*** The Official University of Florida Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how likely it is to get admitted off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Also just got alternate/waitlist email

Members don't see this ad :)
Yayy congrats to everyone! Have they started a fb page yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Got denied. FL resident....decent stats. Can I talk to anyone in admissions to find out why?

same.. I seriously thought I had a chance at UF, but here I am drunk and crying :( not my proudest moment in life lol

Got denied as well with a really high GPA and decent DAT scores. Interviewed late July.

I got a call a couple weeks ago asking if I had any last questions about their program and to stay tuned for Dec 1st. Yesterday I got a rejection email. Why would they call the people they were going to reject? It's both a little cruel and a waste of their time. I don't get it.

Reactions: 7 users
I got a call a couple weeks ago asking if I had any last questions about their program and to stay tuned for Dec 1st. Yesterday I got a rejection email. Why would they call the people they were going to reject? It's both a little cruel and a waste of their time. I don't get it.

I feel like this is a very interesting year/cycle for UF...I personally have a 3.61 gpa from UF undergrad and a 24AA/24TS DAT and thought I would atleast interview, but didn't even get that chance...aside from that, I have 10+ friends here that interviewed with great stats and 1-2 got accepted and the rest were either waitlisted or denied. Not sure what they are looking for exactly...weird nonetheless. Hoping for the best for everyone!!!

Reactions: 3 users
yea I thought that was BS, they pretty much knew then who was in and who was out . Thought that was just plain cruel and mean, what a head game.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like this is a very interesting year/cycle for UF...I personally have a 3.61 gpa from UF undergrad and a 24AA/24TS DAT and thought I would atleast interview, but didn't even get that chance...aside from that, I have 10+ friends here that interviewed with great stats and 1-2 got accepted and the rest were either waitlisted or denied. Not sure what they are looking for exactly...weird nonetheless. Hoping for the best for everyone!!!
Im with you on this. I have no idea what UF was looking for. UF grad, DAT 22/22/24, GPA 3.87, honors, research, volunteering, working at a Free Dental clinic, lots of shadowing and got rejected. Thought the interview went fine, unlike the others I went on they grilled you at this one, over stupid things, but it didnt fluster me, kind of expecting it. But was surprised when I didn't get waitlisted. Several people I know same thing, but 2 people I know with lower GPAs and DAT got waitlisted....oh well, moving on have other choices , so know Im gong to DS. Funny how it works out as I really wanted to move OOS, this is the push I needed.

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone making a Facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when you take the first part of boards here?

Last edited:
Denied? Or Alternate? Keep your chin up if it’s meant to happen it will. :)

denied!
Denied? Or Alternate? Keep your chin up if it’s meant to happen it will. :)

Denied!!! I got an email saying...

"Thank you for your application to the University of Florida College of Dentistry. After completing a careful and holistic review of your application, the Admissions Committee has concluded that we are unable to offer you a place in the DMD entering class of 2017. We have a robust, competitive applicant pool and regrettably, we cannot accommodate all students interested in our DMD program."

Anyone going to the open house on the 9th?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats on all the acceptances!

Any females a fan of cats and looking to have a roommate? Also anyone from South Florida attending? (Hollywood, Pines, Cooper City or Davie, Miami)?

Congrats on all the acceptances!

Any females a fan of cats and looking to have a roommate? Also anyone from South Florida attending? (Hollywood, Pines, Cooper City or Davie, Miami)?

I'm from South FL and will be attending!

Can't wait to meet everyone who got in! Who's going to the luncheon that's coming up?

Here's a Facebook I made if you guys all want to add yourself!
just search UFCD Class of 2022

Reactions: 3 users
I can't find it. How are the privacy settings in the group?
Sometimes groups created with a school email-linked FB account are only visible by other people in the school.

??? UFCD Class of 2022 ???
Sorry St669, but nothing comes up for me either...

It doesn't come up for me either. Do you have to send an invitation to be in the group or something?

Try to search for it now. It should work!

Last edited:
Declined interview offer for 1/19.. good luck to one of you!

So if we didn't get an interview but didn't get denied, are we still in the hunt?

Does anyone know how likely it is to get admitted off the waitlist?
it's actually pretty likely. My friends was taken off, i dont remember exactly how far in though. She was set to go to Temple and had a roomate and was even started studying and then she found out she was off the waitlist and she went.

Invited for interview over the phone. January 10th

Received an interview invite today! Looking around for Cost of Attendance for in-state and I couldn’t really find those numbers on their website. Does anyone know what COA is at UF?

Received interview invitation #8 today for January 19th! OOS! Likely will not attend, hope that one of you lucky people get it!

Last edited:
Received an interview for January 19th, but does anyone know if we're interviewing for a waitlist position? I know some schools I interviewed with pre December mentioned that was the case for them.

Received an interview invite today! Looking around for Cost of Attendance for in-state and I couldn’t really find those numbers on their website. Does anyone know what COA is at UF?
COA for D1 year. Let me know if you cant see the attached file!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.56.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 10.56.15 PM.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 111
Does anyone know if there has been any movement off the waitlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.