***The Official UPenn Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Penn is still giving out pre-December interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got scheduled for Oct 13th. They only had one spot left in Oct though, then the rest jumped to early November. Seems like they had at least 4 days in November left.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who already had penn interview, how did they go?

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that have interviewed, how did it go? And where did you stay?

For those of you that have interviewed, how did it go? And where did you stay?

The school gives you a list of hotels that are close to the school and also will give you a discount so I know people stayed at any of them. The students there were REALLY nice. Probably the nicest bunch I’ve come across throughout all of my interviews. The actual interviews themselves are just very conversational. Even for my open file interview, we didn’t even talk about anything in my application. I spoke to everyone else that I interviewed with and they all also spoke about random stuff. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

AADSAS status finally changed to "Under Review" from "App Complete" in the past few days (submitted late July), any chance at a pre-Dec interview? Or am I in it for the long-haul

AADSAS status finally changed to "Under Review" from "App Complete" in the past few days (submitted late July), any chance at a pre-Dec interview? Or am I in it for the long-haul
They might still have a few dates in the last week of November but you’re most likely in for the long-haul. I’ve been under review since mid September and haven’t heard anything yet

I've been under review since September 5th (I believe) and no interview. You're in for the long haul.

App sent or app complete late July?

Interview invite this morning! They still have space on Thursdays and Fridays in November. At the very least I was told Nov. 9, Nov. 16, and Nov. 17.

App was considered complete on Aug. 14

Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite this morning! They still have space on Thursdays and Fridays in November. At the very least I was told Nov. 9, Nov. 16, and Nov. 17.

did your app go 'under review' before your interview invite? My app was complete around the same date, however I've been marked 'complete' for 2 months

Yes, I got an invite as well. Good luck to everyone! It just seems that the schools operate at different paces. For example, I still havent heard from NYU and Columbia

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry I forgot to ask. After you called in to pick a date, did you get a confirmation email with the date and details? I haven't, but I also felt awkward calling the office again.

Sorry I forgot to ask. After you called in to pick a date, did you get a confirmation email with the date and details? I haven't, but I also felt awkward calling the office again.
You'll get a package in the mail where it confirms the date and you get to pick a lunch.

No I haven't!

You'll get a package in the mail where it confirms the date and you get to pick a lunch.

So does this mean they wait until you call to schedule to send out this packet?

did your app go 'under review' before your interview invite? My app was complete around the same date, however I've been marked 'complete' for 2 months

Mine has been Under Review since August. It actually still says it now lol, it hasn't changed to Invited for Interview yet. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Mine has been Under Review since August. It actually still says it now lol, it hasn't changed to Invited for Interview yet. Not sure if that's normal or not.
Same here! And in regard to your question about the packet - yes, the nice lady on the phone told me I will get it via mail after I scheduled.

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/17/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail out: 7/6/17
Application Complete Date: 7/12/17
GPA: sGPA 3.53 and oGPA 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none

got interview #7 from Penn yesterday. Think I might have to decline due to cost :(

Which day did you choose? I am November 2nd

I just received the interview invite email on Tuesday (Sept. 12th) and the lady on the phone told me that the only available interview dates left were: Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, and 16th. So I'd imagine anyone who hears back this week/next week might be the last pre-decemeber interviews they send out? but I could also be wrong

Here are my stats for reference:

School: Penn
Notification date: 9/12
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/08
Application complete date: 7/31 (received email that my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall) 3.50, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22 / TS 22 / PAT 21 / RC 22/ none
Which day did you choose? I’m nov 2!d

Anyone have interview tips for penn?
Just relax. I got the impression that they were gauging your ability to have a conversation with a stranger (like the ones you create with new patients everyday as a dentist). I would come prepared with a decent amount of questions for the interviewer but also calm your nerves and be able to talk freely and fluidly. They made a point that the interviews were intended to be super chill.

Anyone have interview tips for penn?
All my interviews here started off with "so what questions do you have for me?" lol Also they tell you you have 2 interviews but it's secretly 3.

How was it secretly 3?

All my interviews here started off with "so what questions do you have for me?" lol Also they tell you you have 2 interviews but it's secretly 3.

Hey, so i was just wondering, for the those of you who interviewed , if u got a confirmation email with the date, time, etc. of the interview after scheduling it, or if i the package by mail is all we get afterwards, thanks!

Hey, so i was just wondering, for the those of you who interviewed , if u got a confirmation email with the date, time, etc. of the interview after scheduling it, or if i the package by mail is all we get afterwards, thanks!
You will get a packet with a lunch form you need to return to secure your day. After that, you will get an email!

Cheers =)

I didnt get any confirmation.

Does everyone receive an admissions brochure in the mail? Just got one

Does everyone receive an admissions brochure in the mail? Just got one
Are you talking about the stuff they mail you before your interview including your lunch order form?

Are you talking about the stuff they mail you before your interview including your lunch order form?
No, I havent been invited for an interview yet. It's about admission requirements and stuff.

Just got the email this morning!!! Interview #3! Really pumped about this one!

Went from app complete to under review yesterday. Interviewing Nov 16th but the next dates were all in December.

Reactions: 2 users
Also received a giant info packet. Please just save your money and interview us

Reactions: 7 users
Also received a giant info packet. Please just save your money and interview us
Personally, I thought it was a nice gesture. UPenn is very old fashioned and likes sending paper versions of information packets. I actually thought those packets were pretty informative.

Either way, I hope everyone has good luck! <3

They're just playing with our feelings. lol Random but after my interview one of my interviewers gave me the emails of some of the professors at the school interested in what I'm into. Do you guys think I should email them? I was going to wait until december to see if I get in before emailing them...IDK lol I do know that I'm overthinking his :rofl:

I got a few emails and I’m waiting but the choice is yours. I don’t think it’ll help your/our application if that’s what you are wondering but who knows

They're just playing with our feelings. lol Random but after my interview one of my interviewers gave me the emails of some of the professors at the school interested in what I'm into. Do you guys think I should email them? I was going to wait until december to see if I get in before emailing them...IDK lol I do know that I'm overthinking his :rofl:

I got a few emails and I’m waiting but the choice is yours. I don’t think it’ll help your/our application if that’s what you are wondering but who knows
I think I'll just wait. Thanks for the response!

Just got an invite this morning! For anyone interested, the only December date available was Dec. 14. After that, the interview dates are in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.