****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just called them since I haven't heard from them since August and they said they only have two more dates for January and those are the last two dates for interviews.

Hoping to hear from them soon :(
Did they say that invitations for those dates are still going out, by any chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received rejections from UMICH yet? Admissions said they've been sending out rejections but straight up rejections don't seem to be too common it seems like

Has anyone received rejections from UMICH yet? Admissions said they've been sending out rejections but straight up rejections don't seem to be too common it seems like
I haven't got one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected in-state w/o interview this morning. Forever Go Blue, still!

Rejected in-state w/o interview this morning. Forever Go Blue, still!
So sorry to hear that but just keep your head up man. Were you notified by email?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In-state, UM undergrad, still haven't heard anything... fingers still crossed because I know a D1 who was in the same exact predicament as me last year!

Reactions: 2 users
In-state, UM undergrad, still haven't heard anything... fingers still crossed because I know a D1 who was in the same exact predicament as me last year!

Is there still a chance to get an interview at UMICH at this point? as it seems late since they aren't interviewing after January

Reactions: 1 users
Is there still a chance to get an interview at UMICH at this point? as it seems late since they aren't interviewing after January

Not a great chance, but I know they do tend to send interview invites close to the interview date. Also if they had already sent out all their interview invites, I likely would have received a rejection email.

Not a great chance, but I know they do tend to send interview invites close to the interview date. Also if they had already sent out all their interview invites, I likely would have received a rejection email.
Was your app also complete late?

Invite for 1/27 :) got the email yesterday around 2pm!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats and best wishes to those who have a January interview date! Be confident and be yourself during the MMI session.

Does anyone know how many spots are left in the class of 2021 or how many offers were extended on December 1st?

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys,

Can someone explain the interview process to me and how it went?

Also, my school offers a 300 and 100 level microbiology course. Both are "introduction to microbiology." Would it matter which I took?

Thanks

Does anyone know if UMICH typically (based on previous years) sends out rejections to those who did not receive an interview, at the end after all interviews have been completed? I still haven't heard back regarding a rejection nor have I received an interview invitation and i'm wondering if this lack of feedback is typical of UMICH?

Reactions: 4 users
Any OOS people get rejections? UMich has been silent for me.

Got accepted yesterday!! Couldn't be more excited to move to Ann Arbor next year! Go Blue!

There are about 35 spots to fill according to my interview today. They interviewed about 30 today and will likely do the same for the final date.

Any OOS people get rejections? UMich has been silent for me.

I don't understand why they don't just send out rejections and get it over with instead of dragging it on because they're not even interviewing after the end of this month

I don't understand why they don't just send out rejections and get it over with instead of dragging it on because they're not even interviewing after the end of this month
Right? I don't even understand why other schools including Michigan are doing this. It's really unprofessional. If you expect us to be timely or professional, so do we.

Anybody in state heard any news? I've been calling them and emailing them and still haven't heard anything outside of "you'll know by February".

Right? I don't even understand why other schools including Michigan are doing this. It's really unprofessional. If you expect us to be timely or professional, so do we.
I'd imagine that they have set timelines for when their rejection notifications go out to those without interviews, so that admissions can focus on reviewing active files in the meantime. They do get thousands of applications after all.

I'd imagine that they have set timelines for when their rejection notifications go out to those without interviews, so that admissions can focus on reviewing active files in the meantime. They do get thousands of applications after all.
Wouldn't it make sense to instantly send out rejections and reduce that stress and pile of papers That inevitably have to be contacted and then focus on the active files that remain..

At my interview on the 20th they told us that we will hear back with acceptance/waitlist/rejection in the week following the last interview date, which is this upcoming Friday.

Wouldn't it make sense to instantly send out rejections and reduce that stress and pile of papers That inevitably have to be contacted and then focus on the active files that remain..
Maybe, but that's still like a thousand rejections to send out. I would think they would want to attend to the files that they're most interested in first, and then everything else later. Even if it wouldn't take too much time.

Maybe, but that's still like a thousand rejections to send out. I would think they would want to attend to the files that they're most interested in first, and then everything else later. Even if it wouldn't take too much time.

The weird thing is they've rejected some people, even as recently as last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.