Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm a student at Touro. To shed light on your question, Touro WILL be accredited next year for sure. The structure of Touro is designed to help you get as much experience as possible before graduating that's why it's a 2 + 2 program. We're geared more towards public health and if anyone of you know, that's the future role of Pharmacists not retail and Touro will get you started with that.. A lot of the rotations you do are not even in pharmacies. You get to experience research facilities like the Ralph Lauren Center and Columbia School of Public Health. You work with insurance companies and a bunch of hospitals in NY..

For those of you that already have interviews, make sure you know a lot about health care systems, public health, health disparities and so forth.. Pharmacy experience doesn't mean too much to them. The key is COMMUNITY SERVICE... I have classmates who have never seen the inside of a pharmacy but volunteered their asses off.

They do a couple of interview sessions every month and accept some people at the end of the month.. If you're not accepted, don't worry they review every single application at the end of every month and compare you to the people who interviewed in that month. So you may interview in October but may not get in till March.. Just keep sending them emails not PHONE CALLS.. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THEM TO ANSWER A PHONE CALL. They're a bit slow but they will get back to you..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a student at Touro. To shed light on your question, Touro WILL be accredited next year for sure. The structure of Touro is designed to help you get as much experience as possible before graduating that's why it's a 2 + 2 program. We're geared more towards public health and if anyone of you know, that's the future role of Pharmacists not retail and Touro will get you started with that.. A lot of the rotations you do are not even in pharmacies. You get to experience research facilities like the Ralph Lauren Center and Columbia School of Public Health. You work with insurance companies and a bunch of hospitals in NY..

For those of you that already have interviews, make sure you know a lot about health care systems, public health, health disparities and so forth.. Pharmacy experience doesn't mean too much to them. The key is COMMUNITY SERVICE... I have classmates who have never seen the inside of a pharmacy but volunteered their asses off.

They do a couple of interview sessions every month and accept some people at the end of the month.. If you're not accepted, don't worry they review every single application at the end of every month and compare you to the people who interviewed in that month. So you may interview in October but may not get in till March.. Just keep sending them emails not PHONE CALLS.. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THEM TO ANSWER A PHONE CALL. They're a bit slow but they will get back to you..

Thanks for your input and sharing your feedback. I have a strong feeling that it will be accredited fully in 2012 once the first class graduates.
My interview is scheduled on this thursday (10/27). I am excited but very nervous. What exactly do they want to know about our knowledge in terms of public health, health disparities?

When they give you an interview it means they really want you so it's your job to let them know that you have an idea of what's going on in the healthcare system. Like I said earlier know how to define questions like "what is public health", What is your opinion on health disparities and so on. There's no right or wrong answer as long as you find a way to make sense. Don't be nervous the interview is really smooth sailing..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @Percible for the great information and good luck @RX2020

Do you guys know if the interview is closed or open file?
And has anyone gotten an interview after oct 27? I'm still waiting for my invite :/

Do you guys know if the interview is closed or open file?
And has anyone gotten an interview after oct 27? I'm still waiting for my invite :/

the interview was closed file

I have been interviewed at Touro NY for class 2016. Overall, very impressive facility and faculty. It was closed file and some of the questions were tough but overall I think it went well. we find out at the end of the month of our decision
Anyone else had an interview and what they felt about it...please share

Anyone else got an interview or got accepted

Looks like they haven't changed to format too much since I interviewed. You guys that are going through interviews should look at the previous interview posts to get a heads up of what is going on through the interviews. They will help you a lot through the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
my prereqs have finally been updated on pharmcas, hopefully I get an interview next week ! :xf:

How long have you been waiting after your status of supplemental and fee had confirmed on PharmCAS?

I'm still waiting~~~ >.<

Thank God~~~

I received an email from Hilda this morning and I'm so excited. :D Nov 22nd. 12 noon. Who else?

See you there dkphx. Where are you coming from?

I'll be coming from Arizona! What about you? Do you know of any hotels nearby? I might have to fly in the night before...

I'll be coming from Arizona! What about you? Do you know of any hotels nearby? I might have to fly in the night before...

I'm from Los Angeles. I've booked an overnight flight on Sunday and will be there on Monday morning. I will be staying overnight at a friend's apartment. I will spend a few days exploring around NYC. Then, I will be home for Thanksgiving dinner. :p

If you're looking for a place to stay, I know who is doing this kind of business in Flushing. About 60 per night, with meals couple years ago. (Idk the price now. I'm sure the price will go up!!)

I'm kind of hoping to stay in a safer, nicer place though because i'm a girl. i know it's gonna be pricey :/ haha that sounds like fun! ya i spent a week in NY around that same area, it was lot of fun and adventure!

I'm kind of hoping to stay in a safer, nicer place though because i'm a girl. i know it's gonna be pricey :/ haha that sounds like fun! ya i spent a week in NY around that same area, it was lot of fun and adventure!

:thumbup: adventure adventure~~~

Seems like I'm the only one on here who still hasn't received an invite, should I email them to ask for my status ?

Seems like I'm the only one on here who still hasn't received an invite, should I email them to ask for my status ?

I din't get my invite too. Did they update ur supp on PharmCAS yet?

I had mine status updated on 11/1 and then I received an interview invitation the day after. Just my Human Anatomy and Physiology are in-pending.

Ayuka, if I was you, I would give them a call or email them to keep myself updates. Good luck~~~

Never give up and lose hope~~~

I had mine status updated on 11/1 and then I received an interview invitation the day after. Just my Human Anatomy and Physiology are in-pending.

Ayuka, if I was you, I would give them a call or email them to keep myself updates. Good luck~~~

Never give up and lose hope~~~

Thanks marscole! I will email them on monday ~
I'm wondering what's wrong since I was interviewed at Touro CA so I would think I'd get an interview here as well since they are same school :confused:

Thanks marscole! I will email them on monday ~
I'm wondering what's wrong since I was interviewed at Touro CA so I would think I'd get an interview here as well since they are same school :confused:

Probably because they have different committee members.

I hope you hear back soon . Good luck.,

yeh they updated it like last week already. and yours?

and have u heard from shenandoah yet?

Nope, I'm still waiting :( On 10/19 they sent me an email said that they received my supp and will update my status soon

Shenandoah I think they still waiting for my PCAT from PharmCAS

Anybody else got accepted or received an interview??

i'll be able to stay at my friends condo very close to the school the night before interview :D

is it true that there were only about 7 people there at the interview??

For those who had interview, can you please share us your experience? Thank you!!

7 interviewees on 22nd noon?

For those who had interview, can you please share us your experience? Thank you!!

Interview was straight forward. you walk in - meet the dean and introduce yourself
Hilda and two other staff member go over the agenda of the day
Then you are given a group activity to do and type your responses (about 45 minutes)
Come back to the same room and then taken away for a tour. Once the tour is over, they assign you in different rooms with interviewers
They dont have any of your information so introduce yourself
They have a paper with questions on what they will ask you for the next half an hour (make sure to have questions for them as well)
come back to the conference room and time for lunch and meet other faculty
then you have to sit for two more presentations which is very quick and tells you more about the school
After that Hilda with other member may walk in and ask of any questions you may have. If not, they will say goodbye and you are done for the day

Let me know if any help is needed!! GOODLUCK all!!!!

hey marscole do u remember when was the date u received the email that touro received your pharmcas + app?

hey marscole do u remember when was the date u received the email that touro received your pharmcas + app?

10/19 confirmation of both pharmcas and supplement by Hilda.

Interview was straight forward. you walk in - meet the dean and introduce yourself
Then you are given a group activity to do and type your responses (about 45 minutes)
Come back to the same room and then taken away for a tour. Once the tour is over, they assign you in different rooms with interviewers
They have a paper with questions on what they will ask you for the next half an hour (make sure to have questions for them as well)
then you have to sit for two more presentations which is very quick and tells you more about the school
After that Hilda with other member may walk in and ask of any questions you may have. If not, they will say goodbye and you are done for the day

Lunch? Hmmm. Was your appointment at 10am?

Thanks for your input RX2020.

What do you mean by group activity? can you please share details and what questions were you asked. Thanks a lot

What do you mean by group activity? can you please share details and what questions were you asked. Thanks a lot

You are given a scenario. You discuss that with other people in the room and then write a response!! I believe they vary from group to group ---