Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Admissions Brochure #1
Notification date: 11/13/17
Method of notification: mail
GPA: sGPA 3.4 and oGPA 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23

Got the big packet. It was just too good to be true
what does admission brochure mean? does it mean they offered you admissison?

Admissions Brochure #1
Notification date: 11/13/17
Method of notification: mail
GPA: sGPA 3.4 and oGPA 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23

Got the big packet. It was just too good to be true
Haha got this too. No idea why they're giving info after already applying + no interview

Members don't see this ad :)
okay so I received this brochure in the mail today without an interview invite. Is this a soft rejection or something? I had a mini heart attack opening the damn thing.

Reactions: 1 user
okay so I received this brochure in the mail today without an interview invite. Is this a soft rejection or something? I had a mini heart attack opening the damn thing.
they send it to everyone who applied, people who have already received interview invites received the brochure as well

D1 Penntist here :)

Understand that receiving a brochure in the mail isn't just a wasted printout of what you could easily find online. In this process, you really need to read between the lines and use what you can to your advantage: Before interview, during interview, and after. Many schools send nothing throughout the process and if you're one of the unfortunate ones, then the only form of correspondence you may receive is a snail mail rejection letter. Stop questioning or complaining and just be glad that Penn takes the initiative to establish correspondence with you. How receptive you are to that and if/how you act on it could make every difference. That isn't to say that anything needs to be done on your end in response to something as miniscule as the school brochure. Appreciate though, that correspondence (in any form) is a potential gift--a bridge that provides communication and the chance for you to reciprocate with the ultimate goal of building some form of relationship. I'm pretty sure that's Penn's philosophy behind sending you guys that. They don't like leaving applicants in the dark (silence) and would rather do something for everyone than just the "select few." Corky's very adamant about her mission to give thorough and fair attention to every application she reads (and she does read every single one). Whether it's the first one submitted in June or the last one that barely made the deadline.

Okay, that's my two cents lol. Good luck to every single one of you!! And for those of you who haven't heard back yet, don't worry! I didn't get an interview invite until January...granted my app was complete about a year ago :rofl:

Reactions: 4 users

Understand that receiving a brochure in the mail isn't just a wasted printout of what you could easily find online. In this process, you really need to read between the lines and use what you can to your advantage: Before interview, during interview, and after. Many schools send nothing throughout the process and if you're one of the unfortunate ones, then the only form of correspondence you may receive is a snail mail rejection letter. Stop questioning or complaining and just be glad that Penn takes the initiative to establish correspondence with you. How receptive you are to that and if/how you act on it could make every difference. That isn't to say that anything needs to be done on your end in response to something as miniscule as the school brochure. Appreciate, though, that correspondence (in any form) is a potential gift--a bridge that provides communication and the chance for you to reciprocate with the ultimate goal of building some form of relationship. I'm pretty sure that's Penn's philosophy behind sending you guys that. They don't like leaving applicants in the dark (silence) and would rather do something for everyone than just the "select few." Corky's very adamant about her mission to give thorough and fair attention to every application she reads (and she does read every single one). Whether it's the first one submitted in June or the last one that barely made the deadline.

Okay, that's my two cents lol. Good luck to every single one of you!! And for those of you who haven't heard back yet, don't worry! I didn't get an interview invite until January...granted my app was complete about a year ago :rofl:

absolutely love everything that was said here, thank you for this :)

Reactions: 1 users

Understand that receiving a brochure in the mail isn't just a wasted printout of what you could easily find online. In this process, you really need to read between the lines and use what you can to your advantage: Before interview, during interview, and after. Many schools send nothing throughout the process and if you're one of the unfortunate ones, then the only form of correspondence you may receive is a snail mail rejection letter. Stop questioning or complaining and just be glad that Penn takes the initiative to establish correspondence with you. How receptive you are to that and if/how you act on it could make every difference. That isn't to say that anything needs to be done on your end in response to something as miniscule as the school brochure. Appreciate though, that correspondence (in any form) is a potential gift--a bridge that provides communication and the chance for you to reciprocate with the ultimate goal of building some form of relationship. I'm pretty sure that's Penn's philosophy behind sending you guys that. They don't like leaving applicants in the dark (silence) and would rather do something for everyone than just the "select few." Corky's very adamant about her mission to give thorough and fair attention to every application she reads (and she does read every single one). Whether it's the first one submitted in June or the last one that barely made the deadline.

I understand that, but when people who never even submitted the supplemental application get brochures, you begin to question the importance of receiving this brochure.

Last edited:
I understand that, but when people who never even submitted the supplemental application get brochures, you begin to question the importance of receiving this one in a life time Penn brochure.

Okay disclaimer: If you get a brochure from any school it is JUST that. It's not an interview invitation...it's not a prequel document to an interview invitation...it's just a brochure. If you're still skeptical, check your aadsas profile, email account, and voicemail for anything that remotely displays any form of word play featuring the words Interview and Invite lol.

I know that this is exciting for all of you, but don't jump to conclusions so fast :rofl:
Don't freak out, breathe, use logic...and THEN conclude lol.

If any of you guys have questions either about Penn, the process, or me (D1) feel free to hit up my inbox. I kind of have time....off and on at the moment? I have an exam next week that hasn't been fun to study for but this is the longest stretch in between exams we've had so far this semester so I'm trying to use the time effectively lol

Reactions: 2 users
is there anyone who got an app complete email in early-mid September and also received an interview? i know my app is submission is near the tail end of things, just wanted to know if i'm out of the running at this point :(

is there anyone who got an app complete email in early-mid September and also received an interview? i know my app is submission is near the tail end of things, just wanted to know if i'm out of the running at this point :(

I actually interviewed yesterday and the director of admission mentioned that they are still reviewing August applications. With that, they won’t send out all of their acceptances Dec 1st and will interview up till at least the end of Feb.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually interviewed yesterday and the director of admission mentioned that they are still reviewing August applications. With that, they won’t send out all of their acceptances Dec 1st and will interview up till at least the end of Feb.
thank you for telling me this! i'll keep my hopes up, hope your interview went well!

If I remember correctly, Penn doesn't send an "under review" email. They do submit the status update via AADSAS though...so watch for the change to Under Review :)

Did they happen to mention how much of their class they fill up by Dec 1? Wondering the chances of getting in with my post dec 1 interview (ie are we interviewing for wait list?)

I completed my app early September as well and still waiting for my app to go under review. Let's hope we get that interview soon!

So I got an invitation to interview through email on Thursday, called them to schedule the same day, and selected from the available dates. Still no confirmation email though. Am I alone or is this normal? How long should I wait before contacting them again?

So I got an invitation to interview through email on Thursday, called them to schedule the same day, and selected from the available dates. Still no confirmation email though. Am I alone or is this normal? How long should I wait before contacting them again?

Congrats on the invite!! :clap:
Give it til mid-morning Thursday. If you still haven't gotten an email by then you could shoot admissions a friendly quick call for it. Did your status change in AADSAS?

That's weird. I got an email saying I got an invite before I received anything in the mail. Check your junk.

If I remember correctly you won't get a confirmation until after you send them the lunch order form you get in snail mail... that's like your OFFICIAL rsvp

Does anyone have any tips/advice for their interview at UPenn? Was it stress-free and relaxed? What was the parking situation like at the school?

Congrats on the invite!! :clap:
Give it til mid-morning Thursday. If you still haven't gotten an email by then you could shoot admissions a friendly quick call for it. Did your status change in AADSAS?

Just checked. My status did not change in the portal yet either :(

Just checked. My status did not change in the portal yet either :(

That's okay lol. If they've literally gone as far as to book you for an interview date you should be fine. Give them a call sometime today or tomorrow since we're off Thursday/Friday. The office staff doesn't bite, and they respond pretty quickly to emails

Congratulations! If you don't mind, what were the remaining/available interview dates?

According to last year's thread, it seems like some ppl got their rejections around this time (a week or two before 12/1). I wonder if they've sent out rejections already. No news = good news for me atm lol

Last edited:
According to last year's thread, it seems like some ppl got their rejected around this time (a week or two before 12/1). I wonder if they've sent out rejections already. No news = good news for me atm lol
They will be sending out more interviews to fill there class after Jan 1st once all their dec 1 people give their deposits

Good luck on December 1st for all those that have interviewed. I'm at Penn Dental now and would love to help answer any questions. I was deciding between Penn and Columbia if that helps anyone.

Reactions: 3 users
The Class of 2021 Class Council made a facebook group for prospective students who have been accepted and want some insight into Penn and/or general help with solidifying what school to attend. Once you get that phone call from Corky tomorrow--or any other time during this application cycle--please join the fb group to take advantage of the resources we put together for you! This includes an upperclassman contact sheet for any and all questions, and some insight on some apartments/housing in the area!
1f642.png

Search "UPenn School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022" or follow this link: Facebook group

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and during the next few months, we're all super excited to see you guys here next fall!

Reactions: 5 users
:welcome:

:biglove:Good luck potential Penntists!! I can't wait to see the page explode with happiness in just a matter of hours :biglove:

Congrats!! Where are you from and what are you stats?
Thank you.
overall gpa: 3.65
science gpa: 3.60
DAT score: 24 AA, 24 TS, 22 PAT
Texas resident

App complete sometime in July. Interviewed in November.

Does Corky every give phone calls for Non-acceptances? (wait lists and rejections)

Does Corky every give phone calls for Non-acceptances? (wait lists and rejections)

No, if she did that she’d have to call every single person that applied lol. She calls for everyone that’s accepted. I think waitlists are email notification. Rejection is snail mail

No, if she did that she’d have to call every single person that applied lol. She calls for everyone that’s accepted. I think waitlists are email notification. Rejection is snail mail

ok, so if I called Penn admission, and the person who picked up said Corky will call me some time today, after she searched my name (which I had to spell out, so she definitely checked the result) for the result and asking me for a moment of waiting, is that a good sign?

sending good vibes all around!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I just got my acceptance call at UPENN!!! :D

will it change to offer made on aadsas?
I just checked my AADSAS portal and the status are the same ("Under Review"). I don't think UPENN really uses their AADSAS portal. Best of luck to you though! Hope you get the acceptance as well! :)

Acceptance call a few minutes ago :)

WA resident

See you all in the fall!!!!!!!

Philly bound! Always sunny baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.