Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats FindMe. If such is the case then it seems as though more than just a last minute application is against me. This gives me some hope-?-

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Hombe, when is your interview?

My interview is on the 10th at 12pm. Any suggestion a place to stay? Im thinking about some place in time sq so i can get some rays pizza and 2 bros pizza. haha im a big fan of theirs. Places are so expensive. any suggestions would help. thanks

My interview is on the 10th at 12pm. Any suggestion a place to stay? Im thinking about some place in time sq so i can get some rays pizza and 2 bros pizza. haha im a big fan of theirs. Places are so expensive. any suggestions would help. thanks

Some people recommend orbitz or expedia to find something close. Stay near a train to get to the school quickly. Try being near the D or 2&3 train, and finally stay south of 125th Street.

Dont know if im giving Tours, depends what time they are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people recommend orbitz or expedia to find something close. Stay near a train to get to the school quickly. Try being near the D or 2&3 train, and finally stay south of 125th Street.

Dont know if im giving Tours, depends what time they are.

Thanks for ur input. I just hotwire my hotel and i am staying in Central Park for 95 dollars. I see that its close enough to certain places and its only a 20 minutes train/walk ride to Touro. IM pretty excited now. Now I have to look back those 10 pages and start reading for help. What is your name and ill look out for you during the interview if u r gong to give a tour.

hi pentakosia, thanx for replying. can u tell me where on the site can i find the promissary note? thats the "loan note" right?

pentakosia, when do you think they will wrap-up the interviews? I guess I am still Hanging on until they send me my rejection e-mail? Not sure Why I am but...

Hey everyone, I believe there was an interview today. Anyone want to comment on how it went? pentakosia, did you give the tour? Any updates on # of spots? reserve pool?

Also pentakosia, not sure if you can answer this cause they are doing admissions differently than last year...but since a lot of people are still hearing back from other schools (some schools even get back to you in June), does that mean if people give up their spots that late in the game itll go to reserve pool, meaning a rejection letter can actually come as late as July?

Lastly, pentakosia you are class of 2014 right? How saturated is your class? are their 100 people??

Again thanks for all the info.

Hey everyone, I believe there was an interview today. Anyone want to comment on how it went? pentakosia, did you give the tour? Any updates on # of spots? reserve pool?

Also pentakosia, not sure if you can answer this cause they are doing admissions differently than last year...but since a lot of people are still hearing back from other schools (some schools even get back to you in June), does that mean if people give up their spots that late in the game itll go to reserve pool, meaning a rejection letter can actually come as late as July?

Lastly, pentakosia you are class of 2014 right? How saturated is your class? are their 100 people??

Again thanks for all the info.

OK. Ill start off with saying this. IF you are giving up your seat, please contact Touro ( THis applies to people going to other schools), to be fair to fellow students. My class is 90 ppl. Yes, thats exactly what it means...so thats why I stated the first sentence above. The rejection letters can come later, but they go through the reserve pool....dont kid yourself you still have a chance.
Cant comment on spots.
I did give the tours with Yogesh, so we hopefully I hope I answered all questions. I do this to help.

OK. Ill start off with saying this. IF you are giving up your seat, please contact Touro ( THis applies to people going to other schools), to be fair to fellow students. My class is 90 ppl. Yes, thats exactly what it means...so thats why I stated the first sentence above. The rejection letters can come later, but they go through the reserve pool....dont kid yourself you still have a chance.
Cant comment on spots.
I did give the tours with Yogesh, so we hopefully I hope I answered all questions. I do this to help.

Gracias as usual :xf:

Hey I was just wondering if anyone who has already been interviewed knows whether or not the interviewers ask you any questions concerning what is current in the news about pharmacy, or just general questions about the medicare plan, or questions just conerning current news topics on healthcare.... I have an interview very near by,so I just wondering

Hey I was just wondering if anyone who has already been interviewed knows whether or not the interviewers ask you any questions concerning what is current in the news about pharmacy, or just general questions about the medicare plan, or questions just conerning current news topics on healthcare.... I have an interview very near by,so I just wondering

You should know about health Care reform, and immunizations with pharmacists.Secondly if we do not get enough interns/pharmacists registered for immunizations in NY we will lose teh right. They teach you a lot about advocacy in Touro as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys... for those on hold or waitlist.. dont give up.. me and two of my friends are giving up our seats this week.
Good luck :)

@ anyone who might know the answer or able to offer advice:

I haven't gotten an interview invite from Touro yet, and since it's so late in the game, I figured I won't be getting one since the school is on spring break until the end of April and starting the last interviews in May. However, I got an email from the dean of admissions saying that they will continue offering interviews, but didn't really give me a cut off date. Should I just give up on getting an interview? I have an offer from Regis University and another interview, but I really wanted to go to Touro because of its location in NYC and program. I just feel like I'm getting mixed answers because on the phone, the dean had said they needed to get invites out by last week, but her email says different.

I guess I'm just at a loss. Regis is expecting a decision reply by the 29th, so I'm trying to settle everything, in other words, my friend is looking at apartments in NYC and telling me that it'll work out. O_O

dont be too hard on yourself...I was going by the timeline and thought everything would be done by march and i was planning on giving up...next thing I have an interview May 12. I even turned my pharmcas application in oct and supp in dec. I don't know every application process is different. It may have made a difference since im from west coast who knows, but good luck

Hi guys... for those on hold or waitlist.. dont give up.. me and two of my friends are giving up our seats this week.
Good luck :)

OK...two things.
PLease let Hilda Nuamah know ASAP if you are giving up your spot. We all understand If touro was not ur first choice, but please let her know ASAP so we can get the class finalized to do financial aid stuff. THanks.
Secondly care to share which school you chose instead...udont have to.

OK...two things.
PLease let Hilda Nuamah know ASAP if you are giving up your spot. We all understand If touro was not ur first choice, but please let her know ASAP so we can get the class finalized to do financial aid stuff. THanks.

Of course.. right now Western
But i am on waitlist for USC
USC is my number one choice
And my two friends chose UOP

I would have loved to go to new york because the location is great and the city offers alot to do but USC was def higher on my list and the chance of even getting in is worth me being close by even until the end... and I would not have to go through the trouble of moving.

Hello everyone,

This is a short notice,but i have an interview on Thursday at Touro school of Pharmacy in NY.I really need some tips on what kind of questions to expect.

Thank you:)

Check the interview feedback and Touro thread in the school specific section.

Search for old interview threads.

Don't know if those who already attend touro can answer this. But during the interview, I saw the interviewer writing down numbers of 1 and 2 and then circling them right after I answered a question. Any ideas as to what this signifies????

OK...two things.

Can't wait on Touro for much longer to just let me know what my status is:(...moving on with my second option. Mid-May is time enough to let people know whether they are in or out!

Hello everyone,

This is a short notice,but i have an interview on Thursday at Touro school of Pharmacy in NY.I really need some tips on what kind of questions to expect.

Thank you:)

I will be seeing you tomorrow! =) If you look back on the thread there are some hints...from what i recall, the usual why pharmacy? why touro? ethical questions, tell me about yourself...I suggest just be yourself

oh and its a 2 interviewer and you

good luck

Hey! Anyone who interviewed in May get information through e-mail of whether their accepted yet or not???

Hey! Anyone who interviewed in May get information through e-mail of whether their accepted yet or not???

You won't get any info until the end of the cycle. Unless they shortened the interviews, last day of interview is May15, so May 16 is when you should get emails on decisions.

You won't get any info until the end of the cycle. Unless they shortened the interviews, last day of interview is May15, so May 16 is when you should get emails on decisions.

Last interviews are May 15th?! I was told that last interviews were May 12th and that we should get results today or May 16 at the latest.

Last interviews are May 15th?! I was told that last interviews were May 12th and that we should get results today or May 16 at the latest.

Then you should get it today then. I was from the March cycle and they were saying til May 15th, but you have the latest info, so today it is.

Do you know if they said they filled the class size to full? Is it 100 students?

When I went for my interview in May, they said that there are still a few more seats but not many more left. They said that their trying to get the dean to push it to an additional 3 or 5 more seats because the applicants this year were so good. And yes, I believe it's a 100 students. Plus, from looking at the forum, I've seen that about 3-5 accepted students have given up their seats. So with these given spaces plus the few they have left plus with them trying to push for extra spaces, I would chances may be good. But you never know.

When I went for my interview in May, they said that there are still a few more seats but not many more left. They said that their trying to get the dean to push it to an additional 3 or 5 more seats because the applicants this year were so good. And yes, I believe it's a 100 students. Plus, from looking at the forum, I've seen that about 3-5 accepted students have given up their seats. So with these given spaces plus the few they have left plus with them trying to push for extra spaces, I would chances may be good. But you never know.

haha everyone is waiting. Yea i had the interview on the 10th and they said friday or monday. Im guessing we are going to tortured us over the weekend and give us the answers of acceptance on Monday. I believe we all got it. I have faith on the rest of us. Good luck and dont stress as much. We got this

haha everyone is waiting. Yea i had the interview on the 10th and they said friday or monday. Im guessing we are going to tortured us over the weekend and give us the answers of acceptance on Monday. I believe we all got it. I have faith on the rest of us. Good luck and dont stress as much. We got this

Good Luck to all of you. Yes, Interviews are over. Its going to be till next week for answers. Everyone on the wait list still has a chance provided they didnt go anywhere else already.

Check your email for May interviewees. I just got the email and I have been accepted. Thanks everyone for the support and time to write all the useful information. I am glad to be part of Touro College of pharmacy. Best wishes to all

I got in Waiting list :(((( I hate waiting :(((. Is there any chance for me to get in?

so so sad, I got waitlisted too :(

:( Sorry to hear that :( Do you know if there is a priority system for waiting list or anyway to estimate the chance of getting admitted?

JUST GOT IN!!!:):):):):love::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:p THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ON THIS PAGE AND FOR WHOEVER IS WAIT LISTED U WILL BE FINE I PERSONALLY KNOW 1 PERSON WITHDRAWING SO U WILL BE FINE!!! :)

no I dont think there's a system, I think they are pretty random........

Last edited:
dont give up hope whoever that got waitlisted. keep your heads up. Sorry Tina, i thought u were going to get in. i think u were part of my group session. ill keep hoping for u

They decided to change my status from reserve pool to wait list :(

oh thought those were the same? what's the difference??

since now the interview cycle is closed, there no more reserve pool. i think that the reserve pool is when u r actually not waitlisted and ur applicant gets look at in each month of interview. Since theres no more interview cycle, then u r in the waitlist and your only chance is if someone declines ur seat. Im pretty sure alot of people r going to decline so hold on tight.