UPenn Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone get a random email from UPenn just now, talking about admissions portal?
Yeah my email said “application status” that my app is under their multitiered review process. At least it wasn’t a rejection lol. I thought it was an interview 😑

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
really got my hopes up for nothing lol .. but does it mean anything when they say that it is "progressing" through the review process?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah they just keep sending that annoying “application status” email

Reactions: 4 users
Lmao got it this morning and AGAIN was like “oh maybe this is an interview!….nope 😑. Honestly I feel like they’re prepping us for that rejection email😂.
Honestly, if you don't get it, I cannot get it either lol I mean all the perfect GPA/DAT ppl apply to Harvard/Columbia/Penn that competition is gonna be ridiculous -_- I'd just feel more comfortable and give up if they didn't respond any or sent us any automatic emails.

Honestly, if you don't get it, I cannot get it either lol I mean all the perfect GPA/DAT ppl apply to Harvard/Columbia/Penn that competition is gonna be ridiculous -_- I'd just feel more comfortable and give up if they didn't respond any or sent us any automatic emails.
Yeah I’d rather them just sent 1 email and called it. I’ve barely received emails from my other programs and to me it’s felt like “out of sight out of mind” mentality and I’ve sorta forgotten and moved on. But they keep sending it like they’re trying to give us hope lol. It’s my reach school too but my stats are still within target range of their averages. However my demographics are probably what’s hurting me the most.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, don't give up hope! I got two of those "application status" emails before it turned into an interview invitation just last week. your time will come :)

Is anyone else not able to see their secondary application responses? I used to be able to, and no longer can. Penn is my dream school :(

Is anyone else not able to see their secondary application responses? I used to be able to, and no longer can. Penn is my dream school :(
I don't believe I was ever able to see my secondary app responses. How were you able to view yours?

Hey, don't give up hope! I got two of those "application status" emails before it turned into an interview invitation just last week. your time will come :)
Can I ask what dates were available for your interview?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? When did you complete your applications?
Thanks! I sent my secondaries in around late august. I generally refrain from sharing my stats cuz some may find it somewhat discouraging... dm me if you think it might be helpful to know.

Happy Acceptance Day! CONGRATS on all your hard work throughout this entire process, you seriously deserve to celebrate. My name is Stefanie Wyszkowski and I am the D1 Vice President at Penn Dental Medicine. Admitted students: please join the Penn Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Facebook group to learn more about our program and meet your future classmates. Best of luck to everyone throughout this process, the hardest part is over!
www.facebook.com/groups/1053924232668991/

has anyone received an acceptance, or do you know if they are done giving acceptances today?

I don't think I've seen anyone who posted their acceptance as of 2:48PM EST, I've heard they start calling at 3PM.

Reactions: 1 users
i got a call at 12:46pm PST with a scholarship notification

did anyone hear back that interviewed in December? I heard nothing

I think most of the early calls were scholarship recipients, if I had to guess, they're likely gonna notify regular acceptances soon