Thomas Jefferson University - Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha shutup im going again tommorrow! :hardy: jealous? haha
wow.. fiji.. im SO jealous.. SO SO jealous.
and don't worry i watch hannah montana almost everyday on the disney channel..
and book.. has to be lovely bones.. i forgot who its by:confused:
ok next question.. what's your guiltiest pleasure? mine has to be cheese:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Music: R&B/hip-hop, Top 40, some modern rock... I secretly listen to Miley Cyrus, yeah yeah...

Drink: Cherry coke by day, grey goose by night.

Hobby: Travel travel travel travel travel. I travel so much, I never really put away my suitcase. Too bad I'm broke right now =(

haha is that why your name thing is confettiflyer? because you like to party (confetti) and you like to travel (fly).. oooo im good

haha is that why your name thing is confettiflyer? because you like to party (confetti) and you like to travel (fly).. oooo im good

haha not quite... i needed to pick an ambiguous screenname that made no sense, i originally went on here to post a few times. but sure...i guess that explanation works!

Members don't see this ad :)
So the Hawai'i thread got me thinking...I wonder how competitive the admissions process for Class of 2013 will be. UH Hilo went from 150 applicants to 1000+ in going from inaugural class to 2nd graduating class....I wonder if that will be the case next year.

Favorite Colors - Baby Blue and Yello

Favorite Drink - Water

Favorite Alcoholic Drink - Grey Goose Shots w/cran chaser

Favorite Hobby - Karaoke

New Question, Favorite Food?

I love Japanese Food and Italian Food.

So the Hawai'i thread got me thinking...I wonder how competitive the admissions process for Class of 2013 will be. UH Hilo went from 150 applicants to 1000+ in going from inaugural class to 2nd graduating class....I wonder if that will be the case next year.

geez are you serious? that's nuts...

Favorite Music: Rock, punk rock, anything acoustic guitar, a little rap and hip hop...open to most things though...oh, but NOT country!

Favorite Drink: Beer

Hobbies: Basketball, golf, going to the gym, guitar, piano, beach, snowboarding...hoping to learn to get better at surfing this summer in san diego (which of course is German for a whales vagina) haha

I don't think we should worry too much about future classes. I think we should focus on us, making history, as the first class at TJU!

hey all!
i just found out that i got accepted earlier today. i received an e-mail from ms. astle... which was pretty surprising because i just interviewed with them on wednesday, the 27th. but anyways, im looking for a roommate if anyone's interested. :)
info about me:
im a vietnamese female, 22 years old, outgoing and friendly, pretty clean and organized (most of the time)... um, PM me if u're interested or maybe we can talk on facebook or w/e

hey all!
i just found out that i got accepted earlier today. i received an e-mail from ms. astle... which was pretty surprising because i just interviewed with them on wednesday, the 27th. but anyways, im looking for a roommate if anyone's interested. :)
info about me:
im a vietnamese female, 22 years old, outgoing and friendly, pretty clean and organized (most of the time)... um, PM me if u're interested or maybe we can talk on facebook or w/e

Congrats on getting accepted!

What are you all planning to do for insurance coverage? Since most of us don't qualify under our parents anymore (usually a cap to age 23), I looked into the school's coverage via Chickering and found out that it was about $250 a month! Freakin' expensive...

I got a quote through IBX and found an HMO with comparable coverage for $115/mo. Any other places I should look?

Thanks, Oaktownhomeboy.

But anyway, is anyone here thinking of bringing your car to Philly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, Oaktownhomeboy.

No Prob Ladifantasy. :)

I wanted to bring my car out with me... but when I asked about the idea of bringing it with me during my interview, they recommended that I didn't... since everything is either within walking or metro distance... and plus parking is a pain...

Not at all, I'm planning to sell my car and sign up for Zip Car. Everything was within walking distance and public transportation seems sufficient. Having lived in San Francisco, the two cities were similar in size/character, so the parking situation is probably just as bad. Plus, all the books and posts on city-data advise against it.

Hey Ladi!!! i'm vietnamese too =p and nahhhhh... you def don't need a car unless you plan on driving to somewhere far often. The public transportation isn't too bad... its not like NY but is good enough... like confetti said, most things are walking distance. The thing about the car is that parking will be a pain - its virtually just street parking.. i think???

soo... is everyone living at barringer it looks like? i might feel left out :( maybe i'll join the barringer bandwagon...

soo... is everyone living at barringer it looks like? i might feel left out :( maybe i'll join the barringer bandwagon...

Barringer! :) I'm hoping i get in there. I'm gonna try to get the studio first... if not, i'll opt for the 1 br apt.

Hey
I'm trying to decide if I want a studio or share an apartment. It's kind of expensive to get a studio or 1BR. I'm afraid of who I would get matched with since Jefferson avoids matching you with someone in your program.

Hey
I'm trying to decide if I want a studio or share an apartment. It's kind of expensive to get a studio or 1BR. I'm afraid of who I would get matched with since Jefferson avoids matching you with someone in your program.

After years of dealing with bad roommates... I decided... I'm just gonna bite the bullet and live by myself.

Okay, thanks guys. I guess I'm not going to bring my car then.
A one bedroom apt is expensive. I think I might have to do the 3 bedroom, 3-4 occupants option.

I don't think one bedrooms are too expensive (the ones I've been finding)...I'm actually looking at two bedroom options. Just from experience....bedroom + studying doesn't mix, I kinda want to have a separate study room/office.

any swimmers?

i'm excited to use the swimming facilities..the pool looked pretty big. hopefully they don't over-chlorinate it like they do at 24hr fitness....

yeahhhh... i finalllyyy can join this group!!!!!! its night i wish it was the day so i cud scream really loud...!!!!!!!!!!!!

wats the best way to tell all those jakasses that never thought i woud ever get in any professional school know that i got in to pharmacy school? any ideas ? how did u guys do it??.....heheheheh i am more concerned abt that now than anytng else ;)

lol, congrats!!! you finally did it!

you could be like.... hey, i'm gonna be a pharmacist... so, what are you doing with your life?

hmmm....yeh i need something more spicy than that....i wanna make them get burned...really burn ( just jealousy..no other type of burning...lol)...thanx though

i am soo relaxed now..gona go drop that crazy hard class tomorrow....:)

lol, yeah i have an A&P II exam tomorrow morning.... sooooooo incredibly lazy to study for it now... i can get a B easily... but i feel bad since the prof knows me well hmm...

almost 1am... time to start cramming?

Looks like our class is growing larger and larger by the day. Gluck with everyone still taking classes this semester/quarter

yeahhhh... i finalllyyy can join this group!!!!!! its night i wish it was the day so i cud scream really loud...!!!!!!!!!!!!

wats the best way to tell all those jakasses that never thought i woud ever get in any professional school know that i got in to pharmacy school? any ideas ? how did u guys do it??.....heheheheh i am more concerned abt that now than anytng else ;)

Just add Jefferson to your facebook profile for the grad program...simple simple.

And change your SDN title to "Pharmacy Student"

Just add Jefferson to your facebook profile for the grad program...simple simple.

And change your SDN title to "Pharmacy Student"

Congrats to everyone who has being accepted!!!

is it okay to drop the classes that i dont need for prereqs? wud it look bad.. will it affect my acceptance??..will my future chances at loan/sholarships be affected??

highly doubt it will affect your acceptance

if it is required for your bachelors or something then you may want to contact the school

Got a letter from Jeff's financial aid... for a workshop on April 5th. Who's going? I know you guys in cali probably won't be able to come... but anyone nearby? i'd like to meet you SDNers. Here's the info:

April 5th - Financial Aid Workshop
College Building - Herbut Auditorium
1025 Walnut Street

Begins 11am - 1:30pm; brunch will be served.

Got a letter from Jeff's financial aid... for a workshop on April 5th. Who's going? I know you guys in cali probably won't be able to come... but anyone nearby? i'd like to meet you SDNers. Here's the info:

April 5th - Financial Aid Workshop
College Building - Herbut Auditorium
1025 Walnut Street

Begins 11am - 1:30pm; brunch will be served.

It all depends on when I move out there by. If I can get all my ducks in a row, I might be able to make it.

i wonder if TJU is going to send a packet or something w/ all this info to the people that could not attend + have paid the deposit. i guess that's what orientation is for?

I sent my deposit last Monday, and they have not cashed it yet. Should I call or does Jefferson take a while to cash the check?

I sent my deposit last Monday, and they have not cashed it yet. Should I call or does Jefferson take a while to cash the check?

I sent a cashier's check on February 20, I just got a letter yesterday acknowledging the receipt of it.

It all depends on when I move out there by. If I can get all my ducks in a row, I might be able to make it.

Wow! You're moving out there early. A whole 5 months before school starts? I'm looking at an August move date. :D

Those of you from California or other states, how do you guys plan on moving? As in..will you be shipping most of your furniture/belongings or hope everything fits on your flight? I'm having trouble with this because I've never moved anywhere than an hour away from home (for college and what not). Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Wow! You're moving out there early. A whole 5 months before school starts? I'm looking at an August move date. :D

Those of you from California or other states, how do you guys plan on moving? As in..will you be shipping most of your furniture/belongings or hope everything fits on your flight? I'm having trouble with this because I've never moved anywhere than an hour away from home (for college and what not). Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I think you read my post wrong... hehe I don't plan on moving out there until August. I'm going to try to bring some stuff... but for the most part, I'm gonna be buying most of my furniture. You can try craigslist to see if anyone is selling furniture for cheap. I'm gonna try to get my stuff from Ikea out there.

I think you read my post wrong... hehe I don't plan on moving out there until August. I'm going to try to bring some stuff... but for the most part, I'm gonna be buying most of my furniture. You can try craigslist to see if anyone is selling furniture for cheap. I'm gonna try to get my stuff from Ikea out there.

Oopsie! :oops: Sorry, I saw the previous poster mention April 5th and thought you were trying to move by April. Ditching the old furniture is a good idea. Thank goodness for Ikea. :thumbup:

Yup, I'm planning to sell all of my things and just bring clothes/computer/a few other things. When my parents come for the white coat ceremony, I'll probably have them bring even more stuff.

So no one has looked into health insurance options yet?

anyone know for sure how much the tuition is? and how do u guys plan to pay for it..i know i will take loans, but are they easily received or no? i only took one loan for undergraduate and it was only 3k....will i be able to get the 20-25k( or more) required by pharmacy school?

and same question as before..... if i drop my class will my financial aid be affected? its calulus III i dont need it for anything at all...i called the school and they said they are not sure ...i will be moving from one state to the other soo....anyone have any idea???( sorry for all these stupid qs:( i have no one but u ppl to help me out...)

I think we can get up to 20K in Stafford Loans since we're grad students. I guess I'll just borrow the rest from a bank.

Anyone know if there are internships for us (students matriculating)? I work for CVS and no one is giving me a clear answer to if I can be considered an intern for the summer.

Hello... I interviewed Feb 29th and I got my acceptance yesterday!

In response to above posts I saw 26,000$ on one part of the website... a pdf link to a brochure or something

And i'm definately down to play bball... I play pick u every sat and im gonna need to find a new crew once school starts!

22yr

I also heard that if you have a degree you aren't eligible for grants from FAFSA, only loans... is that true? I have no idea how i'm going to pay for this yet...jeff is like 8 grand more than temple but im gonna make it work somehow!

I fully expect to be $100k+ in debt by the time I graduate. From my understanding, you are guaranteed up to $189k in student loans for health professional schools (med, pharm, dental, opto, etc...)

I think we can get up to 20K in Stafford Loans since we're grad students. I guess I'll just borrow the rest from a bank.

Anyone know if there are internships for us (students matriculating)? I work for CVS and no one is giving me a clear answer to if I can be considered an intern for the summer.

From my understanding, once you're accepted as a pharmacy student, you can apply for your pharmacy intern license. It's the same process as applying for your tech license. You have to fill out an application, have the school sign off that you're a student, etc. I'm hoping to get my intern license so that I can go back to work for xmas break.

I got kicked off my parents health insurance in May when i graduated. I have United Healthcare. Its ok... not great for scripts and stuff but Im young I dont go to the doc alot etc etc... it costs 107$ a month. that was one of the cheapest I found. It doesnt include dental and eye though

speaking of work...is anybody planning on working during school?

i hope to work a day a week (for a couple of hours) if i can find a job in a pharmacy or something conveniently close to my place