****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received another message from housing stating that munger contracts started going out late April and are coming in on a rolling basis once space becomes available. Should I be looking for alternate housing in case this doesn't work out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know. I applied in March 23rd. So I applied early. This is pretty annoying.

Received another message from housing stating that munger contracts started going out late April and are coming in on a rolling basis once space becomes available. Should I be looking for alternate housing in case this doesn't work out?
I received an email stating that contracts would be awarded starting this week. I know that this year they changed the application process. Before they required an essay but now I believe they accept everyone based on when you applied. So I know before someone said that every dental student who applied last year was given a spot, but maybe this year it is different.

I was able to sign up pretty early too but I made the mistake of signing up for a June 16 move in to northwood which effectively locked me out of selecting a room. I didn't realize that contracts started in August. I changed my preferences so I can self-select a northwood apartment but they're all taken by now. I managed to secure a sublet for summer term but I'm still looking for fall/winter housing. Kinda annoying but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Applied on 3/21 and got an email today around 4 PM saying that I have three days to accept the contract to move in on June 1st. However when I accepted, it didn't give me a room number or anything.
Hmm. I just checked. I applied 3/25. I wonder if that was too late. the website said you get your room assignment when you get your contract.

Got off the waitlist yesterday! I feel very very blessed since UMich is my dream school.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah if you click on your contract, it gives you a room number!
Hmmm. I don't see it. On the UM studenthousing website where we applied I click on the link that says "Housing contract was accepted on..." and it shows the contract. Under apartment details it just says "7 bedroom apartment " no room number.

Hmmm. I don't see it. On the UM studenthousing website where we applied I click on the link that says "Housing contract was accepted on..." and it shows the contract. Under apartment details it just says "7 bedroom apartment " no room number.
Hmm on mine, the first line under Apartment Details says a number followed by "Munger Residencies". Then it says 7 person apartment and then it says furnished.

May I ask how much the rent is for student housing?

Does anyone know what we need to wear for pre-orientation? Casual or business?

Does anyone know what we need to wear for pre-orientation? Casual or business?

I'm wondering this for orientation. They mention "professional attire", what does that exactly mean...?

I'm wondering this for orientation. They mention "professional attire", what does that exactly mean...?

I guess for orientation, we can wear what we wear during interview.

I asked for preorientation and she said we'd find out more info later but it's business casual on Monday, Tuesday, Friday but Wednesday and Thursday we can wear scrubs.

Are there Michigan scrubs we can buy on campus, or is everyone buying scrubs online/elsewhere?

What's happening Friday?

I'm sorry I don't really know, I had just replied that I'd be there and asked about attire and she said this: "You will receive some more information later but in terms of attire, you can wear business casual on Mon, Tues and Friday. On Wednesday and Thursday you will be doing some lab work so it's a good idea to wear your scrubs if you have them by then." Sorry I can't help more!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone made a class group for sitting together at the football games yet? Also does anyone know how to purchase individual student tickets to either basketball or hockey games? I want to go to a few but not buy the whole season student package for each.

Did anyone get any email regarding schedule of pre-academic orientation yet? Also, on wolverine access our summer 2017 class schedule is up. (8.75 credits total)

Is everyone buying football tickets? Is it worth it?

There's textbooks? At this point I thought we'd have coursepacks

For the textbooks, do we buy them now?
You won't ever need textbooks, all the exams are based off of what's presented on the powerpoint. The Alpha Omega Fraternity and the Schoolwide database also has study guides that almost everyone uses for their exams. And if you'd like to take a look at the textbooks, they're for free in the school library database.

Are there Michigan scrubs we can buy on campus, or is everyone buying scrubs online/elsewhere?
You'll need some scrubs that you can get anywhere, and the Michigan Dentistry scrubs will be sold during your white coat ceremony but will arrive probably in December

Reactions: 1 users
So we are starting pretty soon. Anyone else feeling a little nervous or anxious?

hi everyone! I was recently accepted and senioritis has hit harddd. how strict is michigan with post-acceptance grades? have offers been rescinded for low passing grades?

As long as you're above the stated minimum in the acceptance letter, you're good.

Hey I’m going to be a entering D1 next year, class of 2022, and I am trying to find some cheap apartment options near the school of dentistry that have a bus route to the school. Do any of you have suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.