Thomas Jefferson University - Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figure I'd start a thread here for all the students that have been accepted and are planning to accept/already accepted the offer.

Hello hello...once the class is formed, any Californians want to meet up the summer before? I say we have a BBQ or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I'm from NY, but livin in san diego this summer with some friends. I might be down to meet up before we all start this long journey together.

good idea for sure!

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted people...post where you are from!
i'd like to know where everyone is from

as for me..i'm from orange county, california

Yea i'm from Orange County too...oh, the one in New York haha. Its the more lame of the orange county's and I lie to people saying i'm from cali if they ask.

haha that was funny :p yah im from orange county.. the one in california :D

hahaha.... yeah, there's an OC Florida also.

I'm also from Orange County. haha...this is funny, looks like the BBQ will be at Corona del Mar.

Wsup Everyone,

I'm from NORCAL. San Francisco Bay Area.

So yeah... I called the office today. I guess there's a discrepancy between the email/website with the acceptance packet. The packet says "TWO WEEKS" whereas the website says "ONE MONTH" to respond. My mail is sent elsewhere so when I opened the packet, it said "DUE FEB. 19" which was yesterday.

Anyway yeah...it just so happens that Dr. Umland called me and left a message with my phone to check-in. Ended up reaching Mr. Doll (he remembered me, haha) and told him I was accepting and my concern about the deadline, but he said it would be fine.

So yeah...sent that off today, and I'm $500 poorer!

Woo hoo! I just got in this morning.

I'm from Easton, Pa...only an hour north of Philly. It seems like there are people coming from all over.

Hi everyone! I'm from NJ... hahha just an hour from philly.

Originally from Torrance, Cali though!

Oh yes, for those that are worried about housing, DONT, first years are guaranteed housing... although if you want apartments that are more in demand, the earlier the better, but they don't start putting people into housing around end of April / May-ish.

I'm from Asheville, NC, but currently living in Arlington, VA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'm from NJ... hahha just an hour from philly.

Originally from Torrance, Cali though!

Oh yes, for those that are worried about housing, DONT, first years are guaranteed housing... although if you want apartments that are more in demand, the earlier the better, but they don't start putting people into housing around end of April / May-ish.

I think I'm getting my own loft. Housing is so cheap out there compared to here! For $1800 I've seen 3 bedroom lofts with upgrade amenities. Geez...so so cheap. I want to live near Reading terminal for the food.

i just received a confirmation letter from the housing office...and yes! we definitely will be guarenteed housing .

"Typically, we will begin distributing housing assignments to incoming students in late May and continue throughout the summer months. Many students will hear from us in June and early July"

so does anyone know of any fun things to do around town? besides the plethora of bars/clubs?

i just received a confirmation letter from the housing office...and yes! we definitely will be guarenteed housing .

"Typically, we will begin distributing housing assignments to incoming students in late May and continue throughout the summer months. Many students will hear from us in June and early July"

so does anyone know of any fun things to do around town? besides the plethora of bars/clubs?

NY, AC, DC, etc etc.. i wish they had a beach nearby or something.. OH theres a nice mall haha

Everyone from philly goes to either AC (nearby is Brigantine, ventnor, margate) beaches or Ocean City. AC and Ocean city has a nice long boardwalk, very family oriented.

Okay sounds like we're having a beach BBQ in July in California...and I say we all head to AC the weekend before classes start (labor day). Good deal?

Okay sounds like we're having a beach BBQ in July in California...and I say we all head to AC the weekend before classes start (labor day). Good deal?

yayy im excited! AC is gonna be SO much fun!

Just out of curiosity, are any of you guys married, and what is the age range of our class? I will be married in June, and I'll start classes when I'm 26. I didn't know if I was going to be the Old Lady of the group. :)

I could go for some Boardwalk Fries and slot machines.

I'm 21 and single :(

Hi.. guys I will turn 28 this summer (the oldest..geez.. at least in the thread hehe..) Did you guys know the tuition fee? I haven't received the packet in the mail yet and can't find the info on the web. I am curious and want to see whether I should cut on my expense now. :)

I will also be turning 26 when we start in the fall.

im also only 21.. and turning 22 in august between orientation n classes.. happy burday to me haha :hardy:

I'm 22, gonna be 23 in march. BBQ and AC sound like awesome ideas. I'm def in.

Woo hoo! I just got in this morning.

I'm from Easton, Pa...only an hour north of Philly. It seems like there are people coming from all over.

Hey Gabapentin,
Will you be commuting?

Did anyone attend the reception on Saturday?

yehh.. if you guys don't mind, please list off the main topics that were covered and any information that you think will be useful for those of us that could not attend it. thanks :)

Ok, let me give you some statistics first:
1. there are 50 accepted students
2. 21 males/29 females
3. approx. 40 of us have a degree
We also were given a proposed class schedule, but it can be changed a little. I think it is rather flexible. We can also start earning our hours as soon as the first day of classes begin. Don't forget to do your criminal background check and all other requirements before the due date.
We had a chance to look at apartments again, and we had a tour to the gym, equipped with sauna..:) I was amazed!
oh yeah, for those who are interested in taking some dance classes.. Jefferson offers many of them. I think I will join some hip hop classes..:) or maybe Salsa class..haha
anyways, we can also form a basketball team. Does anyone like to play basketball? I used to play it back in school and I liked it very much.
We also met nursing, ot, pt students. I had a wonderful time. If somebody have any specific questions let me know, cuz I can't think of anything else at the moment.

thank u so much u are awesome! :D
about the class schedule.. does it tell you what time we'll be starting our days and things like that? i was really curious as to what times what classes will be at?

Hey Gabapentin,
Will you be commuting?

No I signed up for on-campus housing. I don't feel like fighting the rush hour everyday.

About my previous post...I know I put single and realized that it prolly makes me sound desperate...I'm not THAT desperate...lol

Yea Monday we have 4-5 hours of class starting at 9 and going til 3 or 4. Tuesday we just have biochem 1-3. Wednesday we have 3-4 hours of class starting at 10 and ending at 2 or 3. Thursday we have 5 hours of class starting at 10 and going til 4 and friday we have class 9-12. And we always get 12-1 off for lunch. And in addition we have an introductory pharmacy experience once a week but thats still to be determined. Its a pretty good schedule though...no 8 o clock classes and we're always done by at least 4.

Yea Monday we have 4-5 hours of class starting at 9 and going til 3 or 4. Tuesday we just have biochem 1-3. Wednesday we have 3-4 hours of class starting at 10 and ending at 2 or 3. Thursday we have 5 hours of class starting at 10 and going til 4 and friday we have class 9-12. And we always get 12-1 off for lunch. And in addition we have an introductory pharmacy experience once a week but thats still to be determined. Its a pretty good schedule though...no 8 o clock classes and we're always done by at least 4.

That schedule doesn't sound that bad at all. Where did you get this information from?

Yea it was part of a packet we got during the reception.

wow. that schedule is better than undergrad

yeah i know! this is great, i never took an 8am class during my undergraduate career, it looks like this will be the same through the rest of pharmacy school, except possibly rotations.

omg i love it!! thank you SO SO much! i should call them and request a schedule for myself too.. yayy!!

Has anyone turned in their housing packet yet? I'm just wondering which unit you guys want and when you plan on moving in?

- Thanks

No I signed up for on-campus housing. I don't feel like fighting the rush hour everyday.
Hey .. Gabapentin, where did you sign up for housing? You received the admission package in the mail already? Did you sign up on the Jefferson website. I guess I can't sign up now because I haven't receive their package.

i'm bored, so...

what kind of music do my future classmates listen to? list off genres, bands, whatever..

Hm... to answer your questions... I like to listen to anything that has a nice beat or nice lyrics to it. At the moment, I'm really into the Asian Pop Music Scene.

My turn, favorite drink?

music: electro, trip hop, progressive trance, IDM, house, indie rock, punk rock, classic rock, opera, acid jazz, ambient . . . so much good stuff. (everything except rap, hip hop, and R&B)

favorite drink = water! (i'm not kidding..i can't stay 30 minutes without drinking water)

alcohol
mixed = long island, mojito
hard = scotch, whiskey, jager

haha this looks like fun... ok so...
music: everything nerv doesnt listen to.. hip hop, r&b, pop, reggaeton, iNDiAn mUsIC, and soft rock (i think thats what its called)
drink: coke :cool:

ok next question.. what's your fave hobby? mine is singing ;)

Lol i'm joining in!

Music: everything with a nice beat... i'm strange.. i dont listen to words... so any korean, jap, chinese, viet, indian too lol, in english? any old classics pop, R&B, hip hop, rap.

Drink: hmm... i'm a fan of water too.

Hobby: not really a hobby but I can't go without shopping at least once a month? its bad.... real hobby hmm... webdesign.

Next question for the next person: favorite thing to do for fun as in... shop, travel etc.

haha my fave thing to do for fun... is go to vegas!! :p and shop too.. and go to the movies.. and sit at home watching tv and eating icecream :D

next question.. whats your fave color?.. mine are red & black & turquoise

hehe vegas was amazing!!! just gorgeous! i'll have to come back thats for sure. I'm a traveler, so far most amazing places been to: australia, fiji, in may i'll be in NZ!!!

turquoise is so random! fav color: blue & magenta (random too)

Oh good one: Favorite book / author? i'm addicted to all Jeffrey Archer and Ken Follett books. Every must must must pick up Oprah's new book club selection Pillars of the earth. (i'm proud to say I discovered it before Oprah!!!)

Music: R&B/hip-hop, Top 40, some modern rock... I secretly listen to Miley Cyrus, yeah yeah...

Drink: Cherry coke by day, grey goose by night.

Hobby: Travel travel travel travel travel. I travel so much, I never really put away my suitcase. Too bad I'm broke right now =(

fav color: red. it's beautiful

haha my fave thing to do for fun... is go to vegas!! :p
oh shut up going to vegas twice ever doesn't count :banana:

next: what's your top 3 (or top 5 if you're bold) favorite movies EVER

me: train spotting, requiem for a dream, fight club, garden state, juno (not in any particular order)