The Republic of Texas XXV: "Or View:" , or not to view

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maggie08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today is here!!!!

cometakeit.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! This was my vote, too. :c)

Members don't see this ad :)
*debating taking sleeping pills to induce coma until midnight *

I'm right there with you. Pop a few pills, sweet sweet oblivion, then judgement, for bad or good.

Alas, I don't know if there's a safe dose of oral pills that would last for 24 hours.

Wouldn't that be ironic : overdose, wake up a few days later in a hospital bed, with brain damage, and find out you matched UTSW. Oops.

I cannot sleep. I've taken some cheratussin AND benedryl and I STILL cannot sleep. That is bad. Very very bad. Holy crap I'm gonna go crazy in the next 23 hours. :scared:

I cannot sleep. I've taken some cheratussin AND benedryl and I STILL cannot sleep. That is bad. Very very bad. Holy crap I'm gonna go crazy in the next 23 hours. :scared:
I'm right there with ya mgirl...-sigh-

hope those early glitch matches werent true..... :scared:

Good luck guys!

21 hours, 47 minutes to go.

I hate when I wake myself up by snoring too loudly. Does that happen to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
17 hours 20 minutes 47 seconds.
:xf:
The programmers should have programmed a countdown on TMDSAS' website:

School Matched:
Will be posted in 15 hours, 31 minutes and 5 seconds.

I was thinking last night that I am really glad of the "or view" glitch. For me the glitch told me I didn't match higher, so I was a little bummed, but I can't be that bummed because I still have a spot and the glitch is not "official". So I go into today thinking I'm not going to match higher, but if I do then I'll be super excited, but if I don't, well I was expecting that anyway. The glitch has given me time to get used the the idea of not matching higher, so no matter what happens at midnight, I won't be too disappointed. On the other hand if the "or view" glitch told me I matched higher and I didn't come midnight, then I might have to call in a bomb threat to TMDSAS.

I was thinking last night that I am really glad of the "or view" glitch. For me the glitch told me I didn't match higher, so I was a little bummed, but I can't be that bummed because I still have a spot and the glitch is not "official". So I go into today thinking I'm not going to match higher, but if I do then I'll be super excited, but if I don't, well I was expecting that anyway. The glitch has given me time to get used the the idea of not matching higher, so no matter what happens at midnight, I won't be too disappointed. On the other hand if the "or view" glitch told me I matched higher and I didn't come midnight, then I might have to call in a bomb threat to TMDSAS.

Same here. :thumbup:

I already know where I'm going, as I ranked my pre-match school first, but I'm still nervous for everyone else. The Texas threads are just vibrating with anxiety. Good luck to everyone!

I already know where I'm going, as I ranked my pre-match school first, but I'm still nervous for everyone else. The Texas threads are just vibrating with anxiety. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on the acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your support and stickin' around here on this crazy today!!! :hardy: partying on sdn like it's jan 30 2009!!!

Good luck to everyone today. At least in a few hours everyone will know something CONCRETE for the first time in a year.

Good luck everyone hope you all get in where you want to be... so thankful that I am done with the whole process and can just wait to start!

Good luck to those waiting on match results. :luck:

I'm excited to check back in after midnight and find out where everyone will be going.

This is a grueling process which has taken much time and dedication. Pat yourself on the back just for making it this far, and remember that where ever you end up, you'll finish medical school with that M.D. after your name.

This is off the current topic, but I thought it might help you guys get your mind off of your current situation for a moment. I would like some input from my fellow Texans.

I'm getting ready to go back to school to take the science pre-reqs that I was lacking from my current degree (BA in communications) and I'm trying to decide on a school to go to. I got my degree from SFA in Nacogdoches, but I don't think I'm going to go back because I want to be close to my parents so that I can help them out (they have a lot of medical issues and I want to be able to help them with doctor's appointments, etc). They live in New Braunfels so I was thinking about either going to Texas State in San Marcos or UT-San Antonio in San Antonio. Does anybody have any oppinions about either one of these schools? I haven't heard a lot about them.

Thanks for your thoughts and help and good luck to everybody!!

This is off the current topic, but I thought it might help you guys get your mind off of your current situation for a moment. I would like some input from my fellow Texans.

I'm getting ready to go back to school to take the science pre-reqs that I was lacking from my current degree (BA in communications) and I'm trying to decide on a school to go to. I got my degree from SFA in Nacogdoches, but I don't think I'm going to go back because I want to be close to my parents so that I can help them out (they have a lot of medical issues and I want to be able to help them with doctor's appointments, etc). They live in New Braunfels so I was thinking about either going to Texas State in San Marcos or UT-San Antonio in San Antonio. Does anybody have any oppinions about either one of these schools? I haven't heard a lot about them.

My personal opinion is it doesn't really matter. At my interviews, I saw people from literally every school imaginable. Now if you were comparing a large state school to a smaller school, there might be a slight advantage to the large school, but I think it would be negligible. More imporatant than the school you go to are the grades you maintain and your MCAT score. I think you would be fine either way...so I would pick the one that was most convenient.

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the two schools. I wanted other peoples oppinion about them; preferably from people that went there. I'm not asking which one would look better on paper.

As far as convience goes, I think they're both about the same distance from the town that I'm looking to relocate to (New Braunfels, TX).

Last edited:

Thanks for your thoughts and help and good luck to everybody!!

I have taken classes at both schools and I would definitely recommend Texas State over UTSA. Neither school is great, but my experiences with science classes (only two) at UTSA have been pretty bad.

I think the classes at Texas State did a good job of preparing me for the MCAT and I had some pretty great professors there.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Does anyone know how many spots there are for uthscsa, utmb, and tech?

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the two schools. I wanted other peoples oppinion about them; preferably from people that went there. I'm not asking which one would look better on paper.

As far as convience goes, I think they're both about the same distance from the town that I'm looking to relocate to (New Braunfels, TX).

Are financial factors an issue? If so, it might be cheaper to get a place in San Marcos.

I think the schools are pretty equal otherwise. I'd personally choose UTSA because I like San Antonio better than San Marcos.

I keep checking TMDSAS, hoping against hope that they were just kidding about posting match results at midnight, and that they are up now...I am begining to think life is just one big disappointment.

/agree

Just over twelve hours left! Anyone wanna take bets that the TMDSAS servers will crash exactly at 11:58 PM CST, leaving most of us panicking for a whole two minutes more before they restore functionality? :laugh:

I was excited to finish this match bit, but then I realized that if I don't get my top choice, there are still waitlists to wait for. And then OOS schools + Baylor to wait for... This is such a draining waiting game, even thought I'm pretty good at killing time haha.

Holy crap, is it almost match time again? :p

Yep. Pretty much I've went ahead and kissed goodbye to UT-H, UTHSCSA, and UTSW for tonight; maybe I'll get lucky and the "glitch" was indeed a mistake, but I can't really think of any reason to think it was.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll get back here in time for the big event :D

The match is so close and yet so far!! Good luck to all :luck::luck::luck::luck:

So I just got this book for my pharmacology class, and guess what it says on the front. "500 USMLE-type questions..." Good thing I'm using this for UNDERGRAD! Geez...I'm beginning to think this class might be kinda hard...

Good luck everyone! Only about 11 hours to go. I would suggest a nice drinking game to pass the time...but as I have a severe cold I'd probably be only downing shots of Theraflu.

Dang, I just checked TMDSAS to see if it would be up at "12:59", but alas no dice. Guess we'll have to twiddle our thumbs until 11:59 :whistle:

Yeah. I checked their site and my email because there was a rumor that it would be released at 12:59PM but that appears to be unfounded.

UTH just emailed us saying they'd send us out a roster for next year's entering class, so the schools obviously have the list already.

So I just got this book for my pharmacology class, and guess what it says on the front. "500 USMLE-type questions..." Good thing I'm using this for UNDERGRAD! Geez...I'm beginning to think this class might be kinda hard...

haha is it vtpp 425?

i didn't take it but my TA for physio said that it was THE worst and most dissapointing class in his entire undergrad career at A&M... btw are you a bims mojor? if so when did you take physiology?

Dude don't say that!:scared: I was one of the people that "glitched up" and I don't honestly know how I would react if that would happen. I had (foolishly i know) told my mother and friends that I probably gotten in UT-SA; pretty soon it got out of control and they began to make all kinds of plans about getting apartments and such. Doh! :bang:

haha is it vtpp 425?

i didn't take it but my TA for physio said that it was THE worst and most dissapointing class in his entire undergrad career at A&M... btw are you a bims mojor? if so when did you take physiology?

Yeah that's what it is haha. I was really looking forward to it cause I'm a pharm tech so I figured it would be interesting and I'd have a leg up kinda. But we'll see. Did he say what was so horrible and disappointing about it??

Yeah, I'm a BIMS major. I took physiology last semester. Thank God it's over lol. I enjoyed the class but I kinda slacked off with the whole interview season, med school waiting thing. It ended up biting me in the butt.

I am OOS, and I put in my match preferences at the beginning of Jan., but I still don't even know if OOS are part of the match...So, do OOS get matched at all? Or is the match just for TX residents?

Also, on the status page it says:

"School matched:"

Then the thing about when it will be posted.

Is this just a general thing, or does this mean that I personally have been matched somewhere?

I'm really confused...., but I hope the second is true, because then I have positive answers for both questions!!!!

Help, anyone....

I am OOS, and I put in my match preferences at the beginning of Jan., but I still don't even know if OOS are part of the match...So, do OOS get matched at all? Or is the match just for TX residents?

Also, on the status page it says:

"School matched:"

Then the thing about when it will be posted.

Is this just a general thing, or does this mean that I personally have been matched somewhere?

I'm really confused...., but I hope the second is true, because then I have positive answers for both questions!!!!

Help, anyone....
OOS does not match. But that's interesting, I don't see "School matched" on my status page. Oh wait, there it is, I do have that as well. Mine doesn't show a school either.