The Republic of Texas XXV: "Or View:" , or not to view

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it always has said school matched. for everyone i'm pretty sure.

Members don't see this ad.

The glitch held true for everyone who saw it last year (including me).

Thats what Im expecting. Im pretty sure I didn't match higher than my pre-match. Oh well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just over twelve hours left! Anyone wanna take bets that the TMDSAS servers will crash exactly at 11:58 PM CST, leaving most of us panicking for a whole two minutes more before they restore functionality? :laugh:

Hey Rishi nice comments

40.)
90ce221583c261c410667e5318b0905c
BCMstud says:
January 5, 2009 at 3:44 pm
Why do we have to share a library with UT Houston kids? We’re in a league of our own.

41.)
02011f6dd14fb7e36ee86a46e0e9a483
Rishi says:
January 5, 2009 at 5:42 pm
Lol, as much as I want to agree with you, I’ll remain indifferent for the sake of humility. Of course, if you hear about a fight breaking out in the medical center between a BCM MS1 and UTH MS1, it wasn’t me.
icon_wink.gif

and the year before as well. somewhat ironic that the most predictable part of this unpredictable process for you guys is the reliability of tmdsas glitches.

new thread allready? things are heating up. good luck kiddos!!

UTH just emailed us saying they'd send us out a roster for next year's entering class, so the schools obviously have the list already.

Who'd they email? Just those that prematched??

Yeah, they only emailed pre-match who accepted. However, I was under the impression that they wouldn't find out until tonight who did match. Either way, there won't be any more information until tonight.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

and the year before as well. somewhat ironic that the most predictable part of this unpredictable process for you guys is the reliability of tmdsas glitches.

new thread allready? things are heating up. good luck kiddos!!

Crap...guess I'm not gonna match to my #1. I had 2 interviews & 1 prematch, but my status said I didn't have multiple acceptances.

You know, I keep thinking how cruel it would be, for those of us who don't match, to have something like "you have FAILED to match" in flashing letters like the messages "You do NOT have multiple prematch offers"

Yeah. I checked their site and my email because there was a rumor that it would be released at 12:59PM but that appears to be unfounded.

I can take the blame for that. Several days ago before they put posted the actual match time that is what I was told -- I'm as pissed as everyone that it isn't true. The operator was probably in a answering service in another country and doesn't even work for TMDSAS.

Sometimes I really think these people just like screwing with us.

I think it is totally lame that they changed to 11:59pm. I didn't read that until 1:05pm when I was looking to see if I matched.

LAME.

I bet they're doing a study on the psychology of applying to medical school; we're all just guinea pigs and just don't know it.

At least I got another interview out of state yesterday, so I don't have to be COMPLETELY depressed if I don't match. :)

You know, I keep thinking how cruel it would be, for those of us who don't match, to have something like "you have FAILED to match" in flashing letters like the messages "You do NOT have multiple prematch offers"

:laugh:

I wouldn't put it past them.

9 months ago we started this journey and in around 9 hours it will end.

For those who continue on to medicine I wish you all the best and look forward to working side by side with you to meet challenges of an ever changing health care system. As you and I embark on this quest do not forget thank those who helped you get to this point. From your parent and friends who never give up on you to your teachers and professors who give you the tools needed to climb to the top of the mountain.

To those who do not find success tonight, I can offer you four words of advice: NEVER EVER GIVE UP! I have been rejected from many schools and accepted by one. I know the agony of rejection and the ecstasy of acceptance. The longest and toughest journeys do not require that we be able to leap over mountains but only that we never stop climbing those mountains. :thumbup:

No matter what happens at 11:59 PM tonight know that simply getting to this point is an achievement only a few reach. I wish all of you the best for the match and if not to be at least waitlisted.

“When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.”:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
well.... that sucks, seems like the glitch is legit. sigh. :(

words cannot describe how i feel. :cry:

Honestly, it will probably feel better when the results are official and you can move forward. Sadly, some people won't get in. Take solace in knowing that re-apps do make it. *hi-fives Armybound*

I want to make a shameless plug: If any of you fine people do not match, I hope you'll consider the UNTHSC medical masters program, and that especially goes for anyone super interested in A&M. Filo, I'm told, swears by the program, and the former director of TCOM admissions is running admissions in Temple.

Just a little something to think about when results are made official. Chin up.

For those who continue on to medicine I wish you all the best and look forward to working side by side with you to meet challenges of an ever changing health care system. As you and I embark on this quest do not forget thank those who helped you get to this point. From your parent and friends who never give up on you to your teachers and professors who give you the tools needed to climb to the top of the mountain.

To those who do not find success tonight, I can offer you four words of advice: NEVER EVER GIVE UP! I have been rejected from many schools and accepted by one. I know the agony of rejection and the ecstasy of acceptance. The longest and toughest journeys do not require that we be able to leap over mountains but only that we never stop climbing those mountains. :thumbup:

No matter what happens at 11:59 PM tonight know that simply getting to this point is an achievement only a few reach. I wish all of you the best for the match and if not to be at least waitlisted.

“When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.”:cool:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
EXCELLENT POST.

there's nothing really more that i can add to the words here, so i'll add a little inspirational background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F3dvnw4gW0

today's not the conclusion of anyone's dream--merely a step--regardless of the outcome. dream on, people!

I couldn't agree more.

I wish everyone the best tonight, especially those of us who did not get a pre-match offer, myself included.

good luck everyone! :luck::luck::luck:

I hope everyone gets what they are hoping for!

I want to make a shameless plug: If any of you fine people do not match, I hope you'll consider the UNTHSC medical masters program, and that especially goes for anyone super interested in A&M. Filo, I'm told, swears by the program, and the former director of TCOM admissions is running admissions in Temple.
I heard that the UNT masters program is $32,000.:eek: Seems like a lot of money to spend to get into medical school.

i'm heading home (fort worth) now to wait for the match... which means i'll be separated from tmdsas.com for the next three hours :eek:!!!

i'm seriously thinking of pulling over every 50 miles to check it...

anyone know where i can find free wifi in Hearne, Calvert, Marlin, Waco, West, Hillsboro, Alvarado, or Burleson??? :laugh:

REPEAT: Those of us that didn't have a prematch offer WOULD NOT have seen anything on the glitch page. Even if we matched we would still only have ONE offer so we wouldn't have multiple offers...which is what people who could see the page had. Don't worry yet. But it does suck that it seems we're the only ones who are really still waiting haha.

I heard that the UNT masters program is $32,000.:eek: Seems like a lot of money to spend to get into medical school.

Try more like $6,000 for the whole year if you're in-state. I actually remember being shocked at how cheap it was. My fancy Norhteastern private undergrad charged me close to $6,000 per credit hour and I'm getting my full Master's degree for $6,000 total. Obviously this doesn't include living expenses, but you'd be paying living expenses no matter where you're going or what you're doing. Plus, I have had 5 Texas interviews and 2 acceptances so far, and I'm convinced it's because of the UNT program.

i'm heading home (fort worth) now to wait for the match... which means i'll be separated from tmdsas.com for the next three hours :eek:!!!

anyone know where i can find free wifi in Hearne, Calvert, Marlin, Waco, West, Hillsboro, Alvarado, or Burleson??? :laugh:
there's free wifi at the Panera in Waco.

Try more like $6,000 for the whole year if you're in-state.
Ok well I don't really know anything about the program. My only source was my mom's friend's daughter, who is having trouble getting in. Is the program only one year long? I also heard that if a person still isn't successful at getting in, the masters becomes useless on the job market. Is that true?

WACO --> There's a hip little coffee shop with free wifi at the south eastern corner of Baylor's campus, right off I-35. Also, going north on I-35 past the campus, there is a starbucks; if I recall correctly there will be a huge sign saying which exit it is.
:D

Ok well I don't really know anything about the program. My only source was my mom's friend's daughter, who is having trouble getting in. Is the program only one year long? I also heard that if a person still isn't successful at getting in, the masters becomes useless on the job market. Is that true?
Yeah, just one year, which is really nice. A masters in medical sciences won't do much for you on the job market, but it's quite easy to switch over from the med sciences to masters in clinical research, which UNT also offers.

Hey pianogirl, where was your other acceptance? Do you know yet where you'll end up?

here's some stuff from the match before last match (jesus it mustve been tough, they had to wait til feb 15th!)

Falco2525 reported the glitch and being matched to texas tech 6 days prior to the match:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4727724&postcount=466

After the match, he reported that he did indeed matched to tech:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4757925&postcount=36

There are a few other people but they didn't post after the match and, therefore, we cannot verify if the glitch held true:

Whoop1012:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4726461&postcount=454

from last year's match is blake627:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6138127&postcount=454

WACO --> There's a hip little coffee shop with free wifi at the south eastern corner of Baylor's campus, right off I-35. Also, going north on I-35 past the campus, there is a starbucks; if I recall correctly there will be a huge sign saying which exit it is.
:D
the little coffee shop is called Common Grounds and I believe it's off of 8th, right at Baylor.

Starbucks is down on the west side of 65 off of the Lake Shore Drive exit. You'll also see Cracker Barrel right by it.

yeah but that still says nothing for people who didn't have a prematch. i'm sorry if i misunderstood you, i thought by saying words couldn't describe how you felt you meant that you thought that you didn't match anywhere.

Yes the program is exactly one year long. It goes from May to the following May. Very few people from the program have been unsuccessful at getting in to medical school. For one thing, TCOM is very proud of their Master's program so they save at least 10% of their class for the Medical Science students. As a MedSci student, you're guaranteed an interview at TCOM and as long as you're not socially inept and you maintain a decent GPA, you have a pretty good chance of an acceptance from TCOM. If, for some reason, a student weren't accepted they could opt to stay for an additional 6 months to get their Master's in Clinical Research Management (apparently a very good field) instead of in Medical Sciences. The few students who have done the Clinical Research Management program in the past and have re-applied the following year, have always been accepted to TCOM. But this isn't just about TCOM. In our class of 70, 5 have prematched to UTHSCSA, 5 to A&M, 2 to Tech, and 1 to El Paso. Plus at least 15 others have interviewed at other Texas schools and are waiting on the Match tonight. Hope this helps for anyone interested.

This is off the current topic, but I thought it might help you guys get your mind off of your current situation for a moment. I would like some input from my fellow Texans.

I'm getting ready to go back to school to take the science pre-reqs that I was lacking from my current degree (BA in communications) and I'm trying to decide on a school to go to. I got my degree from SFA in Nacogdoches, but I don't think I'm going to go back because I want to be close to my parents so that I can help them out (they have a lot of medical issues and I want to be able to help them with doctor's appointments, etc). They live in New Braunfels so I was thinking about either going to Texas State in San Marcos or UT-San Antonio in San Antonio. Does anybody have any oppinions about either one of these schools? I haven't heard a lot about them.

Thanks for your thoughts and help and good luck to everybody!!

I graduated from UTSA in 1999, so my information might be a little out of date, but at that time, UTSA was really a commuter school. The classes were fine, but there wasn't much in the way of student life. What did exist felt like it was high school friends who stuck around San Antonio, not like people making a lot of new friends. Texas State, however, has the whole college thing going on, in a town that in large part is defined by the presence of the University. Also, Texas State is pretty close to Austin, which never hurts. So, if you have a solid group of friends already and are going to school just to take classes and get a degree, UTSA should fit the bill. Otherwise, I'd choose Texas State.

UT-H just sent out emails to those who got accepted.

Like me!

Meee toooo!!!! I ranked them #1!! Woooohoooo!!!!

AtG

I'm soooo ecstatic!!!!

AtG

So I just checked my A&M secondary app page and it use to say under review but now it says "Withdrew via Match on February 1".

I ranked them as #2. Could it possibly mean I got my #1???

:( i was really hoping for UTH. im going to go get drunk and piss the night away.

So I just checked my A&M secondary app page and it use to say under review but now it says "Withdrew via Match on February 1".

I ranked them as #2. Could it possibly mean I got my #1???

If I'm thinking correctly...then yes!

they may not have sent it to EVERYONE who got accepted just yet. Its not over until its over...

it doesnt make sense NOT to send out those emails at once. let's be real.

good ol' jack and jim... you guys will never let me know *drinks

Got an email, the glitch was right I got into UTSA. It's bittersweet, no love from Houston but it's all good :)

Guess the glitch was right. Oh well.

I know this is probably just crazy talking buuut...

Do you think only people who MATCHED into San Antonio got emails? I pre-matched and ranked them number 2 (Houston number 1) and since Houston sent emails to both people who pre-matched and matched and I didn't get one...
I'm getting slightly nervous that something went wrong with my San Antonio pre-match?

Sorry for the ridiculous post :rolleyes:

yeah apparently, I got it just before 5

I know this is probably just crazy talking buuut...

Do you think only people who MATCHED into San Antonio got emails? I pre-matched and ranked them number 2 (Houston number 1) and since Houston sent emails to both people who pre-matched and matched and I didn't get one...
I'm getting slightly nervous that something went wrong with my San Antonio pre-match?

Sorry for the ridiculous post :rolleyes:

I'm in the same situation as you and haven't gotten any emails, so I'm sure UTHSCSA just sent them to people who matched without a prematch.

I'm in the same situation as you and haven't gotten any emails, so I'm sure UTHSCSA just sent them to people who matched without a prematch.

Well then it looks like you, me, and MrBlonde are all headed to San Antonio together next year!!

Don't get down about it. I realize that "rejection" in any form is never really FUN, but we all got into an outstanding medical school. The way I see/saw it, I was either "going to a great medical school" or "going to a great medical school". Win/win! So congrats to us, too :)

And to everyone matching/prematching!

really? uth already sent out emails? this is so sad, guess there's no point in checking tmdsas tonight...