

Thanks and good luck again

When I interviewed I seem to remember mostly 1's being written down even though I believe I was answering all questions on point :( O well. Hope I get in!! :xf::xf::xf:

Any idea how many people are on the waiting list?

From what I know, each question is graded either 0 (not the answer they're looking for), 1 (sort of the answer they are looking for), or 2 (the answer they are looking for). This is how your interview is scored and there is similar grading done outside the interview room for appearance, hygiene, professionalism, personality, etc. Your scores are added up and you are ranked against other candidates based on this score.

Congrats to everyone who got into the 2015 class. And I hope to God that you guys are a better group than the Class of 2014. :smuggrin:

According to the professors, Class of 2012 is their favorite class, 2013 is by far the smartest class, and 2014....

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sparda. I think our class has some jewels in it. Some of us work 2 jobs, have 1-2 kids and still manage to do well...so ill take that comment with a grain of salt.

Regardless. i would like to say thank you for being there when I needed to ask questions last year, it was greatly appreciated. Good luck in your last year.

Class of 2014

By "personality" are they looking for someone who's friendly and talkative, and likes to start conversations w/others? or as long as you're nice and friendly but not super outgoing it's okay?

thanks! :oops:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sparda. I think our class has some jewels in it. Some of us work 2 jobs, have 1-2 kids and still manage to do well...so ill take that comment with a grain of salt.

Regardless. i would like to say thank you for being there when I needed to ask questions last year, it was greatly appreciated. Good luck in your last year.

Class of 2014

There are a few of you in the 2014 class who are pretty smart. But I've heard your class requires a bit more "attention" or "hand-holding" from the faculty than the previous years required. First year is definitely an overwhelming year though, jumping straight from undergrad into it is tough.

By "personality" are they looking for someone who's friendly and talkative, and likes to start conversations w/others? or as long as you're nice and friendly but not super outgoing it's okay?

thanks! :oops:

They're definitely looking for someone who is friendly but they wanna make sure you can work well in a team, know how to have fun, etc.

Anybody on wait list hear anything yet?

Current students, any idea what our chances are? Has anybody heard anything new about the wait list? and have your finals ended yet?

Thanks!

Current students, any idea what our chances are? Has anybody heard anything new about the wait list? and have your finals ended yet?

Thanks!

Hey Pumpkinz1, I'm still playing the waiting game :(

Last edited:
If people drop they still need to fill the spots...so someone has to be working at some point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey sparda and pentakosia,

What do you suppose people who weren't accepted should do for next year to better prepare? Obviously apply early (I'm killing myself for that). Do you think it is necessary to become a certified pharmacy technician? It is a 1 year course and it wouldn't even be completed until after next years admissions cycle. I have a ton of experience working in a doctors office but none in a pharmacy. Do you suppose I should keep my job in the doctors office and try to get a pharmacy assistant job as well?

Anybody have any thoughts??

I gave up my seat this week, so that should help someone on the waiting list hopefully. Good luck everyone.

People who are still on the wait list and confused should email Mary Clarke at [email protected]

I just got an email from her today so she should be working maybe tomorrow. This mid next week looks to be a Jewish holiday so school is closed. Maybe you could keep in touch with her the days prior.

Thanks pharmpractice! Where will you be attending instead? LIU?

Last edited:
Hey sparda and pentakosia,

What do you suppose people who weren't accepted should do for next year to better prepare? Obviously apply early (I'm killing myself for that). Do you think it is necessary to become a certified pharmacy technician? It is a 1 year course and it wouldn't even be completed until after next years admissions cycle. I have a ton of experience working in a doctors office but none in a pharmacy. Do you suppose I should keep my job in the doctors office and try to get a pharmacy assistant job as well?

Anybody have any thoughts??

You don't need to be a certified pharmacy technician. Just get a job in a pharmacy.

Honestly, I think people are wasting their time and money by signing up for these pharmacy technician courses from Sanford Brown, etc. School to become a pharmacy technician? Really? What happened to you just start off as a pharmacy clerk and take the technician test in 6 months?

Anyone know any good places to look for apt? I am just looking for a single/studio/1bedroom. Any help would be great thanks

I am not from New York, and i am jsut wondering how is the living style there? is it safe and are the rooms bigger than UWS? Also, Where do you recommend looking for studio at? People say Craigslist, but I havent been getting any luck. Thanks for your help

I'd recommend Astoria, Queens. It's a short bus ride away from Touro (about 20 minutes), and the nightlife is amazing in this area.

People who are still on the wait list and confused should email Mary Clarke at [email protected]

I just got an email from her today so she should be working maybe tomorrow. This mid next week looks to be a Jewish holiday so school is closed. Maybe you could keep in touch with her the days prior.

Hi there,
Have you received a response from Mary Clarke? I have not hear anything yet from her or school. Did she tell where are you on the waist list? I'm so nervous and hopefully can hear from her soon
Please let me know

Last edited:
I got accepted two years ago. It seems that the person who takes care of all the admissions inquiries may have changed.

Can someone currently attending Touro tell me what the schedules are like during the 4 years? Do you have a full time 9-5 schedule during the winter and summer break too? Is your schedule more flexible during the first, second, third, or fourth year? Is it mandatory to go to school every day? What are the hours you must be in school? Are the rotation sites far from the school? I am trying to arrange my life/work schedule before I start.

Which year, if possible, do you think it would be best to have a kid?

Thank you in advance!

Can someone currently attending Touro tell me what the schedules are like during the 4 years? Do you have a full time 9-5 schedule during the winter and summer break too? Is your schedule more flexible during the first, second, third, or fourth year? Is it mandatory to go to school every day? What are the hours you must be in school? Are the rotation sites far from the school? I am trying to arrange my life/work schedule before I start.

Thank you in advance!

For the P1 class....we tend to be there 9-3 pm every day usually, but not everyday. Most fridays you are off. Hope fully someone can comment on the flexibility. I had twins at the very start......and it was tough. As long as its not the first semester and you know the pace and schedule that decision will be up to you. They started making attendance mandatory, so if you dont care about getting an A then I guess its not. YOu do lose a half letter grade if you dont go a all. This may negate any curve.
Dont work the first semester as a warning..get used to the pace first.

Thank you in advance!

I don't know about the change in mandatory attendance.

P1 year has the most amount of time spent in the classroom. Pretty much 9-4 Monday-Thursday. Fridays off unless you have exams.

Your IPPE rotations are Monday-Thursday 9-5 with 2 Fridays off and 2 days for reflections at school on Friday.

P3-P4 year, it depends on the rotation site, rotation type, and preceptor you have. For my Community rotation, it was very flexible. Generally worked 11AM-7PM or left earlier if they let me. My public health rotations were very flexible, generally only went in for 3-4 hours and did projects at home.

My hospital rotations like my Institutional and Internal Medicine were very strict. Institutional, I was there from 8AM-4PM Monday-Friday.

My Internal Medicine rotation, I was there from like 7AM-7PM Monday-Friday (only expected to be there 9-5), sometimes coming in on the weekends to review patient charts, sometimes staying until 11PM. I enjoyed this rotation a lot, learned a lot, liked the team I was with, so I didn't mind staying longer than necessary.

^ as will I. Any resecommendation on housing? Also does anyone know the start date? Lol

I have a question regarding Touro supplemental application. It is not updated for this year applicants, is it ok to use last year's? Plus their website hasn't been updated either regarding admissions, and so on. Does anybody know anything? is it to early for all that?

I have a question regarding Touro supplemental application. It is not updated for this year applicants, is it ok to use last year's? Plus their website hasn't been updated either regarding admissions, and so on. Does anybody know anything? is it to early for all that?

Merged with the Touro-NY thread for better responses.

School starts on Aug 22. Orientation week is from Aug 22-25. White Coat Ceremony is on Aug 23. Those info packet will be sent to you in the next coming emails. See you there!!

You can join Touro CoP Class of 2015 on Facebook to be able to find your roommates. Good luck with ur housing hunting!!

I am a student applying for the 2012 cycle... I thought someone might be able to answer a quick question regarding Touro's pre-req requirments....I know I might have to end up calling or emailing admissions but - does anyone know if cell biology will satisfy the biochemistry requirement?

Since we don't take BioChem while in professional phase, you have to take Bio-Chemistry on your own. I took mine at a local city college to save money. It is a tough class.

hi, i'm planning to take prerequisites at Kingsborough college. checked requirement for Touro and seems like KCC offers everything i need. but my concern is if credits from KCC are accepted in Touro,:confused: because i've hear some information that some schools do not accept credits from KCC... don't know why...
did anyone took or taking prereqs from KCC?
thanks for any advice or recommendations:)

Anyone know any good places to look for apt? I am just looking for a single/studio/1bedroom. Any help would be great thanks

You should Call Miriam Calero, she works for a realtor company she was able to find a great apartment in the bronx area for my girlfriend and I. The really work with you. Her number is 718.701.4455. Their address is 2972 Jerome Ave. Bronx NY 10468.

Seriously I wen through a few people since I moved from ohio to the city, and in matter of day I got an apartment in a really safe, quiet area of the bronx next to D train.

sorry I just noticed the massive amount of grammatical errors in my previous post...anyways anybody going to Touro or LIU and has moved from out of state I highly recommend that you contact Miriam Calero 718.701.4455.

Good Morning Everyone!
I am so nervous that the class of 2015 is approaching but I still on the waiting list since Nov.
Do you know when is the orientation? I hope there are several students don't show up at the first day of because they got in a better school.
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Any community college is acceptable

has anybody received a financial aid award letter? For some reason I have not received mine, I wanted to know if I am alone on this.....