*** The Official University of Florida Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean they have not filled all the spots yet?

Not too sure. I would imagine that if they aren’t done reviewing applications there would still be room in the class. I heard that only about 70% of in-state acceptances (who make up a majority of the class) were actually accepted. Not sure how reliable that is, but there’s still hope!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not too sure. I would imagine that if they aren’t done reviewing applications there would still be room in the class. I heard that only about 70% of in-state acceptances (who make up a majority of the class) were actually accepted. Not sure how reliable that is, but there’s still hope!!
Sources?

bphilly812 ... I'm confused by what you wrote ... could you please clarify:
"...about 70% of in-state acceptances (who make up a majority of the class)- were actually accepted."
This makes no sense to me at all. It sounds like you are saying that they offered 100% of whoever they offered - but then 30% of them weren't actually accepted who were offered. That would be like offering an admission to 100% of the students, but then when the student responded to the offer - the school told 30% of them, "sorry, you weren't really offered."

OK - So here is my guess at what you were trying to say ...
Of the in-state students offered admission to UFCD - only 70% of the students accepted the offer.

Let's put what I think you are saying in real numbers. Perhaps 90 of the 93 students in the Class of 2022 are in-state. If 30% of them declined their offer of admission - 27 seats (30%) were still available after the initial offers went out and the 30 day response time came to an end.

At any rate, I seriously doubt there are many seats available now. We are late in the admission cycle and judging by the UFCD Class of 2022 Facebook page it looks like the class is full.

PS - I appreciate your offering what you heard to the board ... I just can't make sense of what you wrote and I may have misunderstood entirely. Thanks for any reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
bphilly812 ... I'm confused by what you wrote ... could you please clarify:
"...about 70% of in-state acceptances (who make up a majority of the class)- were actually accepted."
This makes no sense to me at all. It sounds like you are saying that they offered 100% of whoever they offered - but then 30% of them weren't actually accepted who were offered. That would be like offering an admission to 100% of the students, but then when the student responded to the offer - the school told 30% of them, "sorry, you weren't really offered."

OK - So here is my guess at what you were trying to say ...
Of the in-state students offered admission to UFCD - only 70% of the students accepted the offer.

Let's put what I think you are saying in real numbers. Perhaps 90 of the 93 students in the Class of 2022 are in-state. If 30% of them declined their offer of admission - 27 seats (30%) were still available after the initial offers went out and the 30 day response time came to an end.

At any rate, I seriously doubt there are many seats available now. We are late in the admission cycle and judging by the UFCD Class of 2022 Facebook page it looks like the class is full.

PS - I appreciate your offering what you heard to the board ... I just can't make sense of what you wrote and I may have misunderstood entirely. Thanks for any reply.

This is what I meant, sorry for the confusion with the wording. All I know is that they have rejected people without interviewing and I have yet to interview, but am still under review. This tells me (as did the admissions office) that there is still the possibility of more interviews occurring.

I work in another department at the dental school and my boss was previously on the admissions committee for 10+ years and has had contact with the current admissions committee on how the process is going this year.

I work in another department at the dental school and my boss was previously on the admissions committee for 10+ years and has had contact with the current admissions committee on how the process is going this year.
When was this?

Anyone accepted off the waitlist after that second batch of acceptances?

Anyone accepted off the waitlist after that second batch of acceptances?
looking more like April or May is when the next movement is going to happen :\

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected today without interview.
oGPA: 3.64 sGPA: 3.5
24AA/24TS/18PAT

Good luck to those waiting!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement??

it wouldnt be until mid april since applicants can still hold a seat at more than one school. They are asked to make a decision on the 1st - so after about a week or two schools could send out more interviews or start pulling from the waitlist. That being said i would guess we wont hear anything from UF until may.

Hey guys, just curious I am currently wait listed for uf and received this email march 23. Has anyone else received this? I am hoping it is a good sign

"We hope this email finds you well. We understand that at this point in the admissions cycle, you are trying to make important plans for your future. We want to provide you with as much information as possible to assist you with making decisions.

You’re still on the alternate list. We have not yet finalized our 2018 entering class. We will continue to make offers of admission to alternate candidates on a rolling basis throughout early summer and possibly through the first day of orientation. The 2018 admissions cycle will officially conclude when the full class is in attendance on the first day of orientation on August 20, 2018.

We can’t tell you where you are on the alternate list. We understand that this might be frustrating. The alternate list order can change from day to day due to academic updates. That is why you should:

1. Keep your academic information up-to-date. Have you finished your prerequisite courses? Did you graduate? Did you retake and improve your DAT scores? You can submit unofficial transcripts and test scores via email or fax.
  2. Keep your contact information up-to-date. Do you have a new phone number? Will your email address change over the summer? Please let us know."

Hey guys, just curious I am currently wait listed for uf and received this email march 23. Has anyone else received this? I am hoping it is a good sign

"We hope this email finds you well. We understand that at this point in the admissions cycle, you are trying to make important plans for your future. We want to provide you with as much information as possible to assist you with making decisions.

You’re still on the alternate list. We have not yet finalized our 2018 entering class. We will continue to make offers of admission to alternate candidates on a rolling basis throughout early summer and possibly through the first day of orientation. The 2018 admissions cycle will officially conclude when the full class is in attendance on the first day of orientation on August 20, 2018.

We can’t tell you where you are on the alternate list. We understand that this might be frustrating. The alternate list order can change from day to day due to academic updates. That is why you should:

1. Keep your academic information up-to-date. Have you finished your prerequisite courses? Did you graduate? Did you retake and improve your DAT scores? You can submit unofficial transcripts and test scores via email or fax.
  2. Keep your contact information up-to-date. Do you have a new phone number? Will your email address change over the summer? Please let us know."
I recieved this email as well. I think it was just a reminder that we’re waitlisted it’s definitely not a sign for anything.

Reactions: 2 users
I recieved this email as well. I think it was just a reminder that we’re waitlisted it’s definitely not a sign for anything.
agreed. unless you did something awesome between the interview and now to update them, I'd definitely let them know.

Anyone from the waitlist heard anything after the “waitlist directed” email?

Anyone who applied ad was accepted, what are your stats? Applying for the next cycle and want to see what my general possibilities are. I have a 3.68 overall and a 3.5 science. I'm taking the DAT this June with hopes of at least a 20-22. Thanks!

I think stats don't really give a good idea of your chances necessarily. I say this because I had a 3.65/3.5 and a 24AA/24TS when I applied and was rejected without an interview here and it's where my undergrad degree is from/my state school. There's been people accepted here this past cycle with both extremes for stats, so just give it your all, be yourself if you do happen to interview and if it's meant to be, it will be! Stats are just one fraction of everything they look at.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone called recently and received any information regarding waitlist....?

Has anyone called recently and received any information regarding waitlist....?
I emailed them yesterday asking about the status of the application cycle, and they said “the class has not been solidified,individuals on the wait list are given offers to fill spots until the class has been filled.”

So does class start on August 27th?

I emailed them yesterday asking about the status of the application cycle, and they said “the class has not been solidified,individuals on the wait list are given offers to fill spots until the class has been filled.”
Does this mean they've already bgiven out offers to students on the waitlist?

Does this mean they've already bgiven out offers to students on the waitlist?
I got in off the waitlist yesterday afternoon

Reactions: 2 users
Got in off the waitlist (since Dec 1) this past Friday! there’s hope for everyone still on the list!

Reactions: 4 users
Got in off the waitlist (since Dec 1) this past Friday! there’s hope for everyone still on the list!

Congratz!!! Is there anything you did between Dec 1 and now to help, like email them updates or call them a bunch? I have been on the wait list to since Dec 1 so just curious

Congratz!!! Is there anything you did between Dec 1 and now to help, like email them updates or call them a bunch? I have been on the wait list to since Dec 1 so just curious
No nothing special!! I just updated them once a month with extracurricular things. I also tried to do more stuff that I think I was lacking on my application which I think helped, as well as stay consistent with my grades! Goodluck.

Her GPA and DAT are very decent. She is a Florida resident.
Could you please tell the best way to handle this? There was any success before?

Thanks!
My girlfriend as I said before was denied by UF. However she accepted a California dental school's offer in Jan. 2018 and paid deposit.
Now she has changed her mind because she is from Florida. In her case , is there any problem for her to apply for UF again?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Called again yesterday. Said the class isn’t solidified. I wonder if they have acceptances out that would fill the class and are just waiting to hear back or if they’re still actively reviewing. Seems like they finished up much sooner in the previous years. Still hopefull

Has there been anymore movement?

Whoever gets in off of the waitlist, let me know because I’m currently still looking for roommates.

Called today, they said another two weeks......
Anyone heard anything?

Called again today. The reason why the class is still not solidified yet is because they have sent out all of their offers, but those offers are still waiting to be accepted or denied. If denied, wait list will hopefully keep moving.

One of my friends just got off the waitlist on Friday

Heard from somebody accepted on Friday that they were offered a seat in the class but would have to pay out of state tuition even though they were Florida residents. Heard all waitlist calls will be similar to this

Heard from somebody accepted on Friday that they were offered a seat in the class but would have to pay out of state tuition even though they were Florida residents. Heard all waitlist calls will be similar to this
How can they legally do that?

Not exactly sure, I do know she denied the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.